PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Ron Paul should run as an independant for his house seat

njandrewg
02-14-2008, 07:17 PM
or liberterian. I mean think about it, the Republican party loyalists want to screw him over anyways(hell on hannity forums they are promoting that piden guy to help him defeat Paul in the primaries. So why not run as a 3rd party, denounce both parties for pro-big government

He'll have a few advantages:
a) running for re-election
b) 10 years as their congressman so people know him
c) will have the campaign coffers and grassroots
d) will have the added exposure in the media, won't have problems with debates since he is a household name there
e) gets to shame the GOP for nominating McCain

Hell the RNC is going to back a democrat against him again anyways(hell go to the piden's guys endorsements and they are essentially calling Ron as democrat), so why not give the GOP a big middle finger and win the district as an independent.

literatim
02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
I am really getting tired of these threads.

stewie3128
02-14-2008, 07:30 PM
I am really getting tired of these threads.

Me too. Let them run the campaign the way they need to run it to win.

Ron's Congressional seat isn't a national election - the only people who get to vote in that election are the people in his district, and most of them know Ron well enough to want to re-elect him.

fedup100
02-14-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm not, I think it's a stellar idea. I also think he would win third party........no, nothing will change my mind. So for all of you that think it is O.K. for Paul to just go home and be a congressman, you need to ponder your allegiance.

He is one of a kind and too old to run in 4 years. It is now or never. And never will be here if he isn't elected. You get no second chances. He either runs third party or he throws the revolution and it's momentum away.