PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Ron Paul Racing

Penners
02-14-2008, 10:16 AM
I just got off the telephone with Fitz Motorsports... the secretary did not know about the deal BUT she stated that she would not know anything about sponsorship or signage deals for the car. She stated that everyone who would know is currently in Daytona. Encouraged her to find out so that she can accurately answer the question for the next caller.

Anyway here is a link that leads me to believe that the thing is legit.

http://www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/?p=37#comments

This is a statement by Kenny Wallace.

While I am not a NASCAR fan, I'd love the see the "million dollar donors", if they are for real, get this off the ground.

ToryNotion
02-14-2008, 10:24 AM
I think it is legit but they organizers are a bit more enthusiastic than they are experienced at doing this sort of thing. Which describes about 95% of the people doing these grassroots projects?

raystone
02-14-2008, 10:35 AM
did anyone explain why they have a stock car covered with huge Ron Paul decals panning on their main page....when the actual decals would be "An 18″ x 12″ decal on both sides of the car "

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-14-2008, 10:45 AM
did anyone explain why they have a stock car covered with huge Ron Paul decals panning on their main page....when the actual decals would be "An 18″ x 12″ decal on both sides of the car "

I was wondering the same thing.

IPSecure
02-14-2008, 10:51 AM
I am wondering why out of 300 million people, that we cannot support this project to have Kenny Wallace's team drive a car as envisioned.

We bitch and moan about lack of coverage in the media, and this project has the ability to reach 75 million+.

If we could get $1 each from all supporters, this would rock.

Then again, it seems that the Federal Reserve is at war with Ron Paul's base, keeping us so broke, that we cannot support the doctor.

ToryNotion
02-14-2008, 10:51 AM
I think the graphic is a carry over from the original plan to get a Primary sponsorship of a Sprint Cup Car for a single race, the Daytona 500. They need to parse their statements more carefully and keep the website imagery consistent with their plan no doubt. I think they were somewhat limited in what they could announce and what they could show by direction of the team with which they were negotiating as well.

ToryNotion
02-14-2008, 10:54 AM
The way the donations are coming in it looks doubtful that this blimp will every fly. But a lot of people said that about this campaign. We'll see.