PDA

View Full Version : The March Needs A Mission Objective

Razmear
02-15-2008, 02:34 AM
I don't think a bunch of us marching and listening to music and speakers is going to spark a revolution in this country.
This march needs a clear mission objective that meets the goals of the Ron Paul Revolution.
If the rally is on a Saturday, then many of us should show up on Friday when the Government offices are open and use our Right to Petition Our Grievances to the appropriate Government Servants of the People.
I'm not talking about anything disruptive, but if we all dropped by our Congressman's office and took a few minutes of their time or dropped off a list of concerns we might make some headway. Also setting up picket lines at certain agencies might be appropriate.
I'm not sure what the mission objective should be, and I'm probably not the best one to choose it, but we need to see this march on Washington as more than just a get together where we can hang out and listen to cool music.
If we are going to gather together en masse, then we need to accomplish more than just having a great weekend.

my 23 cents.

eb

thompsonisland
02-15-2008, 02:41 AM
Is there a way that this thread, or one like it, can be stickied so we can talk about this in one place? I am also concerned that we will seem scattered and pointless. Presidents don't get elected this way, so waving a bunch of Ron Paul signs is not the answer. What are people's ideas? What should we carry? What should we say? To the press?

BigRedBrent
02-15-2008, 02:49 AM
I agree with this post. I do think big names coming would be good for awareness, but performing should not be center stage since that would take away from the point.

Razmear
02-15-2008, 01:41 PM
bump

katjust
02-15-2008, 02:07 PM
The objective should be to tell our politicians that we are tired of them breaking the law and ignoring their oath of office. I think it is an absolute slap in the face that politicians (for generations now) have ignored the supreme law of the land. We are there to remind them that a the Constitution gives the rules for how the government must work. You can't just break the rules and expect no one to get a bit upset.

*one more thing
Politicians always talk about how amnesty is bad because it rewards law breaking. Well, what kind of hypocrisy is that? Almost every politician in Washington breaks the law every week by voting for unconstitutional laws, yet they are rewarded and celebrated! Tell them that they are criminals, and that they must stop breaking the law.

burningfur
02-15-2008, 03:11 PM
agree

kathy88
02-15-2008, 03:50 PM
oops

pinkmandy
02-15-2008, 03:51 PM
When we have a date we'll be able to establish a marketable theme for the public. ;) Jmho. I'm still hoping for "Founding" Father's Day.

Razmear
02-16-2008, 12:31 AM
bump

ghengisconrad
02-16-2008, 01:59 AM
We should all petition a grievance. all 5 thousand of us, one by one.

billyjoeallen
02-16-2008, 02:35 AM
This is a peace march, lead by the new leader of the Peace movement, Dr. Ron Paul.
I have already gotten confirmation from greens and leftists that they are planning to participate. The more the merrier I say.

Crickett
02-16-2008, 10:33 AM
The objective should be to tell our politicians that we are tired of them breaking the law and ignoring their oath of office. I think it is an absolute slap in the face that politicians (for generations now) have ignored the supreme law of the land. We are there to remind them that a the Constitution gives the rules for how the government must work. You can't just break the rules and expect no one to get a bit upset.

*one more thing
Politicians always talk about how amnesty is bad because it rewards law breaking. Well, what kind of hypocrisy is that? Almost every politician in Washington breaks the law every week by voting for unconstitutional laws, yet they are rewarded and celebrated! Tell them that they are criminals, and that they must stop breaking the law.

The objective should simply be to support Ron Paul for President. Just that. Other issues may be talked about it necessary, but this is to take away the media plot that there is no support for him.

tommy7154
02-16-2008, 11:32 AM
heh. 3 different messages. Its for the Constitution. No, it's for Peace. No, It's only for RON PAUL...

Having it just for Ron Paul is a bad idea imo and I think even Ron Paul would agree with that. It limits the attendants of the march/rally to people that are already Ron Paul supporters...

For peace is a little better but that just covers one issue, and I think right now there is another issue (our corrupt government) that is just as important.

I think by far the best idea is for it to be about the Constitution and restoring it along with our civil liberties. It blankets everything from the war and how it was never declared, it covers our civil liberties which our corrupt government is taking from us one by one in the name of safety, and it's everything that Ron Paul stands for.

If people know the history of this country and how it came to be in the first place, and why the constitution is so vitally important to us as a country, and what the role of our government is SUPPOSED to be, it will help instill a sense of REAL patriotism in people and they will realize what it is to be a true patriot and why we need Ron Paul in office to make this country great again.

anewvoice
02-16-2008, 11:51 AM
The objective should simply be to support Ron Paul for President. Just that. Other issues may be talked about it necessary, but this is to take away the media plot that there is no support for him.

I disagree completely. This is not a Ron Paul for President march. This is a message sent to the establishment march. This is 100% about liberty, and Ron Paul is currently carrying that message.

damania
02-20-2008, 01:34 AM
This march is about the Constitution and how the 3 branches of government have become treasonous by not adhering to the Constitution:

Unconstitutional War
Unconstitutional Spying
Unconstitutional Patriot Act - No habeus corpus
Unconstitutional Torture
Unconstitutional Federal Reserve
Unconstitutional IRS

DirtMcGirt
02-20-2008, 01:50 AM
How bout a set of rules?... a pledge from all the marchers... when does RP's new book get released to the masses?

wowabunga
02-20-2008, 11:29 AM
When the Statue of Liberty was rededicated there was a three day plus celebration; Reagan and France's President had a banqet/ball and relit the torch. Giant Staduim held a large celebration. On the weekend at Liberty Island they had a huge concert/fireworks with Witney, Johhy Cash, John Denver, Barry Manilow and John Williams. I can proudly say I played my trumpet ( all American Marching Band ) under the direction of the the greatest composer of our time Mr Williams.

National TV was there everywhere and everything went very well. Since we don't have the support of national tv.... many many many red flags go up when I think of our national march and the impact. My 2 cents... Now back to work on our March to the Missouri State Capitol

WilliamC
02-20-2008, 11:34 AM
This march is about the Constitution and how the 3 branches of government have become treasonous by not adhering to the Constitution:

Unconstitutional War
Unconstitutional Spying
Unconstitutional Patriot Act - No habeus corpus
Unconstitutional Torture
Unconstitutional Federal Reserve
Unconstitutional IRS

The more the Rally is focused on the Constitution the more support it will get from people outside of the Ron Paul movement.

That's why I'm hoping for June 21st, the date in 1788 that the Constitution was legally ratified by New Hampshire, the 9th State required to make it legal.

Thus we can transition from the Ron Paul Revolution to the Constitution Revolution.

wowabunga
02-20-2008, 01:19 PM
The more the Rally is focused on the Constitution the more support it will get from people outside of the Ron Paul movement.

Thus we can transition from the Ron Paul Revolution to the Constitution Revolution.

That is right on the money.

Our Missouri event started out as a grand plan to walk the Constitution from one end of the state to the other end, similar to the Olympic Torch Run. After some thinking it looks like a "Constitutional Freedom Walk" to the state capitol from all corners of the the state just seems to work, and will involve all parts of the state no matter how big or small your town is... every voice counts they say.

Now we've been working on our state march since mid January fyi... it's not a matter of are we going to do it... it's now just time to pick a date... and folks summer and watermellons are just 'round that corner thank goodness (12 degrees here in Mizzu today arrrrgggg )

Kevlar
02-20-2008, 02:02 PM
The "march objective" is to march.