SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
What a shocker!...lol...

nullvalu
02-14-2008, 12:30 PM
yeah what a surprise. :rolleyes:

Shink
02-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Well, the rigged system has done its job. I hope to hell some Ron Paul Republicans take office.

Enzo
02-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Well... I hope this leaves no doubt in any former Romney supporters minds... that Romney was 100% full of shit... and should be completely dismissed the next time he tries to run for anything.

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Well said, Enzo. We should be able to get Romney supporters more easily now going forward.

AdamT
02-14-2008, 12:35 PM
One insane hack endorses another insane hack? What's the big surprise?

Bruno
02-14-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm sure we will gain some Romney supporters who now realize they were misled sheep.

Join us, you are most welcome here.

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 12:36 PM
This should further harden the Republican resistance to the anointing of McCain. We should be able to capitalize. Is their a plan??

ronpaulbillboards
02-14-2008, 12:46 PM
This is typical politics and you only should be surprised if you are new to this. This is why I wanted Ron Paul to run since back in '04. He is the only Statesman I have witnessed in DC. He stands on his convictions and is consistent and honest. When he announced his campaign we were excited to finally have someone who embodies the issues that are paramount to this nation. Ron Paul is huge down here in Austin but now the world knows about him after the year we just had. This is the ultimate victory, we have planted seeds of change all over the planet. One day they will grow and join us.

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 12:48 PM
rpb,

Right on, man! I just hope we have time left to affect real change before we become "the hunted"--if you know what I mean.

Elwar
02-14-2008, 12:52 PM
The sheep will now think that being liberal is ok and they will defend it (and McCain) to the end. Not knowing why, or whatfor...just because they are being told to do so.

ShowMeLiberty
02-14-2008, 12:53 PM
This should further harden the Republican resistance to the anointing of McCain. We should be able to capitalize. Is their a plan??

Several, I think. There's a link in my sig to the one I think will be most effective. ;)

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Well, I mean one that our high-priced official staff has ready to roll out to take advantage of this...

LarryWhite
02-14-2008, 01:29 PM
By itself, this doesn't do much other than disenfranchise Romney supporters.

If he 'releases' his national delegates so they can vote for Mccain, then it gets very interesting.

Do we have any 'stealth' national delegates that were bound to Romney?

jp5065
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM
What makes anybody think that this will help turn Romney people to Ron Paul?

If everybody is sheep, like you say, they will just do what Romney does and support McCain.

literatim
02-14-2008, 01:32 PM
You know, if Huckabee drops out because of this and the media declares McCain the winner, we could have a shot at taking a ton of delegates as neither Huckabee supporters nor McCain supporters may show up to the polls.

therealjjj77
02-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm not surprised. He probably got promised to get all the amount he shelled out for the campaign back if he did. 38 million is nothing to the shills that play behind the scenes.

But it doesn't matter. As long as McCain does not get 1191 BOUND delegates, this race is not over. He's no where close to that.

mczerone
02-14-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm sure we will gain some Romney supporters who now realize they were misled sheep.

Join us, you are most welcome here.

You said it yourself: they are sheep anyway. Romney dropping out just means they move to the next sheepherder: McCain.

literatim
02-14-2008, 01:42 PM
You said it yourself: they are sheep anyway. Romney dropping out just means they move to the next sheepherder: McCain.

Apart from the fact that the base that Romney won abhor McCain. This will most likely make them apathetic and they simply won't show up to vote which means we benefit.

kathy88
02-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Is that a fact? That they must be BOUND delegates? Can you point me to a link that verifies? That makes it an entirely different ballgame, in my opinion.

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Welcome VP Romney!! What a loyal little NWO shill you have been.

You will now be right in the front of the line to be president in 2012 when the arch-fascist retires. We promise.

jacmicwag
02-14-2008, 01:46 PM
You know, if Huckabee drops out because of this and the media declares McCain the winner, we could have a shot at taking a ton of delegates as neither Huckabee supporters nor McCain supporters may show up to the polls.

May be the silver lining. It would be great to have some of us on the floor of the convention next summer. I think this is where we need to have our presence felt more than the DC march.

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what the possible positive benefits of this march might be. Seems like a great opportunity for negative press--if we get any at all, a lot of independent expenditure that could go to the campaign, a perfect opportunity for agent provacateurs to blame us for something, etc.

But, hey...who am I to argue with the Good Doctor?

tommyzDad
02-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Welcome VP Romney!! What a loyal little NWO shill you have been.

You will now be right in the front of the line to be president in 2012 when the arch-fascist retires. We promise.

Ah, the world he will inherit! Wars on all fronts and a decimated economy.

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 01:56 PM
The only thing is (come to think of it)...he probably will never be Prez, 'cuz the Dems are going to win this. Maybe he's been promised the post of Secretary of Economically Treasonous Trade Deals under Hillary or Obama?

dawnbt
02-14-2008, 02:00 PM
This is typical politics and you only should be surprised if you are new to this. This is why I wanted Ron Paul to run since back in '04. He is the only Statesman I have witnessed in DC. He stands on his convictions and is consistent and honest. When he announced his campaign we were excited to finally have someone who embodies the issues that are paramount to this nation. Ron Paul is huge down here in Austin but now the world knows about him after the year we just had. This is the ultimate victory, we have planted seeds of change all over the planet. One day they will grow and join us.

+1

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 02:29 PM
If Romney goes from "suspended" to "ended" are his delegates immediately freed?

Methinks so...

This ain't over yet, folks!

BUT...we need a strategy. The grassroots can't really do this one...JMO

Fox McCloud
02-14-2008, 02:36 PM
where's the source on this?

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 02:37 PM
All the major networks.

GoDrNo
02-14-2008, 02:38 PM
If Romney goes from "suspended" to "ended" are his delegates immediately freed?

Methinks so...

This ain't over yet, folks!

BUT...we need a strategy. The grassroots can't really do this one...JMO

What happens to Mitt's delegates vary from state to state depending on the state GOP rules. Here in MI his delegates became uncomitted the day he announced he was suspending his campaign, it led to some very interesting county GOP convention (so I heard). We should know more here in MI after this weekend seeing as the state GOP convention is Friday and Saturday.

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Sounds good GDN,

Please keep us posted!

rancher89
02-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Would they still have the Feb debate if Huck drops out???

Probably not.

liberteebell
02-14-2008, 02:48 PM

+1!

Mortikhi
02-14-2008, 02:49 PM
mormon is as mormon does

SteveMartin
02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
rancher,

you can bet they wouldn't!