PDA

View Full Version : Tactics To REALLY make a lasting difference.

rdenner
02-15-2008, 08:11 AM
This is not going to be one of those "I'm taking my baseball bat and leaving" type post, though this will be my last post to these boards. I will be checking in from time to time(which means ONLY ONCE a day instead of feverishly refreshing at work every 2 minutes).

I have been in this movement from the very start, I think I was the 125th person to join these boards the week they started. I can't thank the operators of these boards enough. You have made a real difference to the future of this country and to your fellow citizens.

Its been one hell of a year and I find myself BACK WHERE I STARTED. Before getting onboard the Ron Paul express back in January of 2007, I was a political drop out. It was not born out of apathy, but out of a purpose. The purpose was just to allow the system to finally fail. I understood(and currently understand) what that means. I have children and a wife so the ramifications of this course of action are crystal clear to me. It will mean economic and physical pain to most in this country.

I joined this revolution with ONE GOAL IN MIND, and that was to wake up as many of my fellow countrymen/women as I could in as short a time as I could. This movement suceeded beyond my wildest imagination. My modest goal in January was to help create enough hype and noise to get Ron Paul onto ONE nationally televised debate and to get some prime time interviews on CNN or whatever.. .Well 10 national debate(or more) too many mainstream news interviews to count, PRIME TIME Jay Leno interviews and thousands of local rallies later, I am glad to say IT WAS A SUCCESS!!

During this process you all made me believe in this country again and renewed my faith in man kind. BUT, the forces against us were to well entrenched. I REALLY believed in August through the first primaries in December/January that we might REALLY have a chance and I let my hopes get ahead of me. Well reality is setting in and I'm going back to the tactics I was using before all this started and I am hoping to get a large number of people around me to do it also. Here is the TACTIC THE SYSTEM CAN'T ALLOW YOU TO IMPLEMENT...

It's real easy DO NOTHING!

Now it may seem real easy to DO NOTHING.. But it isn't.. TRUST ME.. I have been attempting to do nothing for over 3 years and I'm still not there. Let me clarify what I mean.

The whole system is dependent upon your willingness to stand and MAN YOUR COG in the system(a COG is a very small gear that when combined with other larger gears turns a motor or makes a system run). Just dropping out of the system is almost impossible unless you're willing to build a Unabomber type shack out in the Montana wilderness. So you must make due WHERE YOU ARE NOW..

Stop taking out loans. Pay off your cars and just FIX THEM if they get old. Pay off debt and make a solemn oath to NEVER USE CREDIT AGAIN! Stop working for big companies even if it means a big loss of your salary. Start your own business and make a solemn oath to not grow it to big. Keep it small and big enough to keep you and your family with a roof over your head.

This is the idea of doing NOTHING. Do not feed the hand that will eventually bash you over the head!! The whole system they have constructed is self reinforcing. There doesn't need to be some super villain sitting on a throne making these decisions. IT JUST HAPPENS ORGANICALLY. People chasing the wrong dream, a dream that was placed there by those who would benefit from a one world order.

Throw off the shackles and get SIMPLE. That is the one thing the system can't fight against. If you fight against the system YOU WILL LOSE! But if you agree to do what the system says AND THEN JUST DON'T DO IT! Smile when they come to tell you to do something... Smile and say YES NO PROBLEM.. And then when they leave, DON'T DO IT!!

If less than 10% of the population started using this tactic the system would implode. JUST WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COG!!

Robert

rdenner
02-15-2008, 08:25 AM
bump...

nayjevin
02-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Stop taking out loans. Pay off your cars and just FIX THEM if they get old. Pay off debt and make a solemn oath to NEVER USE CREDIT AGAIN! Stop working for big companies even if it means a big loss of your salary. Start your own business and make a solemn oath to not grow it to big. Keep it small and big enough to keep you and your family with a roof over your head.

I would add:

buy local
boycott evil empires
start a garden

rdenner
02-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Absolutely.. You get it :)

Take care of the 1 mile around you... That is the whole tactic...Screw what is going on nationally and take care of what you can around you.

Robert

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 08:35 AM
I think I was the 125th person to join these boards the week they started.

No you weren't. Later dude.

[edit]

uh... pretty close to 125 though.

FreeTraveler
02-15-2008, 08:38 AM
+1000

A little over a year ago, I decided I'd had enough. I sold everything and started saving furiously. In May, I resigned from a 100k+ job, and I'll be living on savings and what I can pick up doing canvas work for cash. We bought a fifth-wheel travel trailer, and we're traveling to see as much of America as we can before the goons make travel impossible. When things get too bad, we'll head for an as-yet-undetermined location to hole up. Everything we need travels with us.

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 08:54 AM
This is not going to be one of those "I'm taking my baseball bat and leaving" type post, though this will be my last post to these boards. I will be checking in from time to time(which means ONLY ONCE a day instead of feverishly refreshing at work every 2 minutes).

I have been in this movement from the very start, I think I was the 125th person to join these boards the week they started. I can't thank the operators of these boards enough. You have made a real difference to the future of this country and to your fellow citizens.

Its been one hell of a year and I find myself BACK WHERE I STARTED. Before getting onboard the Ron Paul express back in January of 2007, I was a political drop out. It was not born out of apathy, but out of a purpose. The purpose was just to allow the system to finally fail. I understood(and currently understand) what that means. I have children and a wife so the ramifications of this course of action are crystal clear to me. It will mean economic and physical pain to most in this country.

I joined this revolution with ONE GOAL IN MIND, and that was to wake up as many of my fellow countrymen/women as I could in as short a time as I could. This movement suceeded beyond my wildest imagination. My modest goal in January was to help create enough hype and noise to get Ron Paul onto ONE nationally televised debate and to get some prime time interviews on CNN or whatever.. .Well 10 national debate(or more) too many mainstream news interviews to count, PRIME TIME Jay Leno interviews and thousands of local rallies later, I am glad to say IT WAS A SUCCESS!!

During this process you all made me believe in this country again and renewed my faith in man kind. BUT, the forces against us were to well entrenched. I REALLY believed in August through the first primaries in December/January that we might REALLY have a chance and I let my hopes get ahead of me. Well reality is setting in and I'm going back to the tactics I was using before all this started and I am hoping to get a large number of people around me to do it also. Here is the TACTIC THE SYSTEM CAN'T ALLOW YOU TO IMPLEMENT...

Now it may seem real easy to DO NOTHING.. But it isn't.. TRUST ME.. I have been attempting to do nothing for over 3 years and I'm still not there. Let me clarify what I mean.

The whole system is dependent upon your willingness to stand and MAN YOUR COG in the system(a COG is a very small gear that when combined with other larger gears turns a motor or makes a system run). Just dropping out of the system is almost impossible unless you're willing to build a Unabomber type shack out in the Montana wilderness. So you must make due WHERE YOU ARE NOW..

This is the idea of doing NOTHING. Do not feed the hand that will eventually bash you over the head!! The whole system they have constructed is self reinforcing. There doesn't need to be some super villain sitting on a throne making these decisions. IT JUST HAPPENS ORGANICALLY. People chasing the wrong dream, a dream that was placed there by those who would benefit from a one world order.

Throw off the shackles and get SIMPLE. That is the one thing the system can't fight against. If you fight against the system YOU WILL LOSE! But if you agree to do what the system says AND THEN JUST DON'T DO IT! Smile when they come to tell you to do something... Smile and say YES NO PROBLEM.. And then when they leave, DON'T DO IT!!

If less than 10% of the population started using this tactic the system would implode. JUST WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COG!!

Robert

+1/2

While your sentiment is good there is still a place for rich and successful people in our rEVOLution.

We need allies in high places, we need people who know how to grow businesses, we need entrepenures that can succeed working within the current system.

What we don't need is for those people to sell out their principles in order to achieve success.

The only way to take the power back is to win it for ourselves. If that is not done then those who wish to use it to further their own collectivist ends will always be in charge.

What Ron Paul has done is shown us it is possible to succeed in politics and not sell out to the establishment. If he did as you suggest he would never have run for office in the first place.

We need more Ron Paul's to get elected and to stay involved, so we need to stay involved.

Dropping out of the game is not the same as winning.

edit: if you have not done so please watch this video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958).

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Do not ignore the fact that this dude claimed to be number 125... IN AUGUST...

DeanToPaulIn4Years
02-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Ok, as much as I love Ron Paul, even I wouldn't give up a high paying job to voluntarily downsize because "the machine" sucks.

There are realistic things, and unrealistic things that people can do. That is an unrealistic thing. Not watching the mainstream news outlets is something that can be done very easily. Working to oust EVERY SINGLE BUSH ENABLER in Congress regardless of party is something that can be done.

Discrediting losers like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity can potentially be done, but it's more important to simply not listen to them.

Thx!

wd4freedom
02-15-2008, 09:04 AM

Robert

Great post. Thank you.

Bern
02-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Who is John Galt?

rdenner
02-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Just to sum up a few things that have been said..

I joined evidently DAILYPAUL as number 125 and not here. So sorry for the misunderstanding. I sent my first check to the Ron Paul PEC(presidencial exploratory commitee) when most on this board were really saying "who is ron paul". So please spare me the "he's a troll" crap.

On to the critiques of my idea. THE SYSTEM IS CRASHING ANYWAYS and there is absolutely nothing you I or Ron Paul can now do about it. IF Ron Paul had been elected we might have had a chance to turn things around quick enough.

I had written a piece about two weeks ago about getting involved at the local level of your GOP/Democratic parties. This is at the HEART of my proposal. As the financial emergency worsens there will be a push by the Federal Government to enact draconian measures to keep order and keep the Beast fed. It will come at the expense of local and state control.

I can't imagine that the financial system will hold together for much longer(maybe 18 months at best) and when the final collapse comes it will be devastating. Start preparing NOW. Make your life simpler and start building things at a local level.

I am trying to start a computer repair business so that I can leave my corporate job. I am trying to get rid of the last of my debt. I am trying to simplify my life. My wife and I drive around in older cars, one of which is fully paid off and the other has about 1000 dollars to go.

By participating in the SALVATION of the system, you just enable it to continue to dominate you and the world.

And YES it is a modified "who is John Galt".. Except for Rand wanted the big capitalists and companies to drop out. I am saying IT IS THOSE HUGE CORPORATIONS in conjunction with an evil govenment(and Labor unions and Health care) that are slowly lowering their boot upon our throats.

Our only defense now, IS TO STOP FEEDING IT. That is the only tactic that the system cannot cope with. When the time comes where they start telling you what to do at the most local of levels. SMILE and say YES!! Of course I'll do that!! And then DON'T!!

There is no defense they can employ egainst this tactic. STOP PLAYING THE GAME.. It's a game they created to enslave us all. Go back to self employment and REAL MARKETS and REAL TRADE...Create your perfect world in your back yard. The rest will take care of itself.

Robert

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2008, 02:56 AM
re: cogs: Be a wooden shoe!

-n

PauliticsPolitics
02-16-2008, 03:04 AM
good read...
but i'm still working on this win.... (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119814)

and buying local
got rid of my car circa 2004 (don't need it chicago!)
self employed
don't have a TV
etc.

so i generally agree, but i'm in for the long haul here for RP all of our other peeps we aqree electing elsewhere. i am also exploring a run myself.

It's a two prong attack. change the system from the outside and change it from the inside.

LibertyEagle
02-16-2008, 05:13 AM
bump

Rhys
02-16-2008, 07:44 AM
I use credit so little, I feel in debt right now at about 3k. That doesn't mean I'm going to expect the world to get better or worse without me.

If it gets worse, it will be in spite of me. I know that much.

WRellim
02-16-2008, 08:11 AM

Robert

Around 10% of the population has already done this years ago. An additional 10% of the population are illegal immigrants who live in a cash-only economy.

