PDA

View Full Version : Founding Members Being Enlisted - The Proservative Movement is Born

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone,

Initial interest group forming for the Proservative movement. Our platform is based ENTIRELY on that of Ron Paul, and will continue to support him and all of our grassroot efforts whether he runs Republican or not.

Future actions include coordinating with various grassroots groups/websites, pooling resources such as contact/voter registration lists, a one-stop shop for tools needed to organize and mobilze grassroots efforts, including a text message notification system and the ability to make phone calls for Ron Paul FROM YOUR HOUSE (think call drive parties).

Again, this is an effort to solidify our Ron Paul Revolution into a collective movement, not just yet a third party. If and when that option presents itself, "We'll cross that bridge when we get there".

Patience is indeed a virtue, and our time has finally come.

http://www.proservative.us

Open Letter to Ron Paul Outlining our Proservative position:
http://www.proservative.us/dearronpaul.htm

Please pass this on to friends, family of the Revolution.

Keep on keepin' on,

--
Anthony Cinelli

nate895
02-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I am a paleo-conservative, and that name just sounds dumb, sorry. I will not join the "proservative" movement.

pcosmar
02-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Again, this is an effort to solidify our Ron Paul Revolution into a collective movement,
Sorry,I am not a collectivist.
I am a Grass Root.

Dustancostine
02-14-2008, 09:04 PM
I say good work to anyone who putting forth a great effort.

--Dustan

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Sorry you think the name is "dumb". I thought is would appeal more to your Paleontologist crowd like yourself.

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I say good work to anyone who putting forth a great effort.

--Dustan

Thanks Dustan. There a storm a brewin regarding the Ron Paul Movement, and I'm just trying to provide some shelter here. I don't want to lose anyone, as everyone I've met related to this movement has been simply amazing.

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I'm a grassroot as well. But grass dont grow so well in the desert, do it?

TruthAtLast
02-14-2008, 09:10 PM
The concept is good but it needs structure. Organizers from all 50 states need to form a board of directors to establish offical policies, campagin strategies, criteria for support, fund raising guidlines, organization bylaws, and substructures including district and precinct leaders.

Dr Paul was trying to get 180,000 precinct leaders. One for every precinct in the country. We weren't able to in such a short time but that is the type of central grassroots structure we need.

Additionally, information needs to be pulled together how the delegate system works for each state since that is often very confusing to people. Then make a list of guidelines of how to become a delegate and the process that is involved for each district or country in each state.

Compiling information and providing structure and communication should be the #1 goal. The #2 goal should be to solidify a re-occuring funding system NOT based on Money bombs but on subscription donations. There would need to be COMPLETE transparency in funds raised and a PAC would need to be formed which isn't very difficult to do.

I agree that I don't like the name.

I do however have a domain name and own a rack of servers that you can use that may be better. I have done nothing with it yet but have had plans of doing a similar organization as I described above. The domain is www. TakeBackYourCountry .com

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:15 PM
TruthAtLast, I agree with you 100%. Let's definitely collarborate more, as I'd like to hear your thoughts, what you have going. I actually have a lot more in place than most, been working on the scaffolding for years now. I registered proservative.us back in 2005, waiting for the right time, the right candidate, the right platform, etc. Ron Paul is it, now is the time.

trey4sports
i like the idea, and as mentioned yes structure is vital, in fact it is a necessity. i would be happy to help out.

mdh
A lot of folks are trying to do stuff like this, to keep the movement together after this election season is over.

Time shall tell which are just ideas and which blossom into true substance.

pcosmar
02-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I'm a grassroot as well. But grass dont grow so well in the desert, do it?
Yes, some do.
http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/Photography/Images/Content/desert-grass-404221-sw.jpg

I am under Snow at the moment. But am still here.

A good resource to continue the movement.
http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:20 PM
I've got 5 instant messengers setup for immediate discussion yall. Please hit me up on any of them, let's talk more. I'm extremely excited about the idea/prospect and want to help with everything I have.

