PDA

View Full Version : Mitt said to endorse McCain, who cares?

Change
02-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Regardless of Mitts endorsement, McCain still has to face close to 10% of his own party that support Ron Paul, According to national polls Paul has reached a total average support of 9%. So, regardless if it is only McCain with the nomination and Paul in the end, the Republicans sooner or later will have to come face to face with the Paul factor.

I don't see how they can refuse to acknowledge his involvement, the GOP has basically written off 9% of its own party. I don't see how they plan to win White House in the general election.

It makes no sense to me.

Redmenace
02-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Deleted: Wrong info

cswake
02-14-2008, 01:06 PM
No, they are not bound. He is releasing them and encouraging they support McCain.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/02/romney_to_endor.html

"According to a source familiar with the decision, Romney will ask the delegates he won to support McCain."

Rangeley
02-14-2008, 01:24 PM
So if we had any stealth ones, they are now unbound and can vote for Paul?

jacmicwag
02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Yes, McCain will get the nod but the GOP will first get Huck in line and then come to us asking for support. To quote an old newsletter, we should "play them like a cheap harmonica" after what they put Ron through.

teshuah
02-14-2008, 01:40 PM
so states like Michigan and Nevada will be released to vote for whoever they want. We need to be on top of those delegates to get them to vote for Freedom

ChristianAnarchist
02-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Regardless of Mitts endorsement, McCain still has to face close to 10% of his own party that support Ron Paul, According to national polls Paul has reached a total average support of 9%. So, regardless if it is only McCain with the nomination and Paul in the end, the Republicans sooner or later will have to come face to face with the Paul factor.

I don't see how they can refuse to acknowledge his involvement, the GOP has basically written off 9% of its own party. I don't see how they plan to win White House in the general election.

It makes no sense to me.

I don't even think that McNazi is in this to win the presidency. He is sick (see thread on his melanoma) and is likely to die in the next year or two and he knows this better than anyone. I think he is only in this race to hand it over to his buddies the Clintons. I think he only wants to win the nomination to guarantee the democratic success for the white house. Don't forget, McNazi is the MOST liberal "conservative" in the senate...

wv@SC
02-14-2008, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he was going to hand it to Hitlery. He likes "reaching across the aisle to get it done". Hmmm.

TC95
02-14-2008, 02:19 PM
I think he is only in this race to hand it over to his buddies the Clintons. I think he only wants to win the nomination to guarantee the democratic success for the white house.

I have believed this all along. Here's a pic of McCain and Hillary looking like two little love birds: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114133

I wish the McCainiacs would realize that their candidate is in it to betray them.

Dr.3D
02-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Yup, looks like the GOP is a sell out to the Dems.

IcyPeaceMaker
02-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Romney won't have much to say about where his support goes:

“Ron Paul actually sounded like a presidential candidate”

“One reporter told me that Paul would have won several states already if he had been speaking like this a public events. A Romney supporter I know told me that Paul’s speech convinced him to support Paul. “I may not agree with Paul on Iraq, but saving the Republican Party is more important than that single issue,” a pregnant Romney supporter said to me. “This nomination is about turning the Republican Party back to conservative values and Ron Paul is the last candidate standing who has any.”

Now will some of them just stand up and tell him to throw his support behind our man?

IcyPeaceMaker
02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Ron Paul, Romney refugees: Anyone but McCain?
by Mark Silva and updated with reader comments

This is the winter of discontent for a lot of voters, particularly conservative Republicans, who are watching their party rally around a candidate they cannot accept.

For Sen. John McCain, the alienation of many conservatives for many reasons -- including anti-war Republicans who had rallied to Texas Rep. Ron Paul's opposition to the war, and remain concerned about McCain's commitment to the war -- the challenge will become reaching into the middle of the American voters' hearts and pulling enough moderate Republicans, independent voters and swing-voting Democrats to offset his anemic base of conservative Republican support. Surely many of those disaffected will vote in November, but perhaps for a third-party candidate. Or perhaps many will simply sit it out.

The problem for McCain remains those anti-war Republicans and those Republicans carting signs around the halls of the Conservative Action Political Convention in Washington this weekend: "McCain=Amnesty.'' The combined albatross of immigration reform and the war represents a lot of baggage to carry into a general election in November in which Democrats will seek a renewed commitment to immigration reform and promises of ending the war.

