PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulRacing.com finally has a video of Kenny Wallace!!!

phoenixzorn
02-14-2008, 08:29 PM
http://www.ronpaulracing.com has a video on their site of Kenny Wallace holding a piece of notebook paper on the side of the car and he says "This is where the Ron Paul sign will go!!" Please note that the real signage will be 18"x12", not the size of a piece of notebook paper.

The graphics for both cars and the car haulers have gone to the print shop today and will be ready to apply on the car as soon as we have completed the $100,000 donations.

The site needs about 3800 people to donate $20.00 each, and then we'll have the best form of advertising in the country, short of running a Super Bowl Commercial. It's not that hard to do people... We've had 20,000 donations in a single day.... Let's get the word out... we all know it's not about the man anymore, it's about the message, so support the message, and stop worrying about whether this will get Ron more votes.

Joseph Hart
02-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Reason why he didnt stick it on is because they print the entire wrap at once for all decals. Keeps the surface smoother for aerodynamics.

Joseph Hart
02-14-2008, 08:34 PM
BTW Ill be donating when i get my next check. Im poor

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 08:54 PM
300 Gs for what?
Surely this should be a car wrap.
If it is that little tag then I have to say not worth it.
Are we looking at the sites display(full body wrap) or are we talking abour an 18" x 12"
WTF...clarification please by the sponsors.

ToryNotion
02-14-2008, 09:01 PM
http://www.ronpaulracing.com has a video on their site of Kenny Wallace holding a piece of notebook paper on the side of the car and he says "This is where the Ron Paul sign will go!!" Please note that the real signage will be 18"x12", not the size of a piece of notebook paper.

The graphics for both cars and the car haulers have gone to the print shop today and will be ready to apply on the car as soon as we have completed the $100,000 donations.

The site needs about 3800 people to donate $20.00 each, and then we'll have the best form of advertising in the country, short of running a Super Bowl Commercial. It's not that hard to do people... We've had 20,000 donations in a single day.... Let's get the word out... we all know it's not about the man anymore, it's about the message, so support the message, and stop worrying about whether this will get Ron more votes.

Is there a picture on the site of the decal? What does it say?

Joseph Hart
02-14-2008, 09:12 PM
These guys are unclear about the decal and how much money will get what. I dont think its a scam.

Jeremy
02-14-2008, 09:14 PM
300 Gs for what?
Surely this should be a car wrap.
If it is that little tag then I have to say not worth it.
Are we looking at the sites display(full body wrap) or are we talking abour an 18" x 12"
WTF...clarification please by the sponsors.

They said 300k would be a full car ;)

Kathleen_Hanover
02-14-2008, 09:42 PM
To clarify, details of the sponsorship are posted on this page (http://www.ronpaulracing.com/whatitsworth.php) at www.ronpaulracing.com.

The deal is for Associate Major Sponsorship of Fitz Motorsports' #36 (driven by Kenny Wallace) and #22 (driven by Mike Bliss) in the Nationwide Series (formerly known as the Busch Series.) We never stated it was for the entire car (the illustration on the website is our "wildest dream" fantasy--price tag $6 million).

Major Sponsorship (i.e. covering the whole car) is $6 million per car per season. However, there are a few races this year where Kenny's car does not have a major sponsor signed up. In those cases, we could cover the entire car for $150,000 per race.

We do have logo placement on both cars, but by far, the most important part of the deal is having Ron Paul supporter Kenny Wallace on TV twice a week as a host on The Speed Channel. This sponsorship deal gives us nearly 40 weeks of 4+ hours of TV coverage per week for Ron Paul and his message, and we don't have to go through the News Desk to get it. :)

We also get use of the Show Cars for special events (like perhaps the March on Washington or the Texas Primary?)

Stop by www.ronpaulracing.com. We're doing a lot of site upgrades in the next couple of days and putting up a lot of fresh content, including a FAQ.

Thanks for your support!

Kathleen Hanover
Communications Director
Liberty Racing PAC

freedomintheusa
02-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Is there a picture on the site of the decal? What does it say?

There is a picture of the decal posted on the home page of the site.

Logistics
02-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Yet again ill ask; Why doesnt the campaign do creative stuff like this? Surely they could pay for this with no problem.

Jeremy
02-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Yet again ill ask; Why doesnt the campaign do creative stuff like this? Surely they could pay for this with no problem.

