PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in this Ron Paul Picture?

RonPaulFanInGA
02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/28vvb41.jpg

Kotin
02-14-2008, 11:59 PM
"yeah i think its dead."

JohnnyWrath
A hunter killed the deer, showing it to Ron Paul who supports gun rights..ron paul is goofing around because he is a doctor...to pronounce it dead.

LandonCook
He has magical hands... um.. and yeah, don't let the DK fans see this.

merrimac
02-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Unfortunately, that deer now represents the state of his campaign.

Airborn
02-15-2008, 12:03 AM
hey he's a doctor, it's natural reaction. But he isn't Huckabee, he can't bring it back to life. That is if Jesus told Huckster all of his tricks.

Airborn
02-15-2008, 12:04 AM

:rolleyes: why the hell you just pop up in this thread to say that?....

q_castic
02-15-2008, 12:07 AM
A typical American voter: "Dr. Paul, I read that you're a doctor. I hit this deer 100 miles up the road. Is it dead?"

merrimac
02-15-2008, 12:08 AM
:rolleyes: why the hell you just pop up in this thread to say that?....

I don't like hunters :mad: and this is the one picture I've seen of Ron Paul that paints him in a bad light (well, to me at least).

RonPaulwillWin
02-15-2008, 12:09 AM
"Sorry, the federal government should not deal with the dead."

PauliticsPolitics
02-15-2008, 12:10 AM
where did this pic come from?
def on the bizarre side...

nateerb
02-15-2008, 12:11 AM

Tonight is proof to me that a moderated forum beats open anytime, beacuse I honestly think there are no Admins/Mods on right now.

Too many trolls here for me after being up 19 straight hours after a 3 hour sleep. Good night everyone, hope you all had a great Valentine's and consumed mass quanitites of Chinese cards and Mexican chocolates.

jarofclay
02-15-2008, 12:16 AM
I don't like hunters :mad: and this is the one picture I've seen of Ron Paul that paints him in a bad light (well, to me at least).

And you say you're from Montana? You haven't lived there long have you?

merrimac
02-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Tonight is proof to me that a moderated forum beats open anytime, beacuse I honestly think there are no Admins/Mods on right now.

Too many trolls here for me after being up 19 straight hours after a 3 hour sleep. Good night everyone, hope you all had a great Valentine's and consumed mass quanitites of Chinese cards and Mexican chocolates.

I am no troll. I've made about a dozen youtube videos supporting Ron Paul and two of them are on his website ronpaul2008(dot)com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX-FiXTgKFo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq90G8OjXYI

But this picture brings out the worst of me, sorry.

kirkblitz
02-15-2008, 12:18 AM
hes checking to see if its alive, i think he actually cares.

mexicanpizza
02-15-2008, 12:20 AM

Wow. Why might I ask do you have such a bad impression of hunters?

merrimac
02-15-2008, 12:21 AM
And you say you're from Montana? You haven't lived there long have you?

Only the past 10 years.

LizF
02-15-2008, 12:22 AM

:rolleyes:

jarofclay
02-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Only the past 10 years.

ok. that explains it. ;)

merrimac
02-15-2008, 12:26 AM

Hmmm...well... something about the killing part. I'm not a vegetarian so maybe I am a bit hypocritical but there's something about hunting for sport (not defense or food) that I detest. If some people want to go out killing animals, that's their right but I don't want to have anything to do with them.

Airborn
02-15-2008, 12:27 AM

do you eat meat? Deer is really good, I love it. What is wrong with people killing wild game and eating it? You know, it's actually better then slaving up cows then slaughtering them? Least they lived free untill they died for a right reason. This is life, nothing is here forever. The deer lives on to his next experience of this crazy hyper-dimensional cycles of being. :D

PauliticsPolitics
02-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Hunting is way more humane than factory farming.

Hunting:
the animal lives it's live normally, then one day - - BANG.

Factory Farming:
the animal lives a tortured, caged life and if it doesn't die from madcow, then after a few years - - - - BANG.

I'm a vegetarian, but even I can see that hunting is way more humane than this unnatural factory farming. At least go free range.

Anywho, it does look like this chick hit the deer with her truck and she brought it to RP so he could save it cuz he's the MD.

But that deer is quite dead i believe!

ps.
for people who do eat meat, i believe it is much more noble for you to take the animals life yourelf so you can see what that animal is giving you.

Revolution9
02-15-2008, 12:33 AM

So you wait for things to get struck by lightning to eat them or are you a veginazi or just a shitflinger?

Randy

Russellk30
02-15-2008, 12:34 AM

Hunting:

Factory Farming:
the animal lives a tortured, caged life and if it doesn't die from madcow, then after a few years - - - - BANG.

I'm a vegetarian, but even I can see that hunting is way more humane than this unnatural factory farming. At least go free range.

Anywho, it does look like this chick hit the deer with her truck and she brought it to RP so he could save it cuz he's the MD.

ps.
for people who do eat meat, i believe it is much more noble for you to take the animals life yourelf so you can see what that animal is giving you.

Ah man, Im tearing up. Thats some deep stuff there.:(

Revolution9
02-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Hmmm...well... something about the killing part. I'm not a vegetarian so maybe I am a bit hypocritical but there's something about hunting for sport (not defense or food) that I detest. If some people want to go out killing animals, that's their right but I don't want to have anything to do with them.

If it was in a truck and not beheaded someone is gonna eat that sucker. It's only natural.

Randy

Russellk30
02-15-2008, 12:35 AM
So you wait for things to get struck by lightning to eat them or are you a veginazi or just a shitflinger?

Randy

I for one have never eaten meat that wasn’t struck by lighting first. It’s delicious!

merrimac
02-15-2008, 12:36 AM

That's what I hope happened.

Poor deer. :(

Russellk30
02-15-2008, 12:38 AM
oops

RonPaulFanInGA
02-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Umm...no. That deer is clearly dead. It's tongue appears to have been cut off; that means it was a hunter who killed that deer.

merrimac
02-15-2008, 12:41 AM

Randy

At least I don't cover myself in elk urine to get food. Do you guys enjoy doing that?

phoenixzorn
02-15-2008, 12:43 AM

Hunting:

Factory Farming:

ps.

Excellent post. Thank you.

In Wisconsin, we love to hunt, and while I would at first glance say Dr. Paul is checking for a pulse, it's more likely he is honoring the deer as we do when we kill a creature of God. I lay a hand on the neck or chest of every deer I've killed and say a short prayer thanking God for the life of the animal before I field dress it and bring it back to camp.

It is a ritual, and I'm proud of it, and I use every pit of that animal (except the gut pile) for food and clothing, not because I need to, but because I have a moral responsibility to ensure that it is completely used.

phoenixzorn
02-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Umm...no. That deer is clearly dead. It's tongue appears to have been cut off; that means it was a hunter who killed that deer.