I also agree that time will tell which of the "projects" stand the test of time. I know this Proservative movement will, whatever the size ends up being. I'm a pretty loyal and decicated patriot, and have the heart and resources to back it up. All I can say is give this a shot, and, with your help, I promise we can't go wrong.

slacker921
02-14-2008, 09:20 PM
dang man.. get someone to proof that copy.. "The Republican party has already left you, left all of us true conservatives, and I've been raised on the notion that you can't give good, give love where it cannot be received. "

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey, like anyone else starting a "new" movement, good luck.
My advise is register Republican and change the party. It'll be easier. Ron Paul knows that.
The Republican party has gone through many changes.
The Revolution will be the latest incarnation.
There is a reason why the Libertarian and Constitution party has NOONE in a leadership position.
The quicker you wake up to the Revolution the better. No more pie in the sky.
Get involved in the GOP. It is a MINORITY party. Change from within. Including the rights of third parties.

american.swan
02-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I believe we need to organize 180,000 organizations in each precinct of the US of A to organize local support and organize GOP efforts.

One central group is exactly what the Powers-that-be want because they can easily take over the top and control. I'd like to see the CIA/FBI try to take over 180,000 groups.

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Another elementary school grammar teacher... :) I've gotten that from at two of them so far. Sorry for the incorrect comma placement, being too passionate at the time to really worry about one too many commas.

Slacker921, can you show me what you've written, posted online so I can get an idea of how I should better structure my thoughts and feelings?

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Hey, like anyone else starting a "new" movement, good luck.
My advise is register Republican and change the party. It'll be easier. Ron Paul knows that.
The Republican party has gone through many changes.
The Revolution will be the latest incarnation.
There is a reason why the Libertarian and Constitution party has NOONE in a leadership position.
The quicker you wake up to the Revolution the better. No more pie in the sky.
Get involved in the GOP. It is a MINORITY party. Change from within. Including the rights of third parties.

Hey Phil,
I am registered Republican, and plan on staying that way for the foreseeable future. If Ron Paul decides to jump ship, I will too...but until then, I'm GOP as well.

Proservatives are not a party, just an interest group at this point. Sorry for the confusion.

FreeTraveler
02-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Our platform is based ENTIRELY on that of Ron Paul, and will continue to support him and all of our grassroot efforts whether he runs Republican or not.

Please correct this part of your post. Dr. Paul has expressed his wishes concerning a third-party run and you are NOT supporting HIS PLATFORM.

Correct that misconception immediately or I will have to report this thread.

I will NOT support your organization because you are pushing for a third-party run in direct contradiction of his wishes.

SHAME ON YOU!

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey Phil,
I am registered Republican, and plan on staying that way for the foreseeable future. If Ron Paul decides to jump ship, I will too...but until then, I'm GOP as well.

Proservatives are not a party, just an interest group at this point. Sorry for the confusion.

Ahh so an interest group within the GOP? OK I'll bite. What seperates the proservatives from the Ron Paul Republicans?

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Let me know if you need clarification...it clearly says we are behind Ron Paul no matter what his party ends up being.

TruthAtLast
02-14-2008, 09:36 PM
I believe we need to organize 180,000 organizations in each precinct of the US of A to organize local support and organize GOP efforts.

One central group is exactly what the Powers-that-be want because they can easily take over the top and control. I'd like to see the CIA/FBI try to take over 180,000 groups.

The problem with 180,000 grassroots organizations without any central leadership is that people lose focus, don't have NEARLY the impact, and don't have the funding.

I don't think that a third party is being proposed here (though that door should never be closed completely). What is being proposed is a central organization for the Revolution Movement. An organization that can mobilize vast amounts of resources and people into laser-focused tasks. It is the unified MOB that makes change happen.

These Ron Pauler Congressmen that are running are competing at local levels. Imagine the power of the "Revolution" unleashed upon each of their rivals. mass calls, canvassing, funding, and billboards, radio spots, mailers, etc.

One by one the competition would be picked off because they couldn't withstand the onslaught of our wave of nation-wide supporters.

Right now there are lots of people who believe in the cause but without leadership they are fractioned and unfocused. That is really what we are trying to change.

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Ahh so an interest group within the GOP? OK I'll bite. What seperates the proservatives from the Ron Paul Republicans?

Nothing at all if these Republican truly hold ALL of Ron Paul positions at heart, including his opposition to the current "war" in Iraq. Otherwise, we are not at all diffrerent.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-14-2008, 09:38 PM
"I'm a grassroot" ??

whatever... A blade of grass can only take the weight of a giant because that weight is shared amongst all the other blades tightly surrounding it. The ONLY way to fight a giant is to beat it at its own game. I fully endorse creating a new political party as long as it strictly follows Ron Paul's ideology.

