PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Worth, Tx: Straw Poll, September 1st

constituent
08-13-2007, 06:44 PM
So I figure it is about time to start finding out what to do next. I can be in Ft. Worth for the straw poll, hope others can be too. I'm not a part of a meetup group, but am confident that they'll get something worked out...

but in the meanwhile...

anyone in the NewMoklahomtexarkanousiana area planning on making their way down to Ft. Worth for the event?

wbbgjr
08-13-2007, 06:47 PM
I would think Ron Paul would stand a good chance of improving on the 9% numbers in Texas.

0zzy
08-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Not really. Only delegates can vote.

constituent
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
i thnk he'll do much better than 9

billm317
Not really. Only delegates can vote.

What exactly does that mean?

constituent
but it isn't really about the straw poll. it's about all the nice folks out there in tv land.

constituent
08-13-2007, 06:50 PM
as a requirement to vote, you must have previously served as a republican delegate.

ScotTX
08-13-2007, 06:56 PM
A bunch of us from Austin will be there. We can't vote, but we'll show 'em what's up.

cujothekitten
08-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Anyone know any delegates in Texas?

rg123
08-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I think fredhead will be the biggest competition down in Texas sucks its a delegate
vote. I dont know how much Ron will pull hopefully a good amount. It is his state
but alot of areas of the MSM in Texas has hit him pretty hard. I can hear Rove lurking Texas is going to be a fight.

constituent
08-13-2007, 07:14 PM
what i think will be necessary (thinking along the lines of Aimes success), is a soundbite busters, media response team... to make sure that whenever a talking head starts blabbing their noise to the folks at home, a nice crowd of Ron Paul banner waving, name chanting enthusiasts are behind him making sure that their commercial for the establishment candidates is blown by the "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, We're Not Just the Internet" noise in the background....

something along those lines.

ScotTX
08-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Hello all,

Well Iowa has come and gone. It is more important than ever that we focus on
good results here in our home state.

The GOP is holding the first ever Texas Straw Poll at the end of August. The
event will happen up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. See:

http://www.texasgop.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Straw_Poll_Home

Most of us are not eligible to participate in this event. However, we *can*
contact eligible delegates and ask them to attend - and vote for Dr. Paul!

We have phone numbers for just under 17,000 eligible potential delegates.
Past research by the Republican Liberty Caucus has indicated that as many as
1/3 of these people are Freedom-friendly.

Attendance will likely be *low*. If we can get a few hundred Ron Paul
supporters on the floor of this Straw Poll, we could actually WIN!

*PLEASE* help with this effort. All you need is an internet connection and a
telephone. Contact me here to get on board:

ccy@earthlink.net

Please provide your:

* First and last name
* City
* email address if different from the one you contact me from

We'd like to start calling MONDAY!

lynnf
08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Anyone know any delegates in Texas?

I'm one - and I'll be there, God willing.

lynn

lynnf
08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
I think fredhead will be the biggest competition down in Texas sucks its a delegate
vote. I dont know how much Ron will pull hopefully a good amount. It is his state
but alot of areas of the MSM in Texas has hit him pretty hard. I can hear Rove lurking Texas is going to be a fight.

My inkling is that RP is not well known in Texas. He's one of about 32-33 congressmen, so I think only the very savvy have heard much about him. But the good part is that since the delegates are political activists, they might be more likely to have heard of him than the raw electorate. HQ (or someone) has already sent out a glossy card to potential delegates (as I believe was posted on another thread) and that is the only one that I got from any candidate.

lynn

im_a_pepper
08-13-2007, 10:02 PM
"Who can attend:
Delegates to the Straw Poll - Must have been a Delegate or Alternate Delegate to at least one of the last 4 Republican State Conventions (2000, 2002, 2004 or 2006) or one of the last 2 Republican National Conventions (2000 or 2004). If you have not received a registration packet in the mail and meet these qualifications, please email strawpoll@texasgop.org to request that a new registration packet be mailed to you. Be sure to include your current address and phone number in the email."

What a bummer, so when do they actually renew their delegates? Do they just let them die off and breed in new ones or what?

