PDA

View Full Version : Call me delusional, but I think we will win....

Akus
02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I think that, with so many set backs, both real and perceived, we will prevail. I think that, at the absolutely last possible moment, something will happen, even the die-hard Bush cockstrokers will understand that the GOP only stands a chance to stay in the White House only if our man represents it, and Ron Paul will win the nomination, and, consequently, the elections.

I don't know why, and it is completely baseless, but I believe that all of our hard work, stress, fear over not getting quite the numbers we want, will come back to us in a good way. The bullshit that media gives us is actually our asset. That is extra rebuttal for us. See, I told you that RP is a good guy, look at the media all but ignoring him, it's because they know that he is not just another lobby prostitute or a power addict.

My faith by no means mean I have to sit on my ass while Ron Paul will somehow magically take over GOP. I have to work and just when I think I am the absolute limit of my efforts, I have to triple them. I will have to read up on things that I don't know that people ask me about. I will have to canvass some more. I will have to help other RP people some more. More more more (in a voice of that Leave Britney Alone dude on youtube lol) is the word.

But through all of that, I believe that we will prevail. Not "oh he lost but hey he stirred some shit and more ppl pay attention" prevail, but "he had this giant movemnt behind him, that's why he won" prevail.

What do you think?

ChickenHawk
02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I think you are delusional. Hey, you asked for it.

N13
02-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Optimist is the way to go.

Kotin
im optimistic.

pacelli
What about the perception that the GOP itself has been infiltrated, threatened, or paid off to allow Clinton to win?

Jeremy
I think we can win eventually, but not necessarily with this campaign... it's not impossible though.

Fields
I think you are delusional. Hey, you asked for it.

+1

Although I am delusional as well. :)

Edu
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
It would be fun to watch the MSM only show hillary, and act like there's no republican. You think people would catch on?

nate895
02-13-2008, 09:25 PM
It would be fun to watch the MSM only show hillary, and act like there's no republican. You think people would catch on?

It would only be Obama, Hillary will not be the Democrat nominee unless she can stop a really popular candidate with a ton of momentum.

PrayToday
02-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Yet another day with at least fifty first time donors. Yet another day with an increase in precint leaders in more precints. Apparently some people aren't getting the memo that it's time to freak out and quit.

nate895
02-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Yet another day with at least fifty first time donors. Yet another day with an increase in precint leaders in more precints. Apparently some people aren't getting the memo that it's time to freak out and quit.

Ron Paul Fan has been banned, that is why.

PrayToday
02-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Ron Paul Fan has been banned, that is why.

I don't follow you. How does that relate to what I posted?

nate895
02-13-2008, 09:41 PM
I don't follow you. How does that relate to what I posted?

He was spreading negativity about how we would NEVER win, as in ever, as in he thinks we couldn't win 4, 8, or even 300 years from now. He was spreading negativity around the forums. To answer your question, however, it was mostly a joke.

PrayToday
02-13-2008, 09:49 PM
He was spreading negativity about how we would NEVER win, as in ever, as in he thinks we couldn't win 4, 8, or even 300 years from now. He was spreading negativity around the forums. To answer your question, however, it was mostly a joke.

Ah, got it. Here's how the misunderstanding went down in my mind. I read your message to say, "Ron Paul has been banned, that is why." So I'm trying to figure out what metaphor you're going for. "Ron Paul has been banned from the media, therefore people aren't getting the message to give up. Because he's not even mentioned anymore, the new suckers are free to donate to a lost cause." Something like that. THEN I actually read you message correctly. And it makes sense. Ron Paul Fan was clearly a time-released troll, if even time-released, maybe he was always a pain. Glad to know that one more toxin is gone.

mikeycapz
02-13-2008, 09:50 PM
I strongly believe we have a shot at winning and I am not delusional

PauliticsPolitics
02-13-2008, 09:51 PM
we actually can win the potus.
we just have to learn the system and steal it legally:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=120205

Xenophage
02-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Being insane is fun, isn't it?

ralucelom
02-13-2008, 09:57 PM
I hope ure right u delusional bastard =)

alaric
02-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I think that, with so many set backs, both real and perceived, we will prevail. I think that, at the absolutely last possible moment, something will happen, even the die-hard Bush cockstrokers will understand that the GOP only stands a chance to stay in the White House only if our man represents it, and Ron Paul will win the nomination, and, consequently, the elections.

