PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read A Foreign Policy of Freedom. Reviews?

Matt23
02-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Should I buy this? Anyone have reviews.

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 09:13 AM
yes you should buy it... and you can read it in it's entirety BEFORE buying it at Lewrockwell.com

PLEASE BUY IT, however.

coffeewithchess
02-15-2008, 09:36 AM
I think buying it is a must. It allows you to see RP's thoughts and speeches BEFORE we attacked Iraq and on our foreign policy in general, an absolutely brilliant book. That being said, thoughtbombing is correct, you can find it online and read it and most of it is his speeches in the House of Reps, but I found it worth the money.

j0ew00ds
02-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I own it, i've read it. I suggest it to anyone who follows Dr. Paul.
I ended up earmarking (pun?) about 15 chapters for others to read if they wanted a condensed version of the book. Ron's consistency makes for an awesome candidate and somewhat dry reading but you'll plow through it finding morsels of greatness.
Semi-related, i just finished his older book, Freedom Under Siege and LOVED the last chapter. If you can find that online, i suggest that as it directly answers questions this movement has about going forward.

Benaiah
02-15-2008, 09:55 AM
I just started reading it last week. It's good. He puts some sentences in bold to show that he was right and new what he was talking about. It's great. As an example, there is a speech from Feb 2001 where he warns that America is vulnerable to a terrorist attack. He bolds parts of it to draw attention to him being right. Also, it's a compilation of speeches so you can pick it up and read a speech (usually only a few pages long) and then put it down and come back to it later. Also, it allows you to skip around in the book and read different stuff. You don't have to read it in order.

Cleaner44
02-15-2008, 09:56 AM
I own it and have read it. Great stuff. It is amazing how Ron Paul has warned Congress and predicted all of this for years, decades really. You can read him speaking about Kosovo and the lessons are right on, you could substitute Iraq for Kosovo and it is right on target. It is almost as if he has a crystal ball, but really it just makes good sense and that is unusual in politics. I give it a BUY.

liberteebell
02-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I just started reading it last week. It's good. He puts some sentences in bold to show that he was right and new what he was talking about. It's great. As an example, there is a speech from Feb 2001 where he warns that America is vulnerable to a terrorist attack. He bolds parts of it to draw attention to him being right. Also, it's a compilation of speeches so you can pick it up and read a speech (usually only a few pages long) and then put it down and come back to it later. Also, it allows you to skip around in the book and read different stuff. You don't have to read it in order.

I'm about half-way through and it's pretty amazing how he's been saying the same thing for so very long (meanwhile, few were listening!) and how well he points out the insanity of our foreign policy, as well as what it has cost us in blood, treasure and likability around the world. Sometimes, while I'm reading it, I just have to say out loud, "wow, this man is brilliant!". :D

ronpaulfollower999
02-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Pretty good book.

I liked the part where he talks about the draft.

Roxi
02-15-2008, 10:20 AM
i have mike minks copy that i still need to send back to him :D

its AWESOME!!!

you must buy it and then when your done give it away to someone who you know will read it as well, and write pass it on in the front cover, if everyone in the US would just read this book all our problems would be solved :Dq