Romney, McCain, & Julie Annie all stated they will not be attending the Texas straw poll.

scrosnoe
08-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Texas will be tough - primarily, because the republican party wants a candidate that the supporters will stay involved with the party and build it. Just wondering if that is what the Ron Paul supporters intend to do? If so tell them that and show them that by being at all Republican functions and helping them make it happen. I know that it is true for me and I will be there at the Texas straw poll proudly casting my ballot for Ron Paul and continuing to guide the Republican party to it's limited government prolife ideals (just as I have done for years!).

ps yes i am in Oklahoma now; but was a delegate in Texas in the required years and thus meet the voting requirements for the Texas straw poll

tiznow
08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Message from campaign on July 29th they are on top of this one seems like

this straw poll will mainly fall into the hands of the campaign itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 29, 2007
New Texas Campaign Staff

I am pleased to announce the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee has added two key members to our Texas campaign staff to coordinate our very important effort to win Texas for Ron Paul.

Mark Elam, who has served as Ron Paul's campaign manager for his congressional campaign for 11 years, has agreed to serve as our Texas state coordinator.

Jean McIver, a former Ron Paul congressional assistant campaign manager, will be joining us as our Texas field coordinator. Together they will help direct our crucial Texas program.

Mark and Jean are both long-time Ron Paul campaign associates and have each played pivotal roles in his congressional elections. Congressman Paul and I are very encouraged that these two political veterans have stepped in to fill these roles and help lead the thousands of committed Texas campaign volunteers who are already working in the trenches to spread the Ron Paul message and secure the GOP presidential nomination for our candidate.

One of the great things about the addition of these two top staff members in Texas is that they will be able to quickly hit the ground running since both have already been working as part of the Ron Paul team.

Beginning immediately, you should feel free to communicate with Mark and Jean about the campaign in Texas. They will be organizing the entire state and directing our important Texas GOP straw poll effort on Sept. 1 in Dallas/Fort Worth.

Mark Elam can be contacted at mmelam@aol.com or by phone at 281.484.1600. Jean McIver can be contacted at JeanMcIver@DWMServices.com or by phone at 972.668.0660.

We plan to begin communicating frequently with you and our other Texas campaign team to keep you informed of activities and important news as it occurs. To start off this process let me just briefly mention several items:

1. This week we sent out over 21,000 color Ron Paul Texas GOP straw poll mail cards to all of the people in the state who are qualified to attend and vote in the GOP straw poll. The mailer encourages Texas GOP voters to attend the straw poll and to cast their vote for Congressman Paul. A photo of Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan is included along with some key issue and biographical information on Ron Paul.

2. We also have created a phone list of straw poll delegates...a list we will be sharing with the Ron Paul team across the state as we quickly shift our Texas GOP straw poll effort into high gear.

3. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend the Ron Paul Texas Bar-B-Q Bash and Birthday Party on Sunday, August 26, from 1-4 pm, in Texas City. Join the Paul family, staff and scores of friends in helping celebrate Congressman Paul's birthday. To RSVP or for more information, call 1-800-Ron-Paul or online at www.RonPaul2008.com.

Texas is a crucial state in our campaign to elect Ron Paul the next president of the United States. It is precisely because we have great, committed people like you helping us that we are confident of victory.

Thank you...and keep pressing the battle!

Lew Moore
National Campaign Manager
Ron Paul 2008

jblosser
08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Message from campaign on July 29th they are on top of this one seems like

this straw poll will mainly fall into the hands of the campaign itself.

Depends on what you mean by that. We are working hard with Jean, who is local to DFW. We are still the majority of the hands available.

Please contact Chuck and call Texas delegates if you want to help. There's no need for pessimism here, we plan to do very well here in Ron's own state. See the other thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12220

scrosnoe
08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Here, copied and pasted from the sticky:

Yesterday, 08:16 PM

ScotTX
Member About:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

Well Iowa has come and gone. It is more important than ever that we focus on
good results here in our home state.

The GOP is holding the first ever Texas Straw Poll at the end of August. The
event will happen up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. See:

http://www.texasgop.org/site/PageSer...traw_Poll_Home

Most of us are not eligible to participate in this event. However, we *can*
contact eligible delegates and ask them to attend - and vote for Dr. Paul!

We have phone numbers for just under 17,000 eligible potential delegates.
Past research by the Republican Liberty Caucus has indicated that as many as
1/3 of these people are Freedom-friendly.

Attendance will likely be *low*. If we can get a few hundred Ron Paul
supporters on the floor of this Straw Poll, we could actually WIN!

