PDA

View Full Version : The General Election

JohnCrabtree
02-14-2008, 09:04 AM
We received less votes than McCain. Although Political parties elect thier leaders in a way similiar to communist dictatorships pretending to be democracies, I don't want to win like that. I think that McCain deserves to be the Republican nominee because more republicans voted for John McCain than for Ron Paul, in many states with a 10 to 1 ratio.

I do not like the concept of delegates who can vote for whoever they want to, the voters be damned, The delegate is of the ruling class. No I do not agree with this. The vote of the people should be what matters.

The republican party deserves to be punished and that is what is about to happen. In 1964 they were punished for sticking to principles with the Johnson Goldwater Defeat, in 2008, they will be punished for abandoning principles.

John McCain can not win against Barack Obama, and neither could Ron. We are talking about a war of money and not a war of ideas. Had we won the nomination and been stomped by Obama in the general , it would have been seen as a rejection of the American people of Libertarianism and true Republican values. Let's let John McCain and the Neo-cons take that fate.

Obama raised $30 million last month. McCain wins greatly in Blue states in the primaries. I predict Obama will win every state but Arizona.

And I hate to say it because I hate communism. I can not stand either man, but McCain has no chance, and that's because he is a liberal, and Obama can out liberal him any day of the week. People will see after this election that neo-conism doesn't win elections and after this presidency, that communism doesn't work.

Our win will be later on. We will see it over time, and people will remember the choices made and will hopefully someday become sheeps for liberty.

Goldwater Conservative
02-14-2008, 11:41 AM
I do not like the concept of delegates who can vote for whoever they want to, the voters be damned, The delegate is of the ruling class. No I do not agree with this. The vote of the people should be what matters.

The only problem with that is states vote at different times, and if the nomination is "locked up" early the later states will have lower turnout. Giving each state a certain number of delegates means no state's influence is lower than its share of the national population. If we had a national primary, we could probably just go by the straight popular vote. A good compromise would be to allocate delegates proportionally to the popular vote and bind them so long as the candidate they're bound to remains in contention.