All you achieve by doing so is removing yourself from the equation.

It's a good way to lead a quiet, peaceful life. But it does absolutely nothing to the system (and it certainly won't "implode" it).

And the reason is very simple, for everything you "walk away from" there is always some other fool to fill the gap (however poorly).

The system WILL eventually implode (but more because it has reached the breaking point than by any actions of a small group of people). The problem then will be who is in the positions to take charge when it does. History shows it is very unlikely to be freedom minded people.

FreeTraveler
02-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Ok, as much as I love Ron Paul, even I wouldn't give up a high paying job to voluntarily downsize because "the machine" sucks.

I didn't drop out because of Ron Paul, I dropped out after 40 years of having someone else control my destiny and define how my time was spent. Yes, it was a high-paying job, but a gilded cage is still a cage.

Why should I work 250 days a year and get paid for 125? That's essentially what is happening, and our masters get the other day's labor to give away to people who don't want to work, or who make bombs to kill Iraqis with.

I got tired of being a half-slave. My decision was made months before Dr. Paul entered the race.

I am much richer now, when I can decide how to spend my time, than I was making $100k+. I have time to spend now, and that's the one thing you can never get more of.

And the reason is very simple, for everything you "walk away from" there is always some other fool to fill the gap (however poorly).

The guy who took my job isn't capable of doing it successfully, but he was chosen by the company prez, not by me. Between his decisions and what's going on in the economy, I expect another 800 people to be out of work in a year or so. Had I stayed, that would probably have been different.

So, from that perspective, I guess my decision to reclaim my life may lead to disaster for a few hundred families, but my first loyalty is to myself.

I saw the prez a month ago, and he said he wished he could chuck it all, but he had all these people depending on him. I told him to look to his happiness, not the looters. I think he may follow me out the door before long.

Xenophage
02-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Who is John Galt?

TruthAtLast
02-16-2008, 02:11 PM
The problem then will be who is in the positions to take charge when it does. History shows it is very unlikely to be freedom minded people.

This is exactly right.

I do believe that people need to cover their own basis. My father has a 300 acre ranch in Montana and luckily has accumulated enough wealth with no debt to make sure we could survive, however, when the system does finally collapse there will be only a few courses of action.

1) an organized group will be in a position to seize this power and bring this country back from the dead

2) the group currently in power uses FORCE to maintain control of it and takes the last remaining liberty and freedom we have left. At this time we will either fight or retreat to that ranch in Montana. Part of me sees amazing conviction in the people here and across the country. But the other part of me wonders what people would do if they were holding a gun to your child's head.

But how many is enough?

If 200 people resisted, it would be dismissed unless the fight is on a very local level.

But on a national scale, even 20,000 people would be passed off. But what about 20 million or 100 million? How do you organize that many people? Who wants to go first? Eventually the first domino will fall and everything will depend on how many fall thereafter.

WRellim
02-20-2008, 01:56 AM
This is exactly right.

I do believe that people need to cover their own basis. My father has a 300 acre ranch in Montana and luckily has accumulated enough wealth with no debt to make sure we could survive, however, when the system does finally collapse there will be only a few courses of action.

1) an organized group will be in a position to seize this power and bring this country back from the dead

2) the group currently in power uses FORCE to maintain control of it and takes the last remaining liberty and freedom we have left. At this time we will either fight or retreat to that ranch in Montana. Part of me sees amazing conviction in the people here and across the country. But the other part of me wonders what people would do if they were holding a gun to your child's head.

But how many is enough?

If 200 people resisted, it would be dismissed unless the fight is on a very local level.

But on a national scale, even 20,000 people would be passed off. But what about 20 million or 100 million? How do you organize that many people? Who wants to go first? Eventually the first domino will fall and everything will depend on how many fall thereafter.

No regime lasts forever.

And it is amazing how much trouble even a small number of people can cause, especially if they are motivated to keep it up, to keep it random, and they are scattered amongst the population at large.

