PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Sheehan running for congress to out Pelosi

Ex Post Facto
02-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Poor lady, has been marginalized by the media. She lost her son in the Iraq war. Maybe she doesn't speak for me, or the people but I have to give it to her for standing by what she believes.

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/2008/02/accountability-now/

The U.S. House of Representatives under the so-called leadership of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-SF) is failing We the People at an alarming rate.

She has not only taken impeachment off of the table for her cohorts, George Bush and Dick Cheney, but she has taken ending the illegal, immoral and unconscionable occupation of Iraq off the table, too. Along with an almost daily onslaught of fresh assaults on our liberties, these things are clearly not acceptable.

I am running against Ms. Pelosi to challenge her lack of leadership and her abandonment of the good people of the 8th District. As a “Decline to State,” my “party” affiliation, I cannot get on the ballot in California until August for the November General Election. In a perfect world, a credible Democrat will take her on in the primaries to make her answer to her constituents on certain charges: ie: if she knew BushCo was torturing human beings as early as 2002, why did she remain silent? Why does she continue to fund the war crimes of the Bush Regime? Why will she not advocate for the decontamination of Bay View/Hunter’s Point and for affordable housing, not just there, but all over San Francisco? Why did she exclude our transgender brothers and sisters from the ENDA legislation? Why does she support “Free” Trade agreements that hurt workers and unions all over the world? These are just a few questions that need to be urgently asked and answered because many of her policies directly contradict the values of San Francisco.

Cindy for Congress is not opposed to the idea of a Democratic challenger to Pelosi in the June primaries. We will still be continuing our challenge as we gather signatures to appear on the ballot and consolidate support for our general election victory in November. The bigger the tent, the more people can fit!

The more voices, the better the Democracy!

jumpyg1258
02-14-2008, 01:26 PM
I do not remember exactly when it was that Cindy decided to go up against Pelosi, I think it was when funding the war was up on the table. What most people don't realize is that Cindy is a Ron Paul supporter! She said it herself on the Stephanie Miller show.

jumpyg1258
02-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Correction, it was when Bush impeachment was up for grabs and Pelosi didnt go thru with it.

jumpyg1258
02-14-2008, 01:35 PM
http://www.cindyforcongress.org/

amy31416
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
I do not remember exactly when it was that Cindy decided to go up against Pelosi, I think it was when funding the war was up on the table. What most people don't realize is that Cindy is a Ron Paul supporter! She said it herself on the Stephanie Miller show.

Any source to the "Ron Paul supporter" statement?

jumpyg1258
02-14-2008, 02:03 PM
If I was home I could get you the audio clip from her show, but Im at work right now.

Cleaner44
02-14-2008, 02:04 PM
AIPAC will probably make Cindy disappear. I hope she can drive out Pelosi but I wouldn't count on it.

Cleaner44
02-14-2008, 02:05 PM

Subject: Who I endorse for President

Nobody!

Although I admire Dr. Ron Paul's stance against the occupations of the criminal Bush regime, (Only Barbara Lee D-Ca has been better); and I, of course, agree with him when he says bring the troops home immediately and close almost all military bases around the world, there are too many other fundamental differences I have with him. Ron Paul is after all a very conservative Libertarian/Republican who is anti-choice and against single-payer health care, among other things.

I do like Dennis Kucinich and hope he wins the Democratic nomination and hope that if he doesn't he won't endorse another war monger.

I am holding out hope against hope that Cynthia McKinney runs and I will give her my whole-hearted support and endorsement. She is the only one who has been courageous enough to endorse me. Kucinich has endorsed the incumbent Democrat over me.

I hope this clears up any confusion that I endorsed Ron Paul.

As for Ron Paul supporters who are mostly Republicans who want to help with my campaign, I don't see how that is a bad thing. I am an Independent and even though I am a raging progressive, I believe that we need to work together to force a withdrawal of our troops and an end to the murderous empire that enslaves us all. If we would all celebrate what we have in common and work together for a consensus on what separates us, or at least respect for a divergence of opinions, the world would be enriched and a far better place.

Wouldn't it be nice if we did have a "Uniter" and not a "Divider."

Peace, love, justice, joy, and Victory

Cindy

source: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/36/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3784398

jumpyg1258
02-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I did a search on google and found this which makes no sense cause I remember her clearly stating that she was supporting Ron Paul on Stephanie Miller's radio show!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/36/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3784398

jumpyg1258
02-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Oh it looks like you beat me by a minute in finding that!

Elliott
02-14-2008, 02:07 PM
AIPAC will probably make Cindy disappear. I hope she can drive out Pelosi but I wouldn't count on it.

Yeah. Sheehan will probably get a media blackout. If she was visible she would trounce Pelosi. Her whole reputation is anti-war/anti-Bush. You'd think that would make her a shoo-in, especially in California. ...and she would be, of course, but AIPAC won't let that happen, just like AIPAC won't LET Pelosi try to punish Bush/Cheney for doing its bidding.

literatim
02-14-2008, 02:18 PM
What we need to do is get a Ron Paul Republican running against Pelosi in the general election.

Cleaner44
02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
What we need to do is get a Ron Paul Republican running against Pelosi in the general election.

Now you're talking!

rodent
02-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Now you're talking!

No, what we need is someone who is a fake democrat who believes in Ron Paul ideals. The republican label takes you nowhere in Pelosi's district.

Ex Post Facto
02-14-2008, 03:14 PM
No, what we need is someone who is a fake democrat who believes in Ron Paul ideals. The republican label takes you nowhere in Pelosi's district.

This is a good point, you would think the liberal ACLU would be all over Ron Paul's ideas.