*PLEASE* help with this effort. All you need is an internet connection and a
telephone. Contact me here to get on board:

ccy@earthlink.net

Please provide your:

* First and last name
* City
* email address if different from the one you contact me from

We'd like to start calling MONDAY!

something you can do to help if you wish

LibertyEagle
08-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Ron Paul supporters,

Please email Chuck Young at ccy@earthlink.net with your 1) First and last name 2) City and State you live in 3) your email address. You can also call Robert Morrow at 512-306-1510.

Ron Paul could WIN the Texas Republican Straw Poll in Fort Worth. But first he needs a little bit of your HELP. The #1 thing you can do right now is to help us make 17,000 phone calls within one week to all the Texas Republican delegates whose phone number we have. It is critically important that we do voter identification with these delegates to find out 1) who supports Ron Paul and 2) who is undecided. We need to do this NOW in order to get these folks to Fort Worth, possibly on buses from around the state.

Please recruit yourself and friends to help us do this job! In order to make phone calls, please email your 1) First and last Name 2) City and State you live and 3) Email address to Chuck Young at ccy@earthlink.net Chuck's is organizing our Ron Paul phone effort and Chuck's phone number is 512-448-7898. Also you can call Robert Morrow at 512-306-1510.

Only after you have sent Chuck your relevant info will he send you your username and password so that you can get started on the Advokit system to help us blast through these 17,000 phone numbers of Texas Republican delegates.
Here is the Advokit page: http://ronpaulaustin.com/rptxpac/ Here is the Help page for Advokit: http ://ronpaulaustin.com/rptxpac/help/ It is critically important that if you actually talk to a delegate that you hit the "Add a Task" button to record a contact.

Secondly, we are sending an alert to Ron Paul nation that we will need their campaigning help at the Texas Straw Poll, which is in Fort Worth Friday, August 31st and Saturday, Sept. 1st. We hope to have a party for Ron Paul at 8:30 PM at the Renaissance Hotel (although this has not been confirmed yet!). We will need as many Ron Paul supporters as possible in Fort Worth to 1) put Ron Paul stickers on our delegates 2) pass out push cards 3) hold up Ron Paul signs 4) campaign with delegates and 5) have a great time.

Thanks for your help. The great thing about working with Ron Paul volunteers is how passionate and dedicated they are about Dr. Paul's message of liberty and the man himself. Now let's prove it again with a big push for Ron Paul in the Texas Straw Poll. And right now we need people to make PHONE CALLS to Republican delegates. Have a great day!

Robert Morrow 512-306-1510 Austin, TX

disinter
08-15-2007, 11:34 AM
More DFW straw poll info here:

http://www.dallasforronpaul.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

MikeStanart
08-15-2007, 07:42 PM
I was an Alternate Delegate; I'm asking off of work tomorrow.

EDIT: My brother was as well, so hopefully we can both make it.

Ira Aten
08-16-2007, 09:08 AM
I am signed up, and have had hotel reservations booked for the last few weeks. I suggest you guys get on the phone for rooms if you are going.

I intend to go to vote for him and to also talk to fellow Republicans about the fact that although many of them state "...I like Ron Paul, but he can't win the nomination" they NEED to realize that Ron Paul is the ONLY Repubican candidate who can, and will, beat Hillary/Obama in the general electon.

All the so called "front runners" such as McCain, Guliani, Romney, and Huckabee all are viewed by almost EVERYONE as simply being the next spokesperson for Rove, Cheney-Bush Foreign policy.

Ron Paul is the ONLY guy who has a CREDIBLE record of voting against Iraq invasion, NAFTA, and the North American Union, which a CRAPLOAD of Texans recognize as the goal of the HATED Trans-Texas Corridor.

Ron Paul has the credibility with not only Independents, but he is the ALTERNATIVE tht the Repubican moderates and Democrats in this country WILL TURN OUT TO VOTE FOR, IN DROVES.

Guliani cannot beat Hillary/Obama, and Guliani cannot win Texas since he is the name partner of the Law Firm representing CINTRA, the Spanish company pushing the NAFTA Suprehighway and its hated Trans Texas Corridor.

McCain will sign anti gun treaty with U.N., and so would Romney and Guliani.

Huckabee is a seen as a mere continuation of the Bush foreign policy, and is Pro-NAFTA guy also.

The only guy who has a strong pro 2nd Amendent record, a strong ANTI NAFTA voting record, and an ANTI Iraq Invasion/Occupation record, is Ron Paul.