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:40 PM
oops, double posted. don't know how to delete this one.

TruthAtLast is right on the money...and the storm, like I said, as a brewin, headed this way. We will continue to picked off one by one, and I just want to help in making sure with stick together.

Truth, please contact me when you some time.

Captain America
02-14-2008, 09:42 PM
I am a paleo-conservative, and that name just sounds dumb, sorry. I will not join the "proservative" movement.

your thinking is terrible

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:46 PM
your thinking is terrible

But to his credit Captn', I was pretty pissed when I bought a box of grape nuts and they didn't taste like grapes...they tasted more like, um, not grapes...

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:47 PM
"I'm a grassroot" ??

whatever... A blade of grass can only take the weight of a giant because that weight is shared amongst all the other blades tightly surrounding it. The ONLY way to fight a giant is to beat it at its own game. I fully endorse creating a new political party as long as it strictly follows Ron Paul's ideology.

I agree for sure with this. But, lets crawl before we walk, that is the idea. We'll cross that "new party" bridge when we get there...let's first just get there, TOGETHER :)

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Nothing at all if these Republican truly hold ALL of Ron Paul positions at heart, including his opposition to the current "war" in Iraq. Otherwise, we are not at all diffrerent.

If WE Republicans truly hold all of Ron Pauls' positions at heart.
If you are GOP DO NOT dissasociate yourself from the party. YOU and I are the party. THEY, neo-conservatives, do NOT have the power that is allowed them.
They are weak. The GOP is a minority power when compared to the DEMs. That is the Ron Paul Revolution.
WE are more passionate. WE can take county from them. WE can take State from them. NEO-s do not represent US.
We are not intruding on them. It is they that have stolen it from US.
WE ,I hope you are included, will take the GOP back,
The only movement I belong to is the Ron Paul Revolution. And he is a Republican!

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 09:59 PM
If WE Republicans truly hold all of Ron Pauls' positions at heart.
If you are GOP DO NOT dissasociate yourself from the party. YOU and I are the party. THEY, neo-conservatives, do NOT have the power that is allowed them.
They are weak. The GOP is a minority power when compared to the DEMs. That is the Ron Paul Revolution.
WE are more passionate. WE can take county from them. WE can take State from them. NEO-s do not represent US.
We are not intruding on them. It is they that have stolen it from US.
WE ,I hope you are included, will take the GOP back,
The only movement I belong to is the Ron Paul Revolution. And he is a Republican!

We'll right, so do I... Conservatives with passion and determination that so many Progressives show (even though their intentions are, in my opinion, extremely determental)

Proservative = Progressive Actions COMMITTED TO Conservative VALUES

RonPaulVolunteer
02-14-2008, 10:03 PM
I agree for sure with this. But, lets crawl before we walk, that is the idea. We'll cross that "new party" bridge when we get there...let's first just get there, TOGETHER :)

Ah, that's what I was saying... I was backing you up...

The Proservative
02-14-2008, 10:10 PM
OK , right, that's what I thought :) Was taking a barrage there, ducking from possible friendly fire.

american.swan
02-14-2008, 10:28 PM
The problem with 180,000 grassroots organizations without any central leadership is that people lose focus, don't have NEARLY the impact, and don't have the funding.

Impact? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118851

Funding? There can be grassroots funding of various projects that the all the committeemen can use, such as slim-jims, newsletters, and videos. My ideas for a media program similar to the evening news using grassroots reports would be great, but has been ignored by the grassroots, it wouldn't cost that much to get off the ground I figure, but I can't do it. My idea of a newsletter that committeemen can print off at kinkos if they want has also been ignored by the all knowing grassroots and again I don't have the resources to do it.

Lose Focus? Are you speaking of the mass exodus from these forums? If a committeemen loses focus he/she needs to be replaced and shouldn't be apart of the movement.

If you want a "group" that is easily taken over by the elite covert operations than that's fine with me. Unless the few, the proud, the hardcore supporters get active in the GOP, no organization is going to work anyway.

LandonCook
02-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone,

Initial interest group forming for the Proservative movement. Our platform is based ENTIRELY on that of Ron Paul, and will continue to support him and all of our grassroot efforts whether he runs Republican or not.

Future actions include coordinating with various grassroots groups/websites, pooling resources such as contact/voter registration lists, a one-stop shop for tools needed to organize and mobilze grassroots efforts, including a text message notification system and the ability to make phone calls for Ron Paul FROM YOUR HOUSE (think call drive parties).

Again, this is an effort to solidify our Ron Paul Revolution into a collective movement, not just yet a third party. If and when that option presents itself, "We'll cross that bridge when we get there".

--
Anthony Cinelli

Such bad wording... seriously... I know your a good guy, but you picked the worst words...

lonestarguy
02-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Please correct this part of your post. Dr. Paul has expressed his wishes concerning a third-party run and you are NOT supporting HIS PLATFORM.

Correct that misconception immediately or I will have to report this thread.

I will NOT support your organization because you are pushing for a third-party run in direct contradiction of his wishes.

SHAME ON YOU!

Anthony (The Proservative),

Don't worry about some of the abrasive types who will try and shame you on your efforts. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

Additionally, you should be aware that Ron Paul is a Lifetime Member of the Libertarian Party. So, if people want to talk up a 3rd party Libertarian or Conservative Party run they are free to, ON THIS FORUM.

Now, if peeps want to re-take the Republican Party, great. But as we are already seeing the Freedom movement is indeed losing steam and will continue to do so if we do not fill the vacuum in the upcoming presidential election that may contain only McClinton or McBama.

I can't believe that the Freedom movement would shun a grand opportunity to introduce, educate, and recruit millions of new converts to the cause by running credible known candidates like Ron Paul, Gary Johnson (fmr NM Governor), Andrew Napolitano (Nation of Sheeple), people of that calibre.

I say the Freedom movement runs presidential candidates and deny the Republicans the White House until they see the light. Ron Paul has clearly stated he will not support the McCainiac anyway.

And Ron Paul could be lobbied to change his mind anyway. So, lets see.

pacelli
02-15-2008, 01:29 AM
bump

nodope0695
02-15-2008, 01:38 AM
What the hell does "proservative" mean?

Why not "Conservative" party, or how about NO party. I'm a member of the Revolution, and thats about it.

PauliticsPolitics
02-15-2008, 01:57 AM
I prefer "Ron Paul Republican" or "Larry McDonald Democrat."
We need both sides.
And yes, you should look into Larry McDonald.

But I approve of any label for a constitutional collective.

free.alive
02-15-2008, 02:12 AM
Thruth at Last. You're not hinting at bureaucracy are you?

Whatever groups we create, they must be decentralized, the power must flow from the bottom-up, and we must do our best to prevent the structure of the organization from becoming a large organization.

If an organization is centralized, it is more easily corrupted, and if the power flows top-down, it will most definitely (eventually) be taken over by those who, well, have taken over everything else, and then the only language of the organization will become doublespeak. Also, all large organizations - governments, corporations, charities, think-tanks - become bloated, inefficient, and eventually ineffectual or detrimental to their purpose.

We need (probably many) lean, mean decentralized and bottom-up tyranny fighting machines.

'Nuf said.

Revolution9
02-15-2008, 02:14 AM
A quick study of the word you use shows it to be a gimmick n that it appears to be conjunctive of progressive and conservative. This would imply being pro-servative or that which serves. Conservative is counter to serving n this manner as a serf which is another way of saying that which serves one. A Conservator will allow the admiring of artworks for example but they will not be served or tendered for money. Ya oughta rethink this. Canada has a Progressive Conservative party.

Best
Randy

KnownasTIm
02-15-2008, 02:16 AM
huh

nayjevin
02-15-2008, 03:24 AM
Whatever groups we create, they must be decentralized, the power must flow from the bottom-up, and we must do our best to prevent the structure of the organization from becoming a large organization.

so true. the precinct structure of the existing GOP is a good place to start -- it already has a name, offices, and income from donations.

there's certainly also room for smaller groups as well, if they have a well defined message and goal set, people will join.

1 person = 100% agreement
2 people = less than 100% agreement
3 people = even less
4 people = you get the point

The Proservative
02-15-2008, 08:06 PM
We've got a great response, people signing up thus far. Regarding infrastructure, we've been building it for the last few years, just waiting for that "knight in shining armor" to get behind, and Ron Paul is that knight.