Tongue is not cut off... it is hanging out of the deer's mouth as they always do when dead.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Also, it looks like that deer has been field dressed.

danberkeley
02-15-2008, 12:52 AM

Would have sucked to be you in archaic times.

gracebkr
02-15-2008, 12:52 AM

lol. So you don't mind eating an animal that is raised for death, but you do mind when an animal is hunted? It makes no sense. Does it bother you when a tiger kills its prey?

nodope0695
02-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Who knows what is going on...perhaps the lady hit the deer and wanted to RP to have a look-see. Perhaps she's offering it to Dr. Paul as a gift...perhaps the deer is a supporter. Who the hell cares?

Interesting photo for sure, but why try reading into it? What are we, the MSM?

PauliticsPolitics
02-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Who knows what is going on...perhaps the lady hit the deer and wanted to RP to have a look-see. Perhaps she's offering it to Dr. Paul as a gift...perhaps the deer is a supporter. Who the hell cares?

Interesting photo for sure, but why try reading into it? What are we, the MSM?

if we were the msm, we would say:

"here is a picture of a deer and a girl"
"the girl is clearly dead"

gracebkr
02-15-2008, 01:00 AM

better yet "Ron Paul is a deerist"

LandonCook
02-15-2008, 01:02 AM
do you eat meat? Deer is really good, I love it. What is wrong with people killing wild game and eating it? You know, it's actually better then slaving up cows then slaughtering them? Least they lived free untill they died for a right reason. This is life, nothing is here forever. The deer lives on to his next experience of this crazy hyper-dimensional cycles of being. :D

Elk is really good too! You should come to Arkansas... I have 12 Deer in our field every morning. I've seen 3 over 8 points the last few months...

ultimaonliner
02-15-2008, 01:08 AM
I live in Los Angeles, but always thought hunting would be pretty fun. But, how the heck would I just pick up something like hunting with firearms? I've only shot air rifles when I was a kid decades ago.

Zolah
02-15-2008, 01:11 AM

Maybe he got shot by a vice president

nodope0695
02-15-2008, 01:12 AM

The MSM would say, "What a nice truck that girl with the deer drives."

merrimac
02-15-2008, 01:32 AM
lol. So you don't mind eating an animal that is raised for death, but you do mind when an animal is hunted? It makes no sense. Does it bother you when a tiger kills its prey?

Ideally, I would want to get to the point where I eat no meat at all just like many people want to get to the point where they don't bite their fingernails but keep biting anyways. It's a work in progress but (especially after this discussion) I will be back on the right track.

And I don't get bothered by tigers killing prey. It's what they're naturally designed to do.

But while the Ron Paul movement has opened many eyes to many truths, I will give anyone who is reading this right now another secret that the MSM has kept from you: we are not designed to eat meat. We are no more designed to eat meat than a wrench is designed to knock in a nail. If there is no other tool available, the wrench might get the job done just like if there is no other food around, meat will give you energy. Meat is an acidic producing food which horrible to the body.

If you bother to read books like

"The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health"
"Alkalize or Die"
"The Acid Alkaline Balance"
"The pH Miracle for weightloss"
"The pH Miracle for Diabetes"
"Sick and Tired"

you will stumble upon a theory that is backed by nobel prize winning people and censored by the MSM. What I'm about to say is revolutionary but hopefully after you've seen what the MSM has done to Ron Paul, you'll be more open minded (and a little curious):

What if I told you that there already are cures to diseases like cancer and diabetes that drug companies, to protect their profits, have done everything to keep you from knowing about?

Would you think I was a kook? Hopefully, you're more open minded than that.

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 01:36 AM

I agree. Guns are NOT here for hunting, they are here to defend Liberty. I hardly see how getting up at 3am, eating a full plate of piping hot food and then leaving on a full stomach to kill some food with a high powered rifle, while warm as shit in your custom made hi tech clothes and then coming home to a hot meal... why should this be protected?

I'm not saying people can't eat meat or whatever, by all means... that is up to you, but killing for sport/food/etc should be on an AS NEEDED basis.

DRV45N05
02-15-2008, 01:44 AM
The woman in the picture is Kim Chicoine. She is the wife of NH State Coordinator Jared Chicoine, and one of the sweetest/coolest chicks you'll ever meet in your life. And she is a kick ass hunter.

jonhowe
02-15-2008, 02:02 AM
Way to spoil the fun of the thread by giving out an actual fact.

KnownasTIm
02-15-2008, 02:05 AM
strange

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 02:08 AM
Would have sucked to be you in archaic times.

We are not in those times. And I think that is the point. If I was starving and I couldn't already feed myself off of the land, I would hunt--clearly we live in a time where killing isn't necessary to survive.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-15-2008, 02:09 AM
No antlers kiddies. This aint legal in any state I know of to hunt. This is roadkill most likely.

He must be checking it to make sure it is dead so they dont have to mercy kill it, or try taking it to a vet.

pacelli
02-15-2008, 02:10 AM

Poor taste.

pacelli
02-15-2008, 02:11 AM
The MSM would say, "What a nice truck that girl with the deer drives."

Haha for real !

Airborn
02-15-2008, 02:24 AM
We are not in those times. And I think that is the point. If I was starving and I couldn't already feed myself off of the land, I would hunt--clearly we live in a time where killing isn't necessary to survive.

oh really, guess you never had a hamburger

What do you think about fishing? Is a deer's life more valuable then a fish(to you)?

Don't even tell me you think fishing/crabbin'/froggin'/crawfish'n/ect is not acceptable in this day and age.. maybe, maybe I could live without meat but seafood, no way Eat Seafood or Die! for me :)

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 02:39 AM
oh really, guess you never had a hamburger

What do you think about fishing? Is a deer's life more valuable then a fish(to you)?

Don't even tell me you think fishing/crabbin'/froggin'/crawfish'n/ect is not acceptable in this day and age.. maybe, maybe I could live without meat but seafood, no way Eat Seafood or Die! for me :)

This is because you see us as humans and them as animals. I have had a hamburger. I don't eat meat anymore. Try this, and I'm not saying that I'm here to stop you from doing you... but work with me here:

Think about us all as... ready for it... "EARTHLINGS"

Living creatures all have the same BASIC needs, desires, etc.. and they are:

Freedom to move, Freedom from pain, Freedom from suffering, They nurture, they care for their young, when their young go missing, do they not weep? Serious question. You ever seen an animal standing on the side of the road while it's parent was laying dead in the middle of the road? Do you think it is feeling any less pain than you or I?

To me this is the easiest choice I have ever made.

Pro Life means ALL LIFE.
Pro Choice means ALL LIFE.

If you are PRO WAR, you are PRO CHOICE.
If you are PRO LIFE, you are ANTI WAR.

If you eat MEAT, you are PRO CHOICE.
If you don't eat MEAT, you are PRO LIFE.

Simple as that. You cannot be pro life and pro war. War causes death.

The next argument will be that God put them here, so they must be food. Actually, God said that we could eat of ANY TREE, ANYTHING PUT HERE THAT COULD BE GROWN. Except for ONE TREE. Adam and Eve didn't eat meat. So it stands to reason, our teeth and our inner organs haven't evolved very much if you believe in the bible timeline... I personally think it's a crock of shit, but hey.

