PDA

View Full Version : The Truth Behind McCain

tribute_13
02-14-2008, 09:51 AM
This an official release including comments made by McCain contradicting his War Hero status.

<a href="http://www.usvetdsp.com/story22.htm">Truth About McCain<a/>

Now the story regarding his responsibility for the deaths on the Ari Craft Carrier WAS a electrical malfunction, he was just present at the time of the incident.

ErikBlack
02-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Why does being a "war hero" carry any weight in this country in the first place? I can understand why the Vikings would want a war hero for their leader. If you are a barbaric, conquering, war-like race you need a good leader. But the United States (supposedly) is a nation of peace, diplomacy, laws and freedom. What good does a war hero do us? McCain wasn't a brazen defender of this nation. The war he was involved in was Vietnam which was a completely aggressive action on our part. Vietnam never threatened or attacked the United States. And McCain wasn't your every day enlisted man who signed up because he loved his country and went on to do well out of a misplaced sense of duty. He was the admirals' son. The bosses son. You know, the incompetent jackass who comes in and gets the corner office, starts bullying everyone and acting like he owns the place even though he doesn't know squat. Maybe that's why Ron Paul appears to be the best friend of enlisted men and women, even though McCain pretends to be their buddy.

McCain isn't a "war hero". He did not go beyond the call of duty to save the lives of his fellow soldiers or orchestrate or lead an attack on the enemy that was crucial to the success of his mission. All he did was get caught in a bad situation and did whatever he had to do to survive. Anyone would have done the same thing in his place. I wouldn't wish what happened to him on anyone and I don't hold it against him that he talked or did anything else to keep himself alive. But it doesn't qualify him as a "hero". Even if he was a genuine hero that wouldn't make him any more qualified to be president of the United States except for the fact that it reflects on his character, but McCain's seedy past doesn't show a man with a well-developed character. It shows a wounded, angry man with a chip on his shoulder who desperately wants to make his mark on the world stage before he fades into the blackness.

Banana
02-21-2008, 05:10 PM
The idea was that by having war experience, you are more qualified to be a commander in chief than if you were just a empty suit.

Not really a good rationale, but there you have it.

-lotus-
03-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Why does being a "war hero" carry any weight in this country in the first place? I can understand why the Vikings would want a war hero for their leader. If you are a barbaric, conquering, war-like race you need a good leader. But the United States (supposedly) is a nation of peace, diplomacy, laws and freedom. What good does a war hero do us? McCain wasn't a brazen defender of this nation. The war he was involved in was Vietnam which was a completely aggressive action on our part. Vietnam never threatened or attacked the United States. And McCain wasn't your every day enlisted man who signed up because he loved his country and went on to do well out of a misplaced sense of duty. He was the admirals' son. The bosses son. You know, the incompetent jackass who comes in and gets the corner office, starts bullying everyone and acting like he owns the place even though he doesn't know squat. Maybe that's why Ron Paul appears to be the best friend of enlisted men and women, even though McCain pretends to be their buddy.

McCain isn't a "war hero". He did not go beyond the call of duty to save the lives of his fellow soldiers or orchestrate or lead an attack on the enemy that was crucial to the success of his mission. All he did was get caught in a bad situation and did whatever he had to do to survive. Anyone would have done the same thing in his place. I wouldn't wish what happened to him on anyone and I don't hold it against him that he talked or did anything else to keep himself alive. But it doesn't qualify him as a "hero". Even if he was a genuine hero that wouldn't make him any more qualified to be president of the United States except for the fact that it reflects on his character, but McCain's seedy past doesn't show a man with a well-developed character. It shows a wounded, angry man with a chip on his shoulder who desperately wants to make his mark on the world stage before he fades into the blackness.

QFMFT!! 5 stars

Charles Wilson
03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
John McCain is a war monger, pure and simple. The man is dangerous. God help us all if he gets elected President. The mere thought of him having his finger on the nuclear trigger sends shivers down my spine.

Folks voting for John McCain and Hillary or Obama are voting for the destruction of our country and a devastating blow to their lives. Unfortunately, many of us will have to suffer the consequences of their ignorance along wth them.

josephadel_3
03-09-2008, 09:42 PM
link doesn't work, but a google search works. John McCain is a giant douche.

Penners
03-09-2008, 10:23 PM

+100000

Banana
03-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Not disagreeing with ErikBlack, but figured wanted to offer a perspective about this whole "war hero" schema....

I think it all started with having generals as president- Eisenhower as a starter, and since President was a Commander-in-Chief, it seems logical that if we had a general who was experienced in warfare, he'd be a good Commander-in-Chief. After that, it became all about whether they have any military experience and as time passed, it became blithering over whether one dodged the draft in 'Nam. Basically, what once was a reasonable argument degraded into a empty rhetoric.

raiha
03-10-2008, 01:21 AM
It shows a wounded, angry man with a chip on his shoulder who desperately wants to make his mark on the world stage before he fades into the blackness.
Well he should just piss on a lamp post like all other hounds of war.

wv@SC
03-10-2008, 06:14 AM
John McCain is a war monger, pure and simple. The man is dangerous. God help us all if he gets elected President. The mere thought of him having his finger on the nuclear trigger sends shivers down my spine.

Folks voting for John McCain and Hillary or Obama are voting for the destruction of our country and a devastating blow to their lives. Unfortunately, many of us will have to suffer the consequences of their ignorance along wth them.

While you are correct, McCain would be slightly better than Obama or Hillary. But (as I believe I've stated before in another thread) if he gets elected, it won't be because I voted for him :)!

angelatc
03-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Not disagreeing with ErikBlack, but figured wanted to offer a perspective about this whole "war hero" schema....

I think it all started with having generals as president- Eisenhower as a starter, and since President was a Commander-in-Chief, it seems logical that if we had a general who was experienced in warfare, he'd be a good Commander-in-Chief. After that, it became all about whether they have any military experience and as time passed, it became blithering over whether one dodged the draft in 'Nam. Basically, what once was a reasonable argument degraded into a empty rhetoric.

Washington was a General. The military leader-turning-president isn't anything that Eisenhower started.

llkwildcatt
03-11-2008, 02:29 AM
AND THER CAT SAID he did, I wenta to tahe tent and saw a dog... Go Hillary R clinton:eek:

Virginia Martin
03-11-2008, 01:51 PM
McCain will be just another puppet like George Bush. As a matter of fact we could call him McBush.

Obama does not know squat and Hillary is Bill in disguise. Media made sure to promote the worse candidates as front runners. I don't believe people voted for any of them more than Jon Edwards or Mitt Romney. I also believe Ron Paul got more votes than we will ever know.

This whole country is controlled by MONEY, or I should say those who have the MONEY, the Bankers. They have the money to control media. They are blood suckers. Everyone of us who lives pays taxes to the Bankers. You may call it inflation or high prices, but it goes in the pockets of the Bankers. The IRS gets the rest and even that goes to pay the interests on the money the government borrows from the Federal Reserve - ie Bankers. The Bankers set up a system that swindles every living person one way or the other. Credit cards, interest on loans, taxes, just name it. Right now, the Bankers have started a recession. Then, it may be a depression, Those guys are the ones who decide everything and the bought politicians cooperate.

Together, the Bankers and Government, rip off the American people regardless of race, creed, religion, etc.

tribute_13
03-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I really think that the original plan was this...

Bush Sr. proposed NAFTA
Clinton got it Signed!
Bush Jr. Implemented it with the Texas Corridor

and either....

McCain who has received endorsements from the Bushes will continue it.

Clinton will definitely continue she says she doesn't support it but she played a hand in starting it.

McCain I think was the GOP's nominee before the primaries even started. Ron Paul threatens NAFTA and the NAU but all the other candidates want it to happen.

tribute_13
03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
McCain will be just another puppet like George Bush. As a matter of fact we could call him McBush.

Together, the Bankers and Government, rip off the American people regardless of race, creed, religion, etc.

Actually it's the MSM ceo's such as Ted Turner who have large amounts of stock and shares in companies like General Electric and pharmaceuticals that lobby on the Hill. But Ron Paul wants to get rid of all their power and that threatens their pocketbook, therefore those people who have media stations such as FOX and CNN used thier biased reporting because the "man" said to cover a certain candidate more than the others. Control the Media, Control the Minds!

mordechai
03-13-2008, 09:14 AM
He wasn't the only one, but he was the most serious one by far. However, all were quickly ushered off stage by the GOP leadership.

hairball
03-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Military background is a definite plus. Many of our presidents have had some. It shows an ability to think under pressure. An empty-suiter like Obama has NO credibility.

Being Top of the military chain, I would prefer a person with some experiance over some collegiate type who has mcuh book learning, but little understanding of how people on the outside and abroad may see us.

Problem for Paul wasn't so much the media, but the people. When you have a population that has the attention span of a goldfish, you can't hold their attention unless you stay at the forefront. It also did not help that when the curious got to know some of Ron's more 'zealous' supporters, they were turned off.

True, McCain's only real accomplishment seems to have been enduring and surviving a bad situation. But then, a lot of people do not, so that says something, too.

Banana
03-13-2008, 01:40 PM
True, McCain's only real accomplishment seems to have been enduring and surviving a bad situation. But then, a lot of people do not, so that says something, too.

[extreme hyperbole]This almost sounds as if Ron Paul ought to be tortured then caught with a hooker in order to be a 'viable candidate'....[/extreme hyperbole]

;)

hairball
03-14-2008, 07:22 AM
[extreme hyperbole]This almost sounds as if Ron Paul ought to be tortured then caught with a hooker in order to be a 'viable candidate'....[/extreme hyperbole]

;)

Well, it would sure make him more exciting than driftwood.

G-Wohl
03-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Military background is a definite plus. Many of our presidents have had some. It shows an ability to think under pressure. An empty-suiter like Obama has NO credibility.

Being Top of the military chain, I would prefer a person with some experiance over some collegiate type who has mcuh book learning, but little understanding of how people on the outside and abroad may see us.

One can demonstrate "an ability to think under pressure" in a number of ways - it doesn't have to be through military background. Dr. Paul could have used his medicine practice as credibly as his military experience to accomplish this. In fact, considering how "disciplined" (brainwashed) people who serve in the modern military become during training, I'd say there's a serious change that goes on in one's mind who serves. I don't like the fact that so many of our past presidents have possessed this altered mind.

Leave military service to the generals and joint chiefs. That's what they're there for - the president doesn't need to serve in the military to gain the respect of the American people, nor SHOULD they.

Also remember, Hillary didn't serve in the military either. Plenty of women do - why does she get the free ride in your criticism?

Your final flaw in logic is the assumption that people who have served in the military know what people think of us abroad. This is absolutely false - many who join the military never see any amount of combat. And just because we have soldiers dying in Iraq right now does not mean that those who survive this treacherous conflict will have any better understanding of the world when they return home. In fact, I think quite the opposite.

hairball
03-14-2008, 03:06 PM
One can demonstrate "an ability to think under pressure" in a number of ways - it doesn't have to be through military background. Dr. Paul could have used his medicine practice as credibly as his military experience to accomplish this. In fact, considering how "disciplined" (brainwashed) people who serve in the modern military become during training, I'd say there's a serious change that goes on in one's mind who serves. I don't like the fact that so many of our past presidents have possessed this altered mind.

Leave military service to the generals and joint chiefs. That's what they're there for - the president doesn't need to serve in the military to gain the respect of the American people, nor SHOULD they.

Also remember, Hillary didn't serve in the military either. Plenty of women do - why does she get the free ride in your criticism?

Your final flaw in logic is the assumption that people who have served in the military know what people think of us abroad. This is absolutely false - many who join the military never see any amount of combat. And just because we have soldiers dying in Iraq right now does not mean that those who survive this treacherous conflict will have any better understanding of the world when they return home. In fact, I think quite the opposite.

Considering that it is difficult to find a president in our history who was NOT a military man at some time, your point is kinda moot.

I did not think I needed to elaborate any more on the Red Queen and the disaster she would be.

Whatever flaws I may have, you have failed to show by historical examples. Yours is a fuzzy, assumption based cloud-cuokoo ideal. I fear the civilian in power with no understanding of military matters or history more than any general in power. Pacifists will get you killed sooner than anything on the planet.

But then, my ideal race were the Celts, and a finer, evolving civilization in history you will not find.

Your assumption of 'brainwashing' by the military kinda shows your lack of insight and your own predjudice. Too bad, your missing a lot, and dismissing too much when you forget the debt they pay, and the benefits they offer.

revolutionman
03-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Your assumption of 'brainwashing' by the military kinda shows your lack of insight and your own predjudice. Too bad, your missing a lot, and dismissing too much when you forget the debt they pay, and the benefits they offer.

I think its pretty obvious that there is brainwashing in the military, thats why after only a few years of service you still have people fanatical about making their beds in a specific way. I think people who argue that theres not brainwashing in the military do not understand the real concept of brainwashing, and still think of brainwashing in the fictitious sense, with spiraled spinny things and swinging charms while your getting sleepy.

Religion, military, and even modern education, along with media are littered with techniques designed to lower a persons resistance to suggestion.

Any drill seargent who understand their job can tell you that the whole concept of screaming in ones face, belittling them, and running them ragged, is utilized to break down the old "weak" you, and make you into a strong, proud "insert service branch".

Thats brainwashing. for better or for worse, its some one else putting ideas in your head in an indirect manner.

You should check out an article by a professional hypnotist by the name of Dick Sutphen. Its called The Battle For Your Mind.

He's a new agey type but he lays a pretty direct brainwashing regiment out from Jim Jones and Coca Cola, to MLK and Hitler, with USMC and NLP thrown in the mix. You can be skeptical if you want, but its a pretty direct sort of connect the dots. Be ready, its a 14 or so page article.

With that said, I DO think that military service is preferable in a Commander in Chief. Simply because one must understand the workings of the military in order to properly guide and foster a strong and loyal fighting force.

Bro.Butch
04-02-2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s7kEb6Osqc&feature=related :mad: