PDA

View Full Version : Here is A Question To Consider....

virginiakid
02-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Why would you be in favor of raising taxes on yourself? Why do government officials who have been elected to office want to raise taxes on themselves? DO they not pay taxes? This one question has bothered me for so long. I still haven't found a real answer to this question. Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and many many others have voted to raise your taxes and taxes on themselves(the rich) so that means technically they pay in more taxes. But why would you want to raise taxes, when you will have to pay in more taxes?

virginiakid
02-14-2008, 11:57 PM
bump to see if anybody could answer this?

virginiakid
02-15-2008, 12:35 AM
bump, I guess no one has an answer for this. Oh well. But you have to admit, it is an interesting question.

sophocles07
02-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Well, they say, as many rich people do, that they "don't mind" paying more taxes if it helps out the less fortunate.

Of course, this seemingly common sense way of looking at the issue obviously falls apart when you realize that the money you pay in taxes is always misused, which is rooted in the fact that the government is completely corrupt. So: you may like the idea of helping someone in an idealized way--like I do--but you should also be aware that your money "ain't" goin' to where you want it to go, or even where they say it will.

They'll waste it.

And it's this idealism people like Clinton and Obama play on to--just like Romney or McCain play on "America's FUCKING AWESOME--everyone else FUCKING SUCKS"/FEAR/whatever idealism--get votes.

Ex Post Facto
02-15-2008, 12:46 AM
They don't mind paying the taxes as they give their corporations advatages to earn more money, that taxes are more or less an investment for them.

Revolution9
02-15-2008, 12:47 AM
bump to move down drolldonkeys posts off the board till the mods get here..

Lets beat him folks without answering his posts

Randy