PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana delegates Saturday 2/16

IcyPeaceMaker
02-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a couple of important announcements:

1) Alternates:

Almost all of the alternates elected statewide were Ron Paul alternates. I fear that many people may have put their name down as an alternate and assumed that was the end of the story. The fact of the matter is that we need each and every alternate that was elected to physically be at the state convention. There is a good chance that a few of the delegates that were elected may not show and our alternates need to be there to step into those positions.

2) Delegates

Friday, (tomorrow) at 2 PM we will be going before the credentials committee and arguing our case and expounding on our complaints against the party. We will clearly explain all three of our complaints/ reasons that the party violated their own rules. Ultimately, we will simply be demanding that the party count ALL of the provisional ballots regardless of part affiliation. If that means that a few people who weren't Republicans have their votes counted in the mix that's the party's own fault. The only reason hundreds more Ron Paul supporters didn't change their voter registration in time is because the party failed to follow their own rules and announce that there was a deadline.

The bottom line is this: if we get what we want dozens more of our delegates will be elected. If that happens they will need to be at the state convention Saturday.

Here is what I need all of you to do:

a. Please contact all of the alternates that were elected in your district and verify that they will be attending the state convention this Saturday.
b. Please contact all of the delegates that were NOT elected and tell them to please try to stay free Saturday because there is a possibility we will call them and need them to come to the convention.

This is very important! Please help me in this endeavour.

Thanks!

--
Andrew Axsom
Louisiana Field Director
Ron Paul 2008
www.ronpaul2008.com
318-332-2225

All Seeing Eye
02-14-2008, 04:03 PM
bumppppp

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 04:07 PM
bump

Bruno
02-14-2008, 04:19 PM
bizzump

Pauliana
02-14-2008, 04:24 PM
blump

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh, we are going down swinging in Louisiana... this bad boy ain't over yet!
Gloves off...

Bern
02-14-2008, 04:45 PM
cool

billyjoeallen
02-14-2008, 04:45 PM
bump

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 04:52 PM
bump

Johnny Crab
02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Bump for my age 6 to 39 state & RP.

Sandra
02-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Hallelujah!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 05:52 PM
bump

CJLauderdale4
02-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Torchbearer!!

Time to light things up in the bayou!!!

Wish I still lived there and was able to put my name on the delegate list. I'd be right there with you..

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Glock! Glock! light 'em up.

orolonn
02-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Good luck! :)

Sandra
02-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Icypeacemaker, Can you tell us your source. I can't find it anywhere.

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 07:17 PM
bump

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Icypeacemaker, Can you tell us your source. I can't find it anywhere.

I just emailed Andrew to confirm.
bump!

IcyPeaceMaker
02-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Folks, my meet-up message board sent this to me around 4:30 this afternoon.

I'm a delegate in the 3rd CD, who missed being elected, the McCain PLPF shills stole my spot with the LA-GOP BS theiving tactics.

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/M/==/QM/yE/TO/5Q/DN/wc/TZ/tF/kX/nB/na/B5/lM/B5/VM/5M/jN/3Q/TO/5E/TM/B5/VM._SX100_SY140_.jpg

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Folks, my meet-up message board sent this to me around 4:30 this afternoon.

I'm a delegate in the 3rd CD, who missed being elected, the McCain PLPF shills stole my spot with the LA-GOP BS theiving tactics.

Do you think we can attend this hearing too? I was an alternate delegate?

IcyPeaceMaker
02-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Do you think we can attend this hearing too? I was an alternate delegate?

Call Andrew tomorrow morning, if he needs us there, we can show up in droves!

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 08:01 PM
bump for the forces of good.
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_03/lotrL_468x321.jpg

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 08:07 PM

By the way, the chairman of the libertarian party of louisiana looks identical to Frodo in this picture. sorry Adrien. ;)
He's in the lafayette ron paul meet-up group.

