PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find dirt on Ron Paul

hillertexas
02-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Folks, I really need your help. We've got to find some dirt on our candidate and find it fast.

I’ve carefully searched Ron Paul’s personal background. Can you believe this guy has been married only once? And, that he’s been married to that same woman for 51 years? Surely there must have been numerous affairs during that time, but I’ve been unable to find a single instance of it. I’ve listened to quite a few interviews with his wife (hoping to detect a chink in his armor) but all she does is blather on and on about what a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather he is. She fawns over his impeccable integrity and how he would make such a great president. Give me a break, Mrs. Paul.

I checked Ron Paul’s professional background. We all know that every politician has done at least one illegal stock trade or colluded with someone at the corporate level in some way, at least one time, if not many times. But if Ron Paul has, he’s done a masterful job of hiding it. Even in his private practice as an OB/GYN, he has delivered over 4000 babies...and performed several of them without the patient paying a dime! No wonder they say he’s crazy. And no wonder he’s not a multi-millionaire like Mitt Romney. He should at least talk to Hillary Clinton about investing in cattle futures.

I went on to Ron Paul’s political record. I just knew that I’d find dozens of flip-flops on important issues. After all, no politician can survive the establishment without selling out his true principles. It was only a few months ago that John “We must protect our borders” McCain, was trying to push an amnesty bill for illegal immigrants down our throat. It's certainly no secret that Mike “I'm full of one-liners” Huckabee raised more taxes than Bill Clinton. But, alas, much to my dismay, I found Ron Paul’s voting record in 2007 to look like a carbon copy of all his previous voting records. No spin, no double-talk, nothing. What’s up with this guy??

Don’t think I haven’t looked for a way to play the race card, either. I had heard some rumors about Ron Paul being a radical, white-robed, racist. Of course, his own personal and political history provides an awful lot of evidence that he supports equality for all individuals and preferences for none. Well… now what?

Well, out of total desperation to find something—anything—that might blemish Ron Paul’s character, I reviewed every single debate performance. I listened intently for contradictions in his statements. I found none. I watched carefully for cheap shots at his opponents. Not even once. I looked for instances of whining about his unfair treatment by the moderators. Nadda. I couldn’t even find a single occasion where he rudely kept talking long after he was told that his time was up!

What are we supposed to do???

Every top tier presidential candidate either has a scandal in their background, an inconsistent voting record, or some disconcerting weakness in their character. Given the current requirements for popular support, Ron Paul obviously doesn’t stand a chance in hell.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JWAcEI1_-qg

I can't take credit for writing the above...in fact, I can't even remember where I got it.
However, I thought this "style" of writing might work on some people. We could adapt it (adding more real dirt on McCain and Huckabee, making the ending more positive and active, etc) and send it out.

Just a thought.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Every top tier presidential candidate either has a scandal in their background, an inconsistent voting record, or some disconcerting weakness in their character. At this point, I seriously think we should search the underbelly of America for a new nominee. Given the current requirements for popular support, Ron Paul obviously doesn’t stand a chance in hell.

That's why the media has ignored him. What fun is it in broadcasting the same message of integrity and honesty over and over? There's no drama factor.

Mauiboy86
02-14-2008, 10:19 AM
I think one of the stipulations to be president is that you must have at least 3 different scandals, an inconsistent voting record and a disconcerting weekness in their character to be elegable! Ron Paul just does not fit into that catagory!

PaulineDisciple
02-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Just trot out his voting record, most Americans have been conditioned to reject a sound constitutional voting record and would consider his voting record all the dirt you need.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong on this.