1. Meat causes cancer
2. Your body isn't made to break down solid proteins
3. Your teeth are flat, not sharp and pointed
4. You can EASILY live a healthier lifestyle, cheaply and effectively without meat
5. Hitler wasn't a vegan or vegetarian, for whenever someone brings that shit into the argument... it's coming, so lets get that out there right now.
6. Your pancreas is CONSTANTLY fighting cancers, it's what the organ DOES for you. Meat slows this down, and this is why meat eaters get 90% of the cancers.
7. Meat has additives, hormones, and steroids...

8. don't believe it, look at the next 13 year old girl with DD cup size

Shink
02-15-2008, 02:41 AM

Hunters are part of the natural life cycle. Those of us who abstain from being hunter/gatherer/farmers (me included) will suffer in one way or another. For me, the processed packaged junk will kill me down the road.

Airborn
02-15-2008, 03:24 AM
This is because you see us as humans and them as animals. I have had a hamburger. I don't eat meat anymore. Try this, and I'm not saying that I'm here to stop you from doing you... but work with me here:

Think about us all as... ready for it... "EARTHLINGS"

Living creatures all have the same BASIC needs, desires, etc.. and they are:

Freedom to move, Freedom from pain, Freedom from suffering, They nurture, they care for their young, when their young go missing, do they not weep? Serious question. You ever seen an animal standing on the side of the road while it's parent was laying dead in the middle of the road? Do you think it is feeling any less pain than you or I?

To me this is the easiest choice I have ever made.

Pro Life means ALL LIFE.
Pro Choice means ALL LIFE.

If you are PRO WAR, you are PRO CHOICE.
If you are PRO LIFE, you are ANTI WAR.

If you eat MEAT, you are PRO CHOICE.
If you don't eat MEAT, you are PRO LIFE.

Simple as that. You cannot be pro life and pro war. War causes death.

The next argument will be that God put them here, so they must be food. Actually, God said that we could eat of ANY TREE, ANYTHING PUT HERE THAT COULD BE GROWN. Except for ONE TREE. Adam and Eve didn't eat meat. So it stands to reason, our teeth and our inner organs haven't evolved very much if you believe in the bible timeline... I personally think it's a crock of shit, but hey.

1. Meat causes cancer
2. Your body isn't made to break down solid proteins
3. Your teeth are flat, not sharp and pointed
4. You can EASILY live a healthier lifestyle, cheaply and effectively without meat
5. Hitler wasn't a vegan or vegetarian, for whenever someone brings that shit into the argument... it's coming, so lets get that out there right now.
6. Your pancreas is CONSTANTLY fighting cancers, it's what the organ DOES for you. Meat slows this down, and this is why meat eaters get 90% of the cancers.
7. Meat has additives, hormones, and steroids...

8. don't believe it, look at the next 13 year old girl with DD cup size

First off,(my views) We are all animals. In reality no living creature has any more value then any other including us. Lets say a cricket just died and at the same time a human, they are equal. No I'm not atheist, I believe "life" goes on after death, or should I say our consciousness goes on. We are all connected, we are all 'one'. We are God. We are God experiencing "himself" on many different levels. Ok, enough of the craziness rant, right? lol you try Dimethyltryptamine(DMT)(out-of-body inducing chemical) multiply times and see if you see it any different. Anyways, We(animals) are all equal for we live off of other animals(energy), that is the way it's suppose to be, notice nature(wild).

You said all life has the same basic needs, and that is what I'm saying. We Eat. We All Eat what we choose(as species). If we are all Equal then it doesn't matter who/what we eat. If a animal eats me, then so be it. I will value my life more then the animal at the time and will fight it, but if he eats me then I accept it as part of the process and pass my energy here on to him. My consciousness will live on and will keep experiencing.

You said:
"God said that we could eat of ANY TREE, ANYTHING PUT HERE THAT COULD BE GROWN."

That is only if you believe in a "written word" of the christian god. There are many other "religions" you know. I don't really consider myself part of any organized religion but if I had to put my self into a group, it would be buddhism/new age.

And about meat being unhealthy, well you can say that about almost anything today. Water can be unhealthy, hell water can kill you if you drink too much. If I ate lettuce all day nonstop, that would be unhealthy. So would be eating alot of meat.

ok, enough of my ranting :D

Airborn
02-15-2008, 03:35 AM
Also you never answered my question about fishing..? (post #52)

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 03:50 AM
I don't fish, no. Anything that is living and breathing, be it air, or water, I will not eat. If there is suffering, or I cannot disprove the suffering, I will not eat it.

What is the matter with protecting all sentient beings? Lastly, I do not value my life above any other living creature. We all eat, but saying that we MUST EAT MEAT is not correct. I haven't eaten meat in years now, and won't be anytime soon. I live off of the land, and am quite healthy. Food doesn't have to be processed or packaged, and I understand preserving tradition. I know how to fire a weapon, and if someone ever tries to harm me, believe I will. But until my life or freedom is in danger, it's peace for me.

That said, I understand that other people will do what they will... I'm not here to tell you not to do it, simply what the consequences of doing it are... cancer, death, etc...

If you live on a diet of natural foods, with no meat or dairy, expect to live longer, barring some disaster. And trust me, my food doesn't taste bland and tasteless. You'll miss meat for about 2 weeks. After that, you'll start feeling so good about yourself and your body will feel so great, you'll wonder quite honestly how you ever ate meat.

Steveco
02-15-2008, 03:56 AM
"Divide and Conquer"
we all need to find areas were we disagree so we can't work together to change this country. We should all be fighting about who the best quarterback in NFL history was, if gay people should marry or if people should eat animals. For reals guys Does this post not look like a set up to create riffs between supporters.

Steveco
02-15-2008, 04:02 AM
Its really hard not to take bait on this one . I will hold my tung for now but later I am going to a food forum to bash either vegetarians or meat eaters.

Airborn
02-15-2008, 04:05 AM
"Divide and Conquer"
we all need to find areas were we disagree so we can't work together to change this country. We should all be fighting about who the best quarterback in NFL history was, if gay people should marry or if people should eat animals. For reals guys Does this post not look like a set up to create riffs between supporters.

no, nothing wrong with having a little debate here.. We all don't have to agree on everything. I think if we all agreed on everything here, we wouldn't be fighting for the Freedom message here. The Freedom message will bring in lots with different views.

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 04:09 AM
One of the best ways to conquer is to kill us with food additives... if you're dead and/or dying, you can fund the MEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX

yes there is one.

Airborn
02-15-2008, 04:13 AM
I don't fish, no. Anything that is living and breathing, be it air, or water, I will not eat. If there is suffering, or I cannot disprove the suffering, I will not eat it.