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 08:11 PM
By the way... most of the leaders in louisiana that gave ron paul the amazing finish are all my friends from the libertarian central committee.
helen and trey in monroe
me and lori in alexandria
adrien in lafayette
stephanie in lake charles
ray in new orleans.

:)
most are now fighting with me in the republican party.

IcyPeaceMaker
02-14-2008, 08:17 PM
By the way... most of the leaders in louisiana that gave ron paul the amazing finish are all my friends from the libertarian central committee.
helen and trey in monroe
me and lori in alexandria
adrien in lafayette
stephanie in lake charles
ray in new orleans.

most are now fighting with me in the republican party.
Very cool! We need to file the suit for the headlines, so I hope they give in, but all's not lost if they don't.

Don't forget, that ass McAmnesty is counting OUR delegates.

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 08:31 PM
//

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey Guys,

1) Alternates:

Almost all of the alternates elected statewide were Ron Paul alternates. I fear that many people may have put their name down as an alternate and assumed that was the end of the story. The fact of the matter is that we need each and every alternate that was elected to physically be at the state convention. There is a good chance that a few of the delegates that were elected may not show and our alternates need to be there to step into those positions.

2) Delegates

Friday, (tomorrow) at 2 PM we will be going before the credentials committee and arguing our case and expounding on our complaints against the party. We will clearly explain all three of our complaints/ reasons that the party violated their own rules. Ultimately, we will simply be demanding that the party count ALL of the provisional ballots regardless of part affiliation. If that means that a few people who weren't Republicans have their votes counted in the mix that's the party's own fault. The only reason hundreds more Ron Paul supporters didn't change their voter registration in time is because the party failed to follow their own rules and announce that there was a deadline.

The bottom line is this: if we get what we want dozens more of our delegates will be elected. If that happens they will need to be at the state convention Saturday.

a. Please contact all of the alternates that were elected in your district and verify that they will be attending the state convention this Saturday.
b. Please contact all of the delegates that were NOT elected and tell them to please try to stay free Saturday because there is a possibility we will call them and need them to come to the convention.

Thanks!

--
Andrew Axsom
Louisiana Field Director
Ron Paul 2008
www.ronpaul2008.com
318-332-2225

:cool:

Sandra
02-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Why are meetup members not getting these messages? Who is Andrew sending this to? They are responsible for forwarding this stuff.

I think there might be a fatal clique problem here.

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Why are meetup members not getting these messages? Who is Andrew sending this to? They are responsible for forwarding this stuff.

I think there might be a fatal clique problem here.

not sure, but we will find out tomorrow what's going down!

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 09:16 PM
bump

IcyPeaceMaker
02-14-2008, 09:19 PM
I believe Andrew sent it statewide, but I'm not sure.

Sandra
02-14-2008, 09:25 PM
There are some meetup organizers that are either not getting these messages, or are keeping them from others so that being privy to the informtion is advantagous. I know the second part is true in a number of cases.

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 10:05 PM
//

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Ok, just to let everyone know, this email has been confirmed by Andrew... we are getting ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McCain is about to loose everything the media has said he's won... what will they say then???

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 10:32 PM

pinkmandy
02-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Good luck guys!

Also...weren't the other slates entered AFTER the deadline? If so, wouldn't that make them null and void?

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Good luck guys!

Also...weren't the other slates entered AFTER the deadline? If so, wouldn't that make them null and void?

yes, that is one of the three complaints.

Sandra
02-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks Brent !!!

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 11:32 PM
call andrew in the morning about attending the hearing... especially if you are a delegate candidate.

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 11:38 PM

:rolleyes:

pinkmandy
02-14-2008, 11:50 PM
yes, that is one of the three complaints.

Doh. Sorry I missed that. I probably should have gone to bed hours ago. :o Good luck tomorrow guys! RIGHT is on your side!!!!

Is it being recorded?

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Doh. Sorry I missed that. I probably should have gone to bed hours ago. :o Good luck tomorrow guys! RIGHT is on your side!!!!

