PDA

View Full Version : Repubs voting for Obama in Texas?

teshuah
02-15-2008, 12:17 PM
I was listening to Rush and he was commenting how Texans Republicans and Independents will vote for Obama over Hillary 71%-24% and Texan Republicans say the McCain has it in the bag so they'll just go ahead and vote for Obama so Hillary doesn't get the nod.

If this is even somewhat true.... how will that effect the Huckabee/Ron Paul vote?

terlinguatx
02-15-2008, 12:21 PM

123tim
02-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I was listening to Rush and he was commenting how Texans Republicans and Independents will vote for Obama over Hillary 71%-24% and Texan Republicans say the McCain has it in the bag so they'll just go ahead and vote for Obama so Hillary doesn't get the nod.

If this is even somewhat true.... how will that effect the Huckabee/Ron Paul vote?

I wasn't aware that there was a Huckabee/Ron Paul ticket.

I just wonder how it will affect the Ron Paul vote.

jblosser
02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Linda Curtis of Indy Texans has asked her people to vote Obama.

teshuah
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
i meant how will this effect the split between the votes huckabee and ron paul get? Of course I"m rooting for RP to take them ALLLLLLL

goat farmer
02-15-2008, 03:30 PM
All I know, is that I live in Dallas and I have not seen or heard one add or seen one sign for any candidate except the Ron Paul sign in my yard.

Then, last night, I get an automated call from Obama's wife, asking for support, "press one if you will support Obama" and mentions of restoring America by putting in a Democrat in the Whitehouse.

I honestly think Obama has stolen lots of Paul and Republican votes in general, I mean, hell, the message sounded really good and made sense.

I think so many people are fed up with Republicans, the dems are gonna clean freakin' house in this election.

thekeeper
02-17-2008, 11:07 PM
I have talked to quite a few people who are Republicans who are plannng to cross over and vote in the Democratic primary here in Texas.

The Obama cross-overs are extremely Anti-Hillary and Anti-McCain. They would rather see Obama in the General Election, and will probably vote for him. These folks are open to an alternative in the General Election. They are not for Obama. They are just against the others.

The Hillary cross-overs are Anti-Hillary and Anti-Obama. They really don't like McCain either. However, they are loyal Republicans. They feel that McCain has the nomination sewn up. They would rather run against Hillary. They feel that McCain can win against Hillary in the general election, but not against Obama.

I have not talked to one Republican who likes Hillary or McCain here in my area of Texas. I talk to a lot of people about politics. It seems to come up a lot when they see my Ron Paul hat.

I think that this crossing over of Republican voters in Texas will help both Huckabee and Ron Paul.

libertarian4321
02-18-2008, 05:13 AM
Since most Republicans (except those on this forum) believe the Republican "race" is over, a lot of those folks who DESPISE Hillary may vote against her. They realize the Democrat may win in November, and if a Dem has to win, I suspect most Republicans would find Hillary less offensive than Obama.

IPSecure
02-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Hell No!

Wendi
02-18-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm torn. I want to vote for Paul on principle, and it's not over until it's over, but the reality is... Texas isn't going to make much difference for us at this point. On the other hand, the Dem. primary winner in Texas will secure a ton of delegates & it very well may decide their nomination... And the thought of Hillary winning makes me physically ill. :eek:

nate895
02-18-2008, 04:19 PM
McCain supporters will go over to vote in the Democratic Primary, boosting us and Huck.

RedLightning
02-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm torn. I want to vote for Paul on principle, and it's not over until it's over, but the reality is... Texas isn't going to make much difference for us at this point. On the other hand, the Dem. primary winner in Texas will secure a ton of delegates & it very well may decide their nomination... And the thought of Hillary winning makes me physically ill. :eek:

It would be even worse with Obama as president, his positions are even more liberal then Hillary's.

Andrew-Austin
02-18-2008, 06:39 PM
I don't give a damn what the odds are of my most favored candidate winning, I'm still voting for him in the primary, and writing his name in later on down the road.

If every American in Amero-town voted for their favorite Presidential candidate, the results could differ significantly. This trying to counter the collective vote strategy seems foolish to me.

luvfreedom
02-21-2008, 09:25 AM
If you do not vote Republican in the primary you can't attend the Repub precinct convention. You must vote Repub and get your voter registration card stamped to be able to become a delegate and/or vote another RP delegate.

thetruthhurtsthefed
02-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Of course they are going to clean house. There is a recession on the way (may be in one now) and the republicans never want to be in power during a time like this, hell who will be to blame? The Democrates! And when the recession/depression is over....guess who will rear their ugly head again the neocons/republicans....What a cycle and game.

There are a large number of military service personnel that support RP and others who wish he would shut up, I wonder if they ever ask the disfigured and permanently disabled or even the families of the deceased what they think of RP and getting everyone home?

VaderM5
02-25-2008, 01:29 PM
I wont be.