What is the matter with protecting all sentient beings? Lastly, I do not value my life above any other living creature. We all eat, but saying that we MUST EAT MEAT is not correct. I haven't eaten meat in years now, and won't be anytime soon. I live off of the land, and am quite healthy. Food doesn't have to be processed or packaged, and I understand preserving tradition. I know how to fire a weapon, and if someone ever tries to harm me, believe I will. But until my life or freedom is in danger, it's peace for me.

That said, I understand that other people will do what they will... I'm not here to tell you not to do it, simply what the consequences of doing it are... cancer, death, etc...

If you live on a diet of natural foods, with no meat or dairy, expect to live longer, barring some disaster. And trust me, my food doesn't taste bland and tasteless. You'll miss meat for about 2 weeks. After that, you'll start feeling so good about yourself and your body will feel so great, you'll wonder quite honestly how you ever ate meat.

I know your not here to tell me what to do, as neither am I to you. Nothing wrong with discussing different views. I will say this if I could only eat non-meat things sure, i would. But for one, I feel we are "meant" to eat meat as well as plant life. And like I said earlier I'd couldn't just stop eating seafood, I've ate it all my life same goes for landmeat.

But I do want to ask you something if you want to share your thoughts on it. You said God put plant life here for us to eat, and we were not meant to eat meat. Then why didn't God make the same ..rule to other animals as well? Why not just make all life non-meat eaters? I know you don't have the answer to this, but your thoughts?

Xenophage
02-15-2008, 04:25 AM

I agree with you completely. incidentally, I read somewhere that Ron Paul doesn't really like guns, either, and has only shot a gun a couple times in his life, but that doesn't stop him from being a staunch defender of 2nd amendment rights.

thoughtbombing
02-15-2008, 04:58 AM
I agree with you completely. incidentally, I read somewhere that Ron Paul doesn't really like guns, either, and has only shot a gun a couple times in his life, but that doesn't stop him from being a staunch defender of 2nd amendment rights.

He's also never done a drug and doesn't drink. I haven't heard about him trying to roll back to prohibition, like Huckabee.

why didn't God make the same ..rule to other animals as well? Why not just make all life non-mean eaters? I know you don't have the answer to this, but your thoughts?

For the record, I don't believe in God, persay.. I merely used that as an example. I do not know why God wouldn't give them the same rules. For the same reason I do not know why we were given Free-Will, the ability to think for ourselves, build homes, fly airplanes, etc... but I DO believe that we should only use this knowledge for good purposes. We were given these gifts for a reason. Why would you use a hammer instead of a nail gun?

Why would you drive a car that gets shitty mileage and looks worse?

etc... why would you eat foods that are less healthy and make you feel like shit, when there are foods that taste equally as good, sometimes BETTER and make you feel totally awesome?

Choice, I guess. But making a poor choice in the face of evidence is no longer ignorance, it's stupidity or insanity. I don't know any thinking person that wants either. I'm not saying you are stupid or insane, just ignorant to the positive vs negative... and by that, I mean you just haven't experienced going vegan. Hard to say it without it sounding bad, but I don't mean to insult or offend. I just think if you tried it, you'd change your mind.

constituent
02-15-2008, 06:05 AM
Why not just make all life non-mean eaters?

yea, mean people suck! :D

have a good one airborn!

Airborn
02-15-2008, 07:45 AM
yea, mean people suck! :D

have a good one airborn!
:D it's double meaning

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-15-2008, 07:53 AM

hahahaha you don't like hunters... what a broad statement. how ignorant

GoDrNo
02-15-2008, 08:02 AM

When the shit hits the fan and you and your family need to eat I hope you can overcome your disdain for hunters or its going to be a mighty hungry existence for you and yours.

ConstitutionGal
02-15-2008, 08:16 AM

I wasn't planning to jump in on this discussion until I saw the above little tidbit. Frankly, I tired of people pulling out one little scripture and trying to base an entire concept or argument on it (and it matters not whether you profess to be a believer or not).

Genesis 7:1-5: "Take with you " God instructed Noah, "seven of every kind of clean animal ... and two of every kind of unclean animal". That is, before the Flood the notion of "clean and unclean" meats was already understood. From the early dawn of history a clear distinction is made. Some creatures were "clean". Some were not. Some were for eating and some were not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABRIDGED LIST OF SCRIPTURALLY "CLEAN" FOODS:
[see Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14]

MEAT:
[I]They chew the cud &
have a divided hoof

Beef
Antelope
Elk
Buffalo
Lamb
Deer
Goat

FISH:

They must have both fins and scales

Cod
Haddock
Mackerel
Salmon
Bream
Tuna

FOWL:

Chicken
Turkey
Quail
Pheasant
Goose
Grouse
Duck
Dove (and related)

Insects: Those listed in Scripture are not easily identified with our familiar insects. But you could, with John the Baptist, try locusts. [see Leviticus 11:20-23.] Modern outdoorsmen warn, however, to carefully inspect the locusts for parasites before ingesting!

So, while it may be your personal preference or belief to not eat meat, don't try to misinform others that God said only eat things we can grow (ie plant life).

mountaineer
02-15-2008, 08:17 AM
I saw this picture as Ron Paul having a sense of humor.

"Yep, its dead."

ConstitutionGal
02-15-2008, 08:32 AM
I saw this picture as Ron Paul having a sense of humor.

"Yep, its dead."

That's the way I saw it, too, especially after reading the story that originally accompanied the photo.

bcreps85
02-15-2008, 08:34 AM
She accidentally hit it on her way to see Ron Paul. Fortunately since he is a miracle worker he agreed to use his special healing powers on it! :)

Matt
02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
But while the Ron Paul movement has opened many eyes to many truths, I will give anyone who is reading this right now another secret that the MSM has kept from you: we are not designed to eat meat. We are no more designed to eat meat than a wrench is designed to knock in a nail. If there is no other tool available, the wrench might get the job done just like if there is no other food around, meat will give you energy. Meat is an acidic producing food which horrible to the body.

If you bother to read books like

"The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health"
"Alkalize or Die"
"The Acid Alkaline Balance"
"The pH Miracle for weightloss"
"The pH Miracle for Diabetes"
"Sick and Tired"

you will stumble upon a theory that is backed by nobel prize winning people and censored by the MSM. What I'm about to say is revolutionary but hopefully after you've seen what the MSM has done to Ron Paul, you'll be more open minded (and a little curious):

What if I told you that there already are cures to diseases like cancer and diabetes that drug companies, to protect their profits, have done everything to keep you from knowing about?

Would you think I was a kook? Hopefully, you're more open minded than that.

Okay I had to comment on this. I had a girlfriend who was vegan and she made me read those books by Dr. Young. I was convinced so I tried her special diet and it was unbearable. I literally felt like shit and craved meat constantly for over a month until I quit. She claims it was because I was "detoxing" but I'm convinced that I'm just someone who needs to eat meat.

This was confirmed to me after I started reading Dr. Mercola's site and learned about metabolic typing. To me it makes way more sense that there are different metabolic types suited to different diets and it explains certain paradoxes like: How come traditional Eskimos eat nothing but meat and they're the healthiest people on earth? It makes sense that some people are suited to being vegan but I'm definitely not one of them.

