PDA

View Full Version : NJ Rally. Kickin ass and taking names

max
08-13-2007, 01:50 PM
AWESOME RON PAUL RALLY .....with a surprise twist ending!!

SATURDAY: AUGUST 11th - North New Jersey

About a dozen of us showed up and set up shop at a very busy intersection. We tied our huge "RON PAUL:NO IRS" banner between a traffic light and telephone pole. Everyone had their own signs "SAVE OUR TROOPS"..."GOOGLE RON PAUL"..."HOPE FOR AMERICA" .. "RON PAUL 2008)..

I was amazed at the constant honks that we generated. Some drivers shouted "Ron Paul"...or "Yeah! No IRS!"

There was however one angry driver who passed by honking, waving his middle finger and shouting "F-U!, F-U!"...(more on him later!!!)

Heidi and Anne worked the center divider and then the opposite side of the intersection, while the rest of us waved signs and gave out literature to the motorists stopped at red lights . We unloaded over 300 idiot-proof "Voter Guides" You can view and download this useful guide at

http://ronpaulpostcards.com/candidates.html and an equal number of slim jims.

Over the course of 3 hours, FOUR different people pulled over, got out of their cars, and asked how they could get involved in the RP campaign! We told them about our active group and they are excited about joining! One of these passers-by is the Mayor of Riverdale, NJ. He told me that he would never vote for anybody other than Ron Paul, then he gave me his card if he could be of assistance with future events!

A police officer stopped by and requested information from us! We gave him a Voter Guide and an awesome DVD that Don made (a collection of RP's greatest hits!) The public visibilty was powerful. THOUSANDS of cars passed and saw our cheering mob.

Finally, at the very end, Don, Heidi and I were cleaning up. Remember the guy who had cursed us out about an hour earlier? Well, he returned loking to start trouble. He parks his car and plants himself about 40 feet from us, waving a cardboard sign: "HONK IF YOU DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS" ...and he starts shouting the same words at passing motorists!

I walked over and asked him what his problem was. He starts shouting about what phonies politicians are and accusing us of being paid political operatives. This guy really HATES politicians and he was proud of the fact that he doesn't vote.

I sensed that this gentleman had a few screws loose, (Ya think?) but I always admire a man with balls, so I tried to convert him. I explained to him that we were all non-paid volunteers who finance our own rallies, and that many of us had not voted in years because we also hate politicians.

I asked him: "If you hate politicians as much as you say you do, you really should take a look at this guy before you judge him. He's unique."

"OK, tell me what's so special about him." he asked.

I told him how the Republican party wanted to kick him out because he's different and I handed him a voter guide and a DVD. As he's glancing at the flyer he looks up at me, and in a calm voice, asks: "Is that the guy who was on Comedy Central?"

...NO LIE! Heidi then jumped into the converstaion and we sold him on joing our group! Of course, I may have to keep a tight leash on this dude, but someone as ballsy as him will benefit our group immensely!

So, our middle finger waving, loud mouth nemesis is now one of us! True strory...
That's what the power of truth and the message of liberty can do!

See you all at the next event!

Aldo

isufferfromronpaulfever
08-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Where in NJ? I wish I would have known.

max
08-13-2007, 01:52 PM
parsippany

happyphilter
08-13-2007, 01:53 PM
HAHA, great story! It seems that everyone who hears what he has to say cant finr a reason to hate him!
Hope that guy can use his energy to help the cause :)

JosephTheLibertarian
08-13-2007, 01:54 PM
ohhh where in Parsippany? I live in Newark, but I know that town fairly well. All of your rallies are held there?

max
08-13-2007, 01:56 PM
we will be holding rallies all over North Jersey...

This one was held at Route 46 and baldwin road...lots of traffic...join us!

ronpaul.meetup.com/58

max
08-13-2007, 01:58 PM
By the way,

since I wrote and posted that original letter to my meetup group, I received an email from our new friend. ..."I'm that ballsy guy you wrote about at your meetup site. Count me in!"

JosephTheLibertarian
08-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I signed up to your meet up ;)

quickmike
08-13-2007, 02:02 PM
AWESOME STORY Especially the cop, the mayor, and the psycho part. Thats really good news. Things like that makes it all worth while.

Spike
08-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Ron Paul converts non-believers and people who hate politicans, I think that is his biggest plus.

Hopefully the disenfranchised come out of the woodwork in 08 and vote for him.

Bossobass
08-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Rxcellent work, my friend :cool: :)

Simply outstanding.

Bosso

JPFromTally
08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Rat's Ass - Is that what they're calling Ghouliani these days?

njjack
08-13-2007, 09:01 PM
that's so awesome, looking forward to helping out!

FreedomLover
08-13-2007, 09:04 PM
You'd think there would be a huge amount of disenfranchised voters who hate politicians and politics in general by now. I wonder how many ron paul can rope in, they are a substantial pool.

BLS
08-13-2007, 09:08 PM
AWESOME RON PAUL RALLY .....with a surprise twist ending!!

SATURDAY: AUGUST 11th - North New Jersey

About a dozen of us showed up and set up shop at a very busy intersection. We tied our huge "RON PAUL:NO IRS" banner between a traffic light and telephone pole. Everyone had their own signs "SAVE OUR TROOPS"..."GOOGLE RON PAUL"..."HOPE FOR AMERICA" .. "RON PAUL 2008)..

