PDA

View Full Version : RPOFlorida Quarterly Meeting Aug 10-11: My Report

jonahtrainer
08-13-2007, 03:20 PM
This weekend while everyone was distracted by the Ames Straw poll I went to the Quarterly Meeting (http://rpof.org/qmtg.php) for the Republican Party of Florida (http://rpof.org/index.php). We had county chairs from the entire state and it was a fairly large meeting. Here is what I have to report:

First, the general sense I got was that the Republican Party has lost a lot of support and enthusiasm. People showed up late, didn’t stay through the entire meetings, were not lively, etc. I can tell they have lost a lot of support. All I talked to said their local meetings had shrunk.

Second, very few have much support for any of the current options. They said “This is the first election where we don’t know the people running.” There were three tables (Romney, Rudy and Ron Paul). The Ron Paul guys were dressed very unprofessional (jeans when everyone else had suits) and not present for the entire weekend conference (present Friday night but not there Sat. when everything happened). They really missed a great opportunity. If I had any materials I would have manned the booth. Instead, I built a good relationship with the head Romney guy and he invited me to come speak on the Constitution to his group. I will be able to sway them all.

Third, NO ONE had heard of Ron Paul. Most don’t know how to work a computer. Overall, they are very ignorant (MSM is their only source of news) of what Bush has done to our country. Many are displeased with him. They all want to restore the honor to the Republican Party. There were all kinds of auction items with Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt. In fact, the chairman said ‘This is the Party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Reagan.” Bush was only mentioned once and pretty much as a joke. They want to put in a Republican so ‘Bill isn’t entertaining the wives of the heads of state.”

My local party can be found this way:
1. www.rpof.org (http://rpof.org/index.php) (every state has a site like this. Iowa’s = iowagop.net (http://iowagop.net/))
2. About RPOF  County Groups (http://rpof.org/local.php)
3. St. John’s County (http://www.sjgop.org/)
4. Most groups have a meeting at least 1-2 times per month.

We need to take action. We need to expose all the county chairs in the whole USA to the ideas discussed by Ron Paul. They will bring all the other republicans with them. Here is what I propose:
1. Put together a packet on the GOP values.

a. Less Taxes
b. Less Government
c. More Personal Responsibility
d. More Individual Freedom
e. Family Empowerment
2. Put together where Bush and the Republicans have betrayed these values

a. Inflation tax (falling dollar), sound Money, removing the IRS
b. DHS, No Child Left Behind, TSA, etc.
c. Where should we start?
d. PATRIOT Act, Military Commissions Act (no Habeas Corpus; explain what Habeas Corpus is; this will get them fired up. I will be lecturing on Habeas Corpus to my new Romney friend and his group and Romney’s talk in the debate about doubling Gitmo. He didn't even know what Habeas Corpus was!?!)
e. No Child Left Behind, home school, keeping more of our $$, etc.
3. Put together a DVD of Ron Paul’s speeches that address these GOP values. The Iowa Straw Poll is an excellent speech to use. The more the better. Put in some old stuff from the 70’s and 80’s to really fan the fire. They will go ‘Where has this guy been? How have I not heard of him?’ We want ‘blowback’ against the MSM!
4. Put these sheets of paper, issues (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/Flyer-Issues.pdf), a slim-jim (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/RP2008SlimJim.pdf) and the DVD in an envelope and mail or hand deliver it to the person. Have some crafty girl write on the outside ‘The Real Republican’ Give it a personal touch.
5. For the real adventurous: Contact the Democratic (http://www.fladems.com/)counterpart. Explain you are a Republican and you do not want them to get screwed like we did. Try to build on the common ground of the Constitution. Then give them Ron Paul’s Iowa Straw poll speech for this type of person. Constitutional stuff is what we need. Deep down most Democrats have a similar feeling. We as a people, on both sides, know we have held inviolate the Constitution. Let them know the big dollars are lining up behind the Democrats (Hillary and Barack and not their honest candidates like Gravel) just like the Republicans in 2000 and 2004. Let them know this is not good for The People and they will probably get screwed like we did with Bush. Then just leave them the package if they will agree to view it.