The distinguishing feature of our Proservative movement is that we've been planning this for years, registered the domain in 2005. I think it's great other people are getting into the swing of things, putting their heart into it, and am not looking to compete with any of the current grassroot effort. On the contrary, we're looking to fortify these grassroots operations with tools and resources, whatever it takes. If we can assist a worthy candidate, project that is based on the Ron Paul Revolution/Proservative Movement in any way, then by our definition, we will be a success.

LibertyEagle
02-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I hate to tell ya, but paleo-conservatives will want no part of anything that has the word, "progressive" attached to it. Progressives are thought to be socialists/communitarians (which is the new "in" name for Commies). Nope, I'm not kiddin'. :)

jawrightbiz
02-15-2008, 08:28 PM
A quick study of the word you use shows it to be a gimmick n that it appears to be conjunctive of progressive and conservative. This would imply being pro-servative or that which serves. Conservative is counter to serving n this manner as a serf which is another way of saying that which serves one. A Conservator will allow the admiring of artworks for example but they will not be served or tendered for money. Ya oughta rethink this. Canada has a Progressive Conservative party.

Best
Randy

I actually pointed this out to my wife, and no I am not kissing butt, but that was the smartest thing I had heard in a while. Who makes arguments like that? Wow

The Proservative
02-15-2008, 08:34 PM
The word Proservative could stand for many positive things which we want to portray. Like I mentioned before, we've done some focus groups, all "understood" the general idea we were shooting for, you're argument being one of them:

Proservative = one who is FOR service...and isn't that exactly what we want our elected officials to do, serve our/the public's best interests?

virgil47
02-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I am afraid that your new organization is probably going to be off limits for any active duty military or civilian employees of the government. If and when you are able to get this new proservative organization recognized as an actual political party and then and only then will it be ok for the military and government civilians among us to join. If this new organization is in any way seen as a radical anti U.S. movement it will be off limits forever. Just a simple word of caution to my military and government civilian bretheren on these boards.

The Proservative
02-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I am afraid that your new organization is probably going to be off limits for any active duty military or civilian employees of the government. If and when you are able to get this new proservative organization recognized as an actual political party and then and only then will it be ok for the military and government civilians among us to join. If this new organization is in any way seen as a radical anti U.S. movement it will be off limits forever. Just a simple word of caution to my military and government civilian bretheren on these boards.

Virgil, its ok to come aboard, we're not conspiring to do anything illegal. And, I assure you this is anything but "anti US". On the contrary, this is what the US is all about. The Proservative movement is not an actual party, just solidifying the Ron Paul Revolutionary base, right now as "Proservative Republicans".

We COMPLETELY adhere to the Ron Paul platform, and seeing how Ron Paul received more contributions from Armed Forces personnel than any other presidential candidate, our Proservative group/movement would be a perfect fit for all of our military and government brethren.

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 09:36 PM
A good resource to continue the movement.
http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/

+1

02-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Sounds like "preservative."

The Proservative
02-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Sounds like "preservative."

as in "preserving the Ron Paul Revolution" ?

TruthAtLast
02-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Thruth at Last. You're not hinting at bureaucracy are you?

If an organization is centralized, it is more easily corrupted, and if the power flows top-down, it will most definitely (eventually) be taken over by those who, well, have taken over everything else, and then the only language of the organization will become doublespeak. Also, all large organizations - governments, corporations, charities, think-tanks - become bloated, inefficient, and eventually ineffectual or detrimental to their purpose.

We need (probably many) lean, mean decentralized and bottom-up tyranny fighting machines.

'Nuf said.

By this logic the country shouldn't have a Government at all and I don't think anyone is suggesting that. Certainly Ron Paul isn't.

Yes, organizations can become corrupt but only if there are no checks and balances and no governing bylaws. I've created dozens of companies. Some of the early ones were set up by partners of mine and had poor corporate governance. Others, that I created in the future have run smoothly and efficiently due to the care taken in the initial structure.

You are correct in that big companies can become bloated with bureaucracy. But this occurs when power is more important than purpose. The problem with Government isn't the fact that it is Government. It is the greed, power, and influence that corrupts.

If a decentralized group of random support worked, Ron Paul would be the nominee right now.

We've seen dozens of "side project" grass roots endeavors fail because they didn't get the proper funding or attention they deserve, despite the fact that thousands of people may have had every intention of supporting these projects but never knew about them. The ones that do succeed ONLY DID SO, because of the organized promotion and support of a group of people.