I don't know why, and it is completely baseless, but I believe that all of our hard work, stress, fear over not getting quite the numbers we want, will come back to us in a good way. The bullshit that media gives us is actually our asset. That is extra rebuttal for us. See, I told you that RP is a good guy, look at the media all but ignoring him, it's because they know that he is not just another lobby prostitute or a power addict.

My faith by no means mean I have to sit on my ass while Ron Paul will somehow magically take over GOP. I have to work and just when I think I am the absolute limit of my efforts, I have to triple them. I will have to read up on things that I don't know that people ask me about. I will have to canvass some more. I will have to help other RP people some more. More more more (in a voice of that Leave Britney Alone dude on youtube lol) is the word.

But through all of that, I believe that we will prevail. Not "oh he lost but hey he stirred some shit and more ppl pay attention" prevail, but "he had this giant movemnt behind him, that's why he won" prevail.

What do you think?
Actually, the 'something' you are hoping for is what i was talking about the jury nullification principle: the delegates smell the stink of the primary results and decide to nullify the fixed results by doing the right thing and just voting for Ron Paul!:D

ronpaulhawaii
02-13-2008, 10:03 PM
we actually can win the potus.
we just have to learn the system and steal it legally:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=120205

That link is making me dizzy ;)

Akus
02-13-2008, 10:08 PM

they'll catch on, I'm telling ya

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-13-2008, 10:15 PM
I have no doubt that Ron Paul is going to win.

ShowMeLiberty
02-13-2008, 10:15 PM
I want to believe it ... but it's hard to believe.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/smilies/decision_smiley.gif

I'll be doing what I can, going to vote for RP delegates next month. Then we'll see what happens between now and September, I guess.

trapfive
02-13-2008, 10:23 PM

At this point I have no idea. I'm baffled by the lack of interest by everyone around me. Other than a few, most people act as if the primary is a waste of time and they're waiting on the main event in Nov., they don't seem to grasp the concept that choosing in Nov. is too late. I'm afraid more of the Dr's predictions are going to have to come true before people wake up and say, "what's going on here." Unfortunately, "Dr. Paul tried to tell you" is going to offer little comfort.

But, I'm not giving up and I'm writing in Dr. Pauls name regardless. When I first got into this deal I stated there was no other candidate worthy of my vote and nothing has changed that. If no one but me know I voted for the greatest statesman of my lifetime at least I know. In a way, it would just be a taste of what this great man has been doing for 30 years. Think about it, all those lone votes....why? Because Dr. Paul has a conscience that tells him which way to vote...So do I. Now that Dr. Paul has shown me the way I'd be morally bankrupt to vote otherwise...

AlbemarleNC0003
02-13-2008, 10:26 PM

Obviously, they don't come here first. :(

REally happy to see new donors and new precinct leaders.

nodope0695
02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Maybe McPain will drop dead...perhaps his past will catch up to him...I'm sorta hoping for the former. I know thats bad, but really, if McInsane dropped dead today, I'd not lose a wink of sleep...in fact, I'd celebrate.

ShowMeLiberty
02-13-2008, 10:28 PM
At this point I have no idea. I'm baffled by the lack of interest by everyone around me. Other than a few, most people act as if the primary is a waste of time and they're waiting on the main event in Nov., they don't seem to grasp the concept that choosing in Nov. is too late. I'm afraid more of the Dr's predictions are going to have to come true before people wake up and say, "what's going on here." Unfortunately, "Dr. Paul tried to tell you" is going to offer little comfort.

But, I'm not giving up and I'm writing in Dr. Pauls name regardless. When I first got into this deal I stated there was no other candidate worthy of my vote and nothing has changed that. If no one but me know I voted for the greatest statesman of my lifetime at least I know. In a way, it would just be a taste of what this great man has been doing for 30 years. Think about it, all those lone votes....why? Because Dr. Paul has a conscience that tells him which way to vote...So do I. Now that Dr. Paul has shown me the way I'd be morally bankrupt to vote otherwise...

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/smilies/Applaus.gif

I know exactly how you feel.