We need to change people's perception of the enemy from the other party to those who want to destroy our Constitution. Then we need to rally everyone behind the Constitution!

If I had the $$$ I would be mailing these to every single person in every single state I could find. This method provides a highly targeted mailing list of probably 20,000 country wide easily.

Anyway, if we are going to win this we need to get information into people’s hands. An idea can only be defeated by an idea. These people have not been exposed (MSM censoring) to the ideas of Ron Paul. Increase their marketplace of ideas by getting them the packet and let the ideas Ron Paul shares crush the competing ideas. I can think of no easier way than this. Turn our competition into our teammates. Go knock on their door for crying out loud. I met my county chair at the meeting this weekend and he is a libertarian/republican. We have very fertile ground. Plus, you may be able to weasel out a delegate ballot to take to the RNC!

By the way, for those in FL we need to get in gear! This morning they voted on changing the rules so getting the FL primary Jan 29th will be all the more important. I would bet that if Ron Paul got the Jan 29th primary the nation would unanimously follow because they would have confidence in the one who can’t win. There will probably be a big squabble over the primary candidate if Ron Paul doesn’t win it because the field is so divided and the ‘top candidates’ keep getting shuffled around. For anyone who wants to contribute, find a random address in the County Groups and mail them a packet! We need all the help we can get.

Anyway, just my thoughts. All ya’ll cats keep doing whatever you want to do but the odds are great and we need to add some sniper action to all this shotgun (plastering cities with homemade signs) firepower.

Lord Xar
08-13-2007, 03:48 PM
yes.. yes yes... Bring those Ames posters, bring pamphlests and CD/DVD's........ also, if you can get some copies of freedom to fascism and pass those out too...

Listen, you have some great points.. but why don't you head this up. You take charge on this. I can help anyway I can, but your points are spot on and you KNOW whats to be done. I say you take this lead and I can help. Take volunteers, put out a donation call... get that mailing list of the recipients. .. AND yes, grab the counterparts too..

DjLoTi
08-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Bump.. lets do this... this is what we need to do in order to make a really effective reach-out to the republican party.

jonahtrainer
08-13-2007, 04:21 PM
yes.. yes yes... Bring those Ames posters, bring pamphlests and CD/DVD's........ also, if you can get some copies of freedom to fascism and pass those out too...

Listen, you have some great points.. but why don't you head this up. You take charge on this. I can help anyway I can, but your points are spot on and you KNOW whats to be done. I say you take this lead and I can help. Take volunteers, put out a donation call... get that mailing list of the recipients. .. AND yes, grab the counterparts too..

The mailing list would be helpful to get done. I think someone with programming skills could be much more efficient than I however. I have already contacted several of the people in my immediate surrounding.

As far as the nationwide effort, I would take the lead if I could but I can not.

Why? Because each of us needs to contact the leaders in our respective areas (nationwide). In my post I gave the example of how to do it in Florida. We really need to get active with the people and that means face to face. That means go to the meetings, talk to the people, etc. We can't just sit on the chair blogging and get this done the way it needs to be done.

DjLoTi
08-13-2007, 04:22 PM
How would you like a radio show? ;)

pennycat
08-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Hello Jonahtrainer. Below is a quote from your origninal post.

"Second, very few have much support for any of the current options. They said “This is the first election where we don’t know the people running.” There were three tables (Romney, Rudy and Ron Paul). The Ron Paul guys were dressed very unprofessional (jeans when everyone else had suits) and not present for the entire weekend conference (present Friday night but not there Sat. when everything happened). They really missed a great opportunity. If I had any materials I would have manned the booth. Instead, I built a good relationship with the head Romney guy and he invited me to come speak on the Constitution to his group. I will be able to sway them all."

Listen up. I was one of the people that manned the Ron Paul table. I do not take kindly to sufferring foolish comments like the above. Let me explain why.