WE WILL WIN TEXAS, but we MUST DO SO BY POINTING OUT THAT RON PAUL IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BEAT HILLARY/OBAMA TICKET IN 2008!

Another Clinton White House, scares the tee totalling CRAP out of a Texas Republican party member. That simple.

american.swan
08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
The only guy who has a strong pro 2nd Amendent record, a strong ANTI NAFTA voting record, and an ANTI Iraq Invasion/Occupation record, is Ron Paul.

WE WILL WIN TEXAS, but we MUST DO SO BY POINTING OUT THAT RON PAUL IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BEAT HILLARY/OBAMA TICKET IN 2008!

Another Clinton White House, scares the tee totaling CRAP out of a Texas Republican party member. That simple.

Absolutely. For those who doubt, think about who are the people voting here. These are the total die hard Republicans whose single mission is to beat the Dems no matter what. They want a person who can beat the Clinton's. Ron Paul is that person because he can unify the Right and steal some of the lefts votes.

Paul4Prez
08-20-2007, 01:24 PM
According to this article (http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/207628.html) in the Star-Telegram, there will be a huge anti-war protest outside the event.... a great opportunity for Ron Paul supporters to spread the word!

The article even mentions Ron Paul, but I think they confused this website with his campaign site:

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Surfside, the only Texan in the straw poll, has kicked off a new effort to try to win it.

His staffers are encouraging supporters to call 17,000 potential delegates and encourage them to register and attend. They are also reaching out to Paul supporters in other states to help boost his turnout at the poll.

"We need to do this NOW in order to get these folks to Fort Worth, possibly on buses from around the state," a message on Paul's Web site reads. "Please recruit yourself and friends to help us do this job!"

In addition to Ron Paul, Hunter, Brownback, and Huckabee are also planning to attend.

LibertyEagle
08-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Yeah, but if it's the Cindy Sheehan crowd, I'm tellin' you, if you're dressed up like a RP supporter, it could backfire on us in the media, BADLY!!! Remember we've got to win the Republican nomination first. Republicans cannot stand Cindy Sheehan and anti-war protestors are viewed as leftists. It's a bad thing all the way around.

american.swan
08-25-2007, 08:17 AM
I grew up near the Fort Worth Area before I headed abroad and I have to say that the Fort Worth Meetup group might try marching around with signs in downtown Fort Worth on Friday and Sat nights. That's my suggestion. If I was there, that is what I would do.

jblosser
08-25-2007, 10:14 AM
I grew up near the Fort Worth Area before I headed abroad and I have to say that the Fort Worth Meetup group might try marching around with signs in downtown Fort Worth on Friday and Sat nights. That's my suggestion. If I was there, that is what I would do.

We will be doing this among other things.

MicroBalrog
08-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Texas will be tough - primarily, because the republican party wants a candidate that the supporters will stay involved with the party and build it. Just wondering if that is what the Ron Paul supporters intend to do? If so tell them that and show them that by being at all Republican functions and helping them make it happen. I know that it is true for me and I will be there at the Texas straw poll proudly casting my ballot for Ron Paul and continuing to guide the Republican party to it's limited government prolife ideals (just as I have done for years!).

ps yes i am in Oklahoma now; but was a delegate in Texas in the required years and thus meet the voting requirements for the Texas straw poll

Will you be there?

jblosser
08-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Texas will be tough - primarily, because the republican party wants a candidate that the supporters will stay involved with the party and build it. Just wondering if that is what the Ron Paul supporters intend to do? If so tell them that and show them that by being at all Republican functions and helping them make it happen.

We are.

libertygrl
08-25-2007, 04:53 PM
This really pisses me off. Do you agree with this guy's assessment?

The Texas GOP Straw Poll on September 1st is just around the corner. As of now, the Rudy McRomney trio will not attend, but nearly all of the other candidates will be there. This would create a major opportunity for a lesser-known candidate to make major traction in a critical Republican state.

But it won't, for two critical reasons. First and foremost, the voting criteria is overly restrictive. To be eligible to vote, you must have been either a delegate or alternate delegate to one of the last four State Republican Conventions (2000, 2002, 2004, 2006), or one of the last two National Republican Conventions (2000, 2004). This limits the maximum voting population to approximately 40,000, only a small fraction of whom will attend. Second, the absence of the top three polling candidates will seriously limit media coverage and attendance. Put these two factors together, and you have a situation where the Texas GOP is asking a small, selective group of loyal Republicans to drive to Fort Worth and pay to listen to candidates with a combined polling total of maybe 7% or 8% and then vote in a straw poll that won't mean anything.

