PDA

View Full Version : Great News! Ron Paul Newspaper -- Texas Edition!

patriotcalendar
02-13-2008, 07:27 PM
[Edit]: There is a website for the Texas Edition now -- www.TexasRonPaulNewspaper.com (http://www.texasronpaulnewspaper.com)

Folks, Crystal Broyles of RonPaulNewspaper.com (http://www.ronpaulnewspaper.com) has graciously agreed to produce a special Texas edition of the Ron Paul Newspaper!

The big cities of Texas have had enthusiastic Meetups working nearly all year to promote Ron Paul, but in small towns and rural areas, often the mainstream media is the primary (if not sole) source of news. And goodness knows -- Texas consists of LOTS of wide open space dotted with small towns!

The idea is to target it to rural & remote areas of Texas (small towns). Article topics have been specially chosen to appeal to farmers/ranchers, Christian conservatives, and "mom-and-pop" business owners.

We would like to target 500,000 copies for delivery to driveways across Texas!

This project needs funding RIGHT AWAY! Please help out by making your most generous contribution to the Chip In here:

http://www.ronpaulaustin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=45

(The ChipIn will also be posted at RonPaulNewspaper.com soon.)

### NOTE: IF YOU ARE A TEXAS MEETUP ORGANIZER ###

Please contact me by PM or email { pam [at] web-function [dot] com } if you are interested in organizing your Meetup to deliver papers in small towns!

### NOTE: IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WRITING AN ARTICLE FOR INCLUSION ###

Please contact me by PM or email { pam [at] web-function [dot] com } and I will send you a list of topics to choose from. Sorry about this, but we've got an URGENT turnaround time of about 72 hours for submission! HELP NEEDED!

Please help keep this bumped! Thanks for your attention! :)

Sey.Naci
02-13-2008, 07:31 PM
This effort should be supported. The Ron Paul Newspaper is very effective in spreading the word; it brings the content of the campaign's website to the doors of people who don't surf the Web. It circumvents the MSM.

Penners
02-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Bump

literatim
02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I want to see an Ohio edition.

patriotcalendar
02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
I want to see an Ohio edition.

Head it up!

Seriously, organize some content ideas & writers and try contacting Crystal at RonPaulNewspaper.com to see if she can get on board.

---------- @ ALL:

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Texas Edition is looking like it will be an 8-page spread! Nice!

The ChipIn funds need to roll in fast!..

WEBMASTERS, if you'd be willing to put the ChipIn widget up on your website, please PM me for the widget code!

Thanks!

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey Pam, I'll deliver as many as you can get to me in the small towns around SA.

Edu
02-13-2008, 09:44 PM
bump

ForLibertyFight
02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
bump

Kotin
02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
im in san marcos, if i can get some i will pass these out till i pass out.

Lord Xar
02-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Can We Get Meetup Memembers To Ping Their Meetups And Get This Ordered And Out There!!!

jahazii
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
We did 7000 papers in Louisana and the precints we hit tripled thier vote to 15% I have pictures too.:D

Edu
02-13-2008, 10:33 PM
bump

Beerhall Agitator
02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
You need $40,000 for this?! there are a lot of other causes that need funding in Texas...

patriotcalendar
02-13-2008, 10:57 PM
You need $40,000 for this?! there are a lot of other causes that need funding in Texas...

Yep. and $40K for 500,000 papers is a bargain if you ask me. This will be an 8-page spread at 8 cents per copy! And it gets results! Search these forums, you'll find raves about the newspaper effectiveness.

The rural areas of Texas need outreach badly!

Meetups are doing a good job covering metropolitan areas.. and, as far as I know, the official campaign is not doing statewide broadcast ads (they are also covering metro areas -- ack!)

Edit [redacted] -- if anyone is interested in what I had to say here, please PM me.

And thanks, Dirk! What you said below is what needed to be said. :)

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-13-2008, 11:06 PM

None that would be this effective in reaching this target audience.

ForLibertyFight
02-13-2008, 11:40 PM
bump

cheese
02-13-2008, 11:46 PM
bump

Eric21ND
02-13-2008, 11:48 PM
let's win Texas for the Dr.

Enzo
02-13-2008, 11:51 PM
im in san marcos, if i can get some i will pass these out till i pass out.