And formal organization really isn't necessary. Just flow -- however "slowly" and however clandestinely -- of information and news of what works. Often just the knowledge of the results is enough... smart people can replicate the steps needed to create something similar, even w/o a detailed manual.

(BTW, if you want a "cool" read -- go dig up some Vernor Vinge, his old "The Peace War" is interesting. And a lot of old Jerry Pournelle and well, lots of others... insurgents and free markets win every time, all the time but it's a process of wearing down a regime, more like putting sand in gearboxes than blowing up the truck.)

As to the "holding the gun to your child's head" -- well that's one of the reasons that married family men tend to be in the minority in such things, and the single men, young men, and "unattached" people tend to be more in the forefront... And heaven help them if they pull the trigger on that child's head, because after that... well the Dad no longer has much to lose, and a LOT to revenge).

Lord Xar
02-20-2008, 02:06 AM

Robert

You make some sense. I have done as you suggested. Paid off cards, car and now I am beholden to nothing in a financial sense.

BUT - it seems alot of of people are doing this and to beat us, the 'establishment' have already planned ahead.

How? ~20+million new amnesty beneficiaries and their family unifications. The coming idea of the NAU.

So while many of us are getting smarter and older, we are being replaced by younger and a more ignorant population. I say ignorant not out of a callous nature. But there is a general sense of a lack of history of this country, the struggle, the constitution and only to abide by a single obedience to the government. When one leaves a shithole with no upward mobility to a land where money is a' plenty, or the gov. will take care of you, the will for the truth or change will not exist.

michaelwise
02-20-2008, 02:17 AM
I systematically talk as sabbatical every few years. I save up enough money to live on for a year or two, then I up and quit my job. I don't work, I spend very little money on day to day expenses and I get by just fine. This year I will get back almost every penny I gave to Uncle Sam last year because I had no income since last March. Currently I contribute nothing to society, and it feels good. Limiting how much you feed the machine is the best way to live.

humanic
02-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Many thanks to the OP (rdenner) for this great thread.

I would add:

buy local
boycott evil empires
start a garden

+1

Also: BANK LOCAL (http://www.solari.com/banks/)!

edit: if you have not done so please watch this video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958&q=idea+whose+time+has+come&total=269&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0).

YES, PLEASE.

The Proservative
02-20-2008, 02:34 AM
Your "cog theory" is an interesting one, but there is a counterpoint you may have overlooked..."they" don't need you/us anymore. As I see it, the middle class has enjoyed many years as the prime marketing group in our country, and have been catered to fairly well over the years...up until maybe 10-15 years ago. With the rise of Globalization, the main target of US companies is NOT middle class American anymore, it is emerging markets.
Take for example the situation in Los Angeles, with Mexican migrant families/workers. I can't begin to tell you how many fellow, middle class people I meet that are completely spoiled by our American luxury, buy on credit, etc and refuse to work certain jobs they consider "menial". They complain about everything, traffic, cost of living, poor service, and want to be waiting on hand and foot. This is a result from actually BEING waiting on hand and foot for many years by US corporations and their marketing engines.

With Globalization and 3rd world markets, consumers are being ripened into full fledged consumers, new and unjaded, ready to consume the next batch of conveyor belt goods, willing to spend whatever it takes to take part in our American dream, the American brand. When the US companies have this type of zeal and enthusiasm, willing to pay at any price type of new consumer, where does that leave you and I, the middle-class consumer?

The middle class consumer, spoiled by our own consumerism, has now been relegated to the proverbial "red-headed step child", and is pretty much being trampled over, overlooked in favor of the new, no complaints, pay-anything 3rd world consumer looking to get any piece of that American dream...even if they have to work three months to buy those jeans you have on now.

Remove ourselves as cogs? We've already been replaced, honeymoon is over, middle-class wasteland.

The only hope for us now, as I see it, it to band together and form that self-sufficient unit you mentioned, local communities banding together, shouldering the brunt together, providing for each other, local produce, local goods, home school, less federal government...

Hey, isn't that what Ron Paul is all about...the TRUE hope for America.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-20-2008, 03:23 AM
nt