There are too many people moving in too many different directions to make any kind of sustained impact. If 20 people call or email a radio station it does nothing. If 20,000 people are organized, it makes an impact and demands change. Every major Revolution in the history of the world happened because of organization.

People don't say "united we stand, divided we fall" for the heck of it. We will NEVER make the impact that we seek doing what we are doing now. This is not meant to dismiss the effort that so many people have dedicated. On the contrary, it honors these people.

Any organization (including our own Government) is only as good as the skill, integrity, and values of the leadership. That is why we want Ron Paul to be President. Whether we like it or not our organization is already forming. There are leaders and organizers of meet up groups, precinct leaders, district leaders, etc. To provide these supporters a method of communication and delivering on their objectives is only natural.

But... you bring up a good point. We can't have an organization where any person or small group has absolute power. The organization is only used as an instrument to educate, mobilize and focus the people on a single cause. The members must be the ones to truly dictate direction and policy.

The action isn't unlike the fundamental function of this forum, only rather than just facilitating in the discussion of a Revolution, this organization would facilitate in the ACTION of Revolution.

It must be completely transparent (just as our Government should be). It must have equal representation and it must hold true to the defined principals and guidelines set forth by its members.

But this isn't revolutionary. Why do the big parties win elections? They have influence in their numbers and organization. Even the Ron Paul Campaign itself is an organization that people donated to and was created for a single purpose.

Unfortunately, there is no transparency in the campaign committee; there is no representation. They didn't tell everyone what the money was being spent on or what their complete marketing and political strategy was. There was not input into who would be hired and who wouldn't. Yet people donated to that organization blindly because they believed in a single leader.

This is not a third party. This is just the first step of producing the structure that will be REQUIRED if there will ever be ANY hope of overcoming the massive obstacles that have been placed before us.

me3
02-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Beautiful website ProServ.

The Proservative
02-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Beautiful website ProServ.

Well, it's just basic right now...but was adamant about the "Gold" backing :)

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Still going strong...

andrewk78
02-16-2008, 06:19 PM
What I would like to see is some sort of symbol. Something that I can make into a patch and be easily recognizable.
One thing that was so great about the primaries/caucuses is you saw someone with RP stuff on and you knew that you were two kindred spirits.

I dunno maybe a bad idea, or maybe good.

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 06:34 PM
What I would like to see is some sort of symbol. Something that I can make into a patch and be easily recognizable.
One thing that was so great about the primaries/caucuses is you saw someone with RP stuff on and you knew that you were two kindred spirits.

I dunno maybe a bad idea, or maybe good.

Nope, it's a GREAT idea :) I have a emblem for the movement, just touching it up. Nothing fancy, just a solid message, visual.

JoshLowry
02-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Check out www.RonPaulAmbassadors.com

Maybe you can help that organization out. They are setting up everything as a legal 501 org.

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 06:52 PM

Maybe you can help that organization out. They are setting up everything as a legal 501 org.

The "purpose" on the website is blank....do they have a purpose? :)

TruthAtLast
02-16-2008, 07:01 PM

the RonPaulAmbassadors is decent idea but there are a couple of issues.

1) there is a huge lack of information on the site and no transparency. The "get involved" page just as a link to some web banners. Maybe the site is in development. If that is the case, finish it before you begin promoting it. It is destroying your credibility.

2) I don't like the idea of tying any long-term strategy to any one person's name, including Ron Paul. Yes, we can promote Ron Paul and his ideas but if this is to be a long term political organization what good is the name "Ron Paul Ambassadors" 50 years from now? It also assumes that no other leader arises. This makes the entire organization seem temporary and lacking the ability to make any real impact.

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 07:06 PM
i decent idea but there are a couple of issues.

2) I don't like the idea of tying any long-term strategy to any one person's name, including Ron Paul. Yes, we can promote Ron Paul and his ideas but if this is to be a long term political organization what good is the name "Ron Paul Ambassadors" 50 years from now? It also assumes that no other leader arises. This makes the entire organization seem temporary and lacking the ability to make any real impact.

Hey Truth, you are speaking my language (Truth that is :) ) This is why we've adopted Ron Paul's ENTIRE platform, and launching the Proservative Movement based on that. As it stands now, when someone asks me right now where I stand politically, I tell them I'm a "Proservative Republican" or a Rep that completely supports Ron Paul and his platform.

This will ensure the movement continues beyond our Ron Paul Revolution, and spawns new similar revolutions for years, decades to come.