Even after Republican Mitt Romney had dropped out of the race this week, people assembled for the CPAC continued voting for him in the straw-poll conducted there. Three-quarters of the straw-poll ballots were cast after Romney's announcement at the convention, according to CPAC. And, among all 1,558 ballots cast, 34 percent were cast for Romney, 33 percent for McCain, 12 percent for Mike Huckabee and 12 percent for Ron Paul.

Before Romney's withdrawal, 44 percent of the straw ballots cast at the convention were going his way. After his withdrawal, 32 percent still were going his way. So much for McCain's appeal to a convention that he had skipped last year, with apologies for his absence.

There are a lot of voters out there like "Don,'' who weighed in at the Swamp this morning on the question of where voters will go once Ron Paul is out of the race:

"The MSM can embrace McCain now, but the victory will be as ashes in their mouths,'' writes Don. "Now they will trot out the folks from the conservative PR firm hired by McCain in order to tell us, if effect, that our choices now are "his way or the highway". No thanks. I will vote 3rd party or stay home before being a party to sacrificing more lives to ill-advised foreign military adventures.''

Sesshomaru
02-14-2008, 07:18 PM
The good thing is that in some states where Romney won, Paul followed him up so if Paul is 2nd best, this could be really good for us.

newyearsrevolution08
02-14-2008, 07:35 PM
odds are trying to help mccain win and pray he can get in the vp spot in some fashion....

Sad to say but I would rather have mccain over the huckster anyday BUT I do see ron paul staying in it to the end if anything more then just to get more people in our movement that is going on.

Mccain spends less then the huckster and then romney is a money pit himself who just made a multi million dollar investment that FLOPPED.

I can see mccain having to deal with ron paul and then odds are it will be the huckster TRYING to still think he can win this thing. I do like that mentality because he is still shooting to keep mccain from getting that number.

Now that mittens asshole romney is trying to get his delegates to move over to the mccain side mccain could have a shot at getting that number and secure the repub nomination for mccain and pray mccain does something for him in return.

I think though we can all agree that a war wanting republican is not going to win against a non war democrat at this time even though the democratic nominee will odds are spend us so far into debt we will collapse soon enough anyways.

Either way we need to focus on building our movement, local and state elected officials and get as many ron paul endorsed people in offices across the nation. Hopefully in the next 4-12 years depending we can have another ron paul republican running WITH a ton of congress, senate, mayor, governors and so forth with ron pauls agenda as well and then we could possibly take the nation back then.

Either way, mccain is NOT going to win the presidency against obama just due to the mass amount of democrats and independents who voted this year as well as the many repubs who will NOT vote for mccain.

We will need to build this from the ground up and then they wont be able to stop us unless by some force of law or something then at that point we can take our stand if need be.

I am excited that this election has gotten so many people involved who never have been before.

RP4EVER
02-14-2008, 09:48 PM
if romney can openly support someone who compared him to a pig then he gets what he deserves; second place to the worlds biggest j*****s.

MozoVote
02-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I think Huck will stay in the race until the nomination. Huck takes up all the anti-McCain "air" while he's campaigning, as far as the MSM is concerned.

The GOP can tolerate the evangelicals huffing and puffing, then bring them into the fold though platform neogotiation and a strong pro life VP. But the party absolutely does not want a McCain versus Paul debate going on. That's a real fight for the very meaning of Republicanism.

newyearsrevolution08
02-14-2008, 10:39 PM
actually huck will now get all the mittens/mccain votes odds are and ron paul will get a decent amount as well.

I think if mccain could get tanked he would NOT be able to get above water again with his campaign. Same goes for the huckster really but he will sit with 2 delegates til the end if he had too simply because this is a one time thing for him and he knows it as well. Might as well enjoy it while you can huckster lol.

nodope0695
02-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Thats a no-brainer...I heard that today on the news and wondered, "wasn't that a given? Where's the 'news'?" I mean Romney's withdrawal from the race was most likely a deal between him and McShame.

Aratus
02-15-2008, 11:43 AM
The president's father has just merrily happily joined the mcCain
campaign bandwagon! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23183204
Does the bright idea behind all this be thah Jeb's run in 2012?
As another thread asks, here... can some of the delegates that
Mitt Romney has perhaps freed actually now vote for Ron Paul?

Aratus
02-15-2008, 11:45 AM
as an outsider, does Mitt want an "in" on Jeb's silver spoon?
would a McCain/Huckabee ticket over time slow this all down?