PDA

View Full Version : Why is McCain's ineligibility not playing a greater role in the Grassroots?

agaiziunas
02-15-2008, 03:51 AM
I posted originally in the "Other Candidates" forum, but I don't see why we can't use McCain's ineligibility for president as a weapon in our grassroots efforts.

Before you even THINK of posting a response like "This issue is old, beaten to death, he is eligible" TAKE 30 SECONDS AND READ THE FOLLOWING LINK, new information has come up.

"McCain says: 'Alcohol = Prison' despite 18th amendment (Prohibition) repealed in 1933"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=120810

As much as it may SEEM like a shameless promotion of a self-started thread, I really don't give a shit. I want the point to get across, the message to spread. I really don't think the "Other Candidates" sub-forum gets as much attention these days, and I really think these facts should be part of our grassroots efforts.

nodope0695
02-15-2008, 04:33 AM
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/images/sheeple.jpg
"The Mac is Back! The Mac is Back! The Mac is Back!!"

Steveco
02-15-2008, 04:59 AM
"McCain's ineligibility for president"
McCains eligibility should not be questioned being that his father was a Admiral in the navy at the time, and he was born on US territory.

This would be a huge slap in the face to everyone in our military, pursuing this issues will not gain us anything.

It may require a slight change to the constitution but one worth making, we just need to be careful how it is done.

Fields
02-15-2008, 05:03 AM
I posted originally in the "Other Candidates" forum, but I don't see why we can't use McCain's ineligibility for president as a weapon in our grassroots efforts.

Before you even THINK of posting a response like "This issue is old, beaten to death, he is eligible" TAKE 30 SECONDS AND READ THE FOLLOWING LINK, new information has come up.

"McCain says: 'Alcohol = Prison' despite 18th amendment (Prohibition) repealed in 1933"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=120810

As much as it may SEEM like a shameless promotion of a self-started thread, I really don't give a shit. I want the point to get across, the message to spread. I really don't think the "Other Candidates" sub-forum gets as much attention these days, and I really think these facts should be part of our grassroots efforts.

You gotta wait a few hours. Not many people online.

a2planet2
02-15-2008, 05:04 AM
Because jus sanguinis applies, and McCain is legally a natural-born citizen.

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 05:19 AM
I'd rather beat him with a stick, not a technicality.

Xenophage
02-15-2008, 06:38 AM
I would hope its not playing a role at all. Its completely unnecessary and distracting.

McCain's weak spot is not his eligibility, regardless of however much merit your argument has. His weak spot is a philosophical one. Attack him on his irrational politics - that's all.

Its not your fault if voters choose slavery over freedom, as long as you've made them aware that's what they are doing.

hopeforamerica
02-15-2008, 09:35 AM
I'd rather beat him with a stick, not a technicality.

Best one of the morning! :D

Alawn
02-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Because he IS eligible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody other than a couple people here who do not understand the rules thinks that he isn't.
Stop it now. There are two ways to be born a US citizen. Birth on US soil or or by having US parents no matter where you were born.

Nobody takes your argument seriously. No judge or politician (including Ron Paul) in the country takes it seriously. His opponents would have said something by now if they could have. He just plain is eligible because his parents were US citizens. This is a fact and very well established. There is no disputing it. I know you don't want him to win but you are still wrong about this.

ehynick
02-15-2008, 10:31 AM
There are two ways to be born a US citizen. Birth on US soil or or by having US parents no matter where you were born.

I think its the birth on US soil that should be done away with, and I believe Ron Paul supports that. Now if we agree with Ron Paul and also don't think McCain is eligible, then NOBODY should be a US citizen!:D

acmegeek
02-15-2008, 10:33 AM
seriously... I wasn't born on U.S. soil, yet my mother is a U.S. citizen, hence the reason I have the official documents to show that I am a U.S. citizen from birth, hence a natural born citizen. The soil issue just isn't if just one parent is a citizen.

Please, there are many many other things we can focus on about McCain... this just isn't one of them.

qh4dotcom
02-15-2008, 10:53 AM
"McCain's ineligibility for president"
McCains eligibility should not be questioned being that his father was a Admiral in the navy at the time, and he was born on US territory.

He wasn't born on US territory. The Panama Canal Zone where he was born was a LEASE...the US government had to make lease payments to the Panamanian government every year and when the lease ended in 1999, the US had to move out, like the end of any lease.

So the question really is...are American citizens born on foreign leased territories considered natural-born citizens?

leipo
02-15-2008, 10:56 AM
So what happens if McCain dies before or after he gets the nomination? Can he be replaced by his campaign?

leonster
02-15-2008, 11:21 AM
He wasn't born on US territory. The Panama Canal Zone where he was born was a LEASE...the US government had to make lease payments to the Panamanian government every year and when the lease ended in 1999, the US had to move out, like the end of any lease.

So the question really is...are American citizens born on foreign leased territories considered natural-born citizens?

I know a lot about this b/c I'll be marrying a non-US citizen later this year.

There are only two kinds of citizens.

Natural-born (citizens by birth--either b/c you were born on American soil, or b/c your parent(s) are American, or both--most countries' citizenship is not tied to soil at all by the way, and it only follows the parents)

Naturalized (citizen somewhere else by birth, later made a CHOICE to become an American citizen)

McCain didn't make a choice to become American. He was always American. Think about it... was he Panamanian as a baby? No, he was American.

This one isn't an issue... but luckily, he does have tons of other issues to hit him on. :P

acmegeek
02-15-2008, 11:45 AM
THREAD/ISSUE ENDER: CHILDREN BORN TO U.S. CITIZENS ARE AT BIRTH NATURAL BORN CITIZENS REGARDLESS OF THE SOIL UNDER THEIR FEET!

So... many... other... issues... to... focus... on... seriously.