I'm not sure if that's allowed

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 10:32 PM
To clarify, details of the sponsorship are posted on this page (http://www.ronpaulracing.com/whatitsworth.php) at www.ronpaulracing.com.

The deal is for Associate Major Sponsorship of Fitz Motorsports' #36 (driven by Kenny Wallace) and #22 (driven by Mike Bliss) in the Nationwide Series (formerly known as the Busch Series.) We never stated it was for the entire car (the illustration on the website is our "wildest dream" fantasy--price tag $6 million).

Major Sponsorship (i.e. covering the whole car) is $6 million per car per season. However, there are a few races this year where Kenny's car does not have a major sponsor signed up. In those cases, we could cover the entire car for $150,000 per race.

We do have logo placement on both cars, but by far, the most important part of the deal is having Ron Paul supporter Kenny Wallace on TV twice a week as a host on The Speed Channel. This sponsorship deal gives us nearly 40 weeks of 4+ hours of TV coverage per week for Ron Paul and his message, and we don't have to go through the News Desk to get it. :)

We also get use of the Show Cars for special events (like perhaps the March on Washington or the Texas Primary?)

Stop by www.ronpaulracing.com. We're doing a lot of site upgrades in the next couple of days and putting up a lot of fresh content, including a FAQ.

Thanks for your support!

Kathleen Hanover
Communications Director
Liberty Racing PAC

OK then why wasn't it advertised on site that it would cost 6 Million for a wrap. I know racing and I am sorry, if 300gs is only going to get a 18 x 12 and a "chance" for a larger, then I just don't see it. The bigger picture is that I won't see IT.
O.K. great to have a spokesman....but what will that give us? Will he commit to talking Ron Paul 100% of the miniscule time he is on air to RP? His job is racing not politics. If he pushes Ron Paul they will exclude him. Simple.
With RPs' texas re-election and the national show please convince me that this is worth donateing to.

slacker921
02-14-2008, 10:34 PM
"Surely they could pay for this with no problem." ... or.. for the same price they could run TV ads throughout NC (or some other state) for weeks and give it a good boost.. but they won't.

Having Kenny Wallace talking about Ron Paul would be a good thing imho... especially when late April rolls around and Paul is in NC. Having a few NASCAR folks on stage with him would go a long way. It's a bargain people, even if I don't agree with it (I'd rather see tv ads..) I can see that getting a spokesperson for that rate is a bargain. You don't pay for the sticker on the car - you pay for people (the driver, the crew chief, the owner) to talk about you in front of a huge audience.

freedomintheusa
02-14-2008, 10:37 PM
This will be a great way to bring in new donations to the money bomb for Monday..

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 10:39 PM
"Surely they could pay for this with no problem." ... or.. for the same price they could run TV ads throughout NC (or some other state) for weeks and give it a good boost.. but they won't.

Having Kenny Wallace talking about Ron Paul would be a good thing imho... especially when late April rolls around and Paul is in NC. Having a few NASCAR folks on stage with him would go a long way. It's a bargain people, even if I don't agree with it (I'd rather see tv ads..) I can see that getting a spokesperson for that rate is a bargain. You don't pay for the sticker on the car - you pay for people (the driver, the crew chief, the owner) to talk about you in front of a huge audience.

I'm in agreement...but what is their contractual obligations to support Ron Paul?
How their car is "dressed" is one thng. Do they support him in thier own mind and in front of others is the most important.

Penners
02-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Before Kenny Wallace speaks about Ron Paul he better practice. The small audio was awful. Sounded like he knew nothing about Ron Paul and no enthusiasm at all.
My 2 cents

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Before Kenny Wallace speaks about Ron Paul he better practice. The small audio was awful. Sounded like he knew nothing about Ron Paul and no enthusiasm at all.
My 2 cents

My point exactly. Thank you. Sounds like the racers are just out to get some of the Ron Paul gold....

