PDA

View Full Version : Mike "Mish" Shedlock on Ron Paul, Economy, Obama, War, Bush, Hillary

expatinireland
02-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Mike "Mish" Shedlock on Ron Paul, Economy, Obama, War, Bush, Hillary
(http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2008/02/obama-next-president-of-united-states.html)

In this wide ranging article Mish, who voted for Ron Paul, discusses why he feels Obama will be the next President. In it he features an AP poll which indicates that 48% of Americans want out of Iraq for Economic reasons. So it seems we at least educated some people about the costs of war.

Mish also looks at the positive, we can do, attitude of the Obama campaign that has obviously gained traction. Something we need to learn from as we go forward.

. . . "I voted for Ron Paul in the primary. I am proud of that vote. It was a vote for honesty, dignity, smaller government, fiscal prudence, and a vote against mindless governmental meddling. Ron Paul is far and away the best candidate from either party, but it simply is not his day." . . .

Omnis
02-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Yeah, Ron Paul is ahead of his time just like Goldwater was.

Dr. Paul's communications team has been really terrible though. That includes us. We have been communicating in the wrong frame the entire time. Obama's economic plans are a huge fallacy, but he always frames his words and his campaign has framed his message properly. Even Huckabee's done a better job with his message than the campaign has.

IRO-bot
02-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Ron's not the best public speaker either. Not that it should matter. Put Obama is smooth you know.

roguepatriot
02-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Mish's blog is excellent. I read it regularly.

slantedview
02-15-2008, 04:10 PM
I read Mish's blog every day too. A lot of the commenters over there are big RP supporters.

expatinireland
02-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Yeah, Ron Paul is ahead of his time just like Goldwater was.

Dr. Paul's communications team has been really terrible though. That includes us. We have been communicating in the wrong frame the entire time. Obama's economic plans are a huge fallacy, but he always frames his words and his campaign has framed his message properly. Even Huckabee's done a better job with his message than the campaign has.

With a sound bite driven media and an electorate that seems to be more concerned with personality than substance, how you say something is just as important as what you are saying.

jsgolfman
02-16-2008, 07:01 AM
It makes me wonder where we would be now if Larry McDonald were still around.