PDA

View Full Version : I donīt really understand the lack of fundraising right now

m72mc
02-14-2008, 08:26 PM
We have gone from 1% in polls to now 10-20% exponential growth will mean much in the time to september and we know the delegate count in old media is wrong, we will have more delegates than that.
There is a big chance mccain wonīt have all he needs,
a lot can happen between now and then. for example there is rampant fraud in almost every voting area. If we can prove just one of them, it would alter everything.

and no matter the delegates anything can happen at the convention,
Paul knows this, thats why he goes forward. I trust his judgment.

Even if mccain would have all the delegates, if he is enough disliked by the people and they know about fraud....then can he still be nominated. I would not bet all my paper money on that. Ending a presidency ill liked is one thing, but starting that way ? hmm don't bet on it.

As I see it, our chances is much better now than ever before.

Donīt forget all these drop outs and endorsements, is just their way to try to make paul drop out before the convention. This tells me Ron should go on.

I hope you all get Hope again and fundraise DR Paul to keep him in this thing.

It ainīt over till the delegates vote at the convention.

doronster195
02-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Its seeming even less likely now that Romney has endorsed him. There goes his "unconservative" drawback out the window.

WilliamC
02-14-2008, 08:34 PM
I guess many of the new supporters aren't donating.

And many of us old timers may not be maxed out, but we've already donated far more than we can easily afford.

So all of you who just came into the cause in the last month or so, don't hesitate to put your money where your convictions are :)

The One
02-14-2008, 08:37 PM
It's the nature of campaigns. When they don't do well, the money dries up. That's why candidates who aren't doing well drop out. People just aren't willing to give up their hard-earned money if they don't think their candiate has a shot at winning.

Cowlesy
02-14-2008, 08:40 PM
It's the nature of campaigns. When they don't do well, the money dries up. That's why candidates who aren't doing well drop out. People just aren't willing to give up their hard-earned money if they don't think their candiate has a shot at winning.

Frankly The One, I think our campaign is doing well --- perhaps not from the perspective of our original goal at obtaining the Presidency (though it is clear a lot of things could happen to help us), but from the standpoint of promoting our message. People are clearly donating to our candidates who are in line with Ron Paul for Congress, who MANY of us KNOW have a CLEAR shot at winning their races.

The One
02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Frankly The One, I think our campaign is doing well --- perhaps not from the perspective of our original goal at obtaining the Presidency (though it is clear a lot of things could happen to help us), but from the standpoint of promoting our message. People are clearly donating to our candidates who are in line with Ron Paul for Congress, who MANY of us KNOW have a CLEAR shot at winning their races.

I think you took me the wrong way, but whatever. I wasn't celebrating the fact....I was just acknowledging the reality of the way things go in campaigns.

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I guess many of the new supporters aren't donating.

And many of us old timers may not be maxed out, but we've already donated far more than we can easily afford.

So all of you who just came into the cause in the last month or so, don't hesitate to put your money where your convictions are :)

True. I've not maxed, but will give my bucks to Ron Pauls congressional bid over the next couple of weeks. For all that he has sacrificed I can't let him down on this. If he is not President then at least he is in there in Congress.
I'm not rich. I've not maxed. I HAVE given more than I would have ever thought I would've given. Before a presidential money-bomb I'm goving to help him keep his seat.
And from there....Ron Paul Republicans!

PrayToday
02-14-2008, 08:46 PM
This has been yet another day with at least fifty new donors at the HQ site. The number of both precint leaders and total precints went up today. Consider that the money is now being split in a lot of different directions: many people say they are concentrating donations on the congressional race, which has raised a few hundred thousand dollars; there's been a push to get a billboard up in Austin; there's the Ron Paul racing league; there are new grassroots projects every day now, it seems. Some people have reported saving for the Presidents Day money bomb.

Not to say there are no money concerns. The longevity of this campaign will obviously depend on how well they stretch out the dollars they receive from J&J Q Public, since there's no PAC money coming their way. With the staff scaled back after Super Tuesday, money should go farther than it did before.

m72mc
02-14-2008, 08:51 PM
I see your points, but whatever be optimistic all money he raises will go toward the fight for your freedom, whether long or short term.

And I love you all freedom fighters..

nate895
02-14-2008, 08:52 PM
What I really don't understand is all the people giving to Huckabee. He set a goal of $1,500,000 by 3/4, and it looks like he could get that by next Tuesday.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Hate to say it, but we might even have a hard time keeping Ron Paul in until the convention if the fundraising doesn't pick up a little again. Today, we're barely even breaking the $10,000 mark for both the 2008 President campaign and Congressional re-election one combined.

If this dismal rate keeps up for three or four weeks, the campaign will be on a shoestring budge and dangerously close to debt, which is the one thing that would probably cause Dr. Paul to drop.

