PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana delegates Saturday 2/16

IcyPeaceMaker
02-14-2008, 07:53 PM
I have this posted in Grassroots Main, but I believe it is important enough to post here too for a day or two.

2/14/2008
Hey Guys,

I have a couple of important announcements:

1) Alternates:

Almost all of the alternates elected statewide were Ron Paul alternates. I fear that many people may have put their name down as an alternate and assumed that was the end of the story. The fact of the matter is that we need each and every alternate that was elected to physically be at the state convention. There is a good chance that a few of the delegates that were elected may not show and our alternates need to be there to step into those positions.

2) Delegates

Friday, (tomorrow) at 2 PM we will be going before the credentials committee and arguing our case and expounding on our complaints against the party. We will clearly explain all three of our complaints/ reasons that the party violated their own rules. Ultimately, we will simply be demanding that the party count ALL of the provisional ballots regardless of part affiliation. If that means that a few people who weren't Republicans have their votes counted in the mix that's the party's own fault. The only reason hundreds more Ron Paul supporters didn't change their voter registration in time is because the party failed to follow their own rules and announce that there was a deadline.

The bottom line is this: if we get what we want dozens more of our delegates will be elected. If that happens they will need to be at the state convention Saturday.

Here is what I need all of you to do:

a. Please contact all of the alternates that were elected in your district and verify that they will be attending the state convention this Saturday.
b. Please contact all of the delegates that were NOT elected and tell them to please try to stay free Saturday because there is a possibility we will call them and need them to come to the convention.

This is very important! Please help me in this endeavour.

Thanks!

--
Andrew Axsom
Louisiana Field Director
Ron Paul 2008
www.ronpaul2008.com
318-332-2225

Change
02-14-2008, 08:16 PM
go andrew, go andrew! great job! maybe post also in local meet up groups!

IcyPeaceMaker
02-14-2008, 08:18 PM
I looked for winning Louisiana, but it was taken down prematurely.

slacker921
02-14-2008, 08:51 PM
*bump* it's good to hear this is being followed up on.. get those alternates to the convention. :) thanks.

IcyPeaceMaker
02-14-2008, 09:17 PM
*bump* it's good to hear this is being followed up on.. get those alternates to the convention. :) thanks.

Alternates hell! I want my spot those assholes stole from me. I want my say in this farce.

bjrnet
02-15-2008, 08:50 AM
bump

freelance
02-15-2008, 08:56 AM
bump

freelance
02-15-2008, 08:57 AM
I looked for winning Louisiana, but it was taken down prematurely.

Here ya go:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156

kathy88
02-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Bump.

THIS IS SO IMPORTANT.

IcyPeaceMaker
02-15-2008, 12:06 PM
bump

tommyzDad
02-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Bump! Go, LA, go!

steve254
02-15-2008, 12:14 PM
bump

Henry
02-15-2008, 12:39 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

IcyPeaceMaker
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I just spoke with Andrew, the LAGOP decided to dismiss the complaints. The campaign is in a strategy session as we speak, determining what the next move will be. Andrew said he would let us know something asap, but he may not be able to give away the plan online.

IcyPeaceMaker
02-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Alright so tomorrow is the LA State GOP Convention at 9AM in front of the Old State Capital.

We need everybody and their mama to be there.

Andrew called me a few minutes ago to tell me this:

The lawsuit over the Caucus delegates is about to get very very heated tomorrow. When we filed and spoke to the correct committee about the voter fraud at the Caucus,in a somewhat nice way, they pretty much said screw ya'll we don't care what ya'll say or what you think we have our own agenda. This is total BS!!! They are trying to wipe us under the rug and not let our voices be heard! They think they can push us around as if we will not push back. Let me tell you that we are ready to push back in full force and make sure we are heard!!! We told them that either they give us 10-15 delegates to go to the National Convention or we will take them to court! They have broken so many party rules that its getting close to Bush's war crimes tally. We saw them ripping up votes in the Caucus, they pushed deadlines back illegally, and countless others. We would rip them a new one if we brought them to court. Now the funny part. This is how we bend the LA GOP bigwigs over and make them do what we want lol. If we take them to court we would be taking the whole LA GOP delegate slate to court. It is stated in National party Rules that ANY delegate that is involved in a lawsuit over voting can NOT be on any national Committee. Do you know what that means? It means all the big LA GOP's would not be able to carry out a substantial amount of their agenda. We would strip them of their power and bring them to their knees! Also it says if they do not listen to us and won't let our voices be heard then under National party Rules we can hold our own State Convention and vote our own delegates!!! The time is NOW to ROCK the establishment!!! We need as many people as possible to attend this convention! It is open to the public so anyone can come. Please bring anyone and everyone you know. The news will most probably will be there and we must show that we mean business!!! The time is NOW! We must act NOW! This is the last time we can be heard publicly for our cause that we have been fighting for these past few months. This is not in anyway just about Ron Paul. He was our goal, but the real reason we have been fighting is because of the idea of FREEDOM! Our PRIVACY! To END the WAR! We must show them that the way our country is heading is not acceptable to us and most of America. I ask you tonight my brothers and sisters to JOIN ME tomorrow in the rEVOLution, that we have started, to voice our cause and stand up for what we believe in. This could be a very heated convention so be ready with your game faces on to ROCK THIS CONVENTION!!!!!!!!

tommyzDad
02-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Good luck, IcyPeaceMaker!!

123tim
02-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Bump

CJLauderdale4
02-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Gotta do it for us Louisiana!!
I'm actually proud to call LA home now. When it came to politics, I never thought my home state ever had a credible chance of doing something like this!!

Bump for possibly Ron Paul's first outright state WIN!!!

Vooch
02-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Honor and Courage RP LA !