1) I was told about this event by a friend in my Meetup group here in Orlando. I had very little time to prepare for it. I work my ass off for Ron Paul as the Orlando Meetup Organizer. So getting a last minute heads up for this, I did what I could. And what did you do? Oh, yeah. You dropped your comment in that we weren't dressed in suits. First off, I didn't wear a suit but I did wear a nice polo shirt and dress slacks. First time I came to one of these, but quite frankly I'm not a suit person. Want one, well you seem to fit the bill. Why didn't you at least come over and say Hi? Oh, let me bet, you were too busy. Too bad.

Yeah, the person that volunteered to come along had never been to one of these stuffed-shirt events either. I had posted that to dress nice. He was casually dressed with a collared shirt and nice jeans.

I'm embarrassed that you of all people, a suppossed supporter of RP, would dis him. He took the time to come. Could he have dressed better? Maybe. But he came to work. Unlike you, who's soul contribution to this is criticism. Hope he doesn't read your trash post, because I'll probabley loose him. And yes he comes to meetups and does sign waivings. Right now I want to know EXACTLY what other events and actions you've taken for RP.

2) So you were disapointed we weren't there Saturday. Sorry we were busy. Yep, sign waving. Meeting real people not the closed minded bunch that mostly make up the Republican Party right now. We did have some excellent interactions while we were there at the above meeting and made some excellent contacts as well. I considered it a success. Sorry it didn't measure up to your standards. Next time maybe you could lift your finger and make it all better.

I would have been happy to leave you with signs, slim jims, and our very own (member made) video CD's. But of course you were to busy making judgments to bother asking if we needed help.

I'm very mad that you put this post up. And just as a side note. I also talked with the Rudy guy. He's nice enough, but I think he knows who writes his paycheck.

'By speaking on Constitution I'll be able to sway them all.' Give me a break. Statements like this really display immaturity. But if you enjoy making arrogant statements try this one on. Either I get a public apology or your future posts will be subject to my rather sharp tongue. Your choice.

I guess I've vented enough. And yes I'm a little hot. Just got back from organizing yet another sign waving for our Champion of the Constitution, Ron Paul. It was a great success and no we didn't wear suits. And yes, we gave out 100's of pieces of literature and waved to thousands of cars. We do that a lot here in Orlando.

Again, Jonahtrainer, what did you do today?

Nick Egoroff
Orlando Ron Paul Meetup Organizer.

Will
08-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I spoke with the Chairwoman of the Republican party of Miami-Dade county today. I will be going to Presidency IV in October. I'll have a chance to get Dr. Pauls name out there a bit more. I'll be attending a luncheon with the Governor of Florida and the debate that weekend!

Presidency IV is a statewide convention designed to encourage participation in the Republican Party of Florida and to showcase our Republican Presidential candidates. Presidency IV is a two-day event scheduled to begin on Saturday October 20th with a Governor's Luncheon featuring Governor Charlie Crist and all participating Republican Presidential Candidates. The event will culminate Sunday, October 21st with a live, nationally televised Republican Presidential Debate, to be broadcast on Fox News Channel and on selected Fox local affiliates.

When is Presidency IV?
October 20-21, 2007

heiwa
08-13-2007, 08:25 PM
We need to take action. We need to expose all the county chairs in the whole USA to the ideas discussed by Ron Paul. They will bring all the other republicans with them. Here is what I propose:
1. Put together a packet on the GOP values.

a. Less Taxes
b. Less Government
c. More Personal Responsibility
d. More Individual Freedom
e. Family Empowerment
2. Put together where Bush and the Republicans have betrayed these values

a. Inflation tax (falling dollar), sound Money, removing the IRS
b. DHS, No Child Left Behind, TSA, etc.
c. Where should we start?
d. PATRIOT Act, Military Commissions Act (no Habeas Corpus; explain what Habeas Corpus is; this will get them fired up. I will be lecturing on Habeas Corpus to my new Romney friend and his group and Romney’s talk in the debate about doubling Gitmo. He didn't even know what Habeas Corpus was!?!)
e. No Child Left Behind, home school, keeping more of our $$, etc.
3. Put together a DVD of Ron Paul’s speeches that address these GOP values. The Iowa Straw Poll is an excellent speech to use. The more the better. Put in some old stuff from the 70’s and 80’s to really fan the fire. They will go ‘Where has this guy been? How have I not heard of him?’ We want ‘blowback’ against the MSM!