Give me Big Daddy Garlitz!

phoenixzorn
02-14-2008, 11:13 PM
I made this the other day, just for shiggles to see what it might look like. Of course, my mock-up is not in the same place that Kenny showed where the sign would be, but this should give you an idea of how big the Ron Paul Advertisement will be. And yes, it will be a full body wrap... they make a new one for each race, and recover the entire car each week. That means one week we could have a 18"x12" banner, and the next week we could toss in $150,000 and get the whole car done in Ron Paul advertising.

http://bay01.imagebay.com/_upload/img/28/ronpalcar2.jpg

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 11:32 PM
I made this the other day, just for shiggles to see what it might look like. Of course, my mock-up is not in the same place that Kenny showed where the sign would be, but this should give you an idea of how big the Ron Paul Advertisement will be. And yes, it will be a full body wrap... they make a new one for each race, and recover the entire car each week. That means one week we could have a 18"x12" banner, and the next week we could toss in $150,000 and get the whole car done in Ron Paul advertising.

http://bay01.imagebay.com/_upload/img/28/ronpalcar2.jpg

Thats great..but I'm still not buying it. One week this...one week that?
To me it's more about the racer...will Kenny give us the love. A bigger question..if he has the love what deals?
I'm sorry this redneck republicans luv racin' isn't cutting it for me. Unless the driver approached us...or has specifically called out his endorsement..then he is just a paid shill!
Why don't we just give 300gs to Brittany Spears to shout out "Ron Paul" during her next breakdown?
It'd give us more air play.

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Advocates for ron paul racing...I've asked for reasons why I should contribute.
Honestly I can't find any and no one has offered any.
Uncle Sam is gonna deposit money in my account that I've been lending him all year tomarrow.
It'll go to the texas canpaign and to the presidential bid.
Good luck.

Revolution9
02-15-2008, 12:57 AM
Kenny needs a primer on Dr Paul it seems.

best
Randy

ToryNotion
02-15-2008, 09:17 AM

You can chose your own answer from any combination of these choices: size of staff, size of task of running nation campaign, lack of imagination, focus on bang for buck, frugality, brilliance, incompetence, the list goes on.

ToryNotion
02-15-2008, 09:19 AM
My point exactly. Thank you. Sounds like the racers are just out to get some of the Ron Paul gold....

Give me Big Daddy Garlitz!

Big Daddy would do just fine until it came time to turn left. :D

ToryNotion
02-15-2008, 09:25 AM
re: endorsement, I think the general pubic gets uncomfortable when anyone in entertainment (and really all sports should be included in entertainment) goes to far afield or gets too enthusiastic in either politics or religion. Need I mention Tom Cruise or the Dixie Chicks? Until the check is in the bank and the sticker is on the car Kenny Wallace ain't going to go public in any meaningful way for Ron Paul. If you are in favor of the project then vote with your dollars.

Johncjackson
02-15-2008, 09:53 AM
About 2 million people watch this racing, not 75 million.

Johncjackson
02-15-2008, 09:55 AM

Because it's throwing money away.

Don't get me wrong, the campaign has done plenty WRONG. But most of these "creative" ideas are over-hyped.

Maybe I should start a company for advertising on the outfield walls of minor league baseball stadiums and say " reach 300 million baseball fans!"

pacelli
02-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Well, it looks like the campaign is actually paying for this stunt, according to the following article:

Presidential candidate Ron Paul bets on NASCAR odds and announces a season long sponsorship of Fits Motorsports' Kenny Wallace and Mike Bliss. The Daytona 500 is 3 days away and the presidential race comes to NASCAR. Ron Paul's sponsorship will last throughout the NASCAR season and will end in November like the candidates campaigns.

http://onlinesportshandicapping.com/news/news/nascar-news/ron-paul-bets-on-nascar-odds-by-sponsoring-kenny-wallace-and-mike-bliss-02-13-08.html

So it seems the campaign has already paid for a full season, according to this article. So why the push for more money from us?

RollOn2day
02-15-2008, 10:20 AM
I had an interesting conversation with a female security guard at a local sports bar yeseterday. She spontaneously stated that she liked the spot she had been assigned because she could watch the "Trial Runs" on several TV's that were close by.

Because of this effort by RonPaulRacing I couldn't help but be intrigued by her interest in car racing. So I asked her about her interest and she went on and on about who her favorite drivers were and stated each of there cars...by logo!...and her disappointment that her most favorite was the driver who drove the car with her favorite beer logo on it....Miller Lite! and for some reason he is not driving that car this season...(I think)

The point is that she IS aware of the logos. The further point is as I was watching the trials I realized how visable the logos were on the cars but.....only the logo on the hood was truly getting any air time.

