PDA

View Full Version : Convention

WCR
02-14-2008, 09:04 PM
I just have a question. Knowing, Paul won't win the nomination ... can we get him to the convention? If we get him to the convention as a speaker's role that would be an incredible accomplishment. I know this is a stretch, but if Paul would accept maybe a VP spot, if he would make some deals. Now I'm not saying I want this, but knowing he won't win, wouldn't we want him to be a VP on the ticket or even speaking at the convention, spreading the message and changing the party within, like he state? I don't know, just my two cents.

billjarrett
02-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Plan:

1. Accept VP slot
2. First day in office, tell McCain something he doesn't agree with
3. McCain goes crazy, has heart attack
4. Win.

:rolleyes:

nate895
02-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Who says we won't win the nomination? This isn't over until someone gets 1,191 votes on the convention floor.

texasbelle
02-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Plan:

1. Accept VP slot
4. Win.

:D :D:D

constitutional
02-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Plan:

1. Accept VP slot
4. Win.

genius.

texasbelle
02-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Who says we won't win the nomination? This isn't over until someone gets 1,191 votes on the convention floor.

To steal a quote from hucksarmy "it aint over till its brokered" ;)

pacelli
02-14-2008, 09:12 PM

+1776

nate895
02-14-2008, 09:12 PM
To steal a quote from hucksarmy "it aint over till its brokered" ;)

I was laughing all day at the Huckabee movement, they had some real LOLs. On his website, they were even suggesting he go 3rd Party.

Kotin
02-14-2008, 09:13 PM
I was laughing all day at the Huckabee movement, they had some real LOLs. On his website, they were even suggesting he go 3rd Party.

on what, the AIPAC party?

nate895
02-14-2008, 09:23 PM
on what, the AIPAC party?

Probably the Christian Falangist (http://www.falangist.com/) Party.

PauliticsPolitics
02-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I just have a question. Knowing, Paul won't win the nomination ... can we get him to the convention? If we get him to the convention as a speaker's role that would be an incredible accomplishment. I know this is a stretch, but if Paul would accept maybe a VP spot, if he would make some deals. Now I'm not saying I want this, but knowing he won't win, wouldn't we want him to be a VP on the ticket or even speaking at the convention, spreading the message and changing the party within, like he state? I don't know, just my two cents.

STOP IT.
LEARN about the system:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119814
seriously, we can make a brokered convention if we want it.
The delegates are elected at state conventions that haven't happened yet.
The national delegates will vote at the convention, they always do.
The convention at that point is brokered.
How many times do I have to say this.
It's up to us!