I think this is necessary also. I'll be glad to help with this. We need to have as much documentation available as possible, so people can just pull it down from a website, print it and present it.

In Peace,
Jen

pennycat
08-13-2007, 08:51 PM
I think this is necessary also. I'll be glad to help with this. We need to have as much documentation available as possible, so people can just pull it down from a website, print it and present it.

In Peace,
Jen

I hope you guys don't think that if you just state the facts, the GOP will come to it's senses. I regularly attend the Executive Meetings of our county Republican group. They are not very open to change. I will continue to debate them. But they have not just 'forgot' the original core values of the party. It goes much deeper.

jonahtrainer
08-13-2007, 09:59 PM
I also talked with the Rudy guy. He's nice enough, but I think he knows who writes his paycheck.
Either I get a public apology or your future posts will be subject to my rather sharp tongue. Your choice.

I guess I've vented enough. And yes I'm a little hot. Just got back from organizing yet another sign waving for our Champion of the Constitution, Ron Paul.

Nick Egoroff
Orlando Ron Paul Meetup Organizer.

Hi Nick,

First, I am not sure if my veiled compliment got through. There were only three tables; Rudy, Romney and Ron Paul. Thank you for having a table for Ron Paul. That alone should speak volumes about his support to those in attendance. Many times just showing up counts for more than what actually gets done.

Imagine what the effect would have been if there were 25 people in white shirts and ties with Ron Paul buttons on armed with slim-jims? In the meeting they talked about the need to get grassroots support. Too bad we did not show them that. Think of the impression of grassroots support if every Meetup group shadowed the other candidate's rallies? Other rallies may have more Ron Paul signs there than those for their own candidates.

Second, I am not sure exactly what you would like me to apologize for but I did not intend any offense with my post. I have attempted to give an objective truthful and accurate recount of the event. If we differ on opinion as to the importance of appearance for reception of the message then I think we both ought to be entitled to our respective opinions. Often strong leaders will occasionally knock horns but, when it comes to our foes, we ought to be united. We ought not to let that divide us so I am sorry for any inappropriate remark in my post and hope you will take into account my motive of hoping to improve the success our efforts.

The average household income and education of the average Republican is higher than the Democrats. In general, they are the leaders in the business community. While we may wish for our message to be judged solely on its content it probably will not be. Dr. Paul usually wears a suit so I think his example is a fine one to follow. Our appearance should not impede and perhaps even enhance the reception of our message. We ought to dress for success (http://www.quintcareers.com/dress_for_success.html) based on the occasion.

We are competing with a highly organized and extremely well financed foe, The Establishment. They will have the best government they can buy. However, they can never buy the passion and desire of those dedicated to their freedom.

Therefore, Ron Paul is their worst enemy. If we expect to have any success we must be extremely diligent, professional and passionate. Ours is a battle of ideas and our idea is the strongest. However, our audience must actually confront the idea in order for it to persuade. The Establishment has drained the passion for politics through their vampiric oppression via the Federal Reserve/Income Tax and its consequences. But the freedom message is a needed transfusion and will invigorate people.

Third, I hope your friend does not abandon the cause of freedom. He has great honor simply by being engaged in the fight in such a minor way as waving a sign or manning a booth. He already has too much honor at stake to simply and sadly settle for obscurity because of some post.

Fourth, I am not sure how relevant my own activities are to this. But today I mentioned Ron Paul in the conversation with four friends. They saw signs the local Meetup group had put up but thought they were a joke. I explained some of his positions and they expressed interest in researching him further. Sat. I handed a slim-jim to the guys at the table next to us at dinner. They had seen a Ron Paul sign and wondered what he was about so I helped answer their question.

