PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporters Raise Funds to Sponsor NASCAR's Mike Bliss and Kenny Wallace

bobbyw24
02-14-2008, 06:06 AM
http://pressmediawire.com/article.cfm?articleID=5329

Ron Paul Supporters Raise Funds to Sponsor NASCAR's Mike Bliss and Kenny Wallace

Imagine That Creative, Imagine That Creative

Published 02/13/2008 - 5:00 a.m.

Slide Show

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Imagine That Creative

Email:
kathleen@imagine-that-creative...

(PressMediaWire) Dayton, Ohio - February 12, 2008 - Supporters of conservative Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul have had to become guerilla marketing experts as they strive to get their underdog candidate more media coverage. Their latest effort is an 11th-hour deal to sponsor two high-profile drivers in NASCAR's 2008 Nationwide Series (formerly the Busch Series.)

The grassroots group, known as Ron Paul Racing, announced today that the proposed season-long sponsorship deal would include the Fitz Motorsports Dodge number 36, driven by Kenny Wallace, and the Fitz Motorsports Dodge number 22, driven by Mike Bliss.

The racing season kicks off on February 16th at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona, Florida, and, like the Presidential campaign, runs into November. If the group is able to raise $100,000 of the $300,000 sponsorship fee by Friday, Feb. 15th, the Ron Paul sponsorship will become official in time for the inaugural race of the season, and the massive media attention that accompanies it.

"The $300,000 sponsorship deal will take Ron Paul's message of Peace, Prosperity and Freedom to over 75 millon NASCAR fans for nearly 40 weeks," says Ron Paul Racing spokesperson Kathleen Hanover. "The deal includes Ron Paul signage on both cars, the team's pit equipment, and both 18-wheel transport vehicles." It also includes appearances by the team's 'Show Cars' at special events. "Ron Paul Racing hopes to schedule the appearance of a Ron Paul Show Car in Texas on March 4th, the day of the state's primary election," says Hanover.

Wallace, known as "The Hermanator," is a popular TV host on The Speed Channel, appearing on My NASCAR and NASCAR Race Day every week. In a recorded message to Ron Paul Racing supporters, Wallace stated his support for Ron Paul and his economic platform, calling the 10-term Congressman from Texas "a breath of fresh air."

Ron Paul Racing is raising funds for the sponsorship at www.ronpaulracing.com with support from the Liberty Racing Political Action Committee. Supporters will sign the sponsorship contract with Fitz Motorsports once they've raised a $100,000 deposit. The group will have to raise $25,000 a month from then on to maintain its sponsorship.

"We think NASCAR fans are a perfect target for Ron Paul's message of small government, low taxes, secure borders, and strong national defense," says Hanover. "It's going to be tough to raise $100,000 in a week…but if anyone can do it, it's Ron Paul's fanatically active grassroots." Other groups of supporters have staged a series of independently organized "money bombs" that have raised up to $6 million for the Ron Paul presidential campaign. Thanks to his rank and file base of support, Ron Paul raised over $25 million in the fourth quarter of 2007, more than any other Republican candidate.

Supporters can donate online at www.ronpaulracing.com.

# # # #

About Ron Paul
Ron Paul is the Conservative candidate for President of the United States. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Ron Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution. Congressman Paul’s consistent voting record prompted one of his congressional colleagues to say, “Ron Paul personifies the Founding Fathers’ ideal of the citizen-statesman. He makes it clear that his principles will never be compromised, and they never are.” Dr. Paul is an obstetrician who has delivered over 4,000 babies during his career. Ron and his wife Carol recently celebrated their 51st wedding anniversary. They have five children, 17 grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. He can be found online at www.ronpaul2008.com.

About Kenny Wallace
Kenny is one of NASCAR’s most colorful and popular personalities. He is featured on well-known racing-themed television and radio shows. Kenny’s popularity still continues to escalate with the success of SPEED Channel’s NASCAR RaceDay, the most popular NASCAR pre-race show, and NASCAR Victory Lane, where he is a regular personality. He's a 9-time NASCAR Busch Series Winner, and winner of 10 NASCAR Busch Series Pole Awards. He was voted the Busch Series' Most Popular Driver in 1991, 1994, and 2006. Racing is in Kenny Wallace’s blood. His father, Russ, was one of the Midwest’s most successful short track drivers and his older brothers, Rusty and Mike, compete against Kenny in the highest levels of NASCAR racing.

About Mike Bliss
A native of Milwaukie, Oregon, Mike Bliss raced his way to the NASCAR ranks driving midgets, super modifides, and sprint cars, landing his first NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series victory in 1993. Bliss began racing in NASCAR in 1995, driving the #08/2 Ford F-150 for Ultra Motorsports, and the next year he finished fifth in points. Bliss ran a partial season for Fitz Motorsports in the NASCAR Busch Series in 2007, posting three top-five finishes and four top-ten finishes. He helped bring the No.22 Fitz Motorsports Dodge to an 11th place finishing position in the NASCAR Busch Series Owners points for 2007.

