PDA

View Full Version : Internet TV set?

Elwar
02-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Here's my idea for beating the MSM and getting a pro-liberty message out to the masses:

Why not work with a TV manufacturer to incorporate an Internet connection into the TV set? And I'm not talking some sort of "web TV" gizmo that allows you to surf the web on your TV...I'm talking about Internet TV channels...

You set up your TV...you go into the menu and choose your wireless connection...it goes out to a default website (default.tv) which has 20-30 channels that play on your TV...all easily flipped through as though it's a regular TV. The key here being that you feel like you're watching television (grandma can watch her "shows" just the same way as she always has). You might be able to choose other web sites through the menu button...all with the same APIs that make it seemless allowing flipping through the channels with the remote control. This would allow for independent TV stations (sites) to pop up at super low costs. The corporate media channels would suffer a quick horrible death.

Any thoughts?

And ya, I know "you can do that right now with *insert high tech monstrosity gizmo combination here*" but I'm talking simple grandma (high voting block) technology.

RollOn2day
02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
OK folks here it is.
How does Dominoes Pizza let you know they have a 3 for 1 sale going on this week?

Marketing 101

Go to the consumer, do not make the consumer come to you.

Where is the consumer?
In front of the TV watching Fox, CNN, TNT, USA, A&E, TWC, TBS, TLC, DISC etc etc etc.

What does Taco Bell, Wendy's, McDonalds, Dominoes Pizza do to influence the public?
Create there own TV Channel? Make TV manufacturers create a special chip inside there TV's?

NO NO NO NO NO!!! What the do is ADVERTISE!! and move a nation :30 seconds at a time...on the stations they are already watching! Dont cha get it??

Cant do it? To expensive? Think again! Cable tv ad spots in my hometown of 10k costs $3 per 30 second spot. Did you read that right? Yes you did.

Remember that Cable TV is in 75% of homes! Thats 75% of the folks just sitting there waitiing to be sold something!

Now here's the marketing plan. Use all 17 channels that my local cable inserts local ads on and buy 10 ads per channel or 170 :30 second commercials a day. for a total budget of $510 a day or the cost of 1/4 page ad in the local paper.

By the end of one week your community may not agree with your message but by god they would know about it!

Get together with local grassroots people to chip in and fund the TV ad campaign. Get ads from grassroots producers and RUN EM!

Forget that Fox and Cnn and MSNBC won't show Ron Paul. They will gladly take our money on "LOCAL CABLE TV AD INSERTION!" and in this way we....TAKE OVER THE MEDIA!

kathy88
02-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Working on just that in rural PA as we speak.

RollOn2day
02-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Way to go, kathy88!!! What spots are you going to run?

This is the way to do this! I don't know how to get this forum to understand this powerful tool and use it on a local, rural, urban and grassroots level.

It is the way to take over the TV! MSM can't do a thing to stop this as they are OBLIGATED to take all political ads that are paid for.

Come on folks!!!

Its easy! It's fun! and I'll show you how!!!

RollOn2day
02-14-2008, 01:26 PM
bump for MSM take over

IPSecure
02-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Here is the solution:

http://www.tvunetworks.com

You can setup your own World-Wide Broadcast Channel!

Current Streams:
International News, Comedy Channel, foxynews, c-span, etc...

mavtek
02-14-2008, 01:37 PM
make your channel compatible with MS Media Center and it will work on that and Xbox