BuddyRey
02-15-2008, 08:52 AM
He's going to transfer the death throes of agony from the deer to the hunter, like in that movie "Powder."

Nah, not really, but that'd be unexpected! :eek:

Spirit of '76
02-15-2008, 11:24 AM
There are some truly ignorant and elitist people on this thread.

Where I live, many people hunt because they have to in order to feed their families. Even those who hunt entirely for sport (which is extremely rare) usually donate the animals to one of the many programs that process the meat for distribution to the needy through charitable organizations.

Besides, if the hunters didn't keep the deer population in check, they would get out of control and destroy all the crops you vegetable-aryans seem to think is the only legitimate source of food for humans. Furthermore, the deer would suffer due to the starvation and disease (such as Chronic Wasting Disease) that go hand in hand with overpopulation.

terlinguatx
02-15-2008, 11:26 AM

merrimac
02-15-2008, 11:33 AM
When the shit hits the fan and you and your family need to eat I hope you can overcome your disdain for hunters or its going to be a mighty hungry existence for you and yours.

I will only hunt if that's the only source of food. So unless I get trapped on a desert island I doubt it will ever come to that. I've never fired a gun in my life and I hope I never have to.

BTW, that hunting bitch is from New Hampshire. Maybe if people like her had been going out trying to save their country instead of going out to kill Bambi, he'd have done a lot better in places like New Hampshire.

Spirit of '76
02-15-2008, 11:43 AM
BTW, that hunting bitch is from New Hampshire. Maybe if people like her had been going out trying to save their country instead of going out to kill Bambi, he'd have done a lot better in places like New Hampshire.

Stupidest post ever.

pinkmandy
02-15-2008, 11:44 AM
There are some truly ignorant and elitist people on this thread.

Where I live, many people hunt because they have to in order to feed their families. Even those who hunt entirely for sport (which is extremely rare) usually donate the animals to one of the many programs that process the meat for distribution to the needy through charitable organizations.

Besides, if the hunters didn't keep the deer population in check, they would get out of control and destroy all the crops you vegetable-aryans seem to think is the only legitimate source of food for humans. Furthermore, the deer would suffer due to the starvation and disease (such as Chronic Wasting Disease) that go hand in hand with overpopulation.

QFT.

And not just the crops- have you seen what bucks do to fruit trees?

Gimme Some Truth
02-15-2008, 11:47 AM

Come on man, he clearly said he doesnt like animals being hunted for fun (ie. not in self defense or for food). I agree with him. I've been forced to lay the big fat smackdown on a few deranged maniacs who were killing and/or torturing animals for sick pleasure many times in the past.

AlabamaWildMan
02-15-2008, 11:49 AM
http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/gods_creatures.jpg&usg=AFQjCNF7Q3wMvqo4bdPLD3nY9n-OXCH92g

Craig_R
02-15-2008, 11:54 AM
No antlers kiddies. This aint legal in any state I know of to hunt. This is roadkill most likely.

He must be checking it to make sure it is dead so they dont have to mercy kill it, or try taking it to a vet.

you must be kidding.

This deer was harvested legally Dr paul checked for a pulse jokingly declaring the deer dead.

btw most states allow for antlerless deer harvesting.

98Tokay
02-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Why is this a thread? This is asinine.

ConstitutionGal
02-15-2008, 12:02 PM

HAte to break it to you bud but a LOT of folks that hunt ARE the ones who are informed and engaged with trying to preserve the foundations of this Country. You were WAY off base with that childish, crude post.

AlabamaWildMan
02-15-2008, 12:06 PM
HAte to break it to you bud but a LOT of folks that hunt ARE the ones who are informed and engaged with trying to preserve the foundations of this Country. You were WAY off base with that childish, crude post.

Roger That!!
... just another one of those that really think the 2nd Amendment's only use is putting meat on the table....eh?

affa
02-15-2008, 12:59 PM
I know your not here to tell me what to do, as neither am I to you. Nothing wrong with discussing different views. I will say this if I could only eat non-meat things sure, i would. But for one, I feel we are "meant" to eat meat as well as plant life. And like I said earlier I'd couldn't just stop eating seafood, I've ate it all my life same goes for landmeat.

I don't believe we were 'meant' to do anything on this Earth other than to figure out how best to live on it. Some of us take different paths.

I've been vegan for... wow, almost a decade. I am far more healthy and vibrant than I was as a meateater.

I am vegan because of some of the ideas already put forth here - a love of life. I do not swat flies either - the reckless killing of a life form simply because it's 'buzzing around' or slightly annoying doesn't sit well with me. And as for the idea that they spread germs, well, I have never been sick since I went vegan. Seriously.

It doesn't bother me if people hunt for food - many tribal cultures used every last part of an animal they killed, meat, skin, bones. They also gave their kill great respect (there is a reason all animals are deified as gods in most tribal cultures) and understood what they were taking from this Earth. Eating meat when there is no other option (surviving a long winter being a perfect example) is understandable.

Unfortunately, many hunters no longer hunt for food. They sport kill. Many others use hunting 'for food' as an excuse to sport kill - I for one have no need to hunt for food - I'm quite well fed. For me to go hunting and then claim it was necessary for food would be a bit of double talk, since I've established I can survive quite well without meat in our current culture/environment.

What I do know is this: for the same reason I recommend a television addict take a month off from television, I also recommend a meat eater try a month or two without meat (actually, I recommend going vegan because it's too easy to really mess up being vegetarian due to miseating - Many vegetarians start eating way too much cheese and such, and don't feel well as a result). I'm not asking anyone to change their mind about it, but simply to exist for a month without. The first 2 weeks or so will find you craving protein, but if you do this in an educated manner you will learn how to replace this (nuts, beans, quinoa, tofu, hemp, etc). An educated vegan is quite well balanced, however, and has very few toxins in their body (we still have to breath the air around us).

During this 'month off' you will discover a few things -
1. Researching everything that goes into your body will be as awakening as researching Ron Paul, or our banking system, or any of the other paradigms we've been born into.
2. You will most likely feel far more 'aware' as a result, simply because it's one more area of your life that you are thinking about. This isn't to say a meat eater doesn't put thought into what they eat - surely, some do - but the simple fact is that a vegan must and many meat eaters don't.
3. Assuming you eat factory farmed meat (that is, meat you don't catch yourself) you will begin to reduce the toxin level in your body significantly. All those hormones and chemicals and preservatives.
4. You may just start to think about the lives of animals. Factory farms are disgusting, disgusting things. And spending your money on factory farmed meat means you are directly responsible for supporting those conditions. Being vegan, I can safely say I no longer support a lot of cruelty in the world. Yes, I'm still human, and yes, I still live in our society so I'm not perfect. But it still feels... good. Really good.