Another thing I don't like about the event is that Ron Paul really has everything to lose if he doesn't do well. This is his home state, and anything less than a first-place finish will receive negative attention. This wouldn't be the case if any part of Rudy McRomney were showing up, but in the crowd of Brownback, Hunter, and Huckabee (Tancredo has yet to indicate he'll be there), Paul will be expected to win.

So what are Paul's chances? Well, let's look at the eligible voting population. You can only vote if you were a delegate or alternate delegate in one of the conventions mentioned earlier. In other words, you're eligible to attend if you voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004. This means that the typical Ron Paul supporter in Texas will be unable to express his support in the straw poll by voting, and instead has to find a way to convince the average pro-war delegate to cast a vote for Ron Paul.

It's frustrating to see the Texas GOP take an approach to this straw poll that effectively punishes those candidates whose support comes primarily through fundamental grassroots movements.

Interesting wrinkles- Texans for Peace is helping lead an anti-war rally close to the Fort Worth Convention Center, with healthy attendance expected. By contrast, the key note speaker for the fundraising dinner associated with GOP straw poll is Michael Steele, a staunch pro-war Republican who is currently chairman of GOPAC.

http://ronpaul.typepad.com/

:mad:

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Mike Steele is the keynote speaker????

He's a jerk.

LibertyEagle
08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
It's not as bad as you are saying, libertygirl. The delegates in Texas are largely ticked off at Bush. In a way, this is much better than being open to buying votes, or busing in/paying off people like what happened in Iowa. Since they are delegates, they know the issues and are interested. There are a number of delegates who are old time traditional conservatives and I'm here to tell you, that if you are a traditional conservative, you don't like the front-runners!

So, if you want to DO something about this straw poll, please sign up with the Call Texas program and join in and help call these delegates. We're not yet even half way through calling all 17000 and help is still needed. It is not too late to help. Will you?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12495

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Can this advokit software thing be used with a Macintosh?

Pizza God
08-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Yes I will be there, I was going to be a part of the "Street Team" but somehow (thanks to Jeremy) I will now be on the inside. I have already been talking to our "delegate coordinator" and will be his right hand man getting what ever he wants done. Friday will be spent putting up signs all over the convention center and making sure our presents is seen.

Saturday will be putting fliers out for all the delegates to read as they watch the speeches and wait to vote.

I am looking forward to this opportunity. To me, this is the best opportunity to shine. What is important about this Straw Poll is that only Republican delegates can vote. This means if we do good, we have a chance.

Recently I organized a sign wave at the Sean Hannity Freedom Concert. Mitt for brains was there. We positioned ourselves at the only entrance to the concert and waved to concert goers for 3 hours in 100+ heat.

We were all impressed at how many gave the thumbs up. It might have been 40-50% were thumbs up over thumbs down. (we got a few that told us we were #1 too ) I view this as a good sign.

Also, in talking to some of those that are making phone calls, they are finding that a lot of people are so frustrated at the direction of the GOP, they were/are not going to attend. This works in our favor. I am sure we are going to get a few of these to show up and give a protest vote in favor of Ron Paul.

We are going to have a hard time this coming weekend on the outside of the convention center, HOWEVER we will work through all that and WANT/NEED you to come and show your support. Saturday morning we should be having Ron Paul address everyone (location still to be announced) and it would be great if we had more supporters there than delegates voting on the inside. From what I have heard, there has been 75 media passes giving out as of last week. The press will be there lets have a good showing.

There is also going to be a HUGE peace rally put on by an Austin group. They have 3 blocks reserved for themselves for there protest/rally. We are concerned they may get hostel, but it probably won't happen. When we say huge, they are predicting 5000 people, but then they were predicting 10,000 delegates would show up too.

But because of this, security is going to be tight. Wear your Ron Paul clothing and bring your Ron Paul sign. I would leave the "war" signs home for this event. This way if things get out of hand, you will not be confused with the war protesters.

There is also word that there will be a 9/11 Truth rally somewhere too. (I can not confirm this) We can only hope that they will only promote there own agenda and not confuse Ron Paul as part of there agenda. (this goes for the peace protesters too) Remember, our agenda is to get Ron Paul elected and that is it.