JosephTheLibertarian
02-16-2008, 07:13 PM
How about you join my organization? It's called FUCK GOVERNMENT

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 07:14 PM

Hey, what's up Jersey...you talk to your mother with that mouth? :)

JosephTheLibertarian
02-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey Truth, you are speaking my language (Truth that is :) ) This is why we've adopted Ron Paul's ENTIRE platform, and launching the Proservative Movement based on that. As it stands now, when someone asks me right now where I stand politically, I tell them I'm a "Proservative Republican" or a Rep that completely supports Ron Paul and his platform.

This will ensure the movement continues beyond our Ron Paul Revolution, and spawns new similar revolutions for years, decades to come.

You need some backbone. Do you know what you believe in yet?

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 07:17 PM
You need some backbone. Do you know what you believe in yet?

Yeah, we have it covered. And, we have plenty of backbone..stay tuned. Why don't you join and add more?

FYI, I'm from Jersey too.

JosephTheLibertarian
02-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah, we have it covered. And, we have plenty of backbone..stay tuned. Why don't you join and add more?

FYI, I'm from Jersey too.

I'm not pro-life. I'm pro-state's rights. But at the state level.... "pro-choice."

I'm a libertarian/anarchist/voluntaryist

andrewk78
02-16-2008, 07:23 PM
I used to be very anti-government and was big on taking down the establishment, but honestly that cannot happen.
We need to get organized under ONE banner and get on the inside and change it from within.

JosephTheLibertarian
02-16-2008, 07:26 PM
We don't need government if people would learn self-government. But hey, I agree enough (poliically) with this organization to be apart of it. If you're from NJ, why does it say LA? Traitor ;)

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm not pro-life. I'm pro-state's rights. But at the state level.... "pro-choice."

Yeah, that's a conflict. I do agree it's a state issue, however on the state and local, we'll be backing a Pro-Life agenda, putting the right people in office to try abortion cases as murder.

Again, Proservatives adhere completely to Ron Paul's platform, including Pro-Life. This is one of the reasons I have the utmost respect for Ron Paul. At no time in his campaign has he used a religious argument for his Pro-Life stance. Although its true his religious background coincides with the Pro-Life stance, as a politician and a political platform where religion is left out, Dr. Paul successfully makes the argument for life beginning at conception on a SCIENTIFIC basis, as a Doctor and not a man of faith. This is why we, as Proservatives, not affliliated with any Religious organization, will remain firm on our Pro-Life stance.

Proservatives firmly believe in the Constitution and that ALL people are entitled to equal rights, no matter what color, race, religion, etc. That classification includes age as well as mental state, and thus INCLUDES THE UNBORN. The unborn are equal to any other class of person and thus entitled to the same rights as all Americans.

That's why, in my opinion, the Libertarian party has fell apart. Ron Paul brought his message of Pro-Life to the Libertarian party in 1988, and ripped the party apart. The Libertarian party couldn't handle Ron Paul's COMPLETE message, and thus, fell apart. We, as Proservatives, have accepted the added responsibility of protecting our most vulnerable class of citizens, the American Unborn, and will fight until their rights are fully restored.

JosephTheLibertarian
02-16-2008, 07:36 PM
lol. I don't think it's any of anyone's business what someone does with their own body.

TruthAtLast
02-16-2008, 07:39 PM

give me some information, and a website and I'll consider it. :D

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 07:44 PM
lol. I don't think it's any of anyone's business what someone does with their own body.

Wait until its your unborn child, then we'll talk. Keep "thinkin"...

Malakai0
02-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Name sounds like poo

Why not just be Ron Paul Republicans, ie actual conservatives?

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Name sounds like poo

Why not just be Ron Paul Republicans, ie actual conservatives?

You said poo...

The reason is that the man, Ron Paul, is unfortunately only a man, and is human. What is truly important is his ideas, his platform and that they live on beyond and above any one person = Proservative

I thought I was an "actual" conservative until Ron Paul came along, made me realize how different we all are from Republican conservatives. When they ignored him during the Republican debates, they ignored us. Laughed at him, laughed at us. Fought him, fought us.

This aggression will not stand, we are Ron Paul Revolutionaries, Proservatives.

Cowlesy
02-16-2008, 08:13 PM

Become a part of www.RonPaulAmbassadors.com like josh noted above. They've already got a headstart on this and it'd help for us to bulk up the ranks.

