PDA

View Full Version : Intel chair to Bush on FISA: I will not back down to you

Vendico
02-14-2008, 07:35 PM
"I, for one, do not intend to back down – not to the terrorists and not to anyone, including a President, who wants Americans to cower in fear."

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Intel_chair_to_Bush_on_FISA_0214.html

Perium
02-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Thank god we have someone that believes we shouldn't suspend the constitution in a promenet position in the house.

an.old.analyst
02-14-2008, 07:47 PM
There has to be a hidden agenda here some where, but I'm just not seeing it yet. For the life of me, I don't believe that a Congressional member would have the backbone to write such a statement if there were not some ulterior motive. Keep a close eye on this and report all details. They'll be a giveaway somewhere.

michaelwise
02-14-2008, 07:50 PM
And the letter closes with this paragraph;

We are a strong nation. We cannot allow ourselves to be scared into suspending the Constitution. If we do that, we might as well call the terrorists and tell them that they have won.

Mystile
02-14-2008, 08:20 PM
am I the only one that thought it was going to be about the computer chip company?

WilliamC
02-14-2008, 08:30 PM
am I the only one that thought it was going to be about the computer chip company?

In that case the title of the thread would be

Intel chair to Bush on FDOS: I will not back you up

Banana
02-14-2008, 09:55 PM
There has to be a hidden agenda here some where, but I'm just not seeing it yet. For the life of me, I don't believe that a Congressional member would have the backbone to write such a statement if there were not some ulterior motive. Keep a close eye on this and report all details. They'll be a giveaway somewhere.

Admittedly, I thought it curious that all while last four or so years, there have been rumbling of impeachment and outrage over the administration's audacity, and all of sudden we're getting tough on a lame duck president? :confused:

Xenophage
02-14-2008, 10:11 PM
It was a good letter. Interesting read.

PauliticsPolitics
02-14-2008, 10:14 PM
i approve

sgrooms
02-14-2008, 10:16 PM

hahaha i thought the same thing

PauliticsPolitics
02-14-2008, 10:20 PM

oh i see, so it looks like the nsa will be switching to AMD chips for their spy machines now. ;)

apc3161
02-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Wow, that was good. Everyone send him a letter saying that we are happy and approve!

mexicanpizza
02-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Where's his email!!! Wow. There is someone left besides RP!

Nevermind, it's here http://wwwc.house.gov/reyes/voice_your_opinion.asp

Gotta enter a 16th district zip code to use the form. Use El Paso, TX 79901

My note:

Congressman Reyes,

I am from California, so unfortunately I had to engage in a bit of deception to get the chance to send you this email. Please accept my apologies.

I am writing to let you know that I am extremely pleased with your recent letter to President Bush regarding his unconstitutional power grabs. It is inspiring to know that there are still other members of Congress who value the Constitution as much as Ron Paul.

Please know that I will always remember this action that defines you as a true American, unlike the vast majority of your colleagues.

Best,
Me , Ph.D.

Goldwater Conservative
02-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Even the powers that the Democrats are comfortable with the government having scare the crap out of me. Republicans don't trust the government with their money or their guns, so I don't see why they can trust it with their privacy or personal property. All conservatives should be up in arms about this.

Anyway, I'm glad to see a brave soul other than the likes of Paul and Kucinich, but I wonder how long it'll take for this Congressman to be torn down as "unpatriotic" and "kooky," just like the good doctor has been maligned. :rolleyes:

nodope0695
02-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Now that's telling him!! I'm glad there are still those in office who respect our civil rights.

tamor
02-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Anyone know the update on the FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) bill -- it expired on Feb 1st, was given a 2 week extension for the House to approve it (the Senate already has). Last I heard this afternoon the House Demos were fighting it and were going to let it expire. anyone know what happened?

nodope0695
02-14-2008, 11:55 PM
bump

AlbemarleNC0003
02-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Fuck yeah! Finally. This needs to be published in every newspaper in the country.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Anyone know the update on the FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) bill -- it expired on Feb 1st, was given a 2 week extension for the House to approve it (the Senate already has). Last I heard this afternoon the House Demos were fighting it and were going to let it expire. anyone know what happened?

They didn't pass the House version today. The Senate passed theirs with immunity.

zach
02-15-2008, 12:36 AM
is this the thing where that group of people walked out of the capitol building?

N13
02-15-2008, 12:41 AM
That's a great letter, but I'm afraid that GW's attention span could not endure that much writing and thinking.

Revolution9
02-15-2008, 12:45 AM
bump to move down drolldonkeys posts off the board till the mods get here..

Randy

Revolution9
02-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Bush is certified crazy today. along with bozo the drooldonkey who s having a psychotic episode on the board. so..

bump to move down drolldonkeys posts off the board till the mods get here..

Randy

Ex Post Facto
02-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Wow...finally someone with balls besides Paul. Conyers said recently there is enough to impeach Bush and Cheney, they said they had to be smart about it. I think this recent charge of contempt on his administration is just the start of something to unfold. A master plan if you will. And I for one cannot wait.

Gtex
02-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Pretty awesome news.