For those coming to promote Ron Paul on the outside, bring your T-shirts and signs. Look for ORANGE t-shirt volunteers, they will tell you where the best places to go are. Check the www.DallasForRonPaul.org forum for the most up to date information. We use that along with phone calls, email lists and meetings to get this event organized.

We are mixed on if we should send people to the protests and hand out material. I guess we will leave that up to those that show up to help. Our number one concern is showing the Republican party Elite that Ron Paul does have support and will do well in a general election.

For those that are coming, Friday night is a Ron Paul Texas Pride Evening with Jimmy Vaughan as musical guests. (for those that do not know who he is, he was the main guy in The Fabulous Thunderbirds and is brother was Stevie Ray Vaughan) He is a Great Texas Blues Guitarist.

this event is going to be great, Ron Paul will make an appearance and there will be food and a cash bar. Please RSVP if you are going to attend.

(BTW, after the primary election, I plan on becoming a Republican Delegate. I also am going to start following the Republican Liberty Caucus and try to make changes from within)

jblosser
08-26-2007, 06:07 AM
So what are Paul's chances? Well, let's look at the eligible voting population. You can only vote if you were a delegate or alternate delegate in one of the conventions mentioned earlier. In other words, you're eligible to attend if you voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004. This means that the typical Ron Paul supporter in Texas will be unable to express his support in the straw poll by voting, and instead has to find a way to convince the average pro-war delegate to cast a vote for Ron Paul.

It's frustrating to see the Texas GOP take an approach to this straw poll that effectively punishes those candidates whose support comes primarily through fundamental grassroots movements.

I am getting eff'ing sick and tired of hearing this from the armchair people who aren't out talking to delegates. There is huge discontent among the GOP here. And a lot of these people go way back with Ron Paul and are quite ready to vote for him if we can help them get past a couple of issues they don't quite understand him on (those issues change from delegate to delegate).

The limited voting population is helping us at the moment. Do you know how hard it would have been to call everyone in TX before this poll? :P The delegates are old conservatives who want to hear about this, they are easy to find, and their votes for Ron will mean a LOT.

Interesting wrinkles- Texans for Peace is helping lead an anti-war rally close to the Fort Worth Convention Center, with healthy attendance expected. By contrast, the key note speaker for the fundraising dinner associated with GOP straw poll is Michael Steele, a staunch pro-war Republican who is currently chairman of GOPAC.

http://ronpaul.typepad.com/

:mad:

Why is the Peace rally a wrinkle? They hate the war, so do we. We plan to leverage their presence and win some new converts.

scrosnoe
08-27-2007, 03:43 AM
Associated Conservatives of Texas will have our Liberty Bell at the Texas Straw Poll for Ron Paul. I have created a special meetup group for you to join to keep in touch with events planned with the Liberty Bell, because we are working on a trip across country from the bell's home base in Keller, Texas to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania soon. We will do a photo op with our ringable bell next to the original Liberty Bell upon our arrival there. The schedule is in the works at present. Lots of press potential here because Ron Paul is our champion for liberty.

If you want to be kept informed about the Liberty Bell's location and the potential to arrange a Rally for Liberty in your city - please join the meetup group www.libertyforum.meetup.com/3 and give us your city location.

We specifically need a person to help us in West Virginia and a couple of other states along the way. We hope to have the bell escorted by patriot guard all along the journey. Send me a private email if you need additional information and I will get back to you asap. I will be traveling to Texas next week to be there for the Texas Straw Poll - hope to see you there and be sure to ring the bell!

www.proclaimliberty.us to hear the bell online
www.libertyforum.meetup.com/3 to keep updated on events

Derek Johnson
08-28-2007, 01:19 PM
I'll be there Saturday morning [outside the Tarrant County Convention Center], with my wife and both daughters. All 4 of us will be making an enthusiatic showing of support for Ron Paul.

After that, we plan to go to another zoo: the Ft. Worth zoo.

Shink
08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Associated Conservatives of Texas will have our Liberty Bell at the Texas Straw Poll for Ron Paul. I have created a special meetup group for you to join to keep in touch with events planned with the Liberty Bell, because we are working on a trip across country from the bell's home base in Keller, Texas to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania soon. We will do a photo op with our ringable bell next to the original Liberty Bell upon our arrival there. The schedule is in the works at present. Lots of press potential here because Ron Paul is our champion for liberty.