I hope you guys don't think that if you just state the facts, the GOP will come to it's senses. I regularly attend the Executive Meetings of our county Republican group. They are not very open to change. I will continue to debate them. But they have not just 'forgot' the original core values of the party. It goes much deeper.

Can you please expound on what types of changes you think have happened? Most I talk with at least on the surface seem to still think they embrace those values.

BLS
08-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Gentlemen....please play nice.

I can see where penny is frustrated and felt slighted.
I can also see where Johan had hoped for more.

My suggestion to a positive resolution (for what it's worth)...is to hook up, get together and work towards a positive solution.

You both seem to want the same thing.

Ron Paul in the White House....please work on it.

pennycat
08-14-2007, 07:32 AM
jonahtrainer said:

"Third, I hope your friend does not abandon the cause of freedom. He has great honor simply by being engaged in the fight in such a minor way as waving a sign or manning a booth. He already has too much honor at stake to simply and sadly settle for obscurity because of some post."

"Fourth, I am not sure how relevant my own activities are to this. But today I mentioned Ron Paul in the conversation with four friends. They saw signs the local Meetup group had put up but thought they were a joke. I explained some of his positions and they expressed interest in researching him further. Sat. I handed a slim-jim to the guys at the table next to us at dinner. They had seen a Ron Paul sign and wondered what he was about so I helped answer their question."

Jonahtrainer, I really must say that you are clueless on what a campaign is. You think that leaning over to talk to someone at a nearby table is going to be your contribution? Then you say that the guy that man's a table at a major Republican conference and then goes out and waves a sign to thousands of cars and hands out 50 slim jims is in your words 'minor' ?? Go read a book on grassroots campaigning so you can at least carry on an intelligent conversation. Geez, with people like this in the campaign I'm very worried.

You know I was just going to hit the send button and just forget this fool. But let me state this very clearly. It is idiots like this that deceive themselves into thinking they are some kind of BIG Ron Paul supporter. They are not. They are nothing short of a cancer that sapps our strength. While they prattle on about the Constitution this, and let's debate that, precious time is WAISTED! What a poor excuse for a Ron Paul supporter you are. Go out there and really make a difference by knocking doors, calling, waving signs, leafletting, etc. Until then sir, have a nice life.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Nick (pennycat),

You are doing a great job supporting Ron Paul in Florida! Doing all of that "grassroots" campaigning is HUGE!!! Fact is, BOTH methods of campaigning are needed in this.

jonah DOES make some valid points. While it is great to wave signs and hit cars with slim jims and other RP literature, we do have to hit mainstream Republicans with the same message, delivered in "traditional" Republican methods. There is more than just getting people to vote Ron Paul.

Dress IS important. There's nothing wrong with a polo or a button down with a pair of Dockers. Though, a shirt and tie just works better at a Republican function. These aren't meetups or a sign waving event. These are events where you might be talking to potential delegates -- THE REAL SUPPORT. Someone under 35 might not really care how you're dressed, but someone who's 60 probably does. I think it's stupid too, but these are facts.

The other reason to "dress nice" is this--you really need to get into the GOP apparatus. Every RP supporter needs to join the Republican Party and get active, attend your conventions, and run and/or vote for slates of delegates who would vote for Ron Paul at State and National Convention. You have to make contacts with the County Chairs, speak at meetings, go to the Executive Committee meetings (they are open to the public), support local GOP candidates, engage them (you'll find that you're in agreement with them on 75% of issues), and act like a Republican.

The Ron Paul Revolution is more than just voting for him. It's about taking over a major political party in a "friendly" coup. If we do not do this, there is a possibility that Ron Paul could win enough delegates in primaries to win the nomination, but without loyal delegates or delegates that follow the rules, he could be sabotaged at the National Convention. I don't really have enough time or space to get into it now, but there is really no LEGAL bound for a delegate to vote for the candidate they are "supposed" to in all 50+ states and territories. Some states' delegates are bound for a first or second ballot, some states are all "unpledged", regardless of the primary or caucus outcome.