Is it being recorded?

don't know. if it was up to me, i'd stream it on justin.tv

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 12:05 AM
//

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 08:21 AM
bump for the big day!

losinglife
02-15-2008, 08:26 AM
Go Go La!

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Hey Guys,

1) Alternates:

2) Delegates

Thanks!

--
Andrew Axsom
Louisiana Field Director
Ron Paul 2008
www.ronpaul2008.com
318-332-2225

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 08:36 AM

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 09:47 AM
//

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 10:05 AM
bump

IcyPeaceMaker
02-15-2008, 10:13 AM
I just spoke to Andrew, it is his belief that we could very well win the argument today. If not, we may hold our own convention. I didn't get the particulars, so I can't tell you guys what they are, but he will be sending out another email later today to let us know what happened. When I get it, I'll post it here.

zadrock
02-15-2008, 10:28 AM
I just spoke to Andrew, it is his belief that we could very well win the argument today. If not, we may hold our own convention. I didn't get the particulars, so I can't tell you guys what they are, but he will be sending out another email later today to let us know what happened. When I get it, I'll post it here.

Thanks for the updates. This could be HUGE!

Z

Sandra
02-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Is Andrew going to court with this? This secret email crap is very questionable. Tell Andrew to post to the message boards!

We can't have our own Republican convention, what the hell is he talking about?

tommyzDad
02-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Bump

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 03:01 PM
The following is an update regarding the LAGOP caucus/delegate vote. I spoke to Andrew Axsom (LA State Chairman for RP) today since we have not heard anything. Andrew indicated that they are having a committee hearing with the LAGOP tomorrow in Baton Rouge. John Tate with RP campaign is flying in to meet with the LAGOP committee. The LAGOP have yet to disclose the provisional votes. A lawsuit has not been filed yet but has been prepared. They plan to file the lawsuit pending the outcome of the hearing. The hearing is at 2:00, tomorrow (Friday 2/15/08) at the Hilton in Baton Rouge.

I questioned weather it would be good to have supporters there. Andrew indicated that some of the Baton Rouge meet-up folks were going. I thought it would be nice if other meet-ups knew about this even though it is short notice. I plan to attend but caution anyone else that we may not be allowed to observe the hearing.

Andrew did not have the address but indicated it was the one by the river. The address for the Hilton by the river is:

201 Lafayette St
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
(225) 344-5866
We need to keep the pressure on them - if anyone can share news on the State convention that would be great. Lincoln went to the Rep convention with only 22 delegates and WON!

Karin Copley
(985) 386-2003

Michele Gaudin is saying that all delegates even if you didn’t win should attend the convention Saturday. I am hoping Andrew Axsom calls all delegates if something happens at the hearing today. Please someone report back about what happens.

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Is Andrew going to court with this? This secret email crap is very questionable. Tell Andrew to post to the message boards!

We can't have our own Republican convention, what the hell is he talking about?

Yes we can have our own convention, the question is.. which convention will the RNC recognize.
If they broke the rules, and we didn't.. our convention would be legit.

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 03:18 PM
//

Sandra
02-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Waiting.....but....hard....to.....breathe....

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 03:42 PM
//

IcyPeaceMaker
02-15-2008, 03:55 PM
This is fun to watch, while we wait!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEcBjpsP1bU

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 04:00 PM

IcyPeaceMaker
02-15-2008, 04:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN-eGOtBGbg&NR=1

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 04:32 PM
on the phone with someone who was at some of the meeting, he said the Ron Paul people were putting together some good arguments.
he has a good feeling about it.

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 05:03 PM
//

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 05:11 PM
bump

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 05:22 PM
on the phone with someone who was at some of the meeting, he said the Ron Paul people were putting together some good arguments.
he has a good feeling about it.

