PDA

View Full Version : Satire: Ron paul march in japan

kirkblitz
02-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Japan's fearless mice organize 'Million Mouse March' for Ron Paul

Japan's fearless mice are planning a July 4, 2008 march on Tokyo in a show of support for US GOP candidate Ron Paul, it was announced today. The goal of the march is to generate publicity for the Paul campaign before the primary convention later this year.

Japanese Prime Minister Benron called for the "Million Mouse March" after fearlessly criticizing the US media for purposely ignoring Paul.

The story of the mice began last December, when about a thousand mutant mice escaped from Professor Ko Kobayakawa's laboratory in Tokyo University. The mice had been genetically modifed with Kobayakawa's DNA to help them overcome their fear of cats. The professor is an enthusiastic supporter of Paul and so the mutant mice inherited the characteristics of a typical Paul supporter, such as the ability to mobilize, energize and organize for a noble cause. The mice are also skilled at using the Internet, and communicate with humans by e-mail since they lack vocal cords.

Japan's Self-Defense Forces -- geared toward fighting gigantic-sized creatures in downtown Tokyo -- proved ineffective against the small mice. Japanese scientists arranged for a 50-foot replica of Ron Paul to be flown in from the United States in an effort to exploit the theoretical "Paul piper" effect, which was supposed to cause the mice to follow the replica into Tokyo Bay and drown.

Instead, the mice carried the Paul replica all the way to former Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda's office and fearlessly planted it on the front lawn. Fukuda got the message and resigned, turning over power to Benron. The fearless mice and Japan's human population now share power and practice a non-interventionist foreign policy. The mice now number several million strong.

"The clock in the sky is pounding away, there's so much to say," an e-mail from Benron began. "When those in power say 'let them eat cake' the political system has failed. The US media serves only monied interests. The American people now have no choice; they cannot rejoice, and so must bring matters to a Head. Those in power have their castles and kings, and things that go with a life of style. The people are wanting to feel, to know what is real. They know that living is a lie these days. All Paul supporters must march on their respective country's capital on July 4th. Their purpose is waiting."
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s3i30443

I liked it :D

Geronimo
02-14-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm proud to say that I never once clicked to open an article by the Spoof.

kirkblitz
02-14-2008, 07:16 PM
it was like the 2nd article on google news, not much news these days.