What do you think about getting these to towns like Luling, Bastrop, Wimberly, Dripping Springs, Lockhart etc..?

I think that might be a great way to reach these smaller towns that otherwise might get no exposure to Ron Paul.

patriotcalendar
02-14-2008, 12:01 AM
What do you think about getting these to towns like Luling, Bastrop, Wimberly, Dripping Springs, Lockhart etc..?

I think that might be a great way to reach these smaller towns that otherwise might get no exposure to Ron Paul.

Yes, yes! That is exactly the idea :D

Hey Enzo, are you in the Austin Meetup?

Eric21ND
02-14-2008, 12:08 AM
For the love of god please put information showing Ron Paul strong on border security. Maybe include the endorsements of the groups that favor strong borders. I bet that would get much play in rural Texas.

Could you also add something about the Texas corridor super highway? I heard its going to eat up millions of acres through forced eminent domain and there is going to be a toll on the highway that is paid to a foreign government (Spain)? They claim its for free trade, but we know those deals destroy American manufacturing. Try to find an article about it and get Dr. Paul's opinion.

patriotcalendar
02-14-2008, 01:24 AM
For the love of god please put information showing Ron Paul strong on border security. Maybe include the endorsements of the groups that favor strong borders. I bet that would get much play in rural Texas.

Could you also add something about the Texas corridor super highway? I heard its going to eat up millions of acres through forced eminent domain and there is going to be a toll on the highway that is paid to a foreign government (Spain)? They claim its for free trade, but we know those deals destroy American manufacturing. Try to find an article about it and get Dr. Paul's opinion.

You are very hip to the issues that will interest rural Texans. :)

(Bumpity, bump)

Enzo
02-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Yes, yes! That is exactly the idea :D

Hey Enzo, are you in the Austin Meetup?

No. I'm not part of any meetup.

But I'm certainly willing to help get these distributed.

280Z28
02-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Make sure it includes a calendar of TEXAS rallies on the front.

* Make sure it has an article that talks about standing up for the values we teach our children - that it's better to do what's right whether or not you see lots of people around doing the same. Vote for honesty: 30 years of honest medicine and politics. Vote for family: 51 years with his wife, 4000 babies delivered and actively discouraged (and never had anything to do with) abortions. Give your children a leader that sets a good example of standing up for what is right, even when it meant he was all alone. One they can aspire to be like, and a fellow Texan they can relate to.

280Z28
02-14-2008, 01:49 AM
I notice the other newspapers lacking in cover organization. Make sure a table of contents/categories is first and foremost. Give clear headings to the articles. Include Dr. Paul's statement of faith.

Something like this on the front (you'll have to reorder it, although I think the first item I listed should go first, or maybe second after a brief intro):

Ron Paul talks about:
* What does a True Conservative look like? .... p. __
* Strengthening the Economy ............ p. __
* Social Security and retirement
* Medicine
* Life & Family
* Religion
* Education
* Immigration
* Foreign policy for protecting Americans

nayjevin
02-14-2008, 04:54 AM
good ideas. this could be huge.

AMeredith
02-14-2008, 06:19 AM
bump

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-14-2008, 07:52 AM
bump

slamhead
02-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Looking back..I wish I would have paid more attention to the news paper when I walked my precinct in California. Is exactly what I needed, and at $0.08 a copy it is the same price I paid to print a flier.

voytechs
02-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Chiped in!

Edu
02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
bump

patriotcalendar
02-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Big thanks to those who've chipped in!! :D

This needs $$ to roll in fast so this thing can go to print... if anyone has a little time to help promote the fundraising link, please, I implore you! Ping your Meetups, post on forums, send to your email contacts!

http://www.ronpaulaustin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=45

If anyone has a creative idea on how I should promote the ChipIn, please speak up!

(I'm pinging Texas Meetups.) Hopefully the ChipIn will be posted on RonPaulNewspaper.com soon, which will make it easier to call in to radio shows and give out the URL. Other suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks!

kirkblitz
02-14-2008, 06:52 PM
bumpage

humanic
02-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Make sure it includes a calendar of TEXAS rallies on the front.

