PDA

View Full Version : Test for ballot...

dealerjim
02-14-2008, 03:57 PM
This is purely hypothetical but doesn't it make sense? I think the American people should be tested on the issues before receiving a ballot. Kind of like a written test for a drivers license. Upon entering your poling place, you should be given test which includes a series of questions on the candidates running and their stance on the most important issues of the current election. If you can answer the questions correctly then you'd be given a ballot and may proceed to vote. If not, sent back home to your tv set. Who here thinks the election results would be 99% different? :D

davidkachel
02-14-2008, 04:02 PM
You've been indoctrinated into statism for too long. And who do you think would write and GRADE the tests? Sooner or later it would be Hitlery, or McWarmonger, or some other dictator.
It's hard I know, but you have to get the statist mindset out of your head.

american.swan
02-14-2008, 05:36 PM
I agree that there shouldn't be a test because Hitler would eventually grade the test.

But...

I think it would be a great idea to have a private firm give history test to congressman and then have a non-partisan group report the results.

I think it would be a great idea for the grassroots to have a newsletter that reports on voting records and history and current events that we could send out to people over email as well as having meet-up groups able to print as many as they want and distribute in various ways.

AND THE BEST IDEA OF ALL....

The population take their constitutional responsibility seriously and vote out all the representatives who don't do their jobs.

billjarrett
02-14-2008, 05:42 PM
I've been for this for awhile, but not on issues. Multiple choice, basic non-interpertable government questions:

1. Which of the following is the Second Amendment?

2. What is the current Commander-in-Chiefs name?

3. What is the name of the current President of the Senate?

4. Which of the following four sentences is the 10th amendment?

etc... I guess the argument against this would be the argument that was used against it years ago.. I believe there was some issue that since it required reading, and the blacks at that time had a low literacy rate, it was discrimination.

But, we can get illeterate people through written drivers exams somehow nowdays. I don't see anything wrong with this.