PrayToday
02-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Hate to say it, but we might even have a hard time keeping Ron Paul in until the convention if the fundraising doesn't pick up a little again. Today, we're barely even breaking the $10,000 mark for both the 2008 President campaign and Congressional re-election one combined.

If this dismal rate keeps up for three or four weeks, the campaign will be on a shoestring budge and dangerously close to debt, which is the one thing that would probably cause Dr. Paul to drop.

Has he ever mentioned the prospect of spending his own money in the campaign? Maybe he already is, I don't know...

gracebkr
02-14-2008, 08:55 PM
I have not been able to get on Ron Paul's site since prior to Super Tuesday. If I get on a back way the next time I try I can't do it again and I have gone there every way possible. The widgets don't work for me either. I have complained about this a lot, but I guess it is not serious if people can't get on. <sarcasm> Maybe that's why donations have gone down. People are not even able to get on his site.

m72mc
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
We need to instill some hope and positivity again then

I am sure ron has plans as long the money keeps coming, he said so himself.
he has been in this fight for 20+years, he never quits, and we just started.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
What I really don't understand is all the people giving to Huckabee. He set a goal of $1,500,000 by 3/4, and it looks like he could get that by next Tuesday.

Huck is viewed as the "legit" protest vote to McCain by the disgruntled conservatives in the party. His pro-war stance probably helps him a good bit, since we've realized more and more from the start of these elections just how many warmongering scumbags there still are in the GOP.

m72mc
02-14-2008, 08:59 PM
I have not been able to get on Ron Paul's site since prior to Super Tuesday. If I get on a back way the next time I try I can't do it again and I have gone there every way possible. The widgets don't work for me either. I have complained about this a lot, but I guess it is not serious if people can't get on. <sarcasm> Maybe that's why donations have gone down. People are not even able to get on his site.

that sounds disturbing if its true for many, especially new donors. It should be addressed with HQ.

PrayToday
02-14-2008, 08:59 PM

Mods should sticky the snailmail address for campaign donations:

837 W. Plantation Dr.
Clute, TX 77531

kigol
02-14-2008, 09:01 PM

pretty much.

purplechoe
02-14-2008, 09:03 PM
I've maxed out long ago. I'm donating $ now for his congressional run. We should try to raise about $500k to make sure Dr. Paul is able to keep his seat. You know that the GOP would love to get rid off him and can you imagine how the media would jump all over that story? We should do all we can to make sure he keeps his seat in congress as well as going forward in trying to get him into the white house.

Carole
02-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Just want to add that we continue daily to attract new donors. It seems that we have been daily having anywhere from 25% to 40% new donors. Today 89% new donors.

Is not this telling us that in spite of our situtation, new people are flocking to our campaign? Could these be Republicans disatisfied with McInSane?

Maybe we should be showing a higher level of support among the faithful? Think about it.

Feb 14 2008
$5,453 total raised today
89 donations today
61 donors
54 new donors

89% new donors

PrayToday
02-14-2008, 09:14 PM

Does anyone have an idea how much it costs to run a campaign like this, day-to-day? Can he keep going on $5K/day?

pinkmandy
02-14-2008, 09:15 PM
If I had more money I'd be donating asap. When tax return money gets deposited, I am donating.

Carole
02-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Ditto

m72mc
02-14-2008, 09:21 PM
and use the tax rebate to go to the rally..

Carole
02-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Use a different browser. Maybe your present browser is blocking his site.

PrayToday
02-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Try using the IP address in your browser address field: http://74.205.85.12/

If you're dealing with a DNS problem, you might be able to get in with the IP address.

gracebkr
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM

If you're dealing with a DNS problem, you might be able to get in with the IP address.

It works this way. For now. Still doesn't help the others who might be experiencing the same thing. I doubt I am the only one who got a Ron Paul virus.

JimInNY
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM

I am going to try and put RonPaul2008 into an iframe on one of my sites. Maybe you can get there from that? I'll post the link here when it's done. It won't be on a political site though. :)

Just for the record, why can't you get there? Is your isp blocking it? Or is it your work network blocking it?

DeafPalmdale
02-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Some may be waiting for tax refund and tax rebate and they will donote some more $$$. Seems like some are "wait and see" how the votes go in next few weeks.

gracebkr
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM

Its not showing the donation total or the precinct total. I am afraid to donate. I will have to mail, but assure everyone, I am not the only one who is having these problems.

gracebkr
02-14-2008, 09:40 PM
I am going to try and put RonPaul2008 into an iframe on one of my sites. Maybe you can get there from that? I'll post the link here when it's done. It won't be on a political site though. :)

Just for the record, why can't you get there? Is your isp blocking it? Or is it your work network blocking it?

I called my provider and they say it is not them and I am at home. I think it is a virus of sorts.

JimInNY
02-14-2008, 09:42 PM
An alternate way to view RP2008, maybe:

http://black-denim-jacket.com/iframe.html