PDA

View Full Version : Guess who said this to McCain today.

ifthenwouldi
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
"We can't keep on spending money that we don't have on a war that should have never been fought and should have never been authorized."

Barack Obama.

Where's the barf emoticon when you need it.

nate895
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
He is prepping for who he thinks will be his General Election opponent.

Jeremy
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Are you saying Obama is more conservative than McCain? =O

ShowMeLiberty
02-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Barack Obama.

Here: http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/smilies/31.gif

And a few days ago somebody here tried to tell me it was silly to think there were Oprabama infiltrators on this forum. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

nate895
02-13-2008, 10:06 PM

If you were looking at purely the immigration issue from a conservative point of view and only John Edwards and John McCain were on the ballot, you would choose John Edwards.

roXet
02-13-2008, 10:09 PM

I would say that.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-13-2008, 10:13 PM
It depends on the issue as to who is better between Obama and McCain. McCain is very good at shredding the Constitution while a jerk while Obama is good at shredding the Constitution but is inspiring while doing so.

Akus
02-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Barack Obama.

I hope it's the emoticon of a thief

Banana
02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
It depends on the issue as to who is better between Obama and McCain. McCain is very good at shredding the Constitution while a jerk while Obama is good at shredding the Constitution but is inspiring while doing so.

Woah!

I just had this imagery:

George W. Bush => Barack Obama

Dick Cheney => John McCain

Gotta lie down...

BarryDonegan
02-13-2008, 10:19 PM
remember that the funds spent on the Iraq War were also authorized by Obama in the Senate.

mikeycapz
02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Obama is the democrats cheerleader, thats all he is good at. YES WE CAN! CHANGE! CHANGE! CHANGE! wooopeee go democrats.

nodope0695
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
To Obama's credit, he DID vote against the war from the beginning...don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting Obama, but at least he can say that knowing he'd been against the war from the beginning. Hillary can't claim that, Huckster can't claim that, and niether can McShame. The only two candidates running who have opposed the war from the beginning are RP and BO.

peznex
02-13-2008, 10:34 PM
To Obama's credit, he DID vote against the war from the beginning...don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting Obama, but at least he can say that knowing he'd been against the war from the beginning. Hillary can't claim that, Huckster can't claim that, and niether can McShame. The only two candidates running who have opposed the war from the beginning are RP and BO.

Yeah and one of them stinks...;)

Obama also said today that McCain does not know anything about the economy.

Steve_New_Jersey
02-13-2008, 10:36 PM
I would say that.

You have to research what Obama has been doing up until now. He is just as bad. The only difference might be that Obama doesnt spend human life away like John.

BarryDonegan
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM

where are people getting this? he voted to fund the war every chance he got. he voted for the patriot act, and he was not in the senate at the time the iraq war initial invasion was authorized.

heres a link to a boston globe article discussing his defense of voting to fund the iraq war.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/03/22/obama_defends_votes_in_favor_of_iraq_funding/

In fact, the MOST glaring thing about Obama's voting record is the alarming amount of NO VOTES.

do you think most democrats would be happy that he actually has ONLY "NV" votes when it comes to abortion issues? that the majority of civil liberties issues have "NV" and that over half the critical Iraq/Iran Foreign Policy stuff, especially the politically divisive stuff he has a "NV" response?

you know the IRAN declaration of their Military as a terrorist organization, the one he accused Hillary of voting for as a de facto authorization of war? yeah, he NO VOTED on that one too. he actually didn't bother to show up to vote that day and then went into a debate and rode Hillary for her YES vote. If it is critical enough to be a talking point on the campaign trail, why didn't he sound off with a NO vote?

Banana
02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
There are two separate issues:

When the motion to invade Iraq was on the table, Obama voted against it.

But when the motion passed, the subsequent motions dealt with funding the war, Obama voted for it, reasoning that since we're already committed, might as well finish the job.

That's how I understand it.

Not that it makes Obama any better than McWar.

ShowMeLiberty
02-13-2008, 10:45 PM

He did not because he was not in Congress at the time.

nate895
02-13-2008, 10:46 PM

But when the motion passed, the subsequent motions dealt with funding the war, Obama voted for it, reasoning that since we're already committed, might as well finish the job.

Not that it makes Obama any better than McWar.

Obama wasn't in the Senate when they voted on the war. Unless the Illinois State Senate is authorizing our wars now? Now that would be screwed up.

DrCap
02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Obama is the epitome of a politician - he never says anything about how to effect change, has no clue about either domestic or foreign issues, is extremely polished with both his rhetoric and his appearance. He is associated with and probably controlled by utter scum. He is a puppet without substance. It's a disgrace that he is one of my senators. Nevertheless I don't think he will win the election even if he gets the nomination, and we will be stuck with mcwar instead... mcwar could be worse for our country than obama, though it's hard to tell at this point, I can't see that deep into the depths of the abyss. Either would be horrible, I can't believe I'd rather see hitlary or the huckster but I am starting to think even rommel would have been better- our country is going to pick the worst of the worst... if only the neocons can keep the economy from crashing before January, then one of these people will be to blame, but I don't think bush can pull that rabbit out of his hat, the economy will crash first and then the horseman will ride in to 'save the day' - again now I see how the great (soon to be called 'first') depression was created.

nbhadja
02-13-2008, 10:51 PM

Obama voted to fund the Iraqi war for over 300 billion dollars. He wants to move troops from Iraq to Pakistan while not guaranteeing a withdrawal of troops from Iraq until at least 2013. He also wants to invade Iran.

