PDA

View Full Version : Something stinks in Indiana

gracebkr
02-14-2008, 11:49 AM
I went to my Republican meeting and found out that someone was running against me in my district for delegate. They told me there was no way I would win against this person and if I didn't drop out they would not appoint me delegate in another area if one was open for me. I felt like they were basically saying I wouldn't win and if I didn't do what they wanted they would make sure I couldn't be a delegate. Then I get signatures to turn in to get Ron Paul on the ticket. Most places were ok, but I went to this one county to turn in 11 signatures and they were absolutely giving me a hard time. I wanted to wait for the receipt and they told me I would have to wait to have them done because they were busy and then going to lunch. Now imagine this, I am there with 3 kids under six years old and they are telling me I have to wait for them to finish and eat, which would be about an hour and a half. I asked then to have them mailed back to me and they said they wouldn't pay for postage and I said I would pay, then they asked for an envelope and they said the envelope I had "didn't look legal" and I said well "I got it from the USPS" and they handed it back to me. Then she said I would have to go to the post office and get the stuff I needed before they would send it. I said "I have never been to a government facility that refused to help me get the paperwork and refused to mail it to me." She said they don't do it there. So I left and went into another office down the hall unbeknownst to her and told someone else what she had said to me. The woman rolled her eyes gave me another envelope and a stamp and told me to "give that to her." She was most helpful and refused payment. I went back and gave it to the woman and I told her I got it from someone else in the buliding and the woman was yelling as I left!
I called the next day, yesterday to make sure those signatures were being sent to me. 4 of those signatures, which I received in the mailed today in an envelope barely sealed were marked not good because the "signatures did not match." I think this sucks and I am po-ed.

kathy88
02-14-2008, 11:53 AM
The first thing I would do is call your local newspaper and get an editor on the phone. If they have anyone on staff with a backbone, this will get out.

ronpaulhawaii
02-14-2008, 11:56 AM
The first thing I would do is call your local newspaper and get an editor on the phone. If they have anyone on staff with a backbone, this will get out.

+1

bucfish
02-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Contact voter fraud and election fraud sites Tell them your story as well as Campaign HQ

NeoRayden
02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Get ahold of username Melissa on this forum she can help you or get ahold of someone that can. Also go to www.ronpaulpublic.com and signup for the two meetup on there. Tell them what happened and Carol Paul herself can help you.

TruthAtLast
02-14-2008, 12:09 PM
wow. I can't believe how twisted and controlled our "democracy" is, even down to the local level.

Jordan
02-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah Indiana sucks, I live here too.

nullvalu
02-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Wow. I had no problems here in Lake county, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Regarding delegate, DO NOT let them push you around. Do not let them intimidate you. This is an election, and people will vote for whoever they want. I would HIGHLY recommend that you canvass your precinct with information about Ron Paul, and also add a note to vote for you for state delegate. This is what I plan on doing.

Also, since you still have time, I'd recommend that you STICK IT IN THEIR EYE and also run for Precinct Committeeman. And win.

rmholla
02-14-2008, 12:22 PM
The good thing is that this was at the local level and that is the easiest way to fix a problem like this.

Start telling everyone you know. Write a letter to the editor about it. Call all of your local talk radio shows.

I am sure you can get her fired with a little effort. Too bad you didn't get her on a cell phone camera yelling at you. THAT would have been priceless.

On a side note, if I were you I would have waited right there in her office. I'm sure your kids fussing would have gotten under her skin. I would have made sure she had NO peace.

-

nullvalu
02-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh, one more question. How many delegates are assigned to your delegate district? Some may only have 1, but many have more than 1 assigned to them. In my particular district we have 4 delegates assigned. If there are more than one delegates allocated to your district, then they have flat-out lied to you. You can find out how many are allocated by calling your county election office.

Ex Post Facto
02-14-2008, 12:30 PM
I've had this same experience with other federal agencies I've gone into before. I had my employer at one point serving alcohol to minors, on a shift I managed. When I brought it to the attention of my boss, he said, "Why do you have a problem with it, just look the other way." Then emphasizing, if I didn't like it I should quit. Pissed beyond all belief I contacted the appropriate authorities. After calling everything from the alcohol licensing to the sheriffs department and getting the run around, I realised nobody could do anything, or at least they claimed not to have authority. This is the biggest problem with Federal agencies, they forget they are there to serve the people. Unless multiple people get involved a single person does not get much accomplished. You need more people than they have to get something moved through the process.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-14-2008, 12:35 PM
I KNEW there was a reason we wanted to move back to Ohio!

I'm sorry for your experience, as others have said report this crap!

nullvalu
02-14-2008, 12:52 PM
bump.... gracebkr where'd you go?

Pauliana
02-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Death throes. Thrashing about and gnashing of teeth. Just hang in there, be patient, don't be intimidated.

The party is ripe for takeover and rebranding. But we have to show up and be patient.

affa
02-14-2008, 01:12 PM
bump

gracebkr
02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
bump.... gracebkr where'd you go?

Sorry about that, I actually got a call back from someone who got the signatures that I turned in. He was upset, one set of people on there were clearly married. One signature was not let through because "it did NOT match" The guy I talked to said the man had hurt his hand and his wife filled out all the information and he signed it. I mean, this is so intentional, why would a married woman sign her name, (the accepted signature) and then permit someone to forge her spouses? (the rejected name). He said he was going to make a big stink about this and I told him to go ahead, but he wanted to make sure I was not affiliated with this county, BTW- this happened in Jasper county, Rensselaer.

nullvalu
02-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Did you find out how many state delegate slots are allocated for your district? If not, let me know which delegate district you're in and I could try to find out for you.

limequat
02-14-2008, 01:52 PM
I've had this same experience with other federal agencies I've gone into before. I had my employer at one point serving alcohol to minors, on a shift I managed. When I brought it to the attention of my boss, he said, "Why do you have a problem with it, just look the other way." Then emphasizing, if I didn't like it I should quit. Pissed beyond all belief I contacted the appropriate authorities. After calling everything from the alcohol licensing to the sheriffs department and getting the run around, I realised nobody could do anything, or at least they claimed not to have authority. This is the biggest problem with Federal agencies, they forget they are there to serve the people. Unless multiple people get involved a single person does not get much accomplished. You need more people than they have to get something moved through the process.

Uh, you called the police on your boss because he's sharing beer with employees?

And you are now complaining that the "authorities" didn't do enough?

Are you sure you are on the right forum?

gracebkr
02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Okay I found out my signature is not counted when putting Ron Paul on the ballot because I changed my voter card to match my married name, which I will be using when I run for delegate. They told me that since the computer isn't updated yet, I don't have a valid signature. I told them how can I not be valid when I vote last election at this address and I am running for candidacy and I already have my new voter card with my name. She said it was the law. I don't know if it is, but I thought it was to prevent fraud, not stop people who get married from having a say so. It makes no sense. Clearly it is not a fraudulent signature. Is this true, is it against the law to count my signature or is it a law that they can, but they don't have to if they KNOW who it is?

pacelli
02-15-2008, 01:31 AM
bump

Revolution9
02-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Uh, you called the police on your boss because he's sharing beer with employees?

Well. You said it nicer than I.

Randy

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-15-2008, 01:55 AM

Not 'employees', minors.