PDA

View Full Version : Will talk of reinstating draft help RP

MsDoodahs
08-13-2007, 05:05 PM
I heard a discussion of this on Tucker's show tonight (Pat B guest hosted).

It seems the new "war czar" has said it's time to consider it.

The Pentagon says no, they aren't ready to do that.

I believe this is a "trial balloon" to see how much resistance to the idea there is among the people.

So, is there some way to use this to RPs advantage?

Wouldn't this be a huge hot topic for college campuses (and moms with kids of draft age)?

robatsu
08-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Reinstating a draft would end the Iraq war in a New York minute. The neoconized middle class would arise in a tsunami of opposition to their offhanded support of the War on Terror, just like they would against the War on Drugs if their kids were getting thrown in hardtime jail for smoking pot (decriminalization/light penalties for pot users is essentially a "deferment" from the War on Drugs).

Any opportunity to remind people that the State has this endless hunger for war and bodies and it may end up sucking up their kids is probably a good one.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 05:27 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292949,00.html

Bush adviser: Military draft worth considering
Lute says Bush has made clear he doesn’t think draft is necessary
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20219330/

Kregener
08-13-2007, 05:31 PM
A draft is good for NO PERSON.

But yes, it cannot but help Ron Paul, who has made it abundantly clear that conscription is slavery to the state.

quickmike
08-13-2007, 05:41 PM
You know what would be a good idea? Have a national vote by residence and reinstate the draft for all the addresses that voted to stay in Iraq only.

Then we would see who the armchair warriors that like to talk tough are. The hypocrites would be like "well, uh, I dont REALLY support the war that much"

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Then we would see who the armchair warriors that like to talk tough are. The hypocrites would be like "well, uh, I dont REALLY support the war that much"

No kidding. Can we start with Mitt's sons?

quickmike
08-13-2007, 05:48 PM
No kidding. Can we start with Mitt's sons?

Sure................ they can go look for mines:D

Richie
08-13-2007, 06:01 PM
I say we draft Hannity.

quickmike
08-13-2007, 06:05 PM
I say we draft Hannity.

Hannity's ass should already be there, along with Lee Greenwood of "god bless the USA" fame. AND ILL GLADLY STAND UP!!!! NEXT TO YOU AND DEFEND HER STILL TODAY!!!!!!.............................. well, heres your third chance asshole, grab a gun and get on the plane with hannnity........ go go go, planes gettin ready to leave.

Theres nothing about this war that has anything to do with defending our country. absolutely nothing.

JBKing
08-13-2007, 06:06 PM
I could not imagine a draft being reinstated.

I guess that selective service system wasn't just a huge waste of our money.

So you thought a tax on our personal labor was slavery. We are just seeing the tip of the police state iceberg.

njandrewg
08-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I made a poll on another forum-164 votes:

30% would go to Iraq, Iran, Syria, Pakistan like sheep to the slaughter
7% would become conscientous objectors(knowing that it would lead to prison)
32% would run to Mexico/Canada
6% would hide in their parent's basement
7% would put on a dresser, and try to pass themselves off as female
17% would march in anti-war rallies

quickmike
08-13-2007, 06:11 PM

I dont fit anywhere in that poll. I would be the .6 percent that shot any SOB in the forehead with a Glock 40 that came to my home to try and force me to fight for the neocons pointless war. Either way, dead or alive, I wouldnt be in Iraq. Make no mistake about it.:mad:

Ill fight tooth and nail for my country if its under direct attack, but I will not fight for someones personal gains.

angelatc
08-13-2007, 06:33 PM
I'll bet 3/4 of the Ron Paul Forum members would get drafted.

It's a non-issue. The Democrats will slam the Republicans for even thinking about it, then as soon as they win the election they will do it. That's how it always works. Probably part of the deal that they arranged when they agreed to let Hillary be the next President.

MsDoodahs
08-13-2007, 06:45 PM
You know what would be a good idea? Have a national vote by residence and reinstate the draft for all the addresses that voted to stay in Iraq only.

I've found that the women I chat with online who are all loud and vocal for equality on every issue become suddenly and strangely quiet when I bring up the draft.

They aren't amrchair warriors for the war, but most assuredly armchair feminists.