Prez22
02-13-2008, 10:53 PM

PEOPLE....... OBAMA WAS NOT IN THE SENATE AT THE TIME OF THE VOTE TO INVADE IRAQ. He was sworn into office in 2005.

LIVE FREE OR DIE
WRITE IN RON PAUL NOVEMBER 2008

gerryb
02-13-2008, 10:54 PM

Even in our own house we have such misinformation. I wish people would research the facts before spouting positions they heard through the grapevine. The media has done a good job at shaping their candidates images.

Banana
02-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Wow.

I feel like an ass now. (Does that make me a Democrat?!?)

I remember reading through an article saying that he was against war one point but later voted for it on the reasoning that we're already committed, finish the job... That much is sure.

Or I'm suffering a ultra-early Alzheimer's disease... :eek:

wfd40
02-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Obama is the epitome of a politician - he never says anything about how to effect change, has no clue about either domestic or foreign issues, is extremely polished with both his rhetoric and his appearance. He is associated with and probably controlled by utter scum. He is a puppet without substance. It's a disgrace that he is one of my senators. Nevertheless I don't think he will win the election even if he gets the nomination, and we will be stuck with mcwar instead... mcwar could be worse for our country than obama, though it's hard to tell at this point, I can't see that deep into the depths of the abyss. Either would be horrible, I can't believe I'd rather see hitlary or the huckster but I am starting to think even rommel would have been better- our country is going to pick the worst of the worst... if only the neocons can keep the economy from crashing before January, then one of these people will be to blame, but I don't think bush can pull that rabbit out of his hat, the economy will crash first and then the horseman will ride in to 'save the day' - again now I see how the great (soon to be called 'first') depression was created.

You act as though the guy wasn't president of the Harvard Law Review, didn't turn down 300k+ starting salaries from some of the top law firm in the country directly after graduating in order to become a civil rights attorney for the disenfranchised poor in chicago and doesn't surround himself with some of the most insanely astute NON-ESTABLISHMENT minds in the country??

lol...

Oh yeah baby! This guy (http://faculty.chicagogsb.edu/austan.goolsbee/website/) is a total fuckin idiot, sell america to the lowest foreign bidder pro-EXON-type blue-blooded bastard (link is to Obama's head econ advisor, Austan Goolsbee).
:rolleyes:

Some of the people on this board really don't have a clue... you all complain about how the msm painted Dr. paul, and yet here most of you are, echoing the same silly "talking points" on Obama.

Disagree with his positions all you want (I certainly do).. but definitely don't come into this board of all places, parroting the MSM case against Obama

pacelli
02-13-2008, 11:13 PM

I think he's saying that Obama is now ripping off Ron.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
You want to see the real Obama?

http://www.newswithviews.com/Kincaid/cliff207.htm

A nice-sounding bill called the “Global Poverty Act,” sponsored by Democratic presidential candidate and Senator Barack Obama, is up for a Senate vote on Thursday and could result in the imposition of a global tax on the United States. The bill, which has the support of many liberal religious groups, makes levels of U.S. foreign aid spending subservient to the dictates of the United Nations.

Senator Joe Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has not endorsed either Senator Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton in the presidential race. But on Thursday, February 14, he is trying to rush Obama’s “Global Poverty Act” (S.2433) through his committee. The legislation would commit the U.S. to spending 0.7 percent of gross national product on foreign aid, which amounts to a phenomenal 13-year total of $845 billion over and above what the U.S. already spends.

Obama is ready to let the UN dictate how we spend out money.

nbhadja
02-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Wow.

I feel like an ass now. (Does that make me a Democrat?!?)

I remember reading through an article saying that he was against war one point but later voted for it on the reasoning that we're already committed, finish the job... That much is sure.

Or I'm suffering a ultra-early Alzheimer's disease... :eek:

You're suffering from "trust the media" syndrome. ;)

s35wf
02-13-2008, 11:22 PM
the thought of ANY of these creeps running our country scares the shit out of me :(

Can anyone tell me which of these 3 are the least evil???

I see nothing BUT EVIL in ALL of them; Mccain, obama, and hillary :confused:

nodope0695
02-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Even in our own house we have such misinformation. I wish people would research the facts before spouting positions they heard through the grapevine. The media has done a good job at shaping their candidates images.

I thought Obama voted against the war? I read that on a candidate comparison chart, actually two different charts. If I'm wrong, please give me a link to the real story, instead of calling my comment "spouting". I'm a fair person, and if I think something is important I "spout it". However, I'm also honest enough to admit when I'm wrong, so long as I can see evidence of my mistake. So, if I'm wrong, show me, please.

kill the banks
02-13-2008, 11:26 PM
it is a big idea ~ a new world order

kill the banks

ShowMeLiberty
02-13-2008, 11:28 PM
I thought Obama voted against the war? I read that on a candidate comparison chart, actually two different charts. If I'm wrong, please give me a link to the real story, instead of calling my comment "spouting". I'm a fair person, and if I think something is important I "spout it". However, I'm also honest enough to admit when I'm wrong, so long as I can see evidence of my mistake. So, if I'm wrong, show me, please.

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN0923153320070212

Paragraph 6.

fight4liberty
02-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Obama's pulling a scam-a. He's just being a no-honor-politician and telling people what they want to hear and then he's going to do what the warfare people want him to do.

I think he figures that since the establishment media is now touting McInsane as the probable nominee that he can suck some young Paul supporters into his camp if he parrots RP. :mad: