PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to start our own meetup web page?

xRedfoxx
02-15-2008, 11:42 AM
We need to stay united and organized at a national and local level. I hate that we pay all of these meetup fees to some unknown. We need a site that charges the cost of operation only, so that our money goes to the liberty cause. And we need to stay united for future national elections!

I love the meetup style, easy to organise meetings, etc. We could also add features where all organizers can talk freely without stupid limits, etc.

Thoughts?

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I have the server and the space, but cannot program for shit... get me the programmer, and I will cover the server and the initial domain registration... then we can chipin for the costs... currently, I have 50,000 gig of transfer per month... I don't even come close.. I only use like 150 gig a month for hosting mixed DJ sets ;)

raystone
02-15-2008, 12:14 PM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1806/

xRedfoxx
02-15-2008, 12:19 PM
This is a great offer to get it started!! I would love to see a basic registration fee (say $5 per person per year) so if we get 50,000 members, there's $250K to pay for programming and maintenance and band usage per year. That way all of our registration $$ go to our folks!

xRedfoxx
02-15-2008, 12:43 PM
What the web page would do:

1. Have a general blog area similar to ronpaul forums

2. Allows organization of meetup groups (maybe limit it by county for coordination)?

3. Allow meetup county organizers to email each other without limits within their state

4. Allow state meetup organizers to email each other without limits

5. Allow members to find each other/organize by precincts (and maybe have precinct captains)

6. Have an interactive map

7. Charge $5 per member per year for upkeep and costs

8. Have news updates relative to our cause, including candidate forums and debates (we could pull this off for nation and local elections if built correctly, ie, when you log on we would know you’re from Arizona, so all national, state, and local elections for your area could automatically pop up)

What would not happen:

1. Never allow access to membership list to outside groups

2. ….more?

dddienst
02-15-2008, 02:41 PM
I am not sure what is meant by 3 but their should be County, State and National email announcements.

County level Event calendars that merge with State and National events. The march on DC would be a national event but a local republican club meeting would be a county level event and only show on that counties calendar.

Every members profile should list their talents and abilities. Some people will do lit drops but not phone canvasing and Some have special talents in programming, graphic arts, and painting, etc.

Profiles should have a respect rating that people can give and take away from other peoples profiles say a 10 star level. The system internally tracks who you have rated and what that rating is and will allow them to change it at any time but on the persons profile it only shows the average raiting/score. This could be used to help determine who should be leading and at what level. County leaders, state leaders, national leaders. This system would reflect both the participation in the community but the quality of participation.

I like the idea of apersonal network for the profile but if we could add groupings for particular tasks/efforts so people could email to subgroups of profile friends. Someone may be part of a group thats working on a particular senate race but also part of another group that is planning a national march.

The site should be about or called "Ron Paul Republicans" Hopefully one day we could drop the "Ron Paul" as his ideals would have become the defining ones of the party. :)

Just some thoughts...