PDA

View Full Version : Where did everyone go when the board crashed?

DeadheadForPaul
08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
i would like to know a "meeting place" in the rare instance that it happens again

I just camped out in the justin.tv room

SWATH
ronpualforum.com

(without the "s")

alexlcameron
ronpaulforum.com although there was never much activity

Man from La Mancha
08-13-2007, 01:34 PM
You know I saw you there:) ronpaulforum.com

njandrewg
08-13-2007, 01:36 PM
i looked through the other ron paul forum and facebook/digg/reddit for news

quickmike
08-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Myself, I sat in the corner of my living room curled up in fetal position with a bottle of Jack Daniels saying "what am I gonna do???????? .............. I dont know what to do!!!!"

Made the time pass faster though. Glad they got the hamster back running on the wheel again though.

Actually I was at ronpaulforum.com too LOL

nullvalu
08-13-2007, 01:37 PM
i was at ronpaulforum.com too but it stunk, they inflate their usage numbers..

i was never able to register at jusin.tv :(

Hamburglar
08-13-2007, 01:37 PM
fredthompsonforum.com lol

angelatc
08-13-2007, 01:39 PM
ronpaulforum. It was like a cheap motel.

mconder
ronpualforum.com

(without the "s")

Where they spoof their total users online and ban your account for no reason. I asked them why my account was banned and he said he didn't remember and that it might have been a mistake. Well...YA...I hadn't posted anything with the account yet!

MsDoodahs
RonPaulForum.com

JustinTV didn't work well for me either...

nullvalu
08-13-2007, 01:40 PM

haha i was having fun there too.. :D "BringOutYourFred"

quickmike
08-13-2007, 01:41 PM

cept without the coke and hookers:D

richard1984
08-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I went to www.ronpaulforum.com, too. It's definitely not as active as this forum is.

DeadheadForPaul
08-13-2007, 01:43 PM
surprised how many people went to RonPaulForum. I forgot it even existed

There were 800-1600 people inthe justin.tv chat

libertarianguy
08-13-2007, 01:45 PM
test

billm317
08-13-2007, 01:45 PM
everyone's welcome to fire up an IRC client and join us in #RonPaul on freenode.net

inibo
08-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I went to the Montgomery County (Maryland) Fair, helped man the GOP booth and handed out lots of slim-jims. During repeated visits to get Ames news at the internet cafe the fair had set up I was unable to get to get my fix here. That was frustrating because I knew this was where I could get the latest info. I tried not to be paranoid about, but then when I found out that their were malfunctions in the Diebolds, I was sure the apocalypse had begun.

OURPLAN
08-13-2007, 01:54 PM
I was watching the Straw on CSPAN.
When they went into overtime,
I about lost it!

JustinTV to the rescue.
What a great station.

I was on the edge of my seat
when they were reading the names...

Literally goosebumps...

Glad the forum is back on.

Peace,
Lp:)

quickmike
08-13-2007, 01:56 PM
tried not to be paranoid about, but then when I found out that their were malfunctions in the Diebolds, I was sure the apocalypse had begun.

you think thats bad, just wait. Im sure there will be plenty more slimeball tactics that will be used in the future. Much worse than anything concerning Diebold machines. All im saying is, prepare for it. Its gonna get nasty.

Spirit of '76
08-13-2007, 01:59 PM
ronpaulforum.com although there was never much activity

Yeah, that place was dead as a doornail, as Shakespeare would say.

1000-points-of-fright
08-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I went outside... in the sunlight... and got my life back.

quickmike
08-13-2007, 02:05 PM

sun..... .. light?:confused: sounds interesting

UtahApocalypse
08-13-2007, 02:11 PM
I watched justin.tv then listened to ronpaulradio.com and worked on a few projects. It was horrifying not having the instant information center up and active LOL

inibo
08-13-2007, 02:26 PM
you think thats bad, just wait. Im sure there will be plenty more slimeball tactics that will be used in the future. Much worse than anything concerning Diebold machines. All im saying is, prepare for it. Its gonna get nasty.

I may be sorry someday for saying this, but "Bring 'em on!"

Bison
08-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I considered talking to myself over at http://www.believeinamerica.com ,but I do that sometimes anyway. :) Its my forum. If this one ever goes down again you all can post your news over there. It really could use the love.

I tried turning on one of my members to Ron Paul. She said the fact that I believed in him enough to tell her about him impressed her. She said she would check him out. That thread is here http://www.believeinamerica.com/about2859.html

In any case, I 'm glad this forum is back up as well. I do check it for news daily.

angelatc
08-13-2007, 02:32 PM

Eeew. That's just weird.

rich34
08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I went to the other board as well, but like someone done said there wasn't a whole lot going on over there. Probably the biggest excitement over the weekend was seeing the supporters of Dr. Paul march into the room before Ron gave his speech. Talk about inspiring! I really like the band playing too, but you couldn't hear them much. I was in my living room hollaring along with them lol. My wife's like uh........

DeadheadForPaul
08-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I went to the other board as well, but like someone done said there wasn't a whole lot going on over there. Probably the biggest excitement over the weekend was seeing the supporters of Dr. Paul march into the room before Ron gave his speech. Talk about inspiring! I really like the band playing too, but you couldn't hear them much. I was in my living room hollaring along with them lol. My wife's like uh........

This is really dorky but I was too lol

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-13-2007, 02:40 PM

Bots instead of roaches crawling all over the place. Hey, when you're desperate -- and you all know you were, just like me -- you go places you're not proud of.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-13-2007, 02:40 PM

LOL!!!

TheConstitutionLives
08-13-2007, 02:44 PM
i was having withdrawals for this site.

remaxjon
08-13-2007, 02:51 PM
You guys really shouldn't blast ronpaulforum

That was one of the first sites I visited and a great source of information. The home page to the forum is ronpaulforpresident2008.com and it is a great place to send people who are curious about Dr Paul. Good video's and constantly updated articles. Granted the forums are slow but that is not the there fault. I havn't seen any ads or anything else that would suggest they are for profit. They are doing there part to help the good doctor and you all shouldn't trash them just because you had a bad experience.

ARealConservative
08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
I met Josh and his girlfriend? in Ames. We joked about how the consipiracy theorists must be going crazy that the site shut down on the most important day so far.

I had a great time - met some great folks.

My co-workers asked if I was dissappointed. Heck no! This was my response - I don't know where it comes from - other then from the heart.

"You remember the comraderie you felt shortly after 9/11 where all American's were super nice to one-another? that is exactly how the Ron Paul Revolution feels, except were motivated by love of country and love of liberty. Those feelings after 9/11 didn't last long - because it was motivated by hate and revenge. This revolution has more staying power. Ignore polls and simply join us. The red state blue state hate is coming to an end."

Jennifer Reynolds
08-13-2007, 03:04 PM
///

mdh
08-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Ron Paul IRC chat on irc.ronpaul.name / http://www.ronpaul.name/chat/

Pretty good userbase, lots of chat always going on. We were wondering about ronpaulforums.com while it was down.

Wyurm
08-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I have a list of forums that either have subsections about Ron Paul or where the entire forum is dedicated to Ron Paul. So, if this forum breaks down again I would suggest looking in this order at these places:

http://www.ronpaulforum.com/index.php
http://www.ronpaulnation.com/board/
http://ronpaul.freeforums.org/ (its new)

There are many more, but this should be enough for just in case. I have them saved to favorites.

sunny
08-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Myself, I sat in the corner of my living room curled up in fetal position with a bottle of Jack Daniels saying "what am I gonna do???????? .............. I dont know what to do!!!!"

Made the time pass faster though. Glad they got the hamster back running on the wheel again though.

LOL!

actually, i went to the forum on dailypaul - i mean what's a girl to do when her favorite hangout is on the outs? - and for sure that forum has NOTHIN' on this one! - yikes! i forgot all about ronpaulforum!!!

Original_Intent
08-13-2007, 04:08 PM

You stole my answer!

randolphus maximus
08-13-2007, 04:10 PM
I listened to ronpaulradio.com and then watched c-span for Dr. Paul's speech. His crowd was by far the loudest!

DjLoTi
08-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Worked on RonPaulradio.com making sure Ronstock and the Straw Poll events went smoothly for the broadcast.

I think we did an awesome job, and it was really cool to tune in and get the results instantaneously.

Bradley in DC
08-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Worked on RonPaulradio.com making sure Ronstock and the Straw Poll events went smoothly for the broadcast.

I think we did an awesome job, and it was really cool to tune in and get the results instantaneously.

I had actually fallen asleep before the results were supposed to be released. When I woke up two hours after the results "announcement" and couldn't find anything, I was really confused. Later JustinTV was the only place I could get live results--I couldn't get on RonPaulRadio.com!

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-13-2007, 05:40 PM

Razmear
08-13-2007, 05:50 PM
eventually I remembered about RonPaulForuM, before that DailyPaul.com, a lot of Google News search by date, Justin.tv was great for the vid, but the chat window was annoying as hell (too small) so I used the /snippits3/ link on the official RP site to watch, #RonPaul on IRC, and assorted comment places on other boards.

Seeing how it was 104 here, going out in the sun was not an option.

eb

Matt Collins
08-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Facebook

ksuguy
08-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I browsed ronpaulforum.com to keep up on the news, but I didn't bother registering or posting anything.

maggiebott
08-13-2007, 06:52 PM
First I threw a hissy fit and said many expletives for two days straight. WTF!

lynnf
08-13-2007, 07:42 PM
i would like to know a "meeting place" in the rare instance that it happens again

I just camped out in the justin.tv room

I just checked for ronpaulforums.com every now and then for the first day. Then
later on the second day I decided to lurk at ronpaulforum.com but I didn't join the
list, just lurked.

lynn

slantedview
08-13-2007, 07:45 PM
ronpualforum.com

(without the "s")
yep

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Oh, and beside the foruM, I hung out with my buddies at THE STRAW POLL! Woo-hoo! Funny thing though, the whole time I kept thinking, "I wonder what's going on in the forumS?"

I really need to get that internetS implant I've been considering. Has the internets implant been patented yet? My buddy the patent lawyer says you have to have a working model to apply for a patent. I'll volunteer!

ronpaulitician
08-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Howard Stern forum
Bill Maher forum
Politico

JaylieWoW
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
I actually got some real work done at work today. My desk is nice and clear now!

:p

Jared Callanan
08-13-2007, 08:33 PM
I learned about this forum from ronpaulforum.com this weekened..... Man am I red in the face.. By the way, I am still waiting for my password to post a message over there.

McDermit
08-13-2007, 08:55 PM
I had actually fallen asleep before the results were supposed to be released. When I woke up two hours after the results "announcement" and couldn't find anything, I was really confused. Later JustinTV was the only place I could get live results--I couldn't get on RonPaulRadio.com!

Funny. Juntin.tv crashed my browser every time I tried it. RPR worked fine though.

McDermit
08-13-2007, 08:57 PM
i visited ronpaulforum.com a few times, but it wasn't worth refreshing the page. i sorted through some meetup emails, then spent the rest of my time out at the pool being lazy.

jmarinara
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
So tell me the difference between this RP forum, and that RP forum. Is one of them officially endorsed by the campaign? Why the need for 2 forums?

aravoth
08-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I went to the other forum, and I went to fredthompson forum, I needed a laugh.

inibo
08-13-2007, 09:23 PM
I learned about this forum from ronpaulforum.com this weekened..... Man am I red in the face.. By the way, I am still waiting for my password to post a message over there.

Welcome.

Will
08-13-2007, 09:27 PM
I spent the time harrassing people on Politico.com. I really can't stand those jers...

jasonhlasvegas
08-13-2007, 09:36 PM
I went to meetup forums.

Roxi
08-13-2007, 09:45 PM
So tell me the difference between this RP forum, and that RP forum. Is one of them officially endorsed by the campaign? Why the need for 2 forums?

from what i understand this forum is put up by supporters and the other one is a for profit site and the same owner as the FT forums

Paul4Prez
08-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I went to RonPaulforPresident2008.com, and clicked on their forum here:

http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/pages/forum.html

It gets almost as much traffic as this site.

ronpaulhawaii
08-13-2007, 09:57 PM

That was where I woulda gone next, figured someone would be there LOL

There were 800-1600 people inthe justin.tv chat

It was crazy...

I went to the Montgomery County (Maryland) Fair, helped man the GOP booth and handed out lots of slim-jims. During repeated visits to get Ames news at the internet cafe the fair had set up I was unable to get to get my fix here. That was frustrating because I knew this was where I could get the latest info. I tried not to be paranoid about, but then when I found out that their were malfunctions in the Diebolds, I was sure the apocalypse had begun.

<applause>

I watched justin.tv then listened to ronpaulradio.com and worked on a few projects. It was horrifying not having the instant information center up and active LOL

There you have it...

Ditto.

Still reeling from the confusion. Then I tried getting on the hamster wheel and running my little heart out, but all I got was dizzy.

Ron Paul Forum got nothing on us. I missed everyone just when I needed them most.

Awwwwwww :p

Yeah RPRadio was the only solid thing I could keep, while all else was crashing around me... :) Thanks Dj

I went to the other forum, and I went to fredthompson forum, I needed a laugh.

:D

Glad to see you all again, mahalo Josh

michaelwise
08-13-2007, 10:39 PM
I posted the Iowa speech and the Laura Ingraham disgusting remarks videos on the other forum. That was the first RP forum I joined, but a few days later, joined this one. I think we should use other forum as a back up, and claim it as our own.

Do you kind of get a sense when this forum is getting ready to crash? If you do, sound a battle cry to meet up at the other forum. Everyone should get an account there.

PatriotOne
08-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I had C-Span (subsequently Fox News...gag), Justin TV and RonPaulRadio going all at the same time after the forums went down. I just kept muting and unmuting depending on which one I wanted to listen to at the time.

After that, I was glad for the break from all you ornery people :D

0zzy
08-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Google news keyword: Ron Paul
Google blogs keyword: Ron Paul
Google videos keyword: Ron Paul

Obsession, I know.

mport1
08-13-2007, 11:38 PM
" Where did everyone go when the board crashed?"

Facebook group - http://wustl.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2229718737

18,400 strong and growing.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-13-2007, 11:41 PM
I went to RonPaulforPresident2008.com, and clicked on their forum here:

http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/pages/forum.html

It gets almost as much traffic as this site.

90% bots, likely admin-induced. You'll notice that there are usually hundreds of guests and a couple of logged in users. That's a hell of a lot of passive guests. Even the guests on this forum are -- what -- half bots/spiders and half legitimate, browsing guests.