PDA

View Full Version : Hispanics for Ron Paul

OURPLAN
08-13-2007, 05:17 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=210848352

The blogs have some good video.

Peace,
Lp

Bradley in DC
08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Excellent. You do know that Dr. Paul delivered Selena, right?

Mr. White
08-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Ya know.... I can't tell whether youre serious. Thatd be awesome if he did though.

By the way, I'd like to get this guy some traffic and support. The broader Rons demographic, the better.

DjLoTi
08-13-2007, 05:48 PM
No, he really did deliver Selena.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Has anyone talked to the "you don't speak for me", folks?

http://dontspeakforme.org/

Man from La Mancha
08-13-2007, 05:55 PM
I just invited myspace "id 210 848352" to join our forum. He might get some ides here.

0zzy
08-13-2007, 06:06 PM
HE DELIVERED SELNA? You know how many votes he could get by just stating that alone! OMFG!

DjLoTi
08-13-2007, 06:08 PM
This 'Hispanics for Ron Paul' myspace member is a really good supporter. He's always posting good things for bulletins. I have him added on the 'RonPaulradio' myspace.

Hispanics4RonPaul
08-13-2007, 10:30 PM
You see, this is exactly why this movement is so great. We have good people, who believe in the cause of Liberty and love their country, and we know exactly how to take advantage of the best technological medium of the century thus far.

At this rate, our waves will become a flood of biblical purportions by the time the primaries come around. Keep up the good work, my brethren.

If anyone's going to be in NH in September let me know, I'll likely head up that way myself with the family.

~Thanks.

Man from La Mancha
08-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Welcome aboard, just cruise the boards there is a wide range of things to look at.

OURPLAN
08-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah! Welcome, Welcome!!!!!!:) :D

njjack
08-14-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm hispanic, not sure I'm totally convinced about all RP's stances on the issues.

My biggest problem being the birth right citizenship, personally I'm just not sure that a different perspective on the 14th amendment in dealing with a social problem is really the answer. Personally if it was up to me I would say if a couple if found out they and the child should be sent back to country of origin but the child should be able to retain citizenship.

Anyway RP's stance on most of the other issues is enough to convince me he's the guy for the job and the only candidate I can trust and support. :)

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm hispanic, not sure I'm totally convinced about all RP's stances on the issues.

My biggest problem being the birth right citizenship, personally I'm just not sure that a different perspective on the 14th amendment in dealing with a social problem is really the answer. Personally if it was up to me I would say if a couple if found out they and the child should be sent back to country of origin but the child should be able to retain citizenship.

Anyway RP's stance on most of the other issues is enough to convince me he's the guy for the job and the only candidate I can trust and support. :)

Not to put words in RP's mouth, but to address your concern. I'm pretty sure he's not for taking away the citizenship of those born here to whom its been granted. He just wants to stop future children from getting citizzenship simply because they will be born here.

McDermit
08-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Not to put words in RP's mouth, but to address your concern. I'm pretty sure he's not for taking away the citizenship of those born here to whom its been granted. He just wants to stop future children from getting citizzenship simply because they will be born here.

The goal is to take away incentives for illegal border crossings.. basically, the children of legal immigrants/citizens will still have birthright citizenship. But there will no longer be an incentive for those who cross the border just to "drop babies" on US soil.

I'm Hispanic as well, and fully support RP's stances on immigration and birthright citizenship. I'm glad this was posted here, since I've been trying to get something set up in Spanish for a while now. Only problem was that while I speak fluently, I never learned to write properly in Spanish.

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 09:53 PM
The goal is to take away incentives for illegal border crossings.. basically, the children of legal immigrants/citizens will still have birthright citizenship. But there will no longer be an incentive for those who cross the border just to "drop babies" on US soil.

Thanks, that helped clarify it.

njjack
08-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I understand the incentives that are trying to be curtailed by this approach, however I think it would be just as effective if illegals knew that things weren't going to be the way its been. Instead of being able to have a child here and the child getting birth right citizenship, thus giving special privileges to the parents (ability to stay in this country as a legal resident). The policy changes in which the current interpretation of the 14th amendment stands and the child becomes a citizen however that does not give the illegals the special privileges they have in the past been given.

The incentive of becoming a legal resident through birth right citizenship is removed at the same time the 14th amendment stands. Personally I'm just not sure about punishing a person that is born in this country through no fault of their own. Yes the child’s parents committed a crime by crossing illegally, should the child be punished for the sins of the fathers? I think there is an alternative solution.

I'm still not completely convinced one way or another and to be honest I would really like to hear Ron Paul discuss this more. In the end I may agree with the no birth right citizenship for children of illegals but at this point the logic and its relationship to the 14th amendment hasn't really been addressed at length in any videos I've seen. I would like to know more. I'm sure many citizens that are of Hispanic descent would like to know more as well.

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 10:20 PM
I worked for the State of Missouri for 11 months. I determined eligibility for things like Food stamps, TANIF, and Medicaid. I assure you birthright citizenship needs to be ended. The illegals don't get benefits DIRECTLY, they get them INDIRECTLY:

Illegal immigrants who are pregnant are eligible for 'emergency medicaid' because the child will presumably be a citizen. This covers all bills related to the birth of the child. The child is now a citizen entitling the ENTIRE family to a percentage of that childs 'benefits'.