Folks I think its either a full car wrap or nothing. As far as a driver/sponsor on a program dedicated to talking about car racing helping get the message of Ron Paul Freedom Peace and Prosperity out...I don't see it.

Does the driver of the TIDE car talk about how clean his clothes are when he gets interviewed? Does the driver of the HOME DEPOT car, talk about how helpful the HD empoyees are when he gets interviewed? Does the driver of the MILLER LITE car say "Less filling, taste great" when he gets interviewed?

Or do they talk about the close call in the 50th lap that almost took them out of the race?

Either wrap the car with the logo or there will be no exposure. These guys don't talk politics or anything other than racing news on the SPEED channel.

RollOn2day
02-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, it looks like the campaign is actually paying for this stunt, according to the following article:

http://onlinesportshandicapping.com/news/news/nascar-news/ron-paul-bets-on-nascar-odds-by-sponsoring-kenny-wallace-and-mike-bliss-02-13-08.html

So it seems the campaign has already paid for a full season, according to this article. So why the push for more money from us?

This article confuses the Official Ron Paul campaign with the grassroots effort known as RonPaulRacing.

RollOn2day
02-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Maybe I should start a company for advertising on the outfield walls of minor league baseball stadiums and say " reach 300 million baseball fans!"

300 Million! Wow count me in! Talk about exposure......:rolleyes:

ToryNotion
02-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I had an interesting conversation with a female security guard at a local sports bar yeseterday. She spontaneously stated that she liked the spot she had been assigned because she could watch the "Trial Runs" on several TV's that were close by.

Because of this effort by RonPaulRacing I couldn't help but be intrigued by her interest in car racing. So I asked her about her interest and she went on and on about who her favorite drivers were and stated each of there cars...by logo!...and her disappointment that her most favorite was the driver who drove the car with her favorite beer logo on it....Miller Lite! and for some reason he is not driving that car this season...(I think)

The point is that she IS aware of the logos. The further point is as I was watching the trials I realized how visable the logos were on the cars but.....only the logo on the hood was truly getting any air time.

Folks I think its either a full car wrap or nothing. As far as a driver/sponsor on a program dedicated to talking about car racing helping get the message of Ron Paul Freedom Peace and Prosperity out...I don't see it.

Does the driver of the TIDE car talk about how clean his clothes are when he gets interviewed? Does the driver of the HOME DEPOT car, talk about how helpful the HD empoyees are when he gets interviewed? Does the driver of the MILLER LITE car say "Less filling, taste great" when he gets interviewed?

Or do they talk about the close call in the 50th lap that almost took them out of the race?

Either wrap the car with the logo or there will be no exposure. These guys don't talk politics or anything other than racing news on the SPEED channel.

The drivers generally will mention the name of the primary sponsor like Denny Hamlin will say 'The FedEx Camry ran well today...'. Not every interview but at least one during the pre-race or post-race coverage. Believe me they are schooled on this and its part of getting the job. Driving talent is a main criteria in getting a ride but so is image and presentation. That is why a lot of older drivers are losing their rides. Team owners want a driver that will appeal to a wide spectrum of the audience such as Jeff Gordon. The driver will mention his primary sponsor when possible. They know who is buttering their bread.

RollOn2day
02-15-2008, 11:05 AM
The driver will mention his primary sponsor when possible. They know who is buttering their bread.

Thanks for the info as I am not a racing fan and don't know how they get to mention their sponsors. But it does validate my point. Are we trying to be a primary sponsor so that we get these types of mentions as a lesser sponsor does not get this type of verbal reinforcement?

Do you agree with me that the LOGO that is on the hood is the money seat? and the only one worth going after to accomplish the goal of Ron Paul exposure to the racing viewer?

ToryNotion
02-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info as I am not a racing fan and don't know how they get to mention their sponsors. But it does validate my point. Are we trying to be a primary sponsor so that we get these types of mentions as a lesser sponsor does not get this type of verbal reinforcement?

Do you agree with me that the LOGO that is on the hood is the money seat? and the only one worth going after to accomplish the goal of Ron Paul exposure to the racing viewer?

You are correct that a primary sponsorship would gain the most exposure both in the drivers communication and in the placement of the 'product' on the car. The target now is one level of sponsorship below that. I think the project organizers options got limited both in terms of available cars and available cash so they downsized.