PDA

View Full Version : What Ron Paul did for me, and why we need to be patient

Rhys
02-14-2008, 03:58 AM
I went from being a Bush supporting Neocon who thought terrorism was the biggest threat the world has seen since commies, to being a Ron Paul Republican... in about a year.

I though terrorists wanted to kill us because we're free and that liberals just wanted to hate Bush so bad that they wouldn't admit it, to our doom.

I had no idea about the Fed and I even said "it's my duty to pay taxes."

It's going to take time for people to hear and accept what Ron Paul is saying. Like he says, he's not talking about tinkering with the system, he's talking about radical change. We'll get there, but we have to be nice about it. Ron Paul says people need to wise up, he doesn't call them sheeple.

You have to admit, it's not like until now, the message has had many ear. They don't exactly teach Mises in school. I'm sad to say, I thought I was informed because I knew who the Speaker of the House is, I watched CNN and listened to NPR and I even knew where Afghanistan was when we were blowing it up!

All this CFR, Fed, Bush being a democrat in disguise....

don't get me wrong, I had slowly been turning on Bush before Ron Paul, which is why I think I was ready to hear the message.... but again, for everyone else... you gotta give them time.

Many people don't know there's not a dime's worth of difference between Bush and Obama, but they think Obama and the democrats will save them. I was even wondering which dem I would have to vote for, not knowing it wouldn't help. I didn't even know exactly why I hated socialized medicine and welfare... maybe, I wondered, I was just mean. lol

Anyway, I like I said, you don't exactly learn Mises in school. I believed in the stock market based, fiat money... because I didn't know better.

It will take us time to get the message out. It's simple, but the system it replaces it not, and will take time to pick it apart for people who are only now ready to be opened to it.

We will win, over a period of years and decades. We will do at home what the neocons want to do in Iraq.... stay forever to spread democracy.

xCakex
02-14-2008, 04:10 AM
I was also a Bush republican in 2004, but when 06 came around I looked for the Democratic party to lead, two years later I'm part of a new revolution.

NightOwl
02-14-2008, 09:01 AM
I also suspect Dr. Paul's book The Revolution: A Manifesto will have the ability to change minds.

RonPaulBookBomb.com

WilliamC
02-14-2008, 09:18 AM
One voter at a time, that is how we will win.

Once people wake up they don't easily go back to sleep, that is our advantage.

I've been awake for a while, but Ron Paul has made me willing to step outside of my comfort zone and into the real world to start being active in politics for the first time.

Now I am willing to talk to acquantinces and strangers about politics, feel them out, and see if they are ready for some gentle pursuasion.

One voter at a time.

I'm guessing that, after this campaign is over, there will probably be 1,000,000 people who have been impacted enough to know more about what's going on than they did before.

Maybe 100,000 of those will be willing to keep doing more than they otherwise would have had they not gotten involved in Ron Paul's campaign.

Maybe 10,000 of those will be hard-core and willing to get involved in their local Republican Party structures and retaking control.

That's a huge influx of new individuals interested in spreading the ideas of true freedom.

And do you know it's just beginning?

liberteebell
02-14-2008, 09:30 AM
What Ron Paul did for me, and why we need to be patient

+1776 to 2008 and beyond.

We can't quit now AND we can continue the fun. Even though or primary is over, several in my meetup have decided to keep doing the sign waving using issue oriented slogans that get people's attention.

But yes: baby steps and patience. It's difficult to get people out of their comfortable way of thinking but once they wake up, they never go back to sleep.

One of my favorite quotes:

“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” ~Lao-Tzu

cswake
02-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Rhys, thank you for sharing that with everyone. You hit it on the head with the comment that this message takes time and patience. We should never be rude to people (ie. fascist, troll, etc) and instead share information and debate issues rather than preaching, that's it. Let them come to the conclusions.

Mordan
02-14-2008, 09:40 AM
yea.. sometimes I get out of hand and being rude and frustrated does not do a dime to further my message.
I think people should discover Ron Paul by themselves. Let them discover the media black out by themselves. just plant the seed. if you go right up in their face telling there is a media black out they won't beleive you and think you are a conspirationist