My point, really, is that if someone on this board eats only meat they or their friends catch, then that's one thing. I can respect that. But as soon as you get into factory farming

Also - I take offense at the word 'veginazi'. I know many, many vegans. None fit the 'stereotype' that media likes to portray. It's been my experience that what usually happens in a 'confrontation' is: a vegan orders salad (or whatever) at a restaurant. Someone asks 'what, aren't you hungry?' or, perhaps, makes fun of them in some way. The vegan, depending on their personality, gets defensive or starts explaining why. It falls on deaf ears. I've never, in all my years, seen a vegan start verbally attacking a meat eater at a restaurant. I have seen many, many meateaters verbally attack vegans.. not because they were preaching, but simply because of what they were eating.

affa
02-15-2008, 01:04 PM
ps - that picture doesn't bother me at all. To each their own.

wgadget
02-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Looks like Ron is petting Bambi to me.

merrimac
02-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Stupidest post ever.

Word to the wise: that picture will alienate a significant portion of Ron Paul's base but I'm probably just one of the more vocal ones. I don't understand how you can be opposed to torturing criminals but at the same time be enthusiastic about killing harmless, gentle animals.

Isn't it possible that that deer was a mother to a now orphaned baby? And yes, that does happen. Living in Montana I have, unfortunately, seen situations like that where the baby's mother was killed.

nateerb
02-15-2008, 01:39 PM
I am no troll. I've made about a dozen youtube videos supporting Ron Paul and two of them are on his website ronpaul2008(dot)com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX-FiXTgKFo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq90G8OjXYI

But this picture brings out the worst of me, sorry.

Even though I quoted you merrimac, it was more directed to the plethora of Liberty_TN trolling on the forums last night. I understand, there are things I see on this forum that bring out the worst in me as well.

affa
02-15-2008, 01:40 PM

Word to the wise: that picture will alienate a significant portion of Ron Paul's base but I'm probably just the more vocal one. I don't understand how you can be opposed to torturing criminals but at the same be enthusiastic about killing harmless, gentle animals.

Isn't it possible that that deer was a mother to a now orphaned baby? And yes, that does happen. Living in Montana I have, unfortunately, seen situations like that where the baby's mother was killed.

Read my above posts and you will understand where I'm coming from.

That said, if you believe this picture will alienate a portion of the base... why did you post it to start a thread?

I'm vegan and that photo doesn't bother me. Ron Paul isn't even the hunter. And that one post about the woman herself was definitely off base.

DeafEric
02-15-2008, 01:44 PM
He has some of redneck's heart!! Go!!

merrimac
02-15-2008, 01:53 PM
And that one post about the woman herself was definitely off base.

Hmmm...which is more off base...her killing a deer for sport or, as some have suggested, food (as she clearly looks like she's starving :rolleyes: )...or me calling her a bitch? That's a tough one. :rolleyes:

killatop
02-15-2008, 01:58 PM
I thought it was a cute picture....most my family being hunters I didn't see the big deal. I myself do not hunt as I didn't find the fun in it but I see nothing wrong with it as long as the meat is being used. It's more humane than buying beef at the store that for sure.

killatop
02-15-2008, 02:03 PM

Word to the wise: that picture will alienate a significant portion of Ron Paul's base but I'm probably just one of the more vocal ones. I don't understand how you can be opposed to torturing criminals but at the same time be enthusiastic about killing harmless, gentle animals.

I really hope you are a Vegan...if not you need to do some research! Killing that deer is much more humane than buying food at McDonald's or Kroger and the things that those animals go through for you to be able to buy it.

One thing is for sure... HUNTING IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS KEPT THE 2ND ADMEN. ... if hunting was illegal the right to own a gun quickly goes with it.

affa
02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Hmmm...which is more off base...her killing a deer for sport or, as some have suggested, food (as she clearly looks like she's starving :rolleyes: )...or me calling her a bitch? That's a tough one. :rolleyes:

calling her names on an open forum where you know many people will disagree with you is divisive. there are far better ways to get your point across without antagonizing people.

by your own admission, you're not even vegetarian. and if you don't hunt, that means you're eating factory farmed meat. (and don't start with 'free range' stuff, because 9 times out of 10 that's a corporate lie - and I know this from experience). i'd rather someone hunt than profess to care deeply about animals and not have the fortitude to quit eating meat.

i've been vegan for 10 years, so I actually put my food where my mouth is. calling that woman names on this forum doesn't accomplish a darn thing other than picking a fight.

killatop
02-15-2008, 02:05 PM

So because you don't like hunters you think no one should accept that it is a perfectly legal thing to do?

I don't know if RP is a hunter or not...but what's he supposed to do...give a rant about how awful the woman is for killing the deer..and that the deer might have had babies....GROW UP!

These kind of irrational supporters are what have turned so many people off to Ron Paul

JK/SEA
02-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Looks like a drug deal in the background. Is that the question?

merrimac
02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
calling her names on an open forum where you know many people will disagree with you is divisive. there are far better ways to get your point across without antagonizing people.

by your own admission, you're not even vegetarian. and if you don't hunt, that means you're eating factory farmed meat. (and don't start with 'free range' stuff, because 9 times out of 10 that's a corporate lie - and I know this from experience). i'd rather someone hunt than profess to care deeply about animals and not have the fortitude to quit eating meat.

i've been vegan for 10 years, so I actually put my food where my mouth is. calling that woman names on this forum doesn't accomplish a darn thing other than picking a fight.

Then, by your own admission affa, you have eaten meat in all the years of your life save 10. Don't lecture me about hypocracy because that's one thing we're all guilty of to some degree.

When I said I wasn't a vegetarian I meant that I eat meat only sparingly and even there I intend to change. I almost always get the vegitarian version of food and only eat meat when everyone else is. And, lest you misunderstand my meaning, I'm saying that with guilt and am not defending myself. Going cold turkey (no pun intended) on meat, in our society, is easier said than done but I have thought about doing it from time to time and have just needed that little extra motivation to do it. Having this discussion could very well have given me what I needed.

burningfur
02-15-2008, 02:35 PM
FOOD FIGHT!!!

http://www.wellingtongrey.net/miscellanea/archive/2007-10-15--the-real-lolcat-attack.png

DealzOnWheelz
02-15-2008, 02:38 PM
woman: "Dr Paul I hit this deer when it got caught in my headlights"

Ron Paul: "Oh another deer caught in the headlights, ya know this is actually the first time I've met Governor Huckabee"

affa
02-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Then, by your own admission affa, you have eaten meat in all the years of your life save 10.

This argument makes absolutely no sense, and I hope you know that.

I also ate boogers for a few years, too, I'm sure.

Drknows
02-15-2008, 03:14 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/kittykittenpurr/Healing_of_Jesus.jpg

merrimac
02-15-2008, 03:36 PM
This argument makes absolutely no sense, and I hope you know that.

No, I don't know that.

And I don't know how you can be a vegan and not be "bothered" by a picture like that. Forgive me. Gee, I wish I had a more logical brain like you do.

Live Free or Die
02-15-2008, 03:56 PM
What's going on in this Ron Paul Picture?