* Make sure it has an article that talks about standing up for the values we teach our children - that it's better to do what's right whether or not you see lots of people around doing the same. Vote for honesty: 30 years of honest medicine and politics. Vote for family: 51 years with his wife, 4000 babies delivered and actively discouraged (and never had anything to do with) abortions. Give your children a leader that sets a good example of standing up for what is right, even when it meant he was all alone. One they can aspire to be like, and a fellow Texan they can relate to.

Good suggestions. The Texas edition needs to hit all the right notes, but I'm confident Crystal and Co. will do this. I think the newspaper is one of the best grassroots projects yet... thanks for getting this together.

Edu
02-14-2008, 10:03 PM
bumper

magicmike
02-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I have some articles with the national newspaper project, waiting to hear back from Crystal to see if she can use them.

Here is a sample of a few. http://www.joearminioforcongress.org/intelligencer.html

Sey.Naci
02-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Please rate this thread up. RPN is a terrific - and proven - idea. Somebody on these forums has been rating down the very best threads. It's obviously a mole.

Lou337
02-15-2008, 03:26 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
02-15-2008, 04:18 PM
bump

Mark
02-16-2008, 02:36 AM
bump

mkeller
02-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Blump-bumpity-pow!

Carole
02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
I really love this newspaper project.

JimInNY
02-18-2008, 08:30 PM
bump

JimInNY
02-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Why is this not getting the support it deserves?

Jeremy
02-20-2008, 10:15 PM
bump

slacker921
02-20-2008, 10:36 PM
you know.. for what was donated to Paul's congressional race in 10 minutes yesterday we could send out newspapers to 500,000 people in TX. The papers would help both his presidential run and his congressional run .. And yet it didn't happen. ??? I don't get it.

ForLibertyFight
02-20-2008, 11:14 PM
bump :)

Eric21ND
02-21-2008, 06:49 AM
you know.. for what was donated to Paul's congressional race in 10 minutes yesterday we could send out newspapers to 500,000 people in TX. The papers would help both his presidential run and his congressional run .. And yet it didn't happen. ??? I don't get it.

+1000 We need to spread this idea!

Edu
02-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Throwing for Paul!

fever pitch
02-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Why is this not getting the support it deserves?

Yes, WHY? I haven't seen a better, more cost-effective RP grassroots project than this one. 8 cents per 8-page paper all about Ron Paul, delivered to 500,000 homes. Please help make this happen! There's still time -- the deadline's been extended to Feb. 25, so give $5 if that's all you can, but do it pronto! They need to get this printed and delivered before the March 4 TX primary. The link once again: http://www.texasronpaulnewspaper.com/

Sey.Naci
02-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Yes, WHY? I haven't seen a better, more cost-effective RP grassroots project than this one. 8 cents per 8-page paper all about Ron Paul, delivered to 500,000 homes. Please help make this happen! There's still time -- the deadline's been extended to Feb. 25, so give $5 if that's all you can, but do it pronto! They need to get this printed and delivered before the March 4 TX primary. The link once again: http://www.texasronpaulnewspaper.com/QFT

nayjevin
02-26-2008, 06:25 AM
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6224/papacf4.jpg

its on

fufurios
02-26-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm not allowed to vote:(
Am I allowed to bump?
Then: BUMP!

Carole
02-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Please bump this or sticky.

Please contribute for 500,000 newspapers in Texas. they need the funds to get this paper printed by Friday.

Help make an impact in Texas if you can by contributing.

http://www.ronpaulnewspaper.com/

Thanks

Santana28
02-27-2008, 02:02 PM
we need to have these in every state over the next 4 years - seriously - this is the most productive idea yet for the price.

nayjevin
02-29-2008, 02:26 AM
the Texas edition is in print. PDF can be found here (http://www.burksfarm.com/RPTX.pdf)

wowabunga
02-29-2008, 09:39 AM
we need to have these in every state over the next 4 years - seriously - this is the most productive idea yet for the price.

Can't recall the exact numbers.... they say newspapers over a days time will be read over and over by multiple people in public spaces. A very good investment for educating the citizens.

linusPAULing
02-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Were any Ron Paul Newspapers ever delivered prior to Super Tuesday? Where have they been delivered to date?

nayjevin
03-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Were any Ron Paul Newspapers ever delivered prior to Super Tuesday? Where have they been delivered to date?

I actually never got the physical copy of the paper I was promised or learned where they were delivered.

It was fun laying out the Ron Paul Newspaper, though, and it's one of my proudest projects.