:eek:

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 05:37 PM
//

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 05:47 PM
^^^

IcyPeaceMaker
02-15-2008, 06:09 PM
I just spoke with Andrew, the LAGOP decided to dismiss the complaints. The campaign is in a strategy session as we speak, determining what the next move will be. Andrew said he would let us know something asap, but he may not be able to give away the plan online.

IcyPeaceMaker
02-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Alright so tomorrow is the LA State GOP Convention at 9AM in front of the Old State Capital.

We need everybody and their mama to be there.

Andrew called me a few minutes ago to tell me this:

The lawsuit over the Caucus delegates is about to get very very heated tomorrow. When we filed and spoke to the correct committee about the voter fraud at the Caucus,in a somewhat nice way, they pretty much said screw ya'll we don't care what ya'll say or what you think we have our own agenda. This is total BS!!! They are trying to wipe us under the rug and not let our voices be heard! They think they can push us around as if we will not push back. Let me tell you that we are ready to push back in full force and make sure we are heard!!! We told them that either they give us 10-15 delegates to go to the National Convention or we will take them to court! They have broken so many party rules that its getting close to Bush's war crimes tally. We saw them ripping up votes in the Caucus, they pushed deadlines back illegally, and countless others. We would rip them a new one if we brought them to court. Now the funny part. This is how we bend the LA GOP bigwigs over and make them do what we want lol. If we take them to court we would be taking the whole LA GOP delegate slate to court. It is stated in National party Rules that ANY delegate that is involved in a lawsuit over voting can NOT be on any national Committee. Do you know what that means? It means all the big LA GOP's would not be able to carry out a substantial amount of their agenda. We would strip them of their power and bring them to their knees! Also it says if they do not listen to us and won't let our voices be heard then under National party Rules we can hold our own State Convention and vote our own delegates!!! The time is NOW to ROCK the establishment!!! We need as many people as possible to attend this convention! It is open to the public so anyone can come. Please bring anyone and everyone you know. The news will most probably will be there and we must show that we mean business!!! The time is NOW! We must act NOW! This is the last time we can be heard publicly for our cause that we have been fighting for these past few months. This is not in anyway just about Ron Paul. He was our goal, but the real reason we have been fighting is because of the idea of FREEDOM! Our PRIVACY! To END the WAR! We must show them that the way our country is heading is not acceptable to us and most of America. I ask you tonight my brothers and sisters to JOIN ME tomorrow in the rEVOLution, that we have started, to voice our cause and stand up for what we believe in. This could be a very heated convention so be ready with your game faces on to ROCK THIS CONVENTION!!!!!!!!

123tim
02-16-2008, 06:52 AM
bump

tommyzDad
02-16-2008, 06:58 AM
And a BUMP for this one!!!

IcyPeaceMaker
02-16-2008, 08:55 PM
There won't be a lawsuit, but we have another way to win this thing, which I can't disclose here. Rely on Andrew & company, they know what they're doing. The LAGOP convention today was not a waste of time, but we didn't get any play. The rules committee was comprised of the very people we're trying to unseat.

The best thing happening is that we're learning to play the game, and we'll be ready next time. We should get some relief in a few days, I'll let you know how it works out.

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 09:06 PM
There won't be a lawsuit, but we have another way to win this thing, which I can't disclose here. Rely on Andrew & company, they know what they're doing. The LAGOP convention today was not a waste of time, but we didn't get any play. The rules committee was comprised of the very people we're trying to unseat.

The best thing happening is that we're learning to play the game, and we'll be ready next time. We should get some relief in a few days, I'll let you know how it works out.

can't wait to see what's next... we'll be like a swarm of knats... they are going to wish they had played by the rules.. i'm glad HQ isn't quiting the fight either..
plus i'm getting someone i know to file another civil suit because they didn't count his vote.

IcyPeaceMaker
02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
February 19, 2008

Dear Cecil,

Last Friday, representatives of the Ron Paul 2008 campaign, along with our local legal counsel presented our case to the Louisiana GOP State Convention Credentials committee. Here is the memo we gave to each committee member.