Which IMO is even worse.

eta: No offense meant to any women present who happen to be feminists. Just be consistent.

klamath
08-13-2007, 06:48 PM
When I hear "I support the troops and we should keep fighting" I really have to ask if they have served or have their children served? If not why not get their butt on the line and volunteer so that the GI's that have deployed 3,4 and 5 times can get a break from the Russian roulette. Some of those GI's have already served their enlistments but get caught with a little thing called "Stop Loss"

MsDoodahs
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I'll bet 3/4 of the Ron Paul Forum members would get drafted.

It's a non-issue. The Democrats will slam the Republicans for even thinking about it, then as soon as they win the election they will do it. That's how it always works. Probably part of the deal that they arranged when they agreed to let Hillary be the next President.

Ugh, I have a feeling you are right.

MsDoodahs
08-13-2007, 06:50 PM
What age range is draftable?

Do they go outside the age range for specific skills and if so, how far outside the age range?

Anyone know?

quickmike
08-13-2007, 06:51 PM
I've found that the women I chat with online who are all loud and vocal for equality on every issue become suddenly and strangely quiet when I bring up the draft.

They aren't amrchair warriors for the war, but most assuredly armchair feminists.

Which IMO is even worse.

eta: No offense meant to any women present who happen to be feminists. Just be consistent.

Yeah, there are all shapes and colors of hypocrites in this country nowadays. Thats our problem, nobody puts their money where thier mouth is.

klamath
08-13-2007, 06:59 PM
What age range is draftable?

Do they go outside the age range for specific skills and if so, how far outside the age range?

Anyone know?

Unfortunately whatever Congress wants to set it at. What I like even less is the idea that we should all be required to serve our government even if it is for social work around the country.

Wyurm
08-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Unfortunately whatever Congress wants to set it at. What I like even less is the idea that we should all be required to serve our government even if it is for social work around the country.

I.E. blatant slavery.

MsDoodahs
08-13-2007, 07:08 PM
I.E. blatant slavery.

Indeed.

robatsu
08-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Posing as a woman isn't going to work this time. If a draft comes back, it will include women.

quickmike
08-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Seriously, I would kill anyone who tried to force me into government servitude. Its my constitutional right to do so, and I would suggest anyone with the gumption to resist something like that to do the same. After a few dozen beaurocrats had a few bullets whiz by their heads, they would reconsider. Weve pretty much lost our "give me liberty or give me death" attitude in this country. Seems we value our lives more than our freedom. How sad.

I dont think they will reinstate the draft though. It would be political suicide. No worries.:)

MsDoodahs
08-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I agree - I fully believe it will include women.

MsDoodahs
08-13-2007, 07:13 PM
After a few dozen beaurocrats had a few bullets whiz by their heads,

Surely we're better shots than THAT? lol...kidding...KIDDING! :eek: :D

quickmike
08-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Surely we're better shots than THAT? lol...kidding...KIDDING! :eek: :D

Well, first few would be warning shots. Its only fair.:p

jj111
08-13-2007, 07:16 PM
If there is another big terror attack like 9/11, but much worse, they can always try to scare the public into accepting martial law and an "emergency" draft. There is no limit to how a population can get nutted up by propaganda. Look at Nazi Germany.

drednot
08-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Draft talk is great for Ron Paul. He will turn that issue into a ten ton hammer.

It would make a great question submission for the upcoming Youtube debate. (Hint hint).

The other candidates will all say "I don't think it's necessary at this time", but Ron will say something along the lines of "It will never be necessary, it has never been necessary, it's counterproductive to national defense, no nation that has to conscript its citizens to get them to defend it is worth saving."

Btw, for those who think the draft will end the Iraq War, think again. The only thing that's slowing down the neocons now is they are running out of volunteers. Kids of big shots will all get deferments for serving the nation in alternative ways, like touring Iowa in RVs for their Dad.

RP08
08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Draft? Nah. Blackwater and other private military contractors? *ding, ding, ding*

MadEmperor
08-13-2007, 07:32 PM

OT... http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif

Oh yeah, I think I was the only person to mention that:
Involuntary Servitude is Unconstitutional

V-rod
08-13-2007, 09:11 PM
They say there would be no college deferments with the next draft. I do not believe this for a second. The sons and daughters of the elitist neoconservatives in government would not allow it, no matter what rhetoric they spew about the draft being equal the next time around.