PDA

View Full Version : 87 year old NH state rep, wont eat again until impeachment

Roxi
02-14-2008, 11:50 PM
i found this on the liberty forums:

87-Year Old New Hampshire State Representative Says She Will Not Eat and Is Willing to Die for Impeachment

http://www.libertyforum.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=news_news&Number=296068226&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&part=

I just got off the phone with Betty Hall. She is the 14-term State of N.H. representative who has introduced to the state house HR 24 to impeach Bush and Cheney. The public Hearing for the resolution is next Tuesday Feb. 19th (the day after President's day).

She is joining the Code Pink fast [1].

She is 87 years old and refuses to eat again until Conyers begins impeachment proceedings. She told me "I've had a good life. I can't think of any better way to end it."

Now, before you think I am heartless by "encouraging" this act by announcing it, I know Betty. When she decides to do something, there is no changing her mind - she's going to do it. She will not eat until impeachment proceedings begin in earnest. We owe it to her to make this worth her while. It's time to pull out ALL the stops and get Conyer's ass into gear! We cannot let this clear-headed, heroic woman sacrifice herself.

pinkmandy
02-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Wow!

phill4paul
02-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Good luck on that.
My bet is eventually she'll grab a Mac.
She is a person that is in a leadership position? Please, she needs to learn the rules then exploit them.
Hunger strikes are committed by those that have lost everything.
WE have lost nothing( not talking freedoms, talking principles)
Get her to join US instead.
Hunger strike is fine..Damn I saw it allll over the news tonight:rolleyes:
Tell her to grow up. (87 yrs. sheesh.:rolleyes:

garyallen59
02-15-2008, 12:06 AM
go

MikeStanart
02-15-2008, 12:24 AM
My kind of woman.