If you want to be kept informed about the Liberty Bell's location and the potential to arrange a Rally for Liberty in your city - please join the meetup group www.libertyforum.meetup.com/3 and give us your city location.

We specifically need a person to help us in West Virginia and a couple of other states along the way. We hope to have the bell escorted by patriot guard all along the journey. Send me a private email if you need additional information and I will get back to you asap. I will be traveling to Texas next week to be there for the Texas Straw Poll - hope to see you there and be sure to ring the bell!

www.proclaimliberty.us to hear the bell online
www.libertyforum.meetup.com/3 to keep updated on events

It sounds like your walk to Philly would be best scheduled to coincide with the huge rally there in November. Great way to ensure that it gets media coverage, people walking from across the country to get there!

Mister Grieves
08-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Straw Poll Ballot Order

Here’s what Libertarians and Constitutionalists alike will be seeing at the GOP Straw Poll in Texas this weekend:

1. Ray McKinney

2. Sam Brownback

3. Mitt Romney

4. John McCain

5. Ron Paul

6. Rudy Giuliani

7. Fred Thompson

8. Duncan Hunter

9. Mike Huckabee

10. John Cox

11. Hugh Cort

12. Tom Tancredo

Source: http://thirdpartywatch.com/2007/08/29/straw-poll-ballot-order/

yoshimaroka
08-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Aright, Paul gets to be in the middle of the 'top tier' candidates.

MicroBalrog
08-29-2007, 07:32 PM
I am signed up, and have had hotel reservations booked for the last few weeks. I suggest you guys get on the phone for rooms if you are going.

I intend to go to vote for him and to also talk to fellow Republicans about the fact that although many of them state "...I like Ron Paul, but he can't win the nomination" they NEED to realize that Ron Paul is the ONLY Repubican candidate who can, and will, beat Hillary/Obama in the general electon.

Sir, do you know if there's many other delegates which feel like you do about Ron Paul and will vote for him?

lynnf
08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Sir, do you know if there's many other delegates which feel like you do about Ron Paul and will vote for him?

I would think that there are very few that know the answer to that question. People have been calling delegates about RP and there might exist a count of the results of that effort but, of course, that information should be top secret. Word has been that a lot of the regular rank-and-file Republicans are going to sit the straw poll out, it being a beauty contest and primarily for fund-raising for the party, and there being a large amount of disgust with the party (national and state) due to current and recent events. No one will know for sure until they see who shows up - could go either way.

lynn

Derek Johnson
08-30-2007, 02:16 PM
For those in the Texas vicinity, get to the straw poll Saturday morning around 8:00 am and bring the signs, bullhorns, and friends!

Let's represent our next president, Ron Paul!

BrazilLuLa
08-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey guys. I thought you might find this article interesting. Diebold is out and paper ballots are in for the Texas Straw Poll!

http://ronpaulupdate.blogspot.com/2007/08/ron-paul-and-831-91-texas-straw-poll.html

Magsec
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Great you just confused me there....Texas Republic delegates? I'm not registered to a party yet so I don't know what that means....

Also, I'm willing to venture out to Fort Worth even though I've never been (by myself to boot). A 2 hour drive doesn't sound that bad to vote for Ron Paul but if I can't vote over this weird "Republic Delegate from last X conventions" what's the point? If it was like the Iowa poll where you just needed to flash your state driver's license you could vote....aw screw it I need more info!

Pizza God
08-31-2007, 01:20 AM
This is a Texas Republican fund raiser, This is also Texas's first Straw Poll ever. For some reason they said only Republican Delegates could vote and each could only bring 2 (non voting) guests.

Because of this, no one is going to show up EXCEPT RON PAUL FANS.

You need to make the drive, at least on Saturday morning to show support.

Check out
www.DallasForRonPaul.org forums for more information.

Derek Johnson
08-31-2007, 08:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln__gYtmKfs

I hope to see some of y'all downtown 'Cowtown' Saturday morning at the straw poll. You'll have to be a corpse to not notice the RP supporters. Get out there, and get the Ron Paul name out there!

God's blessings!

dagnytaggart
08-31-2007, 01:20 PM
My husband just saw Ron Paul at the airport in Houston on his way to the straw poll in Ft Worth!
He autographed his copy of the Constitution for me! I'm so psyched!!!
I can't wait to thank him in person in Ft Worth tomorrow!
Shannon

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Edited out. I misread something.