I was amazed at the constant honks that we generated. Some drivers shouted "Ron Paul"...or "Yeah! No IRS!"

There was however one angry driver who passed by honking, waving his middle finger and shouting "F-U!, F-U!"...(more on him later!!!)

Heidi and Anne worked the center divider and then the opposite side of the intersection, while the rest of us waved signs and gave out literature to the motorists stopped at red lights . We unloaded over 300 idiot-proof "Voter Guides" You can view and download this useful guide at

http://ronpaulpostcards.com/candidates.html and an equal number of slim jims.

Over the course of 3 hours, FOUR different people pulled over, got out of their cars, and asked how they could get involved in the RP campaign! We told them about our active group and they are excited about joining! One of these passers-by is the Mayor of Riverdale, NJ. He told me that he would never vote for anybody other than Ron Paul, then he gave me his card if he could be of assistance with future events!

A police officer stopped by and requested information from us! We gave him a Voter Guide and an awesome DVD that Don made (a collection of RP's greatest hits!) The public visibilty was powerful. THOUSANDS of cars passed and saw our cheering mob.

Finally, at the very end, Don, Heidi and I were cleaning up. Remember the guy who had cursed us out about an hour earlier? Well, he returned loking to start trouble. He parks his car and plants himself about 40 feet from us, waving a cardboard sign: "HONK IF YOU DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS" ...and he starts shouting the same words at passing motorists!

I walked over and asked him what his problem was. He starts shouting about what phonies politicians are and accusing us of being paid political operatives. This guy really HATES politicians and he was proud of the fact that he doesn't vote.

I sensed that this gentleman had a few screws loose, (Ya think?) but I always admire a man with balls, so I tried to convert him. I explained to him that we were all non-paid volunteers who finance our own rallies, and that many of us had not voted in years because we also hate politicians.

I asked him: "If you hate politicians as much as you say you do, you really should take a look at this guy before you judge him. He's unique."

"OK, tell me what's so special about him." he asked.

I told him how the Republican party wanted to kick him out because he's different and I handed him a voter guide and a DVD. As he's glancing at the flyer he looks up at me, and in a calm voice, asks: "Is that the guy who was on Comedy Central?"

...NO LIE! Heidi then jumped into the converstaion and we sold him on joing our group! Of course, I may have to keep a tight leash on this dude, but someone as ballsy as him will benefit our group immensely!

So, our middle finger waving, loud mouth nemesis is now one of us! True strory...

Aldo

Man, that's a great story.

ronpaulitician
08-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Nice job, max!

tnvoter
08-13-2007, 09:16 PM
lol, it's jersey, they usually shout FU when driving anyways

waits for it

wbbgjr
08-13-2007, 09:19 PM

Aldo

Great example of how we can turn our enemies into our friends if we always remain calm. Jumping on someone or shoving info down their throats will instantly turn people defensive and we will never win the argument.

Your strategy of agreeing with him that most politicians can't be trusted must have diffused his anger and brought him to our side.

Great job!

max
08-13-2007, 09:22 PM
EXACTLY!

I let this guy vent...told him I understood, then went into my RP sales talk.

All I asked of him was to just take an open-minded look. I recieved the notice from Meetup today that he joined.

'I'm that ballsy guy you wrote about."..he wrote in his first message.

He respected my polite firmess and that's what gave me the opening. The Voter Guide, DVD did the rest.

klamath
08-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Great story! If Ron paul doesn't win I will join the ranks of disenfranchised voters.

Richandler
08-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Wonder if Ron Paul can get away with a campaign slogan of "kicking ass, taking names"

max
08-13-2007, 09:44 PM
let the good doctor take the high road...

we'll do the dirty work while he keeps his hands clean

Captain Shays
08-14-2007, 07:40 AM
OK your story gave me a great idea. We NJ Paulians need to get together and do more of this. We down here in the nice part of New Jersey, (the South) team up with the Philly group often to make our signs, hold them up, plaster them on overpasses ect. We also need to start teaming up with you guys for the same thing. If interested, our Philly budddies have a whole factory set up to make signs. We can really pump them out big time.

For events and for high traffic areas we need to get together to give the impression that our numbers are growing.

I propose a highway walk. We can spread out in single file for a couple of miles and just walk down the road, each one with a sign that targets a specific issue.
"Get us out of the UN-Vote Ron Paul".
"Democrats were in power for WWI, WWII,Vietnam, Korea, Bosnia, Somolia, Iraq, Columbia, Albania-Dont trust them to KEEP Us out of unneccessary wars. Ron Paul will"
"Abolish the IRS-Vote Ron Paul"

"Me, You and Ron Paul CAN change this country"

"This may be our last chance to preserve our freedom-Vote Ron Paul"

"Stop the loss of our freedom-Vote Ron Paul".

"Restore the Constitution-Vote Ron Paul".

"Policing the world does not protect America-Vote Ron Paul"

Get it? As people go down the highway, they will be inculcated with the freedom message.

If enough of us get together we can span 5 or more miles. Meanwhile, as they look up into the trees, they will also see the signs we have placed there. When they go under an overpass they will see yet another.

Please get in touch with our Cherry Hill Meetup group.

specsaregood
08-14-2007, 08:24 AM
//

Captain Shays
08-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Jay is a GREAT American patriot!! Great guy too.

Who is this?