PDA

View Full Version : ***Important*** National Grassroots Conference. *Only Key States Invited*

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Only those in Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Nebraska, Washington, and South Dakota are invited...

National Grassroots Conference Call:
:00 PM EST, 7:00 PM CST, 5:00 PM PST 1 (605) 475-4333 access code 280097#

Call Subject: Delegates, Shadow Delegates, and How to take over the GOP in your state.

ONLY 200 can listen, so only get on if you run a meetup or can share a ton of information on your state.

AmyPA
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Who's organizing this? Is it an official campaign thing?

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Who's organizing this? Is it an official campaign thing?

No, a loose confederation of state grassroots leaders have been doing this every week... I'm the Arkansas state organizer, but it started off in Callie.

We are reaching out tonight to states who can put in shadow delegates... We are also going to talk about how many of us have taken over local and state parties...

No1ButPaul08
02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I just remembered this but i read somewhere on here that if you go to the convention and are bound for a candidate and hold out or go for another that you can pretty much consider your political career over. So i wouldn't encourage this if that's what you meant by stealth delegates. If you just mean becoming a delegate to be bound for enough candidate so they can have an impact at the convention, then that's fine. We do still need all the delegates and county chairs and everything we can get

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I just remembered this but i read somewhere on here that if you go to the convention and are bound for a candidate and hold out or go for another that you can pretty much consider your political career over. So i wouldn't encourage this if that's what you meant by stealth delegates. If you just mean becoming a delegate to be bound for enough candidate so they can have an impact at the convention, then that's fine. We do still need all the delegates and county chairs and everything we can get

Yea, Not for the first ballot... Only the second. And I would only advise the first if it was close for Mccain.
My poltitical career is save at the district convention because the majority will be voting for me and our supporters, I will not...

rice_classic
02-13-2008, 07:07 PM
I am call the right now from Seattle. There are about 40 people on the call, so PLEASE call in!

Haven't heard from anyone from California, AZ, Maine, yet so get to dialing!!!!!!!!

Call now and pass the info along to your meetup coordinators and PCOs

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 07:18 PM
bump

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 07:45 PM
bump

kyleAF
02-13-2008, 07:55 PM
bump. on the line now

PopeDonzel
02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
why wasn't ohio invited to this, 88 delegates?

nc4rp
02-13-2008, 08:03 PM
ohio was mentioned :D i think its winner take all so the method may not work on ohio ?

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 08:20 PM
why wasn't ohio invited to this, 88 delegates?

Ohio's ballots are moraly bound and it will be hard to do what we are trying to get done... we still have room on the call, so anyone can jump on.

Austin
02-13-2008, 08:36 PM
If someone could provide a summary of what is discussed, that would be great. I am an unofficial county coordinator in Indiana, so much of this information will be useful.

kill the banks
02-13-2008, 08:42 PM
question : can a delegate abstain on first ballot ... ? is there any legal reason ie sudden illness etc ?

kill the banks

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 09:20 PM
question : can a delegate abstain on first ballot ... ? is there any legal reason ie sudden illness etc ?

kill the banks

Yes but say goodbye to your political career if you do... this would only be a last ditch effort if we had McCain Delegates and he just got over the mark.

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
If someone could provide a summary of what is discussed, that would be great. I am an unofficial county coordinator in Indiana, so much of this information will be useful.

We will have infomation coming out soon... We don't want much public because we don't want other campaigns catching on to some of the things we are talking about....

I do know indiana is a Great state and we are going to be doing alot of magical things in that state...

Info on all of the states is being gathered here: http://gopdelegates.com/