Essentially we argued that the LA GOP violated its own rules on several occasions during the caucus process, resulting in hundreds of Ron Paul supporters being disenfranchised. Had the LA GOP followed its own rules, Ron Paul would have won 5 of the 7 state congressional districts, giving the campaign a majority of the state convention delegates, resulting in at least 35 delegates elected to the national convention in St. Paul.

One of our complaints was that the deadline for registering as a delegate was extended contrary to the party rules. And during the credentials committee meeting, it was discovered that a majority of the committee members registered to be a delegate following the January 10^th deadline. In other words, for the committee to find in our favor would have required that they expel most of their members from the convention. As you might expect, this didn't happen. After a three hour meeting, the committee unanimously rejected our case.

The following day, the GOP state convention was held in Baton Rouge. All elected Ron Paul delegates and most alternates attended the convention.

Additionally, many supporters - including those who would have been elected had the GOP followed its own rules -- attended as well to show support for our candidate and cause.

When the Credentials Committee presented its report, Michele Gaudin, a Ron Paul delegate from District 1, introduced a substitute motion to reject the Credentials Committee report and replace it with a slate of delegates reflecting the results of the election had all votes been counted.

The Chairman of the convention ruled the motion out of order and Ms. Gaudin immediately moved to contest the ruling of the chair. Ron Paul delegate Benjamin Montgomery seconded the motion and discussion was allowed on the substitute motion. At this point, Ms. Gaudin informed all the delegates of the infractions of the rules by the LA GOP and the highly irregular and unethical conduct by the state party.

When the question was called, the ruling of the Chair was sustained and the original credentials report was adopted.

Even though the chances of the convention delegates agreeing with Ms. Gaudin's motion were slim, it was important that a contest of the credential committee's report be recorded in the minutes of the convention. This parliamentarian move allows the Ron Paul campaign to contest the Louisiana delegation to the Republican National Committee's Credentials Committee. So, the battle is not over yet.

The irony of the whole situation in Louisiana is that in its zeal to shut out Ron Paul supporters from the State Convention, the Louisiana GOP is jeopardizing its delegation to the national convention! By appealing this case to the RNC, no Louisiana delegate may serve on any national committee. And it is possible that the entire delegation may be thrown out.

The Ron Paul 2008 campaign wishes to express its profound thanks to Michele Gaudin, Benjamin Montgomery, and the entire Ron Paul delegation to the Louisiana State Convention. It took a lot of courage for a small minority to face down a very unsympathetic crowd. But it was the right thing to do and the stand that was taken in Baton Rouge on Saturday will not be in vain.

Matthew Chancey
Southeastern Regional Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee
www.ronpaul2008.com/states/louisiana

Banana
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
The party rules says that if the slate is invalid, 90% of the slate will be thrown out.

Is that the final word on the matter, or can the committee decide to recognize the slate of RP delegates?

torchbearer
02-19-2008, 03:45 PM
In Louisiana, we just won't go away...
I love it! There is no quit in this state.

tommyzDad
02-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Bump!

IcyPeaceMaker
02-19-2008, 05:57 PM
The party rules says that if the slate is invalid, 90% of the slate will be thrown out.

Is that the final word on the matter, or can the committee decide to recognize the slate of RP delegates?

Since the delegates are hard core manipulators and Mccain supporters, if threatened with either applying the rules or having the delegates thrown out, I think they will elect to be thrown out, since giving the seats to RP delegates would be harder for Mccain to overcome.

IcyPeaceMaker
02-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Nice work, lays out the case for intentional fraud and conspiracy to defraud the voters of Louisiana:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/uploads/pdf/229.pdf

torchbearer
02-20-2008, 12:10 AM
bump

luke-gr
02-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Kudos for standing up in Louisiana!! Make yourselves heard!

Sandra
02-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Some of us in Dist 6 are getting things together! How about the other Districts?