PDA

View Full Version : The March Needs A Mission Objective

Razmear
02-15-2008, 02:35 AM
I don't think a bunch of us marching and listening to music and speakers is going to spark a revolution in this country.
This march needs a clear mission objective that meets the goals of the Ron Paul Revolution.
If the rally is on a Saturday, then many of us should show up on Friday when the Government offices are open and use our Right to Petition Our Grievances to the appropriate Government Servants of the People.
I'm not talking about anything disruptive, but if we all dropped by our Congressman's office and took a few minutes of their time or dropped off a list of concerns we might make some headway. Also setting up picket lines at certain agencies might be appropriate.
I'm not sure what the mission objective should be, and I'm probably not the best one to choose it, but we need to see this march on Washington as more than just a get together where we can hang out and listen to cool music.
If we are going to gather together en masse, then we need to accomplish more than just having a great weekend.

my 23 cents.

eb

Steveco
02-15-2008, 02:38 AM
This march Idea makes me nervous "I'm just a guy in a shark suit"

LandonCook
02-15-2008, 02:38 AM
Save the whales! =)

idiom
02-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Could announce a Thrid Party Run in front of the massive crowd.

Or push to get the bits of legislation he has in play passed.

ButchHowdy
02-15-2008, 06:26 AM
Anti Mc100 rally

WE are letting our donating soldiers down every day that goes by

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 06:27 AM
against the illegal DC GUN BAN!!!

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 06:47 AM
I like the idea of a Constitution Revolution myself.

We could have petitions in the form of the Constitution and get as many people as possible to sign them.

Then deliver them to, oh I guess the White House, or maybe Congress, and insist that if they don't agree to uphold their oath to it we'll vote them all out of office.

Like they would pay any attention to that anyway.

RageAgainstDC
02-15-2008, 07:09 AM
The revolution won't take place over one afternoon. Dr. Paul has already outlined the rally's purpose. It is to show our numbers to the establishment, to prove our political value. Gaining support from the event could be a nice bonus.

LizF
02-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Call it the "Wake up America March". :p ;)

FreeTraveler
02-15-2008, 07:33 AM
I think that delivering copies of the Constitution to any open offices would be a nice touch. Nothing would need to be said, the message will be clear with thousands of supporters in town. :)