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I'd be interested if there was a "purpose" :
http://ronpaulambassadors.com/ourpurpose.asp

Blank Page...

Not off to a good start.

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Become a part of www.RonPaulAmbassadors.com like josh noted above. They've already got a headstart on this and it'd help for us to bulk up the ranks.

Also, what's a "non-profit" doing using a ".com" domain name? Sounds like their hearts are set on a "commercial" agenda.

Exarel
02-16-2008, 08:45 PM
The concept is good but it needs structure. Organizers from all 50 states need to form a board of directors to establish offical policies, campagin strategies, criteria for support, fund raising guidlines, organization bylaws, and substructures including district and precinct leaders.

Dr Paul was trying to get 180,000 precinct leaders. One for every precinct in the country. We weren't able to in such a short time but that is the type of central grassroots structure we need.

Additionally, information needs to be pulled together how the delegate system works for each state since that is often very confusing to people. Then make a list of guidelines of how to become a delegate and the process that is involved for each district or country in each state.

Compiling information and providing structure and communication should be the #1 goal. The #2 goal should be to solidify a re-occuring funding system NOT based on Money bombs but on subscription donations. There would need to be COMPLETE transparency in funds raised and a PAC would need to be formed which isn't very difficult to do.

I agree that I don't like the name.

I do however have a domain name and own a rack of servers that you can use that may be better. I have done nothing with it yet but have had plans of doing a similar organization as I described above. The domain is www. TakeBackYourCountry .com

+100

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Transparency will be at the core of everything we do. Any contributions will be posted along with expenditures, think General Ledger available on the website.

There is no hiding in this "Age of Transparency" and I wouldn't have it any other way. The cream will rise, and people will see the truth, who is bs and who is not.

JosephTheLibertarian
02-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Wait until its your unborn child, then we'll talk. Keep "thinkin"...

Wait until it's mine? No girlfriend of mine would go that route. It's typically the guy that forces (err pressures) the woman do that anyway

The Proservative
02-17-2008, 04:05 AM
Wait until it's mine? No girlfriend of mine would go that route. It's typically the guy that forces (err pressures) the woman do that anyway

This guy fought for the life of his unborn child, but, unfortunately due to the laws on the books, I had no legal recourse and ultimately had my unborn child murdered. The laws need to be updated to give our unborn brothers and sisters the same legal protection as every other American citizen. There are no "third-class" citizens according to our precious Constitution.

JosephTheLibertarian
02-17-2008, 02:43 PM
This guy fought for the life of his unborn child, but, unfortunately due to the laws on the books, I had no legal recourse and ultimately had my unborn child murdered. The laws need to be updated to give our unborn brothers and sisters the same legal protection as every other American citizen. There are no "third-class" citizens according to our precious Constitution.

What guy? You? Well, I guess the sex shouldn't have been rushed into.

The Proservative
02-17-2008, 03:49 PM
What guy? You? Well, I guess the sex shouldn't have been rushed into.

:) So, yeah, were Pro-Life down to the core, to the local level, protecting the freedoms of EVERY American, unborn included.

Ladiliberty
02-18-2008, 11:56 AM
:) So, yeah, were Pro-Life down to the core, to the local level, protecting the freedoms of EVERY American, unborn included.

Isn't that contrary to RP ideology? Under his thought process it is a state issue, not a fed issue and some states will set more strict guidelines than others... Abortion should never be 100% illegal Nationwide. JMHO

The Proservative
02-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Isn't that contrary to RP ideology? Under his thought process it is a state issue, not a fed issue and some states will set more strict guidelines than others.

Ron Paul, running for the United States Presidency, is against any Federal Law for or against Abortion. Ron Paul, the Congressman, is completely behind a PRO-LIFE agenda, and has introduced numerous legislation to outlaw abortion, including a proposal to make an Amendment to the Constitution outlawing abortion, giving equal rights to ALL American citizens, of all class, race, religion, and age, INCLUDING THE UNBORN class of citizen.

As Proservatives, we are fully behind the notion of including the unborn as a FIRST-CLASS citizen of our United States and will support any and all legislation and candidates in line with the COMPLETE Ron Paul political platform.

Beware political/civic efforts being labeled "Ron Paul" inspired if they forget to include one of the most vital constructs of his political platform.