PDA

View Full Version : Please do Not support the Science Debate please.

Rhys
02-13-2008, 07:01 PM
IF you email the science debate people, please have it be about how science is not a matter for presidential debate unless they want the world to be flat again.

Thank you.

BarryDonegan
02-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I think Dr. Paul should be afforded the chance to speak on any subject at any time, as his message is important, however the OP's point is correct and heard loud and clear, Thomas Jefferson warned against legislating based on the opinions of religions AND science and America has forgotten that.

Ibgamer
02-13-2008, 07:57 PM
I think science is very important in a presidential race. For example stem cell research is considered a high priority for me, so much potential to cure so many diseases.

Rhys
02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
beginning of the end. just keep the president out of it... very simple. we don't need a whole debate for that.

Give me liberty
02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
agreed, besides i will be bored.

Rhys
02-13-2008, 10:47 PM
self bump

nate895
02-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Why do Presidents need to debate science?

Now this is one thing I might think the Huckster is on to something.

rocketless
02-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I think science is very important in a presidential race. For example stem cell research is considered a high priority for me, so much potential to cure so many diseases.

You should then support it yourself. The government has no role in paying for scientific studies unless it is o.k. by the constitution. I too think that stem cells have great potential, but we should leave the funding of that to the private sector or the states.

LibertyRevolution
02-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Ron Paul would just say that the government has no place in science, leave it up to the free market.

But keep in mind RP wants to define life as starting at conception, so good luck with your free market stem cell research…which sucks.
I have no issue with growing human embryos to use for medical reasons. I think if the government was never was involved, they would be making body parts by now, and working on doubling the human life span. I feel that if someone wants to have some stem cells so they can grow a new organ, they should just be able to go to a lab, provide semen/egg and have it stored until needed for organ generation. Far as I see it, you should be allowed to clone yourself, have it lobotomize leaving only necessary brain functions to live, and use them to harvest organs. Most of you Christians are probably appalled at my thoughts, oh well, its my body why should I not be allowed to?

pacelli
02-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Why do Presidents need to debate science?

Now this is one thing I might think the Huckster is on to something.

Because the next dictator will have to prepare us for the use of scientific innovations like RFID chips, national ID cards, and mercury in the vaccines.

4RP08inKCMO
02-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Most of you Christians are probably appalled at my thoughts, oh well, its my body why should I not be allowed to?

Most of us really don't give a shit about your thoughts. :D

nate895
02-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Ron Paul would just say that the government has no place in science, leave it up to the free market.

But keep in mind RP wants to define life as starting at conception, so good luck with your free market stem cell research…which sucks.
I have no issue with growing human embryos to use for medical reasons. I think if the government was never was involved, they would be making body parts by now, and working on doubling the human life span. I feel that if someone wants to have some stem cells so they can grow a new organ, they should just be able to go to a lab, provide semen/egg and have it stored until needed for organ generation. Far as I see it, you should be allowed to clone yourself, have it lobotomize leaving only necessary brain functions to live, and use them to harvest organs. Most of you Christians are probably appalled at my thoughts, oh well, its my body why should I not be allowed to?

Good luck trying to get the human life span to double, since we're at 80 now, and the max it will ever be is the 120s, that I can guarantee you.

BarryDonegan
02-14-2008, 12:15 AM

stem cell research does not require using embryos.

don't worry, the government doesn't need to get involved in stem cell research, theres plenty of zillionaires with egos big enough to personally fund health improvements that might help them live forever. What else can you do with billions of dollars of personal wealth?

pacelli
02-14-2008, 12:20 AM
You should then support it yourself. The government has no role in paying for scientific studies unless it is o.k. by the constitution. I too think that stem cells have great potential, but we should leave the funding of that to the private sector or the states.

Technological advancements would be made much faster if they were made in a free market.