Paul campaign in better shape than deer (http://www.boston.com/news/local/politics/primarysource/2007/11/paul_visits_nor.html)

By James Pindell November 14, 07 03:04 PM

BATH, N.H. -- It is the first day for deer hunting season in New Hampshire (for those not using arrows) and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul marked the day with a stop at a gun store in Whitefield.

On the way to the next event in the North Country, he made an impromptu stop at a general store in Bath to get a closer look at a doe shot and killed this morning by his New Hampshire campaign manager's wife.

For the cameras, Dr. Paul checked for a pulse before declaring the deer officially dead.

His campaign in New Hampshire is definitely alive and well. He was fourth in the New York Times/CBS News Poll published this morning, confirming his fourth-place standing in the Boston Globe poll published on Sunday. And he is using some of the campaign cash he collected online to air TV ads in the Granite State.

ConstitutionGal
02-15-2008, 04:29 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/kittykittenpurr/Healing_of_Jesus.jpg
Shouldn't the little gray and white kitty have Mike Huckabee's face on it? :eek::D

affa
02-15-2008, 04:35 PM
No, I don't know that.

And I don't know how you can be a vegan and not be "bothered" by a picture like that. Forgive me. Gee, I wish I had a more logical brain like you do.

Yea, quoting a single word from my post does a whole lot for 'context'.

I make choices for myself. I don't make them for other people. I live by example, not by force. Yes, dead animals 'bother' me. But that photo is only a photo - Ron Paul is not gloating over the animal, if anything, he looks concerned. Put it this way - if someone showed me a deer in a truck, I might lean over to touch it too... snap, photo, and your point is? A picture of me next to a deer?

But you're just trying to be divisive and push buttons as is obvious by this entire thread:
1. you posted that a picture would turn off Ron Paul people and was evidence of the death of his campaign.
2. you called people names and a random woman in a photograph a 'bitch'.
3. you argue with anyone and everyone, insulting them.

New Governor Of Alaska
02-15-2008, 04:42 PM
What's going on in this Ron Paul Picture?

If you provide the source of this picture then you will find an answer to your own question.
Right, RonPaulFanInGA?

cpaulwin
02-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Killing animals and eating them. Think about that. They have life, they offspring they care for, they want to live. Your killing them....and eating them. Killing them and eating them. Killing them and eating them. When will humans ever learn compassion? Thou shall not kill applies to everything that has life, even plants! It is possible to live quite well without killing anything. Did you know that?

Canadiandude
02-15-2008, 04:45 PM
What about nature cpaulwin?

EDIT: cpaulwin, i can't possibly take you seriously. Plants?! Oh yeah, your body digests millions upon billions of living cells, and organisms.

RedLightning
02-15-2008, 04:46 PM
I don't know if its been posted yet, but Ive seen that picture before with the caption going something like the deer was shot by a hunter and he was pronouncing it dead.

tamor
02-15-2008, 04:47 PM
He is feeling for a pulse

cpaulwin
02-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Man is above nature, when man can do it then nature will follow.

killatop
02-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Killing animals and eating them. Think about that. They have life, they offspring they care for, they want to live. Your killing them....and eating them. Killing them and eating them. Killing them and eating them. When will humans ever learn compassion? Thou shall not kill applies to everything that has life, even plants! It is possible to live quite well without killing anything. Did you know that?

Nice :)

cpaulwin
02-15-2008, 04:48 PM
What about nature cpaulwin?

EDIT: cpaulwin, i can't possibly take you seriously. Plants?!

When you pick an apple from a tree does the tree die?

pcosmar
02-15-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't know if its been posted yet, but Ive seen that picture before with the caption going something like the deer was shot by a hunter and he was pronouncing it dead.

You are correct, I believe he was at an event at the beginning of Deer Season.
That is some nice "high speed beef."

killatop
02-15-2008, 04:51 PM
It's a fucking deer...come on people...it's not likes it's a human being in the back of the truck! A DEER...just cause it's cute everyone has feelings for it...but the fact of the matter is it's no different than killing that spider in your bathroom....

GROW UP PEOPLE!

killatop
02-15-2008, 04:53 PM
When you pick an apple from a tree does the tree die?

Actually yes...the seeds that you are not allowing to seed.

dumbass!

Exponent
02-15-2008, 05:14 PM
What you have all managed to miss is that they're selling fresh fudge in the background. FRESH FUDGE! I want dessert! I want sugar!
:D

Live Free or Die
02-15-2008, 05:17 PM
If you provide the source of this picture then you will find an answer to your own question.
Right, RonPaulFanInGA?

I live in NH, and saw this photo & story when it was first published last November during one of Rep. Paul's many visits to our state, I just knew it would be taken out of context and used as joke fodder by certain people with certain agendas. :mad:

Since then, I have seen it pop up on various blogs, forums & websites, without the original accompanying article. Someone early on in this thread mentioned that the hunter pictured is the wife of "J" [after some replies concerning this woman, I would ask that poster to remove the name from their post] a NH Ron Paul campaign worker. That is correct. I posted the link to the article today in this post:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1270492&postcount=105

As far as I can tell, mine was the only response to factually answer the OP's question, with a link to support the origination of that photo. I knew where it originated as soon as I opened this thread earlier today, yet I had to wade through pages of crap about meat vs. non-meat and Hunters vs. Starvers (or some such self-righteous babble).

So please give the OP a break here. As I mentioned, this photo has popped up in plenty of w3 arenas since it was first published. If the OP chooses to let us know where they found it, and what story- if any- accompanied the photo, I'd like to know, too. :cool:

austinchick
02-15-2008, 05:21 PM
oh, dear......:)

Matt
02-15-2008, 05:43 PM
"Meat is food" - Ted Nugent

Seriously vegans, I noticed nobody has addressed my earlier post about metabolic typing. Care to explain why Eskimos who eat nothing but meat and animal fat are some of if not the healthiest people in the world? Not only that but as soon as they abandon their traditional diet they start getting chronic diseases at a rate way higher than your average white person eating the same thing. If being vegan makes you feel good fine but don't assume you know whats best for everybody else.

There's also the fact that if deer aren't hunted they'll overpopulate and have to be shot anyway. At least with hunting they get used for a worthwhile purpose. Not to mention wild game is way healthier than commercially farmed meat.

merrimac
02-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Yea, quoting a single word from my post does a whole lot for 'context'.

I make choices for myself. I don't make them for other people. I live by example, not by force. Yes, dead animals 'bother' me. But that photo is only a photo - Ron Paul is not gloating over the animal, if anything, he looks concerned. Put it this way - if someone showed me a deer in a truck, I might lean over to touch it too... snap, photo, and your point is? A picture of me next to a deer?

But you're just trying to be divisive and push buttons as is obvious by this entire thread:
1. you posted that a picture would turn off Ron Paul people and was evidence of the death of his campaign.
2. you called people names and a random woman in a photograph a 'bitch'.
3. you argue with anyone and everyone, insulting them.

