PDA

View Full Version : *******need Your Help*******

virginiakid
02-13-2008, 08:52 PM
I've decided to run for office (House of Delegates) against a guy that is quickly becoming a rising star in the Virginia Republican Party. This is the guy who also supported HB3202-the transportation bill(passed in 2007) that put hefty fines on all VA drivers if they broke the law. Any VA driver can be fined up to $3,000 for a driving offense such as wreck less driving. Speeding tickets can go as high as $1,500. Anyway, now there is a huge cry to repeal this law, but my delegate is one of the few who are resisting this lovely repeal because he says VA needs it to take care of transportation. I was hoping you could help me do some opposition research on this guy. His name is Chris Saxman and he is Delegate for the 20th District in VA. There is a possibility that he will run for Lt. Gov. in VA.

Here is one website.--Don't puke when you read why he endorsed McCain and is credited for McCain winning even though McCain lost big time in my area except for city he lives in.

http://www.votesaxman.com/

Here is our legislative information site
http://leg1.state.va.us/

Neomatrix
02-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Thought I would bump for a fellow Virginian. I'll do what I can.:)

pinkmandy
02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Interesting. Are you on meetup groups? VA has a bunch of them. Join and get this out there. I think if you did this you might find someone knowledgeable and experienced locally in party politics more than willing to help you get going.

virginiakid
02-13-2008, 10:59 PM
I am actually part of two of the meet-up groups in my area. I plan on talking to them in person at the next monthly meeting. The general assembly elections isn't until 09'. BTW, I've been hearing of some talk about George Allen running for Governor again. While I liked Governor Allen when he was Governor, I think he really went to the left a little when he became senator.

I was thinking about running for Congress in the 6th District but, I am not sure that would be a good idea given that I don't have real name recognition. I do know that there are two democrat vying for the democrat nomination and of course you have the incumbent who slaughters anybody who runs against him. Most people in my opinion lose to Goodlatte because they don't have a real good grassroots and of course lack of money. Personally I would love to run against Goodlatte because he needs to be exposed for his support of the patriot act and the REAL ID act.

virginiakid
02-14-2008, 07:49 AM
bump

Benaiah
02-14-2008, 09:13 AM
bump. what town in Virginia you in? what is your background (school, work.)?

virginiakid
02-14-2008, 09:25 AM
I live in the Massanetta Springs area just outside of Harrisnoburg. Background is business owner, high school education, did go to college for several classes like english. Usually go to various schools for specific training. I went to UVA for a screen-writing class and went to the Leadership Institute for several political classes. I am also a member of the State Military (Which I would have to be out before I ran for office). I am also a Christian and teach Sunday nights on a monthly schedule. Hope this helps.

liberteebell
02-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Bump for virginiakid!!!! If nothing else, run on a "shoestring" to get the message and your name out there. I believe that we need to challenge Establishment candidates with a grassroots Liberty alternative everywhere we can. I'd be running in the 2nd district to challenge neo-con extraordinaire, Thelma Drake if I didn't have minor children.

Some folks in Virginia Beach ran as write-ins for city council just to keep them from running unopposed and to make a statement against "The best city council money can buy" (although, I challenge that statement; Norfolk is right up there with 'em).

I know a couple of political operatives who really know the system and what it takes. PM me and I'll give you some contact information.

tommyzDad
02-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Bump for Virginia!
Bump for VK!

virginiakid
02-14-2008, 12:33 PM
bump