PDA

View Full Version : Conf Call with Rep. Cantor, [R] 7th district VA

ToryNotion
02-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Got a phone call last night from Rep. Eric Cantor. The call offered the opportunity to ask a question but I must have pushed '0' too late and was too far down in the queue to get my question on.

It was very frustrating. The questions were so stupid. Anyone with a 4 grade level understanding of Civics would not have asked these questions. Some of the best/dumbest ones were

Hillary and Obama are promising free health care. Why can't we have that?
What doesn't the government do more to stop abuse of reserved handicap parking spaces?
Why isn't the government doing more to regulate growth in my county?

Then there were the single issue zealots and the folks that were complaining because their favorite entitlement program wasn't keeping up with inflation.

I really started to feel sorry for Cantor a bit as I imagined his day being filled with these sorts on inane questions (while he's not 'governing' by totally ignoring the constitution).

There were 3 poll questions (the real reason for the call?) and 2 were 'red meat republican issues': lower personal taxes and lower capital gains taxes. The question on pulling out of Iraq got 24% in favor and I think the good congressman was a bit suprised.

The call allowed any queued questioners who did not get through to leave a voice mail which they said the congressman or his staff would respond too.

I left a VM talking about how the Repub Party needs to listen to RP and find a way to 'leverage' (I hate that word) the support he has gotten and I asked if Cantor has looked at RP's platform in detail and if so where he agrees with RP and where he disagrees and why is he supporting McCain.

tommyzDad
02-14-2008, 09:33 AM
I guess you would have listed if it came up, but was there any mention of the House's version of S. 2248, that the Senate just voted on (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119975)? (Both Warner and Webb voted "Yea" on it.)

ToryNotion
02-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Yes Rep. Cantor spoke in favor of giving the telecoms immunity from prosecution for eavesdropping for 'intelligence' and 'national security' reasons. Hes a chickenhawk through and through.

liberteebell
02-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Dang it! We need to take back Virginia! From Taxportation and property taxes on the local level on up to what passes for senators, I'm over all of them. And so are a lot of other people.

tommyzDad
02-14-2008, 09:51 AM
:p

angelatc
02-14-2008, 05:38 PM
HEADS UP!!! Cantor's blog is taking comments even as I type!

http://www.ericcantor.com/blog/

zara oly
09-26-2008, 09:52 PM
A Jew from the Israeli friendly Brookings Institute, last name Brooks, on NPR, about the bailout, called Cantor a "rebel republican." Is that a joke?