PDA

View Full Version : "Hacking Democracy" Just saw it for the first time

mcvac
02-15-2008, 08:31 AM
I know I'm behind and this has probably been discussed in this forum mnay times but....I truly found this disturbing to the point of tears..I have a gut feeling that this primary season is completely..well..just wrong...And I simply cannot accept RP's numbers to be so low and McCains numbers so high...Especially when I have yet to meet ONE of his supporters.

I was wondering that if in the process of canvassing for Ron Paul we could also collect signed petitions to ban these machines from our polling places and present them to our election commissions...

Am I reaching or is there more involved in legally having them removed?

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 08:32 AM
I've met a few actually... unfortunately they told me they would vote for RP before voting for McCain in the booth.

IPSecure
02-15-2008, 08:35 AM
'Uncounted the Movie' will completely destroy anyones belief that the American Voting System is valid...

http://www.uncountedthemovie.com/

RonPizzle
02-15-2008, 08:55 AM
One interesting thing about this documentary is that it shows how a recount occurs. An unelected person who works in the elections office selects 2-3% of the vote to be recounted, and if the results of that 2-3% does not match the official result, then all of the ballots are counted, but in the event that the 2-3% matches the official result, the recount is complete. The person that has too much power is the person who works in the elections office.

mcvac
02-15-2008, 08:58 AM
I understand about the screwed up system...but what can we do...as grassroots...to have this systems removed?

Is a signed petition presented to local officials against these machines a viable way of possibly having them removed?

sedele
02-15-2008, 09:28 AM
I understand about the screwed up system...but what can we do...as grassroots...to have this systems removed?

Is a signed petition presented to local officials against these machines a viable way of possibly having them removed?

I think a good old fashioned r[evol]t is the only thing that would work.

Truth Warrior
02-15-2008, 09:40 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/rcareaga/diebold/adworks.htm

IPSecure
02-15-2008, 09:53 AM
It would be much more funny, if it were not so true...

Truth Warrior
02-15-2008, 10:06 AM
It would be much more funny, if it were not so true...

I wasn't really going for funny. More like sarcastic irony. Kinda like the Andrew Jackson pic on the $20 Federal Reserve Note. :)

Thanks!

kathy88
02-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Can you demand a paper ballot at your polling place?

s35wf
02-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah I knew the race between bush and gore was fixed. I NEVER could find anyone voting for bush; but alas in FL (jeb bush country at the time) I knew it smelt. I've never voted in a primary till this year for paul. And YES our Elections are Definitely Rigged. Probably ALL of them :(

Needs to get fixed by having paper ballots counted in open w/transparancy. I hear CO has been successful in getting paper over diebold. But where im at; FL; it'll probably be a cold day in hell OR the ENTIRE Country is Fixed before it will be here.

The rules are different here; but its warm. :cool:

Matt Collins
09-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Looks like I'm going to be a poll watcher for my local GOP this upcoming election.

Should be interesting

LibertyEagle
09-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Looks like I'm going to be a poll watcher for my local GOP this upcoming election.

Should be interesting

Maybe you should watch, "Hacking Democracy". You can watch the polls all day long and you won't see the hacking being done.

Matt Collins
09-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Maybe you should watch, "Hacking Democracy". You can watch the polls all day long and you won't see the hacking being done.I just added it to my Netflix

Matt Collins
04-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Good documentary. Others are Bush's Brain (about Karl Rove) as well as Our Brand Is Crisis.