PDA

View Full Version : Have Christians Already Accepted The Mark Of The Beast?

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 06:55 PM
http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin390.htm

Kuldebar
08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Many of the...shall we say "fanatical" Christians...are working contrary to the biblical text by trying to bring about prophecy and events in Revelations.

The Bible clearly says that no man shall predict the hour, yet millions are feverishly working to bring about what they deem to be biblical destiny.

Nucking Futs, or Crazy Like a Fox? (http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2007/07/26/nucking-futs-or-crazy-like-a-fox/)

I was raised as son of Pentecostal Minister, I do not want my post to be construed as derogatory of the Christian faith.

Hook
08-13-2007, 07:19 PM
This pastor seems to have broken out of the typical slumber of the fundies

Richie
08-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Excellent article. I agree 100%.

ChrisM
08-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I didn't read those linked articles, and I'm nowhere near Pentecostal (but Christian nonetheless -- go ecumenism!) but I think it is wrong to try and bring about the events described in the Revelations to John specifically in themselves as per modern interpretations.

First, the Revelations are written entirely in symbolic language. There have been many interpretations made, the most popular of which in modern times, is the one that describes a global government, a global currency, and the global war against Israel. There is no way to tell if that is correct. Honestly, I think it is foolishness to live in the future. There are people who are not saved in the present. We (Christians, I mean) should be focusing on them.

Second, it is entirely contrary to Biblical teaching to bring about death and destruction at all. Jesus was the ultimate pacifist, although also perfect. Because we are not perfect, Christianity, largely with the guidance of St. Augustine, has designed a Just War Theory, describing circumstances under which war is justified, even though, as a necessary component of the Theory, it is made known that war is ALWAYS evil. It is not justified to provoke warfare, especially in the name of God, which could be considered blasphemy.

Third, as was already mentioned, only the Father knows the hour. We can't begin to know or read the signs and claim to be able to tell even an approximate epoch in which the endtimes will occur. When people try to do that, dangerous things occur a la mass suicides, mass self-imposed poverty, among other things.

ShaneC
08-13-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin390.htm

wow! good points.

I've been described as an "Agnostic Theiest" Whatever that means exactly, I'm not sure, but I like the article.

constituent
08-13-2007, 07:52 PM
i feel like it's always revelations somewhere...

and genesis somewhere else..

ecclesiastes...

on down the line.

Kuldebar
08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
i feel like it's always revelations somewhere...

and genesis somewhere else..

ecclesiastes...

on down the line.

In the end is my beginning.

Breathe in, live, breathe out, die...

You are a deep one, Mr. Constituent.

Original_Intent
08-13-2007, 08:13 PM
This pastor seems to have broken out of the typical slumber of the fundies

Not only a pastor, I believe he is also quite involved in teh Constitution Party.

It may not be official though. They certainly print a lot of his stuff and listed him as a possible Presidential Candidate for 08.

Richie
08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Not only a pastor, I believe he is also quite involved in teh Constitution Party.

It may not be official though. They certainly print a lot of his stuff and listed him as a possible Presidential Candidate for 08.

Wasn't he Michael Peroutka's running mate?

Original_Intent
08-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Wasn't he Michael Peroutka's running mate?

Yes. I did not know that, I had to check Wikipedia =)

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 09:35 PM

Yup. I think you all would like a lot of his articles. He's a good guy and he's on our side.

Wendi
08-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Please remember that not ALL Christians feel that way - by far. I would venture to guess that the vast majority are none too pleased with the things Bush has done during his time in the Whitehouse. It is the vocal few who speak out in praise of him - and alienating them all because of a few is going to do nothing to help Ron Paul win in 2008.

Just saying...

Yooper Jo
08-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Pastor Baldwin is one of us. He wrote an article about Ron Paul back in the spring.
You can read it at:
http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/23154.html

Jo