Fact is, jonah is correct when he says there is little fire in the mainstream GOP grassroots organizations. They don't see a Reagan. Some think Thompson is a Reagan; we know the truth. Even here in North Carolina, the GOP membership is very anti-Bush. He was hardly mentioned at all in early June at convention, and when he was, I heard some boos. The party is ready for a leader, someone to believe in, someone who says what he means and means what he says. That leader is RON PAUL. We just have to present Dr. Paul to the party. And yes, that means acting like a REPUBLICAN to do it.

pennycat
08-14-2007, 08:15 AM
By all means get involved in the county Republican party's. I've been going for the last two months. I'm on a first name basis with the vice-chair and was just elected precinct captain. I'm also urging all people in our meetup to do the same.

But we are deluding ourselves if we think that we can just walk in and make some good debate points and the GOP slaps their forehead and says, "Geez, thanks for reminding us. You're right, Ron Paul IS the answer." Not happening.

We need to open up the tent and get hundreds of new RP Republicans to enter. That's what I'm doing.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-14-2007, 08:22 AM
By all means get involved in the county Republican party's. I've been going for the last two months. I'm on a first name basis with the vice-chair and was just elected precinct captain. I'm also urging all people in our meetup to do the same.

But we are deluding ourselves if we think that we can just walk in and make some good debate points and the GOP slaps their forehead and says, "Geez, thanks for reminding us. You're right, Ron Paul IS the answer." Not happening.

We need to open up the tent and get hundreds of new RP Republicans to enter. That's what I'm doing.

I agree completely.

Ann Kobialka
08-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Jonahtrainer, I am a life long Democrat 54 year old grandmother. We are all blue collar tradesmen and union members. I have converted 20 - 25 family and friends to Ron Paul, in 4 states. We are donating, sign waving, handing out info and talking in our circles about getting Ron Paul elected. We don't have suits and don't want them. And Please get this through your thick skull. We hate republicans,you make us sick. In our opinion, family and social values republicans suck and your pompous post proves our blue collar democratic opinions of you phony better than thou republicans. We are here to get Ron Paul elected not a republican, you get that? If Ron Paul is not nominated those 25 votes go to who ever the Dems nominate. So please stick your stuffiness up your ass. I'm sure we won't see you in the trenches and we don't want to associate with your ilk anyway. Ann, a Democrat for Ron Paul that knows how to win in a fight.

pennycat
08-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Jonahtrainer, I am a life long Democrat 54 year old grandmother. We are all blue collar tradesmen and union members. I have converted 20 - 25 family and friends to Ron Paul, in 4 states. We are donating, sign waving, handing out info and talking in our circles about getting Ron Paul elected. We don't have suits and don't want them. And Please get this through your thick skull. We hate republicans,you make us sick. In our opinion, family and social values republicans suck and your pompous post proves our blue collar democratic opinions of you phony better than thou republicans. We are here to get Ron Paul elected not a republican, you get that? If Ron Paul is not nominated those 25 votes go to who ever the Dems nominate. So please stick your stuffiness up your ass. I'm sure we won't see you in the trenches and we don't want to associate with your ilk anyway. Ann, a Democrat for Ron Paul that knows how to win in a fight.

Holy you know what! Here's a grandmother that I wish I was related too. Ann, you make my day!

OceanMachine7
08-14-2007, 09:48 AM

Wow. In any event, ours is a battle that needs to be fought on multiple fronts.

jonahtrainer
08-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Holy you know what! Here's a grandmother that I wish I was related too. Ann, you make my day!

She actually sounds like my own grandmother and Aunt Becky!

Ron Paul's message is not a Democrat v. Republican. Both parties have held inviolate the Constitution. Remember, Thomas Jefferson was a member of the Democrat-Republican Party.