CMoore
02-13-2008, 10:29 PM
A lot of you young folks have not learned yet that one way to succeed is to simply stay in the game until you have actually LOST it. Don't assume you are going to lose it and quit prematurely. Often you will find that even though it looks like all is lost, if you stick it out until the bitter end, the tide will change at some point and you will prevail in the end. Not always. Sometimes you do lose, but many times you can turn it around and win.

In 1918 Germany was winning the Great War. But at some point, their will was broken and they gave up spiritually and were defeated. All they needed to do was hold out and they might have won. But they gave up and lost. Ron Paul is not going to give up until someone other than he is the Republican nominee. It is not clear at this point that he will not be the nominee. McCain does not have the required number of delegates. The media is selling him as the winner, but stay tuned. The fat lady has not sung yet.

Malakai0
02-13-2008, 10:32 PM
With all the hate for mccain even my hardcore neocon family hate mccain, I am much more optimistic now vs last week.

affa
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
The moment I discovered Ron Paul, I turned to my love and said 'That man will be president.'

I still believe it. Absolutely.

I knew it would be a long hard road - it would have to be, for someone speaking truth to power. But we're on that road, and we're moving moving moving forward and we're going to win it.

Absolutely. There is no other way. No other option.

This is our chance, and we will take it.

Akus
02-13-2008, 10:54 PM

What baffles me is that so many ignorant people think that primaries don't matter yet we still came very distant in most states. It seems like people are too dumb to pay attention, but just bright enough to go vote on a primary for Rudy McRomney. That baffles me infinitely more, because I really counted on us voting en masse while the ignorant ones were brushing up on the latest Britney Spears sleeze story.

VRP08
02-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Not dilusional! Possible! Anything can happen.

Michigan11
02-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Everybody get some prozak and become delusional. We still have a ways to go!

PauliticsPolitics
02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Actually, the 'something' you are hoping for is what i was talking about the jury nullification principle: the delegates smell the stink of the primary results and decide to nullify the fixed results by doing the right thing and just voting for Ron Paul!:D

this all starts by getting the delegates to be our people.
this is still possible in MOST states.
it's as simple as signing up or sometimes just donating.

READ:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119814

PauliticsPolitics
02-13-2008, 11:17 PM
What baffles me is that so many ignorant people think that primaries don't matter yet we still came very distant in most states. It seems like people are too dumb to pay attention, but just bright enough to go vote on a primary for Rudy McRomney. That baffles me infinitely more, because I really counted on us voting en masse while the ignorant ones were brushing up on the latest Britney Spears sleeze story.

well this can happen still.
The real elections are or delegates at state conventions...\
that's why we have to take over.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119814

Richard
02-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Christopher Story writes in world reports that the G8 meeting imposed sanctions on USa cos of failure to action the Wanta payments.
This means 4 ships of oil from Saudi will not arrive and international currency transactions will stop as I write.
Bush and Cheney..seem to have been using the funds for a bit of play money...Bush Snr did it and Clinton and Hillary is in on the act.

If news of the sanctions hits the press ..which the controlled media of course wont print....then hey presto Ron Paul is the only credentialled one to be President

The sharemarket and property crashes are very indicative that Story is right.

Dont lose hope of a major scandal very soon

Read worldreports.org

kill the banks
02-13-2008, 11:33 PM
politics is insanity ... i know a doctor

kill the banks

Ronin
02-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Here's how it'll work. An evangelical will suicide bomb McCain. Then all evangelicals will be rounded up and sent to gitmo. Now that McCain isn't there to win the indy and young vote and evangelicals aren't there to vote for Huck, RP will be there only solution.

Edit: For the record I am just kidding.

Ex Post Facto
02-14-2008, 12:57 AM
I think we will be in it until a brokered convention, we will take over the GOP, and work toward 2012. Then we will vote in 1/3 of the house and senate, 1/3 house and senate in every state, and 20 governors.

Heh you asked for the optomism.

Ex Post Facto
02-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Here's how it'll work. An evangelical will suicide bomb McCain. Then all evangelicals will be rounded up and sent to gitmo. Now that McCain isn't there to win the indy and young vote and evangelicals aren't there to vote for Huck, RP will be there only solution.

Edit: For the record I am just kidding.

The rature comes and they all disappear, plucked away...and there is hevean on earth.

Shink
02-14-2008, 12:59 AM
It would only be Obama, Hillary will not be the Democrat nominee unless she can stop a really popular candidate with a ton of momentum.

You think votes count in this country?:confused: