PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else forget too...

Feelgood
02-14-2008, 06:26 PM
tell their fiends about Ron Paul?

I'm sitting here feeling pretty stupid right now. I have been going out for so long preaching Ron Paul to complete strangers, that I forgot about my friends. Was just hanging out in the front yard, talking to a friend, and the state of the economy came up. After we talked a few minutes about how bad things were, I pointed over to the Ron Paul sign in front of my house, and said, "that's why I'm voting for Ron Paul".

He had an almost lost look on his face, and said, "you know, I hate to tell you this, but I have never even heard of Ron Paul before. I dont even know who he is." Wow, did my blood pressure rise, and I felt so dumb. I can't believe I forgot to talk to so many of my own friends about Ron. So, for the next 30 mins I went on about Ron Paul. What he believes in, what he stands for, his voting record, what he wants to accomplish as President. I even gave him a VCD to watch of Ron Paul vids. After talking to him, his reply was, "WOW! Why would anyone NOT vote for Ron Paul?"

My blood pressure rose again, as I said, well others like yourself, simply dont even know who he is. And then I went on about a 20 min rant on the blackout by the MSM and showed him some youtube vids. I told him to go out and tell everyone he knows about Ron Paul. Learn all you can about him. Sent him to the Ron Paul site. At least, if he gets the nod, I know I just secured two more votes for Ron. :)

Long story short, dont forget about those nearest and dearest to you. It is real easy to overlook those you converse with daily. Believe it or not, they may not know who Ron is. Keep it in mind...

AlbemarleNC0003
02-14-2008, 06:28 PM
I don't have an friends. They all left me cause I wouldn't shut up about Ron Paul.

m72mc
02-14-2008, 06:31 PM
I have told my friends and emailed all in my address book.

phill4paul
02-14-2008, 06:32 PM
LOL. No haven't had this problem. All my friends know. In fact several introduce me at get togethers as.." This is my friend RON PAUL".
I have found that there is a time to give it a rest and let it sink in. Sometimes my enthusiasm is my worst enemy.
Now that I can name my worst enemy I have overcome him(me).

WilliamC
02-14-2008, 06:35 PM
I just converted two acquaitences at work this week.

Good 'ole boys I've said hello to and such but never taken the time to really talk to.

Until last week.

Now we're becoming friends and they are both voting for Ron Paul!

One voter at a time....

homah
02-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't have an friends. They all left me cause I wouldn't shut up about Ron Paul.

My friends and my brother are all voting for Obama and don't want to hear anything about Ron Paul. I won't be quiet either and they get pretty pissed off. I still don't know of a single, tangible reason why they are for Obama (and neither do they, probably).

zadrock
02-14-2008, 06:49 PM

Yeah, i have that problem. Except replace "friends" with "wife." :eek:

j/k

Z

VRP08
02-14-2008, 06:53 PM
tell their fiends about Ron Paul?

I'm sitting here feeling pretty stupid right now. I have been going out for so long preaching Ron Paul to complete strangers, that I forgot about my friends. Was just hanging out in the front yard, talking to a friend, and the state of the economy came up. After we talked a few minutes about how bad things were, I pointed over to the Ron Paul sign in front of my house, and said, "that's why I'm voting for Ron Paul".

He had an almost lost look on his face, and said, "you know, I hate to tell you this, but I have never even heard of Ron Paul before. I dont even know who he is." Wow, did my blood pressure rise, and I felt so dumb. I can't believe I forgot to talk to so many of my own friends about Ron. So, for the next 30 mins I went on about Ron Paul. What he believes in, what he stands for, his voting record, what he wants to accomplish as President. I even gave him a VCD to watch of Ron Paul vids. After talking to him, his reply was, "WOW! Why would anyone NOT vote for Ron Paul?"

My blood pressure rose again, as I said, well others like yourself, simply dont even know who he is. And then I went on about a 20 min rant on the blackout by the MSM and showed him some youtube vids. I told him to go out and tell everyone he knows about Ron Paul. Learn all you can about him. Sent him to the Ron Paul site. At least, if he gets the nod, I know I just secured two more votes for Ron. :)

Long story short, dont forget about those nearest and dearest to you. It is real easy to overlook those you converse with daily. Believe it or not, they may not know who Ron is. Keep it in mind...

Very true!:)

figueir2
02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
I have been known as the "Ron Paul fanboy" amongst my friends. Luckily I have turned all of them on to Ron Paul (those whom are registered to vote).