PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Own GOLD???

SilentBull
02-15-2008, 12:11 AM
I was looking at GoldMoney.com and I was wondering if anyone had an account with them or any other company. Is this safe to do? How do you know your gold is actually in their vaults and that you can get it at anytime?

Benaiah
02-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Go to the sub forum called "economics and sound money." Read there for an hour or two and EVERY question you have will be answered.

kirkblitz
02-15-2008, 12:14 AM
they are insured by lloyd of london and their vault is audited by some huge firm in england, cnn even did a special on them. Just google goldmoney.com

i use bullionvault.com
its a bit cheaper and easier to sign up because you dont have to find a notary and mail your documents to england.

rvkpa
02-15-2008, 12:16 AM
what about egold?

Give me liberty
02-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Where and can i buy gold? and how much does it cost:confused:
Can anyone give me a link?

Benaiah
02-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Where and can i buy gold? and how much does it cost:confused:
Can anyone give me a link?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204
Every question your heart desires is in this sub forum.

born2drv
02-15-2008, 12:19 AM
i buy from apmex and kitco.....

always buy physical gold.

bc2208
02-15-2008, 12:23 AM
There is a downside to "electronic gold." The whole fraud of fractional reserve banking is based on people not wanting to hold their own gold. No matter who they say audits them, you don't really have your gold unless you have it. For the most part, you'll be fine, and not vulnerable to being robbed (like I was). But if the shit hits the fan, as it may soon do, you can't be certain companies will stay afloat or that they will honor your requests or that you can get cash as quickly as you need it. There are benefits and risks to both physical bullion and egold, as well as gold mining stocks. You might settle on one or another, or a combination. www.kitco.com has a great gold forum with some very knowledgeable people, who are very pro-Ron Paul. Check it out and ask many questions before you make a decision.

jarofclay
02-15-2008, 12:25 AM
There is a downside to "electronic gold." The whole fraud of fractional reserve banking is based on people not wanting to hold their own gold. No matter who they say audits them, you don't really have your gold unless you have it. For the most part, you'll be fine, and not vulnerable to being robbed (like I was). But if the shit hits the fan, as it may soon do, you can't be certain companies will stay afloat or that they will honor your requests or that you can get cash as quickly as you need it. There are benefits and risks to both physical bullion and egold, as well as gold mining stocks. You might settle on one or another, or a combination. www.kitco.com has a great gold forum with some very knowledgeable people, who are very pro-Ron Paul. Check it out and ask many questions before you make a decision.

true story. better to have it with you when the piss hits the rotating blades.

LandonCook
02-15-2008, 12:45 AM
I own a few gold coins and 87 silver... I dare you to try and take em... =)

Revolution9
02-15-2008, 12:47 AM
I don';t own gold and ..

bump to move down drolldonkeys posts off the board till the mods get here..

Randy

Trigonx
02-15-2008, 12:48 AM
i just bought some gold and silver this past week, got the silver from apmex.com and the gold from ebay. cost a bit over spot with shipping($1.50/oz on silver and $9.00 over spot on a 1/10th oz coin)

nodope0695
02-15-2008, 12:49 AM
I have a Gold Card, does that count?:D

Seriously, I've been considering the investment.

ultimaonliner
02-15-2008, 12:52 AM
I buy shares of GLD which is an exchange-traded fund (ETF) and trades like any stock and therefore incurs the same commissions for a stock trade from your broker.

It's liquid enough for my purposes.

eric_cartman
02-15-2008, 12:55 AM
if you want to buy gold and other assets that will go up in value as this whole collapse plays out... check out http://www.europac.net

i would invest there if i were you. the president of that company is Peter Schiff and he is a big ron paul supporter and is actually now an official economic adviser to ron paul (though Schiff jokes that ron paul is the only candidate who doesn't actually need his advice, since Ron Paul already understands what's going on).

in terms of buying hold... he recomends a thing called the perth mint program in australia... there are many reasons to use this program... but it's a great way of owning physical gold, and espeically because if the US government makes it illegal to own gold, you'll have your gold waiting outside of the country for you, so that you can leave the country and get your gold when you're out (otherwise, you may not be able to take your gold with you if you leave the country).

but he specializes in foreign investments. he knows what's going on. he's investing in very safe and conservative companies around the world. Schiff personally is a huge bull on gold stocks, so he could tell you good ones to get if you wanna gamble a bit... but the investments he recomends to clients are designed to preserve their wealth in the face of a US economic and dollar crash.

Give me liberty
02-15-2008, 01:02 AM
I have a Gold Card, does that count?:D

Seriously, I've been considering the investment.

You mean the gold master card :p

ultimaonliner
02-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Whatever you do, just realize the risks inherent with the purchase of any commodity... Gold is at historically very high levels. That's not to say that it will not go any higher, but just please do your due diligence.