PDA

View Full Version : Petetion From UltimateRonPaul.com

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
For some time now I've wondered about the web site www.ultimateronpaul.com.

It came on a few days before the first billionaire post, and one of the people behind it is Richard Viguerie, a well known establishment Republican who has raised billions of dollars for various causes and who is credited with helping get Ronald Regan elected.

Well now they have a petition, two of them actually, to get Ron Paul to seek the Libertarian Party nomination for President and to get the Libertarian Party to nominate Ron Paul regardless.

Please see here http://www.ultimateronpaul.com/current-petition/

I'm wondering if there are some big money backers who would come out and support Ron Paul if he did decide to go the third party route.

I know Ron Paul has said he will remain in the Republican Party, and as long as he does I will to.

So I signed the second petition, to the LP, but not the first, to Ron Paul.

Let's see if the LP will go ahead and nominate Ron Paul, then I'll consider asking if Ron Paul will accept the nomination.

Could it be? We'll see.

nate895
02-15-2008, 01:15 PM
The only way Ron Paul will go 3rd Party will be if he loses his Congressional Primary, which I fnd unlikely.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-15-2008, 01:46 PM
I think that site a data-mining site to build up a huge contact list for profit

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-15-2008, 01:50 PM
I think that site a data-mining site to build up a huge contact list for profit

Why do you think that? I'd like to sign the petition if it's legit, but definitely not if it's a scam.

Rhys
02-15-2008, 01:53 PM
yeah, the worlds largets Republican spammer realized he needed our emails too. that's what's behind it. the fact that he wants us to go third party should tell you something. get our emails and then kick us out@

Also, what the hell has he done for us since he started that site? nada

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Why do you think that? I'd like to sign the petition if it's legit, but definitely not if it's a scam.

Again there are two petitions, one directed to get Ron Paul to run as a Libertarian, the second to get the LP to nominate Ron Paul regardless of his decision.

I signed the second, but not the first.

I will follow Ron Paul's lead for now, but I would like the LP to offer him the nomination without his having to seek it.

Gives him more choices, not fewer..