1. The picture turns me off. That I can guarantee you.

2. Except for my first comment, every other comment I've made has been a response to other people who responded to my comments. I have not initiated one argument on this thread. I called that girl a bitch and I would just as easily call her that again. But I challange you to find one name I've called any person who has commented on this thread.

3. I haven't even responded to all those people who have disagreed with me.
danberkley said "Would have sucked to be you in archaic times" and I have not responded and I don't intend to respond. pacelli called one of my comments "poor taste" and I haven't responded. maeqFreedomfree called me ignorant but I chose not to respond.

And I don't make choices for other people. But that doesn't mean that I must be silent. Like Ron Paul I have never used illegal drugs in my entire life, and yet I am against them being illegal for Constitutional, moral as well as practical reasons. If people want to go out killing animals that's their right and I'd hate to live in a country that made it illegal to hunt. But hunting is a deplorable lifestyle. And as long as I have the right to say that, I will. Just because hunters have the legal right to hunt animals does not mean that they are entitled to be free from the criticism of people like me who point out the inhumanity of it.

PauliticsPolitics
02-15-2008, 06:07 PM

Hunting:
the animal lives it's life normally, then one day - - BANG.

Factory Farming:

ps.
for people who do eat meat, i believe it is much more noble for you to take the animal's life yourelf so you can see what that animal is giving you.

my vegan point of view reitterated...

...for the vegans that are offended by hunting.

affa
02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
If being vegan makes you feel good fine but don't assume you know whats best for everybody else.

From my reading, not one vegan here has posted that veganism is the end all be all diet for every last human being on the planet. Many did say it works for them, and that they are against factory farming and sport hunting.

The person railing against the photo isn't even vegetarian.

kyleAF
02-15-2008, 06:31 PM

Does (female deer, not a conjugation of the verb "do") have a hunting season just like bucks. I'm not sure where you hunt where that wouldn't be the case...

If one must eat meat, hunting is by far and away the most humane method of obtaining it.

However, mass-held livestock are necessary to sustain a large population of meat-eating people. If everyone had to go to the woods to kill a deer for any meat they wanted, white tails (et al.) would go extinct very quickly. Native tribes were able to sustain themselves, because their population sizes were in agreement with the natural scarcity of wildlife... that's not the case anymore, so we have to "grow" our meat, just like we need to have mass agriculture, and can't survive on foraging.

Mass vegetarianism is the only way to avoid corralling and killing animals for food (without killing billions of people), but doesn't seem to stick...hence why people have been herding animals for thousands of years. Good luck selling the mass vegetarian concept, even though it is much healthier. :rolleyes:

merrimac
02-15-2008, 06:57 PM

Anyone who thinks hunting is not inhumane should watch this clip from "Powder" which is a movie about a man who is born with unusually white skin and extraordinary powers. It's only a movie, I know, but the point is well made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uz80zTMO40

bcreps85
02-15-2008, 06:59 PM

bcreps85
02-15-2008, 07:02 PM
I ate vegan once for a whole week as an experiment because I had two vegan friends at the time. My digestive system had never been so offended.

Meat is food, sorry :(

As far as eating vegan being healthier...I've heard it before and I'm not buying it. In my experience the vegans/vegetarians I have known have been much more sickly than myself and other people I know...I only get sick about once a year and it is generally very mild.

pcosmar
02-15-2008, 07:06 PM
my vegan point of view reitterated...

...for the vegans that are offended by hunting.

Sorry, but I have never seen him Pander.
As I have seen, he respects everyones rights. I have heard that he does not hunt, but has done some shooting. As I remember when this pic was first shown, It was a deer shot that day, and happened to be a supporter at a rally.
If I am not mistaken, It was in NH and in a rural area where hunting was common.
If you chose to eat or not eat, it is your choice. If you chose to hunt or not, is your choice.
Making that choice for others, is not.
It is your problem if you are offended at the freedom of choices of others.

Ron Paul does not pander.

merrimac
02-15-2008, 07:17 PM
To anyone who believes that hunting deer is not inhumane, I dare you to watch this clip from the movie "Powder".

FreeTraveler
02-15-2008, 07:27 PM
To anyone who believes that hunting deer is not inhumane, I dare you to watch this clip from the movie "Powder".

A) It's only a movie, grow up.
B) It's only a movie, it has an agenda to sell.
C) Nobody will ever force you to shoot bambi.
D) Emotional pleas are faulty logic.
E) Grow up.

chewbacca
02-15-2008, 07:37 PM
That movie made me want to kill an albino deer.

merrimac
02-15-2008, 07:41 PM
A) It's only a movie, grow up.
B) It's only a movie, it has an agenda to sell.
C) Nobody will ever force you to shoot bambi.
D) Emotional pleas are faulty logic.
E) Grow up.

Of course it's just a movie.

The Network was just a movie that had an agenda but that doesn't stop us Ron Paul supporters from using clips from it. Braveheart was just a movie that was made to rake in a lot of cash but that didn't stop us Ron Paul supporters from being inspired by it. V for Vendetta was just a movie with an agenda but that didn't stop us from centering an entire money bomb day around it. Freedom To Fascism is just a movie with an agenda... I could go on and on.

Let me repeat myself (again). If you haven't seen this clip and believe that hunting deer is not inhumane, I dare you to watch it...

hvac ak47
02-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Ever eat cat?? :D

Spirit of '76
02-15-2008, 08:31 PM
This thread is hilarious.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Right, RonPaulFanInGA?

No.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38574&page=5

flames2dust77
02-16-2008, 12:45 AM
wow. This is a totally strange thread. :cool:

burningfur
02-16-2008, 12:59 AM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5830/thehugsw9.jpg

I love this picture.

damoncrowe
02-16-2008, 01:25 AM
Cute little deer make great tenderloin.
Cute little bunnies taste wonderful.
Wild turkey make a wonderful food and drink.
For those of you who think hunting is dispicable. . .
don't hunt. Let me know who you are and I will shoot
an extra deer next year for you.
Here in NW TN, we have a problem with the deer population.

BTW-----Using the Powder clip to "prove" that hunting is
inhumane is like using a Harry Potter clip to prove that
wizzards are real. Its just. . . . just dumb. It is a fallacious
argument from a unrealistic scene. Just dumb.

matratzac
02-16-2008, 01:26 AM

same here

Myerz
02-16-2008, 01:32 AM

120 years ago you would have died...unless your a vegan.

damoncrowe
02-16-2008, 01:59 AM

Would you object to me going out back to my chicken coop
and killing my own chicken for supper?
What about a pig, steer, or lamb?
Is it hunting that you don't like or killing
for food? :confused:

alaric
02-16-2008, 02:05 AM
actually, the 1st thought i had was the scene from Starman, where he resurrected the deer! Don't think it has anything to do with gun rights, which i wholeheartedly support.

PauliticsPolitics
02-16-2008, 02:15 AM
MODS !

As much as i serously find this thread interesting.
It really should be moved out of grassroots.
It's taking up too much bump-space from grassroots discussion.

my opinion.