The Republicans infringe the Constitution in civil rights areas by wanting to establish a King (Executive powers and privilege) and uphold it with economic areas but still hold it inviolate by not fighting against the central bank. The Democrats infringe the Constitution in economic areas and uphold it in civil rights areas but now disregard it with the current domestic wiretapping. They have become two wings on the same bird designed to distract us from the real fight.

The Constitution and freedom message brings us together. It has been holding the Constitution inviolate that has divided us. At the end of the day, we will either unite together for freedom or be tagged with a Real ID RFID chip separately.

Ron Paul's message may end up splitting up the two parties; especially if Hillary gets elected, as Intrade (http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/contractSearch/searchPageBuilder.jsp?z=1187111369296&grpID=95#)seems to predict, and after eight years the Democrats are as frustrated with her as the Republicans are with Bush.

White or blue collar I don't really care as we are all freedom loving Americans. The issue is what is the most effective form of marketing? When marketing to republican business leaders in Florida or Texas I think a white shirt and tie will be more effective than jeans. When marketing to democrat blue collar workers in Michigan or Pennsylvania or wherever I think jeans may be more effective than a white shirt and tie. At the end of the day, a vote is a vote.

FSP-Rebel
08-14-2007, 11:46 AM
I like the strategy talk but it seems there should be less animosity amongst our members. Remember that staying positive works. If I hear one more post where someone cries that they're a better activist than the next... Can anyone honestly say that this isn't childish?

po14015
08-14-2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.ronpaulbradenton.com/ronpaul/orlando2.jpg

Thank you for having the table.

I had posted it to the Florida Organizer list, but I must not have emailed all the organizers.

You are setting a very high standard that I hope every group across the country will follow.

Curt

sylvania
08-14-2007, 12:30 PM

I think you might have missed the point that the event in question was Republican, not an event held for Democrats. There are different aprpoaches you need to take with different groups.

While I hope as many Democrats as possible vote for Dr. Paul in the general election, I also recognize they will not get that opportunity if he is not elected as the GOP nominee first. Even in states that have open primaries, the majority of voters for the GOP nominee will be Republican. I think diminishing the importance the Republican base is very foolish.

Attending GOP events is important and so is dressing so that your appearance isn't the reason your message goes unheard. I know that when I go to a job interview I wear the nicest clothes I own. Why? Because people judge others by their appearance. Sad, but true. The world is a busy place and people are forced to make snap decisions about people - appearance is usually considered a quick way to do that.

I don't think dressing in a suit is phony. Instead, it is dressing so that your message isn't dismissed because of your appearance. To think that appearance is unimportant because Dr. Paul's message is just sooooo powerful is incredibly shortsighted. While there are many people in the world who will look beyond someone's appearance, there are far too many that won't. And I, for one, want to get his message heard. It has to be heard before anyone will support him and the GOP is, by definition, a conservative group. So if it's a GOP event I'm attending, I'll be wearing my conservative clothes.

ARealConservative
08-14-2007, 01:01 PM

This is completely unnecessary.

I could say a thing or two about democrats, and unlike your rant, mine would be factual and historically sound.

But that does us no good.

This red state vs blue state rhetoric is all part of the game politicians want us to play to keep us divided and miss on the big picture.

Leave the idiotic red state blue state rhetoric at the door people!

Ann Kobialka
08-14-2007, 01:30 PM
You folks are missing the point not me. It wasn't a red state blue state rant, it was a direct attack towads one person who by explaining who he was with and how he was dressed and how many business cards he passed out and how oh so this I am and Oh how that my group is that it set me off. Believe me I've taught a couple generations how to dress properly as the occasion requires. This was not etiquete 101 this was a heart felt go jump in the lake to a self promoting jerk. One last thought and then I'll drop this. He mentioned that there is no grass roots being felt at his meetings. Well if Dr. Paul isn't nominated and we the real grass roots go home he will still be standing around swapping business cards and discussing how limp the GOP nominee is and how there are not any sign wavers and meetups happening anymore with the same group he is hanging out with now. Me and mine are here to try and save this country. Not have some pompus fool look down his nose at our "minor" contributions compared to his conversations with other self important "major" contributors. Ann