EX. Illegal immigrant families with citizen children get a better crack at Food Stamps. A child citizen means the gross income of the parents is pro-rated to the number of citizens within it. This means that a 2 parent 2 child family, all legal, making 2200 gross per month is REJECTED. A 2 parent 2 child family with only the children being legal pro-rates down to 1100 gross per month and they are ACCEPTED.

If anyone would like more info on how illegals are motivated to abuse our systems based on my firsthand experiences just let me know.

robatsu
08-14-2007, 10:30 PM
The incentive of becoming a legal resident through birth right citizenship is removed at the same time the 14th amendment stands. Personally I'm just not sure about punishing a person that is born in this country through no fault of their own. Yes the child’s parents committed a crime by crossing illegally, should the child be punished for the sins of the fathers? I think there is an alternative solution.

Well, the other way of looking at it is, should a child be rewarded due to the crime of their parents (entering country illegally). Nobody has a universal right to US citizenship, so nothing is being taken away from the child by not awarding him something he never would have possessed had his parent(s) not broken the law.

Most countries that have had birthright citizenship have been doing away with this. It just isn't a model that works in a world with high mobility and welfare states. Even assuming that it is a correct interpretation of the amendment (which I don't believe) it would be time to repeal it and replace it with something more suited to our era.

njjack
08-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I worked for the State of Missouri for 11 months. I determined eligibility for things like Food stamps, TANIF, and Medicaid. I assure you birthright citizenship needs to be ended. The illegals don't get benefits DIRECTLY, they get them INDIRECTLY:

Illegal immigrants who are pregnant are eligible for 'emergency medicaid' because the child will presumably be a citizen. This covers all bills related to the birth of the child. The child is now a citizen entitling the ENTIRE family to a percentage of that childs 'benefits'.

EX. Illegal immigrant families with citizen children get a better crack at Food Stamps. A child citizen means the gross income of the parents is pro-rated to the number of citizens within it. This means that a 2 parent 2 child family, all legal, making 2200 gross per month is REJECTED. A 2 parent 2 child family with only the children being legal pro-rates down to 1100 gross per month and they are ACCEPTED.

I agree those things need to stop. Some of the things you mention I would say would be covered by other stance on issues like ending the welfare state. Citizenship should not automatically qualify you for being able to obtain property, it guarantees life, liberty and the pursuit. The medical care is an interesting issue and one I haven't considered yet so I'll think about that one some more, It may also fall under Ron Paul stances on the issues currently with the Medical Insurance problems in this country.

Basically I think to sum up my concern is that there seems to be enough laws on the books (that are not being acted on - illegal immigration), combined with the ending of the welfare state, and a change in policy about the eligibility of a family benefiting just because a child is a citizen, should cover the problem, in fact the illegals and the child should be deported immediately. Still don't understand why the child cannot retain citizenship following the 14th amendment, anytime we change an amendment we should consider it completely.

Abolishing the income tax and its relation to the 16th, I'm all aboard, just not completely sure about repealing the 14th and when it comes to amendments of the constitution, I've learned one thing. The constitution is the life blood of our liberty and something that should be followed, if it's challenged it needs to be done with sound logic and great thought. That's what I'm looking for Ron Paul to speak to.

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I

Basically I think to sum up my concern is that there seems to be enough laws on the books (that are not being acted on - illegal immigration), combined with the ending of the welfare state, and a change in policy about the eligibility of a family benefiting just because a child is a citizen, should cover the problem, in fact the illegals and the child should be deported immediately. Still don't understand why the child cannot retain citizenship following the 14th amendment, anytime we change an amendment we should consider it completely.

Citzenship is one of the core requirments for many types of public assistance. Altering the 14th amendment so that all children born after a certain date do not get automatic citzenship is the quickest fix to the problem. And that's taking into account how hard it is to amend the Constiution.

njjack
08-14-2007, 10:53 PM
I would have to disagree, I think ending public assistance would be faster and would actually knock two birds with one stone.

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Public welfare is heavily funded by states as well. Trust me, ending birthright citizenship will end it's abuse by illegals quicker.

njjack
08-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Public welfare is heavily funded by states as well. Trust me, ending birthright citizenship will end it's abuse by illegals quicker.

I should be more clear, I think it shouldn't even get to that point to begin with, they should be deported immediately, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Agreed, but realistically moving from the society we have today to what we're going for, removing birthright citizenship is the first step.

njjack
08-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Well like I said, I'm still open to supporting the idea of no birthright citizenship, I just have some questions. It's just one of a very few number of issues I may have some disagreement on. I bet there are others that have an issue or two here or there they are not completely convinced on yet. That should in no way detract from the support for him by his volunteers and it won't detract from my support. I'll continue to work hard and be a strong advocate for his campaign and the overall message of liberty. I'll wait to hear more from the good Doctor ;)

mannycp
08-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Hispanics For Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!