About Liberty Racing PAC
Liberty Racing PAC was formed by race fans who are dedicated to advancing the cause of Liberty through the political process. We support candidates and organizations who work on behalf of a return to Constitutional government, the advancement of individual political and economic freedom, and the promotion of free market solutions to societal problems.

TXcarlosTX
02-14-2008, 06:28 AM
wasnt there a thread about how this was a scam? is it or not? please help?

bobbyw24
02-14-2008, 06:31 AM
http://onlinesportshandicapping.com/news/news/nascar-news/ron-paul-bets-on-nascar-odds-by-sponsoring-kenny-wallace-and-mike-bliss-02-13-08.html

Here's another article on it. I do not think this is a scam; I heard that the Ron Paul Limo was a scam. The RP supporters who made the NASCAR thing possible are on this Forum.

ToryNotion
02-14-2008, 06:33 AM
I personally don't think this is a scam. The organizers have been very active on this board promoting the project and they do have an audio clip of NASCAR driver Kenny Wallace talking about the project. Because of the campaign laws it has to be run separate from the main campaign and the fund raising has to go straight to the project just like the blimp project. Early on there was some dissension and a few missteps in setting up the proper legal entities and setting up the payment widget on the website. I'm not involved with this in any way but i've been a fan of NASCAR for awhile and i've been a fan of Dr Paul for much longer at it seemed like a great deal to me. Of course, you have to check them out and decide for yourself if it is legit or not. I read the 'scam' posting and I just did not see any evidence at all there, just a lot of speculation.

Fields
02-14-2008, 06:49 AM
wasnt there a thread about how this was a scam? is it or not? please help?

I was thinking the same thing. Where is that piece of **** now?

It says we need 100k by tomorrow and they've only raised 21k....

ToryNotion
02-14-2008, 06:54 AM
There was a thread last night alleging that this project was a scam. To my mind the accusation really did not present any evidence and I see a lot to the contrary.

I understand that people think this is not a good idea and honestly they could be right but to say it is a scam and not present any evidence is just wrong. As I said last night, from what i've seen, if this is a scam then the blimp was a scam.

ToryNotion
02-14-2008, 07:03 AM
The 'scam' accusation post is still active. You can find it with the search function. The scam accusation was discredited. This project is being done like the blimp project was done as an advertising effort collecting funds directly from RP supporters. So how you felt about the efficacy of the blimp will probably determine where you stand on this project. I personally would have rather seen our message on a Sprint Cup car but that is so, so much more expensive so the organizers chose a Nationwide team instead because (I figure) you get more for the $.

Jane Aitken
02-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Of course it's not a scam. The person from the 'pink' website has no clue that this is NOT about money bomb donations, but paying for ADS on the side of a racecar, just like the blimp had ads on the side of it.

I hope they sue her pants off for defamation of character of these people who are working so hard to make this happen.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

kirkblitz
02-14-2008, 07:13 PM
if it was a scam then kenny wallace himself wouldnt be endorsing it.

newyearsrevolution08
02-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I still cant believe people actually donated to this thing.....

Come on people cant you realize a for profit vs. VOLUNTEER effort?

The car needs a sponsor and someone wants to cash in doing it. If the driver is a pro ron paul person then why doesn't HE get the funds raised to fund HIS car?????

Transparency was avoided since the beginning and the $25k MONTHLY as well on top of the 100k deposit is laughable at best. As I said in another thread and happy to see who keeps posting b.s. about this stupid racing "grassroots" effort which is nothing more then to get a driver a sponsor so he can race as well as not disclose where ALL the money is going.

I feel bad for those who got suckered into this one and hope others realize that ron paul will NOT be president by sponsoring this car so use that $100k and $25k a month after that towards something productive.

Blimps and race cars are great advertising for goodyear and NOT for getting anyone elected especially when those who try and set it up are simply out for personal reasons and have ZERO grassroots backing it.

transparency is needed DOLLAR for DOLLAR because like the blimp and those pricks who made $2k a month doing nothing MORE then we FREE VOLUNTEERS are doing many people are NOT going to fund another FOR PROFIT idea......

Here is a thought volunteer your OWN time and money and stop trying to take others to fund some guys racing season.

newyearsrevolution08
02-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Yup, a race car driver never endorses a product just because they SPONSORED the car???? come on man are you serious?

Do you really think those drivers stand by every sponsor they have on their car OR do you think JUST MAYBE they dont really care who the hell sponsors them because no matter what they NEED to get sponsored by someone or something or they cant race. That is why we have pink cars and odds are more then enough guys who would odds are race in a tampex sponsored car and do commercials about tampons being the best thing in the world BUT does it really mean anything? NOPE they just need to get sponsored.

if it was a scam then kenny wallace himself wouldnt be endorsing it.